It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was almost unbearable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I oppose a lot of reality television and the ridiculous game shows that networks are putting out in order to take in numbers. With that said, I watched this show called "Moment of Truth" last night. My girlfriend recorded it on the DVR earlier and wanted to watch it. So away we went.

Slow moving and overly dramatic.. but what isn't these days?

Anyways, this knuckle head admits to being in love with another man at her wedding, sleeping with other men while married to her husband, and that she would rather be married to her ex-boyfriend rather than her current husband. The poor guy had to sit there and take all of this in, even while the ex-boyfriend was the one to ask the question.

If there was any solace to the grim situation, it was that she was winning significant amounts of money. And he basically said, keep going! How bad could it get?

Well the nut gets the question, "Are you a good person?" and she quickly responds "Yes!" Wrong! She lied and lost everything. Not only did she destroy her family, marriage, reputation, etc., but she also didn't earn a nickel! I felt a little bad because I was satisfied to see her lose all of the money she accumulated.

It's so ironic that she answered all of those tough questions honestly and caused so much pain, but couldn't truthfully answer that she wasn't a good person.

Some people! I hope he left her as soon as the cameras cut out.

If you watched this, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, hopefully I've shed some light on this nonsense.

Hopefully this is the last episode of that show I'll end up watching. ...Hopefully!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ah, geez, I knew that would happen sooner, or later!
They throw in those trick questions that the person really does'nt know how to answer, and then everything is lost!
What a pitty!
:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

But chissler, it's their private life and doesn't really concern you. So it shouldn't be almost unbearable. It should be unbearable if YOU are the guy.

At least now the guy knows the truth.

Hopefully this is the last episode of that show I'll end up watching. ...Hopefully!

That sort of stuff is strangely addictive, isn't it? Wonder why?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

It makes you wonder if the contestants of a show like that are really surprised by questions like you described, or if they have been given some sort of heads up.

The other thought that comes to my mind, is if a show like that is left to continue, it won't be long before there is some type of murder, suicide associated with it.

Amazingly people eat that stuff up, and have no clue how socially irresponsible it is. I think people are actually pleased to find out that other people might have lives worse than their own.

I am probably the only person left on earth who has never sat through a whole episode of "American Idol". I can't stand that crud, or any other reality t.v. show.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I am probably the only person left on earth who has never sat through a whole episode of "American Idol".

You're not alone, trust me. No one in my house watches it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I am probably the only person left on earth who has never sat through a whole episode of "American Idol". I can't stand that crud, or any other reality t.v. show.

Nope...you don't stand alone. I haven't seen as much as 60 seconds of the show...nor any of the other bonehead "reality" programming. That crap will destroy your brain.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I watched it.

All I can say is - Pathetic.

To have people sit on the 'hot seat', and divulge their inner most secrets in that fashion...no scruples what so ever.

At that point, it doesn't become a matter of how much money one stands to lose, but the fact of losing one's reputation and credibility in front of the whole world.

Chisler? I refuse to watch crappola like that.

It's very demeaning to both parties involved.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Some people! I hope he left her as soon as the cameras cut out.

I wouldn't leave her. I'd go get a second mortgage, quit my job, raid her savings and investment accounts, take all her credit cards and lay on a beach with a different bimbo everyday until every penny's gone. THEN I'd file for divorce.

Ahhh.. the joys of marital debt.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
oh well I haven't seen it and this is the first time I have heard about it, but anyone who enters anything for money... seems

Honesty and money??? I didn't think the two went hand in hand!

Reality money spinners I think end up being as ethical as Jerry Springer show. And omg... you see one episode or Judge Judy and pfft... never again!!

Oh its no wonder I don't watch the box! I don't feel I am missing too much...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Its like watching a car wreck you want to turn away but... you... just... CANT!

I saw a little of it before I headed out to work and My goodness. That poor poor man. The realization of what his wife had done behind his back throughout their marriage was intolerable. He is apparently an NYPD officer, (I wonder if she needs to leave town quickly)

I think she answered Yes to are you a good person cause she thought that this was true but her subconscience mind and her guilt told the machine otherwise.

My roommate is horribly addicted to that show. I watched a few episodes before I went on the night shift before and was aghast at what people would go through for some money. The terrible secrets they admitted to, especially in front of the people that these secrets affected was appalling.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Its like watching a car wreck you want to turn away but... you... just... CANT!

OMG I just laughed so much when I read that!

thanks for the laugh out loud!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Every time you watch a reality show, your IQ drops a few points.

Makes me wonder if people are really like that, or if they purposely find the worst possible people to put on these shows for the whole dramatic effect. Watching a show and seeing how horrible a person is makes you feel not so bad a person, and I guess people like that.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Makes me wonder if people are really like that, or if they purposely find the worst possible people to put on these shows for the whole dramatic effect. Watching a show and seeing how horrible a person is makes you feel not so bad a person, and I guess people like that.

thats why addicts hang out with other addicts.

"you are what you eat" what are you feeding your mind?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Anyways, this knuckle head admits to being in love with another man at her wedding, sleeping with other men while married to her husband, and that she would rather be married to her ex-boyfriend rather than her current husband. The poor guy had to sit there and take all of this in, even while the ex-boyfriend was the one to ask the question.

That sounds like great TV.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have never seen "The Moment Of Truth" but I have read the premise of it and I am sorry, I think that show is wrong. People need to leave their dirty laundry amongst themselves and settle their differences with eachother in the comfort of their home rather than bringing it to the light of the entire nation.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I can't bring myself to watch that show. I hear the other guys at work talking about it and all I can do is shake my head. Why somebody thinks it ok to go on national tv and ruin the lives of their spouses, children, parents, siblings, friends or whatever, is beyond me. If you want to tell your husband you've been banging his brother, then do so, just do it in the privacy of your own home. It's humiliating enough to get news like that, but to have it broadcast to the world?

If I ever got dragged onto that show to hear crap like that I'd probably go homicidal.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ahhhh man, the things money makes people do.....
Really sad that.... Well I lost what I was about to say but it's just sad. A tv show that makes money off of others misery with people wanting to make money off of others misery.

I think I'll stick with Animal planet, watching monkeys and leemers, thats about as close as I'll get to "reality TV".

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I have never watched the beginning, middle, or end of American Idol. Or Survivor, or any of that mindless pap.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You know, not only is it wrong for people to go on this show and air their business to the world, I personally think it is socially irresponsible for everyone who is involved with putting this show on aire to have this show in the first place. We should be trying to help families work out their problems and establish bonds not exploit families. In a childs perspective, finding out on of your parents is cheating on the other is bad enough, finding out on television where all your neighbors and classmates can see is a million times worse.

The entire concept of this show disgusts me to all end.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I can see me being on that show... They'd ask me "Do you think you are uberish light years of coolness ahead of everybody else???" And I'd say YES!! YES BABUH!!!!! Why yes... yes I do think so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join