It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Drugs show up in Americans' Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sounds like the US government is trying to control its people...with the source we all need....water...

People are getting real evil now :] Welcome 2012 :]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its funny I did a thread called sickness and government hiding it on how there is a huge spike in sickness and finally recently the government admitted the huge spike in illnesses. Ive been trying to come up with a reason why..people kept saying chemtrails and stuff like that but to me this seems like it would be more feasable maybe this is why illness has jumped in the past 5 years.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow, and i didn't want to drink the tap water because it smelled like feces(or does feces smell like tap water?)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I cycle rain water through activated carbon in a 20g aquarium (no fish) and drink from the tank; I add collected rain water after I pull out the daily gallon.

They sell you the poison and then sell you the remedy.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That's a tame mention of over the counter meds, the large problem comes in with various psych drugs. Do some investigation in your area regarding agencies that care for individuals with disabilities. Here in Middle-TN, when they do med changes, we have pharmacies who flat our refuse to properly dispose of the unused meds and instruct the agencies to "flush" the meds. The agencies even have a med destruction report that gets filled out and witnesses to the "flushing" to ensure that somone doesn't take the meds for themselves or selling on the streets.

Additionally.. I *hate* the rebuttals of "minute traces". Who gave you the right to determine and/or support how much of a drug/chemical/posion I and my family should ingest or be exposed to?? I tell you what.....give the scenario where we have zero trace in the food and water and you would have supplement your food and water with those trace elements for your family. Would you still choose to ingest those "harmless trace amounts"???

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ok, I have been reading the posts on this thread now and the following makes me DISTURBED:

1) Humans, humans, humans... Doesn't anyone think about the maritime life? Would someone please think about the maritime life!
No, but sereiously, fish, birds, maritime mammals, THEY are the ones to get screwed fristhand. What we consider a "minute" dose (pretty gay expression) might be a lethal dose for minor fish or other water-bourne organisms. The chemicals will be stored and refined throughout the food chain, finally ended up on your dinner plate with 20-50 times the doses you get in your petty tap-water.
THAT is the REAL problem. Gosh, can't you see that? The ecosystems are collapsing and water-bourne disease becomes resistant as well...
But nooo, you worry about growing a third arm or whatever, totally missing the point...

2) Goverment putting drugs in the water for MK-purposes...bah! Those kind of theories are PARANOID in a upmost pathological way.
If you can't see the flow-sheet from digesting pharmasuticals to passing them through and out of your system, you are most likely unaware of how the water we drink is the same that the dinosaurs used. It's like an everflowing stream, nothing disappears, everything remains. Open your eyes, pay attention at school you people!
The stuff they drug you up with is called Coca Cola, Malboro and Big Mac. There you have your chemicals, there you have your drugs, there you have your MK.
No, I'm not saying that they put drugs in your food to make you happy and all (because most people are not) but they make sure you consume it in extremo, all life long and you're just LOVING IT... Ever read "Brave New World"?

3) Botteled water, yeah, that's the answer. Why not make the 18-wheelers drive and extra round of gasoline-burning, carbon dioxide-spewing, resource-munching transport so that you can have your "safe" water on the pacifier. Hey, make sure they ship it all the way from another continent so that you can add some more misery to this already dying planet. Botteled water is a major threat to the world, one of the worst I would say because it is the most stupid thing ever. Tap water is freakin' free man (more or less, depending on where you live, but never expensive in any way)! It's like taking charge for every breath of air. Ok, if you live in an over-polluted city or area, I can see why, but most of us don't have it that way.
If that doesn't consern you, think of the economic aspect: you are being ripped off. It's just tap water in a facy container. You pay at least 10 times more for the bottle itself rather than the contents.

PUH! It felt good to get that out of my system.

(blowfishdl- love your avatar!)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just a quick question, wondering if any of you might know.
Where are all these extra add-ins to drinking water coming from them?
Is it possible for them to just 'accidentally' get in there?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Let's be realistic (conspiracy) Fluoride is one of many things we found in our drinking water for the last 50 years and the doses are getting more, as well as all of these other man made chemicals to be added to our water. The question you need to ask is "why?" Do you honestly think they actually give a damn about our "teeth" and our well being? If they really cared about our teeth the government would cover all dentals or pay a portion of it! And since when do our teeth such a priority to these people!

It's NOT, there has been a lot of talk on how fluoride and other chemicals being added to our water have a longer term effect on our brain and nerve system. This by use of other means of chemicals can be used to manipulate our behavior. Look up HAARP as well (already opened a thread on this) on how this technology is used to mind control us! All I know is the government don't give a damn about our well being and for them to go out of their way and pay so much money in making and distributing all these chemicals to our drinking water worries me a lot, specially small doses in a long run!

Fluoride Deception
youtube.com...

Dangers of Fluoride
youtube.com...

Doctor Exposes Fluoride as Poison
youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Like I said before

Sounds like the US government is trying to control its people...with the source we all need....water...

People are getting real evil now :] Can't wait to see what happens next in 2012 :]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
of course there is drugs in the water, it's in the air and food too. SO why the big surprise? Almost everything we have access too is contaminated, so why the big shock? Look @ how food is treated, and water is also...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but those with wells or who drink bottled water aren't necessarily safe either...

Rural, bottled water also unchecked

Rural consumers who draw water from their own wells aren't in the clear either, experts say.

Even users of bottled water and home filtration systems don't necessarily avoid exposure. Bottlers, some of which simply repackage tap water, do not typically treat or test for pharmaceuticals, according to the industry's main trade group. The same goes for the makers of home filtration systems.

www.cnn.com...

Pretty crazy, I didn't know so much that we pee out comes back to us, nasty.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I normally don't post to these threads, but I just want to mention one thing. If the water is getting to you, it is also getting to animal life. Now that so many people are taking TamFlu to treat their Flu, I have no dout that the waterfowl are getting dosed also. I see them on waste water ponds all the time. They are the main source for bird flu. Maybe we are creating a furture drug resistant bird flu. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

I appreciate your reply. I didn't know that water was used to make that special dough. :-P I'm sure it tastes quite different than I imagine it tastes.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thats it I am never showering or watching my cars again!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Someone said above about the Thames having "crack" in it. Well, firstly, thats just untrue, as if it came from people, it would have been metabolised into something other than crack coc aine. Secondly, it matters not what is in the Thames, as you don't drink water directly from the River. It is heavily treated and purified. Also, much of the Thames regions water comes from reservoirs and the waste water is treated and then put into the Thames.

I realise it's treated and purified, I never liked London water though... heaps of those chemical deposits all over the tap and the like.. crazy!

"Chemical compounds of the narcotic do not break down easily, making it relatively simple to test for. Traces of the white powder are likely to pass through the user and into sewerage networks. But even when the sewage has been processed and the water returned to the rivers, significant evidence of the drug still remains."

telegraph article on coc aine readings in thames river.. interesting

edit: Also.. what about roof water supplies then?? Best?

[edit on 10-3-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would like to sign up for those supplies that have a higher percentage of hydrocodone. I have been dubious about tap water for years. And the chlorine skank, I have never remembered my water smelling so much like bleach out of the faucet. This is my official qualifier for my health issues, its my story and I'm sticking to it.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 10-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I also remember all the ads and health warnings about making sure you drink plenty of water.....Ministry of Health and Defence sectors all probably one big happy family...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot about this lately and multiple web sites. The question I have is how do you prevent it? Some web sites say using a water filter filters it out. Others say that a reverse osmosis filter will filter it. Then others will say that only distilled water will take care of it.

Distilled water probably would, but it's not as easy as a filter. So, does a filter or a reverse osmosis filter remove the drugs?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So theres hormones in the water? Wow.

People think I'm a couch potato now, just wait till I grow boobies!

WoooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, what are we going to do? Stop drinking water? I like water, I find the stuff quite refreshing.

But hey, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm going to an all alcohol liquid intake diet.

My posts may even start making sense when this diet is in place.

I'll start tomorrow, right now I'm going to finish my bottle of water

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This news about pharmaceuticals in the water was reported by several grassroots health websites a long time ago. But some people call those "fear-mongering" websites. Most people don't pay attention to this information until the "fear-mongering" websites report it and suddenly the government has to acknowledge it and say something about it like "it's not really harmful in small amounts". Well in my opinion, that is a LIE. Any small amount of chemical in your body can cause harm.

And what do they have to say about the combination of the chemicals in the water combined with the chemicals in the food supply, combined with the chemicals in the personal care products, combined with the chemicals in the household products, combined with the chemicals in the air, combined with the chemicals inherited from your parents when you're born (yes, the chemicals are passed from mother to child).

That's a hell of a lot of chemicals that cause a hell of a lot of health problems (like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, depression, adhd, alzheimers, etc.) that results in doctors prescribing more medications to treat more illness. See the snowball effect? And the biggest snowball of all is the incredible amounts of money made by the pharmaceutical and medical industries. The sicker we are, the richer they get.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join