It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was almost unbearable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Likewise I hear the guys at work talking about the new shows coming on the boob tube and I watch them closely for thier reactions to them. I have surmised by some of the reactions of people going back to the Jerry Springer Show that many people are a type of vouyer. They like to watch other peoples misery through the window pane. As long as they are on the other side of the pane they are "safe."

I heard the guys at work talking about this new Western some years back called "Deadwood?." When off one evening I tried to watch a episode of Deadwood. What a shock. I turned it off. The language was horrible. IF I want language like that I go to work and get it on the clock. I dont like it there but at least I am getting paid for it. It was the same reaction when attempting to sit through a session of The Sopranos.
I surmised by this trend that television would wax worse and worse in content.

Reality shows are of the same format to me...vouyerism. I have enough tasks and problems to take care of here at this home. I do not have such a droll life that I must live secondhand by watching someone elses.
This includes all these Judge so and so drivel programs....they too are the lowest common denominator.

Oh..and I too have never been able to suffere a whole episode of American Idol. No thanks. Not intrested.

Agree with some of the other posters..it is very bad form to hang out ones laundry..no matter how droll. Bad form.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

<< 1   >>

join