It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is the kind of crap I'm talking about. You got this fake-ass movie supposedly depicting the "true" story of Jesus when it can't be true if Jesus isn't black in the film. Then, all the Jesus Freaks get all goofy and reverant, saying, "In the name of God, you must see this gory bloodfest of a film. See the blood. See the gore. See the torture. Praise Jesus."

Then, tis not bad enough that they will be making filthy lucre off the lie but now look what their doing!

February 19, 2004 -- Replicas of the nails used to hang Jesus on the cross have become the red-hot official merchandise linked to Mel Gibson's controversial new movie, "The Passion of the Christ."
Pendants made from the pewter, 2 1/2-inch nails - selling for $16.99 - all but flew out of the Christian Publications Bookstore on West 43rd Street as soon as they were put on display.

Hundreds of stores across the country will be selling licensed items tied to the movie, a graphically violent depiction of the last 12 hours of Christ's life, which opens next week on Ash Wednesday.

The souvenirs include a book, pins, key chains, coffee mugs and T-shirts.

But the most unusual collectibles are the nails, each of which hangs on a leather cord.

Its side bears the inscription "Isaiah 53:5," referring to a Bible verse that begins, "He was pierced for our transgressions . . ."

www.nypost.com...

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You really need to get over this black Jesus thing Colonel...

A. He was Jewish...

B. It doesn't really matter what color he is, or the color of the actor depicting him, when color has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the story anyhow!!!

He could be played by an asian for godsakes, and it wouldn't change the movie's message one bit!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes, it does. Please see my post for the reason----its down a bit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, the nail sale is DEFINITELY BLASPHEMOUS!

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Replicas of the nails used to hang Jesus on the cross have become the red-hot official merchandise linked to Mel Gibson's controversial new movie,

lol nice....thats gotta be sacreligious

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

But, the nail sale is DEFINITELY BLASPHEMOUS!

That much, I'll agree with, and I'm not even a Christian, hehe....

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
But, people get upset over Janet's breast.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Magic Trinkets, lol.

suckers.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I guess the nail can now ward off vampires and werewolves now.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That is capatilism for ya!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Isn't this just the same as wearing a crucifix with the figure of Christ hanging from it ?

If Christ had been shot, would his followers wear little M-16's ? or replica bullets ?

Wearing an item depicting someone's death is somewhat weird if you ask me, whether it be a crucifix or a nail.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This country is destined for Hell! I swear, people will do ANYTHING to reach into your pocket and take your money! EVEN the "religious ones" like the clergy!

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's just a movie good golly gosh.

How many people do you actually think will buy these? If people want to buy these nails or screws or whatever they are, they have that right. If you ask me, I don't see the difference between wearing a screw and weaing a hammer or a crucifix or screwdriver or a mitor box...

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Look at how warped these Jesus freaks are:

True believers like Jurema Farr, 41, of Sparta, N.J., said Gibson's recounting of Christ's last 12 hours alive is something her three kids need to see - even if it sickens them.

"They need to know and learn about what happened to Jesus Christ," said Farr, her 8-year-old, Ulysees, and 6-year-old, Orion, in tow. "You have to show your kids the truth, even if it's violent."

Dr. Alan Hilfer, a child psychologist at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, disagreed. He said kids that age aren't ready for that kind of graphic violence.

"I have seen some of the clips, and it was pretty gruesome," he said. "This is not cartoon violence."

www.nydailynews.com...

Is this child abuse? Do we need to call Child Services? What the hell is going on here?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles

How many people do you actually think will buy these? If people want to buy these nails or screws or whatever they are, they have that right. If you ask me, I don't see the difference between wearing a screw and weaing a hammer or a crucifix or screwdriver or a mitor box...

The Bible has strict admonitions against idols and icons.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Did that dude really say good golly gosh?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes I did say good golly gosh.

whats wrong with that?

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with it..it just kinda puts you into the 'ned flanders' catagory..but nothing wrong with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"DOH!"

there, now I'm Homer.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by MrJingles

The Bible has strict admonitions against idols and icons.

Assuming there is the slightest shread of truth to any of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It is pretty silly how a movie can make people think one way. Im sure the stories in the past didnt look like the current version of jesus.
He may of been black,he may not of been black who knows,the guys features keep changing over time.
If he was jewish as some people say why cant he still be black,jewish is a religion not a race. Wasn't Sammy Davis Jr jewish?
The real funny part of the whole thing is that its been proven that he never died on the cross and lived for quite a while after the crucifiction,like many people did. There are writings after the crucifiction from jesus. I think there is even a grave in India where they say he is buried,Katmandu or Nepal or something like that.
You know,who really cares about jesus the magician anyways.
And yes jesus is written with a small j on purpose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join