It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Agency Involvement in 9/11 Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'd like to start this thread and mention the speculation of several intelligence agencies cooperating in the 9/11 attacks, whether through complacence or actual involvement.

That does not mean every single person in those agencies were involved, but elements 'in the know' had full knowledge of the implications of such an attack.

I am accusing these groups as possible perpetrators of foreknowledge of the 9/11 attack:

CIA

Mossad

ISI

MI5

And I'm sure others.

I have proof which will be brought forward later this evening.

It is of my own opinion that elements of each agency knew what really went down and other elements were actually involved.

To what degree I cannot be sure.

That is the point of this thread.

I do not care if you refute my claims.

I am looking for those interested in ACTUAL research on their involvement, not people who claim no involvement.

I want PROOF.

And I shall give some as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

With very little research, much dirt can be dug up.

The role of Pakistan's Military Intelligence in 9/11 (ISI)

From the source:

Pakistan's chief spy Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad "was in the US when the attacks occurred." He arrived in the US on the 4th of September, a full week before the attacks. He had meetings at the State Department "after" the attacks on the WTC. But he also had "a regular visit of consultations" with his US counterparts at the CIA and the Pentagon during the week prior to September 11.

What was the nature of these routine "pre-September 11 consultations"? Were they in any way related to the subsequent "post-September 11 consultations" pertaining to Pakistan's decision to cooperate with Washington. Was the planning of war being discussed between Pakistani and US officials?

On the 9th of September while General Ahmad was in the US, the leader of the Northern Alliance Commander Ahmad Shah Masood was assassinated. The Northern Alliance had informed the Bush Administration that the ISI was allegedly implicated in the assassination.

The Bush Administration consciously took the decision in "the post September 11 consultations" with Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad to directly "cooperate" with Pakistan's military intelligence (ISI) despite its links to Osama bin Laden and the Taliban and its alleged role in the assassination of Commander Masood, which coincidentally occurred two days before the terrorist attacks.

Don't worry Musharraf, we got your back.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

"Without 9/11, you couldn't have a war in Iraq."

No # Tech.

Political Deception: The Missing Link behind 9-11

Was it an ‘intelligence failure’ to give red carpet treatment to the ‘money man’ behind the 9-11 terrorists, or was it simply ‘routine’?

On the morning of September 11, Pakistan's Chief Spy General Mahmoud Ahmad, the alleged "money-man" behind the 9-11 hijackers, was at a breakfast meeting on Capitol Hill hosted by Senator Bob Graham and Rep. Porter Goss, the chairmen of the Senate and House Intelligence committees.

"When the news [of the attacks on the World Trade Center] came, the two Florida lawmakers who lead the House and Senate intelligence committees were having breakfast with the head of the Pakistani intelligence service. Rep. Porter Goss, R-Sanibel, Sen. Bob Graham and other members of the House Intelligence Committee were talking about terrorism issues with the Pakistani official when a member of Goss' staff handed a note to Goss, who handed it to Graham. "We were talking about terrorism, specifically terrorism generated from Afghanistan," Graham said.

(...)

Mahmoud Ahmad, director general of Pakistan's intelligence service, was "very empathetic, sympathetic to the people of the United States," Graham said.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well the infamous five dancing Israelis, two proved to be Mossad agents, who were sequestered by the FBI and later gave that infamous TV interview back in Israel is the obvious start to get the ball rolling.

And just about every intel agency in the world was sending in increasingly urgent warnings in the spring and summer of 2001. So does criminal negligence get tossed in too?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Yeah I didn't forget about the Mossad agents arrested on the George Washington bridge.

I am going slowly, piece by piece so that people can't say there isn't a conspiracy here.

I'd say criminal negligence is a huge part, although not necessarily what I'm researching.

There is an element of negligence, but I'm looking more for an actual link between the governments of the world and the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I would like to bring up the False Flag "Operation Northwoods" the US military had in its arsenal years prior to 9/11.

Most will say there's no connection, but I see otherwise.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

This time instead of Castro being blamed, it was Osama Bin Laden and the CIA created and funded Al Qaeda terrorist group.

Pretty clever folks, but not clever enough.

There's at least a few intelligent folks in the US paying attention to your dastardly deeds.

I know a crook when I see one

Prior to 9/11, ABC ran a news story about Operation Northwoods.

US military wanted to provoke war with Cuba

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

This was pre-911 before Bush had the warrantless wiretapping abilities and general complacency from the media.

NO ONE can refute the Northwoods agenda. It is clearly written in US government texts.

How can you fail to see a connection?

Operation Northwoods

Official US government Northwoods text

This is only one of the smoking guns on 9/11.

[edit on 2/25/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Pakistan connection

Omar Sheikh, a British-born Islamist militant, is waiting to be hanged in Pakistan for a murder he almost certainly didn't commit - of the Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in 2002. Both the US government and Pearl's wife have since acknowledged that Sheikh was not responsible. Yet the Pakistani government is refusing to try other suspects newly implicated in Pearl's kidnap and murder for fear the evidence they produce in court might acquit Sheikh and reveal too much.
Significantly, Sheikh is also the man who, on the instructions of General Mahmoud Ahmed, the then head of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), wired $100,000 before the 9/11 attacks to Mohammed Atta, the lead hijacker. It is extraordinary that neither Ahmed nor Sheikh have been charged and brought to trial on this count. Why not?

So Atta and General Ahmed are connected, who in turn, is connected to the CIA, Saudis, and possibly Israel.

Omar didn't kill Pearlman, but he is going to be hanged because he knows too much.

Sound familiar?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Nice thread Biggie!

Will direct my attention to it immediately!

What happened to the two suspects?

Massag - "War by Deception" War on Terror Coincidence? I think not.

AAC

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I'm a huge fan of that Dan Rather video.

Thank God for youtube and the internet, otherwise this gem would be buried among all the bunk 9/11 theories.

It doesn't matter so much how the towers fell, although that is important, but if we can find out who actually pulled off the attacks...Well maybe they're connected.

We've sentenced thousands to death because of the actions of an elite few who are most likely ALL still alive.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Israeli intelligence agents filmed 911

Israeli intelligence operatives watched and made video recordings of the 9-11 attacks as they happened. Positioned at a safe distance from the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, five Mossad agents were caught filming the whole episode.

Israel evidently had prior knowledge of the events of 11 September 2001, because they knew the time and place of the incident. Why did nobody intervene to prevent the attacks? Did the Israeli intelligence service do more than just watch?

Nobody gained more from 9-11 than Israel, not even the US President and his oil-funded cabinet.

I don't necessarily think Israel gained more than the oil tycoons, but they certainly didn't have much to lose.

I won't be surprised if people call me an anti-semite because I say Israel was involved in 9/11. What a joke.

Any serious discussion about the tyrannical governments of the world always end up in bickering over non-issues.

Let's see how long this thread lasts before a shill/plant hops aboard.

[edit on 2/25/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good thread biggie. I like the incremental approach, since that seems to be all the rage these days.

I am starting to lean towards the theory that the CIA, Mossad and others recruited these operatives, and led them under false pretenses (like offering them large sums of money) to committing the crimes of 911. They were probably never told they were going to die, were led to believe they'd be set free later, and were probably going to land the planes at various airports. But then the airplanes were taken over by remote control.

That theory could potentially explain a lot of things:

1) The pictures being posted so rapidly of the 911 hijackers. They already had them.

2) The destroyed FAA tapes. There's probably critical aspects of the detailed flight information that would show the remote control aspect

3) The 2 guys in the weird painted van with a picture of a plane flying into the towers, who were apprehended by the fire dept. and released.

4) The rogue flight that ended up in Ohio. Remote control could of failed.

5) The confiscation of the Pentagon videos. Again, more scrutiny would probably reveal an "inhuman" capability to control an aircraft that big that low, that fast.

6) The unusual dive of that one plane right before it hit the tower.

7) The flight training of the hijackers in simulators, to a degree.

8) Flight 93. What if one or several of the hijackers got wind of what was happening because of the supposed phone calls, and then realized he was about to die, had been double-crossed, and then sabotaged the plane? Word comes back to command, because the remote is overridden somehow, and they make a decision to shoot it down or it crashes.

9) Want me to go on? Or am I nuts?

I had posted this in another thread, but seeing as this specifically deals with intelligence agencies, figured it would be right up the ole ally.

Ex-Italian President: Intel Agencies Know 9/11 An Inside Job

Man who set up Operation Gladio tells Italy's largest newspaper attacks were run by CIA, Mossad

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Former Italian President and the man who revealed the existence of Operation Gladio Francesco Cossiga has gone public on 9/11, telling Italy's most respected newspaper that the attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad and that this was common knowledge amongst global intelligence agencies....

....Cossiga's new revelations appeared last week in Italy's oldest and most widely read newspaper, Corriere della Sera. Below appears a rough translation.

"[Bin Laden supposedly confessed] to the Qaeda September [attack] to the two towers in New York [claiming to be] the author of the attack of the 11, while all the [intelligence services] of America and Europe ... now know well that the disastrous attack has been planned and realized from the CIA American and the Mossad with the aid of the Zionist world in order to put under accusation the Arabic Countries and in order to induce the western powers to take part ... in Iraq [and] Afghanistan."

Cossiga first expressed his doubts about 9/11 in 2001, and is quoted in Webster Tarpley's book as stating that "The mastermind of the attack must have been a “sophisticated mind, provided with ample means not only to recruit fanatic kamikazes, but also highly specialized personnel. I add one thing: it could not be accomplished without infiltrations in the radar and flight security personnel.”

The fact that he is an ex head of state with an excellent reputation, and directly took part in Operation Gladio speaks volumes. He can't be called just another conspiracy theorist crackpot.

Cossiga's revelations contributed to an Italian parliamentary investigation of Gladio in 2000, during which evidence was unearthed that the attacks were being overseen by the U.S. intelligence apparatus.

In March 2001, Gladio agent Vincenzo Vinciguerra stated, in sworn testimony, "You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game. The reason was quite simple: to force ... the public to turn to the state to ask for greater security."

By the way, f/s'd!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
TrueAmerican,

I am not convinced the intelligence agencies recruited operatives under false pretences.

I think the CIA (and others) knew what they were doing and were actually physically involved with the hijackings.

They may have used 'contract' employees or covert operatives to carry out elements of the attack, but I don't think Arabs flew planes into the WTC.

Doesn't sound very plausible.

With all the remote control airplane technology these days, it makes much more sense they were flown remotely into the buildings.

Were passengers on the planes? I don't know.

The FBI mentioned how they lied about the husband calling his wife from (Flight 11?) so that's been debunked.

Your scenario is possible, but I don't think that's how it went down.

Hopefully with the '911 Gorilla' we'll be able to figure out what really happened. I'd like to be on that panel...

9). Go on, you're not nuts.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

lol, on one hand you tell me you don't think that's the way it went down, and then you come right back and say to go on...Which is it? Not trying to give you a hard time, but damn, you're giving me one!
It's all good, though, this is no easy issue to figure out. I think I will stay quiet for now, as I develop further this theory. I am not sure where I am getting this... I've read so much on it, I can't even remember it all anymore. I will yield the floor to you, to continue your most excellent thread in the making. I apologize if what I said has impeded this thread in any way. It seemed to stop the minute I made that post, and I've kinda been waiting to see what you would say...So thanks...

I will say this though...If we START at what the Italian President said, take it as hypothetical truth, and work our way back from there, the pieces of the puzzle seem to work pretty well...But there are clearly still issues...Like the issue of the hijackers not requesting landing training...Could they have been yanked out prematurely from the training, as other impending issues forced that? Remember, he said that it was common knowledge in intelligence circles that the CIA and Mossad were involved.

No biggie (lol, pun intended), it's just another avenue to explore.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hi Biggie,

good idea to dig up what happened on the 9th and 10th of September around the world. I think looking at actions from those two days will uncover more. Other lines of research seem to be stuck at the moment.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
MI5

MI6 (aka SIS Secret Intelligence Service) would be a more likely candidate for UK's alphabets as they deal directly with foreign intel like their CIA counterparts, whereas MI5 is more like the UK's version of the FBI. For pop culture references, 'James Bond' is MI6 iirc.

SIS HQ

Mod edit: Image url was throwing the page off, so I swapped the image for a link.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Secret society involvement? It was run by secret societies. First check out my thread on 9/11 Numerology.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Osama bin Laden was the 17th of 52 sons of construction baron Mohammed bin Laden. Back in 1979 The CIA paid Osama to recruit and train Al-Quieda fighters. When Bush became CIA director in the 1980’s they recruited Osama, Al-Quieda, and the Taliban in Afghanistan to run their opium trade. Everything changed however on Dec. 4th, 1997, when American oil barons proposed the Afghanistan oil line to the Taliban who turned it down after demanding too large a share. A BBC headline from that day read, “Representatives of the Taliban are in Texas Visiting the Headquarters of Unicol.” The proposed pipeline was to be built by Halliburton, whose CEO at the time was none other than Dick Cheney. Shortly after this the media bagan labeling the Taliban as terrorists.

In 1999 NORAD performed excercises in which hijacked airliners were used as weapons to crash into targets, one of which being the World Trade Center. A USA Today article from March 18th, 2004 read, “In the two years before the Sept. 11 attacks, the North American Aerospace Defense Command conducted exercises simulating what the White House says was unimaginable at the time: hijacked airliners used as weapons to crash into targets and cause mass casualties. One of the imagined targets was the World Trade Center.”

On October 24, 2000, MASCAL was a Pentagon training excercise that simulated a Boeing 757 crashing into the building. Back in 1989, Charles Burlingame, an Ex-Navy F-4 pilot who worked at the Pentagon for 17 years, also participated in an earlier version of MASCAL crashing simulated planes into the Pentagon. Burlingame retired from the Navy into a job at American Airlines. Twelve years later on 9/11 it was none other than Charles Burlingame’s Boeing 757 AA flight 77 that was supposedly hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon.

In Januray 2001 FBI deputy director John O’Neill went public that the Bush administration (and Clinton’s) had ordered the FBI to back off investigations of bin Laden and Al-Quieda.

“The next piece of evidence you are about to read is the biggest smoking gun of all.
President George W. Bush signed secret National Security order No. W199-eye telling FBI agents as well as defense intelligence officers that if they tried to stop Al-Qaeda they would be arrested under national security implications … This secret, leaked document has been in many publications, including BBC News Online, Agence France-Press, and the London Guardian. Lawsuits have now been filed by FBI agents who were outraged by the fact that they were not allowed to stop Al-Qaeda. The global crime syndicate that George W. Bush and his family work for has everything to gain from the September 11 attacks: a national ID card, a national control grid and a cashless society. It’s part of the public record. George W. Bush signed the documents threatening defense intelligence and FBI agents with arrest if they stopped Al-Qaeda. This is the most absolutely treasonous, treacherous thing he could possibly do.” -Alex Jones, “911 Descent into Tyranny”

FBI director John O’Neill was so furious that he quit after the Bush administration blocked his investigation of Osama bin Laden. He was then “generously” offered a position in the private sector working as Kroll head of security. Marvin Bush was director of SecuraCom/Kroll which provided electronic security for the World Trade Center, United Airlines, and Dulles airport - all three of which were involved in the 9/11 attacks. The head of security position offered to Mr. O’Neill was for the World Trade Center. His first week on the job was the week of September 11th, 2001.

“CNN’s ‘American Morning with Paula Zahn’ reported that FBI deputy director John O’Neill resigned because he felt the U.S. administration was obstructing the FBI in their attempts to stop Al-Qaeda (CNN, January 8, 2002, ‘Explosive New Book Published in France Alleges that U.S. Was in Negotiations to Do a Deal with Taliban’). The show went on to report that Bush signed W199-eye restricting the investigation. Again, this is high treason and absolute fact. George W. Bush signed this publicly reported document. The BBC has a copy of it. The body of evidence is conclusive. George W. Bush is an intimate partner with bin Laden and a traitor to America … We have already talked about FBI Deputy Director John O’Neill quitting because George Bush signed the order forbidding him to stop Al-Qaeda. The reason for his not going public now? Mr. O’Neill is dead. His new job was head of security for the World Trade Center complex and he died in the collapse of September 11, his first day on the job.” -Alex Jones, “911 Descent into Tyranny”

In May 2001 the Bush administration gave $43 million in aid to the Taliban. In June German intelligence, the BND, warned the CIA that “middle-eastern terrorists are planning to hijack commercial airlines to use as weapons to attack America.” In July, George J. Tenet, director of the CIA warned Condoleezza Rice, National Security Advisor, of the imminant Al-Quieda attack but “failed to persuade her to take action.” On July 4th, 2001, Osama bin Laden, wanted since 1999, was on dialysis at an American hospital in Dubai where he was visited by the local chief of the CIA.

“Shortly after September 11, witnesses came forward documenting for the record the fact that bin Laden met with the CIA Section Chief for ten days in Dubai in the American hospital. French intelligence was so upset by what they had learned that they purposely published media reports prior to September 11 specifically warning that bin Laden was planning to hijack aircraft and fly them into tall buildings in downtown Manhattan as well as the Pentagon (This Is London, October 31, 2001: ‘CIA agent ‘met Bin Laden in July’; Ananova, October 31, 2001, ‘Bin Laden 'met CIA agent before terror attacks’; Le Figaro, October 31, 2001, ‘La CIA aurait rencontré Ben Laden en juillet’).” –Alex Jones “911 Descent into Tyranny”

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When you think of intelligence agencies and secret societies, you are thinking of one in the same thing... all so-called intelligence agents are in secret societies, but not all secret society members are "intelligence agents."

The head of Russian intelligence said himself, "we had clearly warned them [the US] on several occasions.” Israel’s MOSSAD intelligence agency also met with the CIA in August regarding the proposed 9/11 attacks.

“Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak says that he gave the United States specific warnings that something big was going to happen in New York 12 days prior to September 11th. In an interview in December of 2001, he stated, ‘We expected that something was going to happen and informed the Americans. We told them.’
Other warnings were ignored from Russia, Israel, Germany, and France. On September 14, 2001 Ananova news service reported that German police confirmed that an Iranian deportee phoned warnings to US police agencies including the Secret Service about the impending attack on the World Trade Center. A month before the attacks, Israel intelligence warned US intelligence of Al-Qaeda plans to attack highly visible targets like the Pentagon, World Trade Center, White House and CIA Headquarters. Doctor Tatyana Koryagina, a leading Russian economist in Vladymir Putin’s inner circle, in an interview with Pravda on July 12, 2001, stated that America was a giant financial iceberg and that a private $300 trillion group working towards world government was going to launch an attack on the US financial system. During this interview she also stated that the attack would come in the next few months.” -Alex Jones, “911 Descent into Tyranny”

Then on Sept. 6th, there were 4 times the normal amount of put-options (bets to go down) placed on United Airlines stock. The next day more than 5 times the usual put volume was placed on Boeing stock. And on Sept. 10th, American Airlines had nearly 11 times its daily put average. No other airlines showed such anomalies. CIA Executive Director “Buzzy” Krongard was implicated along with a few other CIA-related investment firms as being the one who placed the UA put-options, but as of yet, no further investigations have been made.

“Newsweek twice reported that top Pentagon officials had got a warning of the
impending attack on September 10th and cancelled their flights for the next day.
This confirms that these officials knew both the locations of the imminent attack
and the method of using jetliners as bombs.” -Paul Joseph Watson, “Order Out of Chaos” (87)

“The National Security Agency intercepted two messages on September 10th
indicating a significant event was to take place the next day. The messages were
in Arabic and stated, ‘tomorrow is zero hour’ and ‘the match begins tomorrow.’
The majority of communication took place between Khalid Shaikh, one of the
chief 9/11 planners, and Mohammed Atta, the lead hijacker. NSA intercepts also
detected multiple phone calls from Abu Zubaida, bin Laden's chief of operations,
to the United States. Over thirty messages in all had been received by the NSA
from May to September, indicating an imminent attack.” -Paul Joseph Watson, “Order Out of Chaos” (87)

Unbelievably, with all these warnings, relationships, covert ops, and examples of foreknowledge, the Bush administration claimed (and continues to claim) complete ignorance regarding the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

I'm not so sure about that. Biggie could be right with the 5 reference.

read

[edit on 2008/2/27 by SteveR]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Thank you all for the responses. You've all done some great work.

freight tomsen,

I never thought of the secret societies involvement in 911, but I do not doubt it.

Thanks for the info, although not exactly what I was looking for...Interesting nonetheless and definitely a valid part of the investigation.

True American,

We simply do not know exactly what happened. That's reality. We've got to trust our intuition and look at it from as many angles as possible.

What I mean to say is I don't trust the government's story. Whether or not someone was on the plane is debatable. The people who were victims all dead now so we can't ask anyone.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
rawstory.com...
This is an article related to your thread . I thought it would help show some of the ones involed. heres a few quotes.

The FBI timeline reveals that alleged hijacker Hamza Al-Ghamdi, who was aboard the United Airlines flight which crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center, had booked a future flight to San Francisco. He also had a ticket for a trip from Casablanca to Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia.

In January 2000, then-FBI Director Louis Freeh and CIA Director George Tenet attended regular briefings as Malaysian intelligence conducted surveillance of a “terrorist summit meeting” in Kuala Lumpur. Among the attendees were Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, two men who would later allegedly hijack American Airlines Flight 77 and crash it into the Pentagon.

He points to the redaction of the name of a person who is a known employee of a Saudi defense contractor, Omar al-Bayoumi, who lived at the same location.
"We know it’s Bayoumi,” said Thompson, “because after 9/11, the Finnish Government mistakenly released a classified FBI list of suspects that showed Bayoumi living in apartment #152 of Parkwood Apartments.” That information is available here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join