It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sorcery Conspiracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I was searching the web tonight and found this site. The paper is two hundred pages and I have only read part of the first two pages, however, it could be what we all are talking about.

Encyclopedia of Ancient and Forbidden Secrets

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Marijuana is certainly a drug - any Doctor will testify to that fact. You are just wrong. Plants can be drugs. Try telling a judge it's not a drug in a court room and see how far you get.

The problem with you argument for marijuana using Genesis is that if you use the Bible to justify it you have to take in account all of the bibles teachings. It repeatedly tells us to remain sober and alert. It's a no brainer that smoking pot is not acceptable. There is no valid argument that it is acceptable for a Christian to be intoxicated on anything - if you are trying to live by the Bible.

This post explains why a Christian should not use

If you aren't trying to live by the Bible - anything goes so just make up your own rules... but don't use Genesis in a weak attempt to justify it. It doesn't hold water.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by coven

Marijuana is certainly a drug - any Doctor will testify to that fact. You are just wrong. Plants can be drugs. Try telling a judge it's not a drug in a court room and see how far you get.

well actually YOU are wrong there... I am going through a custody battle right now and that was a topic brought up against me... and guess what the judge said... "marijuana is Not a drug... its a habit... it may be illegal but it has no bearing on whether or not he (I) is a good father". so there ya go... a judge saying its not a drug. Merry Christmas!

The problem with you argument for marijuana using Genesis is that if you use the Bible to justify it you have to take in account all of the bibles teachings. It repeatedly tells us to remain sober and alert. It's a no brainer that smoking pot is not acceptable. There is no valid argument that it is acceptable for a Christian to be intoxicated on anything - if you are trying to live by the Bible.

Right... and there are other verses of the bible that quantify that smoking pot is not a bad thing... I.e. "the body is the temple of God" and "we shall fill the temples with arid smoke". (8 verses further into the chapter) I'm starting to see you are just wanting to argue about this topic (especially reading responses to previous posters, and comments from those you put on ignore)
as opposed to discussing it in a mature and rational manner.

If you aren't trying to live by the Bible - anything goes so just make up your own rules... but don't use Genesis in a weak attempt to justify it. It doesn't hold water.

firstly SIR or Madam I am a Christian as well. I have been all my life. I live life by the teachings of Jesus Christ, and to be quite frank your actions in this thread are anything but Christlike.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

"only god shall judge me"

congratulations on being such a spiritual fighter that you have blinded yourself with your own views. You should really step back and take a look at yourself. a true Christian wouldn't utilize there interpretations of the bible to condemn others.

lastly you once again ignore my comment about Rastafarians. I kindly request you actually explain how these pot smoking churches aren't Christian... (especially since the MISSIONARIES from Jamaica are 90% rastas) Go forth and spread the gospel, and what not.

do me a favor... Either answer my question for the third time or put me on ignore. A member thats only been here a few weeks has NO validation for treating experienced members like they are idiots. I would advise taking a nice long break from this thread, before you anger a mod and lose your posting privileges.

just to make sure you don't miss it by not reading my entire post....

do me a favor... Either answer my question for the third time or put me on ignore.
do me a favor... Either answer my question for the third time or put me on ignore.

the question being how can you state that as a fact when a large sect of Christians (rasta) practice this use as a method to get closer to god?

Thanks and good day,

Coven

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Interesting how this thread turned out. Allow me to get biased for a moment.

A Christian makes this thread only to hear things like 'judge not lest ye be judged' (for some reason, the most quoted passage from the Bible by non Christians with the possible exception of passages where someone dies).

How it could have possibly gone if a non Christian made this thread. "Yeah man!" Right on! The Bible in its attempt to control the masses wanted to hide the fact drugs were bad. Yeah man. You're awesome! The Bible has been rewritten to control us, Man!"

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Another one thats not reading... I am the one that said Judge not lest ye be judged... and I have stated I AM A CHRISTIAN... A VERY ACTIVE CHRISTIAN (read for my COMMUNITY... Not for an Church or organization) Are we done calling people out because their interpretations of the same religion are different?

If not... Can we be please...

I'm really getting sick of the religious baiting.

Coven

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

No, I read your comment. It wasn't in reference to you although your comment is right before mine. I've read many of your other comments and am aware that you are a Christian.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven

reply to post by coven

well actually YOU are wrong there... I am going through a custody battle right now and that was a topic brought up against me... and guess what the judge said... "marijuana is Not a drug... its a habit... it may be illegal but it has no bearing on whether or not he (I) is a good father". so there ya go... a judge saying its not a drug. Merry Christmas!

Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.25

Happy New Year!!

Really there's no need to say it's not a drug. That is silly.

Right... and there are other verses of the bible that quantify that smoking pot is not a bad thing... I.e. "the body is the temple of God" and "we shall fill the temples with arid smoke". (8 verses further into the chapter) I'm starting to see you are just wanting to argue about this topic (especially reading responses to previous posters, and comments from those you put on ignore)
as opposed to discussing it in a mature and rational manner.

You need to show the verses... I think they were referring to incense. Intoxication on any substance is not acceptable for a follower of Christ. Paul is very clear,

12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Romans 13

firstly SIR or Madam I am a Christian as well. I have been all my life. I live life by the teachings of Jesus Christ, and to be quite frank your actions in this thread are anything but Christlike.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

"only god shall judge me"

congratulations on being such a spiritual fighter that you have blinded yourself with your own views. You should really step back and take a look at yourself. a true Christian wouldn't utilize there interpretations of the bible to condemn others.

I am glad you are a Christian. I think you are wrong if you use marijuana.
I haven't condemned anyone. I never said I was perfect, I even confessed that I used to use marijuana before I was a Christian, now I know better. I just said you or anyone else is wrong if you think using drugs is compatible with a Christian life. I think you know better.

Rev 13:19

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

A clear sober mind is what God wants. Sorry if that ruins your buzz, you know in your heart that it is true.

lastly you once again ignore my comment about Rastafarians. I kindly request you actually explain how these pot smoking churches aren't Christian... (especially since the MISSIONARIES from Jamaica are 90% rastas) Go forth and spread the gospel, and what not.

Honestly I ignored it . I thought proving that Pot was not Biblical covered it.
I completely disagree with Rastas. Their use of marijuana is completely without merit. It is a drug that affects ones thinking in a negative manner. It's not just my opinion, there are thousands of medical references use google. . I know it is less harmful than alcohol but that doesn't make it ok as a Christian.

You are not sober on pot. They are deceived. That is my opinion. I am not condemning anyone. Why can't you see that? I contend there is no Biblical justification for their behavior. That's it.

verse 20 idolatry and witchcraft(pharmakia) = rasta pot use

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Why am I not allowed to disagree without being labeled? You try to make it personal. I use the Bible as a standard. It's not personal. I struggle with sin. I mess up. I am not perfect. I use the Bible as the standard, so that's where my opinions come from. Rebuking false teaching is a duty of any Christian.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by coven

No, I read your comment. It wasn't in reference to you although your comment is right before mine. I've read many of your other comments and am aware that you are a Christian.

AshleyD,

May I kindly ask you how you define "Christian"? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, I'm really interested.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crestone

A Christian should live by a biblical standard. Thats my definition

My opinions come from trying to live by a Biblical standard.

I am being attacked personally. Maybe I have responded to quickly with some anger. I am human.

I am not judging people personally like I am being accused of.

I am saying using drugs is not ok with what the Bible teaches.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). Schedule I drugs are classified as having a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States, and a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.25

At least get your facts straight:

In 1996 California voters passed Proposition 215, the Compassionate Use Act, legalizing marijuana for medical use. Proposition 215 permits seriously ill Californians to use marijuana, provided they first obtain a doctor's recommendation. Proposition 215 also gives doctors a legal defense against professional or legal sanctions for recommending marijuana use.

CA government link: www.dhs.ca.gov...
Love

[edit on 2-3-2008 by crestone]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I would like to agree... (with your claim that it has medicinal properties.)

aside from that...

Cannabis is most definitely a drug.
So is coffee, it's a stupid debate to say cannabis isn't a drug.. for all intents and purposes if you eat enough bread it will effect you.

The ultimate form of sorcery though is words and the configuration of 26 magical symbols.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What's all the fuss? Marijuana, either legal or illegal, is still a drug by definition. And with that I need to pull out of this discussion. It drifted way off topic and now borders on breaking the T&C's regarding 'drug talk.'

I define a Christian LIKE THIS.

Theologically, a Christian is one who has accepted Jesus as their personal savior. Literally, a Christian is a follower of the teachings of Christ.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

My facts are straight I quote the federal law. Coven said it was not a drug.
How does your correction help ??????
What you showed is state law that Doctors can prescribe a what.... DRUG

see it is silly crap like this that gets in the way of meaningful discussion

Ohhh please. Now call me intolerant or something right?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

My facts are straight I quote the federal law. Coven said it was not a drug.
How does your correction help ??????
What you showed is state law that Doctors can prescribe a what.... DRUG

see it is silly crap like this that gets in the way of meaningful discussion

Ohhh please. Now call me intolerant or something right?

Dear OP,

No need to get so emotional about your misquote.

I just wanted to point out that you were factually wrong. A good Christian should only spread the truth, right?

Love

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Dear AshleyD,

Thank you for your definition of "Christian".

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Drug talk by the T& C means to discuss use of drugs. I have mentioned past transgressions but am in no way stating use of drugs.

reply to post by Bigwhammy

Lastly while the federal Government considers Marijuana a Schedule I narcotic, You asked for an example from before a judge. I submitted to you an honest to god statement from a judge. Laws are meant to be enforced by the JUDGES not anyone else. They are the final say. and to make it clear... this judge IS right.

Marijuana may be a drug, but not in the sense that we are discussing. we are discussing pharmaceuticals which are chemical alterations to existing materials to create forms of medication. Pharmecutical drugs are a totally different thing than NATURAL drugs.

Also... Prop 215 is ACTUAL proof that Marijuana is NOT a drug... Some people like to call what doctors prescribe them MEDICINE... certain medications are drugs... but not all medicines are Drugs.

Marijuana has saved thousands (if not Millions) of lives due to its ability to increase the appetite, ease aches and pains, and ACTUALLY helps to get cancer patients active again after being bogged down by extensive (and tiresome) chemotherapy treatments. It has also been found to help people with severe depression and anxiety. Much better than the Chemically created options available.

To classify it with Oxycontinin or Hydrocodone, or Anti-Depressents is whats really silly. If you think that they fall into the same category I advise you do a little research on Holistic (read Natural) Medicine, which has utilized NATURAL plants for medical treatments for THOUSANDS of years.

Edited to add this... Also if you go to other countries IT IS NOT ILLEGAL... so utilizing the AMERICAN standard is a little bit... well... let's just say America isn't the world... as much as SOME Americans seem to think it is. This website is on the WORLD WIDE WEB... as such we must take the standard of the world as our rules... Not just the good ole U.S. Of A.

Medicine and Drugs are NOT one in the same... I know Christian Scientists (i believe that is what they call themselves though not 100% sure) who believe that Medicine and doctors are bad for you... I have watched three different relatives die because of this belief. Its only a matter of logic to see that you are preaching this same Gospel, which IS NOT healthy for a human. Sometimes we get sick, and need more help that just what god can offer. After all... we have free will remember. as such we should expect that god doesn't intend to intervene when we need him to...

While you may think I am setting standards for you, all I am trying to get you to see is "Judge NOT lest ye be judged"... you are judging... DRUG USERS, Doctors And Pharmacists by your statements... (after all if medicine is a tool of the devil... Doesn't that automatically make those who distribute them in league with the devil???)

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and let this topic rest for a day. I sure as hell am...

See ya'll soon.

Coven

[edit on 3/2/2008 by coven]

[edit on 3/2/2008 by coven]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
You asked for an example from before a judge. I submitted to you an honest to god statement from a judge. Laws are meant to be enforced by the JUDGES not anyone else. They are the final say. and to make it clear... this judge IS right.

Er... I think you are confusing me with someone else for I asked no such thing. Haven't been keeping up with this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I know we agreed to disagree before. But thanks for standing up for the truth on that.

See I am not attacking anyones right to do and believe what they want.
I am even for the decriminalization of drugs. I think the drug laws are evil.

I am standing on th Biblle as the authority for Christians. So what I say has no bearing on non Christians.

I'm just arguing the Biblical position, That was made clear in the note at the top of the OP.

Use your sacred text for your truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

I didn't make the law -it is classsified a drug. I also did not misquote it.

That is the Federal law which trumps the California law.
please read

But you know what? I don't think it should be illegal.
But that doesn't make it OK for a Christian.

The one being judged unfairly is me!!!!

Nothing you said refuted anything I said about the Bibles teaching

I am not judging personally. I back what I say with what the Bible teaches period.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Jesus was a sorcerer as there are many references to his abilities in the bible. He encouraged it and taught it to others. Not only did he commit sorcery but so did his disciples. In addition, he also claimed anyone can do it too! His magic may not have been in potions or plants but it was in divinity. The divinity referred to as the "holy spirit".

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. "-Psalm 82:6

"To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues" KJV Corinthians 12:10

Jesus also provided subtle hints at little known mystical practices which most readers will glance over. Here is one such passage:

“The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." KJV Matthew 6:22

Interestingly, newer bible versions are getting rid of Jesus's mystical references.

“The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light." New KJV Matthew 6:22

Big freakin edit there.

For those not familiar with mysticism; The third eye is the single and only eye as far as magic is concerned. There is an interesting sensation when the "third eye" is focused on long enough. Do you want me to tell you what coincidentally happens?

tsk, tsk.. we wouldn't want to encourage sorcery even if it from Jesus. Do we?

By the way, I don't do drugs. I don't believe in "sorcerers" or "magical powers" or "magical books". My personal experience came from meditation and it was an interesting hallucination.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by nikolat23]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join