It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Agency Involvement in 9/11 Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
September 11th 1990 Bush Sr. mentioned for the first time to congress about an idea for a new world order
September 11th 1991 Bush Sr. again speaks to congress about a new world order exactly 10 years before the inside job was pulled off.
May 1st 2001 The pilots were told that they can no longer have a gun in the safety box in the cockpit.
June 1st 2001 Chaney told Rumsfield he wanted the shoot down powers normally a function of the generals. He was also running the drills on 911. After 911 the shoot down powers were given back to the generals.
September 11th 2001 Chaney was in the bunker at the white house when the Sect. of transportation Norman Mineta arrived. While he was there an aid would come in and tell Chaney the plane is 50 miles out. Again the aid came in and said the plane is 30 miles out. Whan the aid told Chaney that the plane was 10 miles out he asked Chaney if the orders still stand. Chaney whipped his head around and said of course the orders still stand why have you heard any different? When moments later the plane hit the Pentagon. The orders had to be to stand down.
I was told that the Pentagon has cameras all over the largest building in the world but it also has defence missiles and if a plane doesn't have a code telling that they are a friendly craft the missiles woulde have shot it down.
Pilots at their headquarters got in the simm and downloaded the NY skyline to try to crash into the WTC buildings. Some tried 10 times and couldn't do it. G-force was too high and commercial planes are not designed to be flown by sight. If you have ever flown you know at 30,000 feet at 500+ MPH you can't really tell where you are at.
Also that morning Bush was reading about a goat when he learned that a second plane hit in NY. But the SS didn't usher him out. If I told you your house was on fire would you just sit there and do nothing?
Bush said twice after 911 that he saw the first plane hit the building which was impossible because the film of the first plane wasn't shown until that evening unless he had a special camera beaming the event to a TV at the school. French film crew was filming a story about the NY fire department and caught the first plane on film.
Rumsfield went on TV and said that a missile had hit the Pentagon and the Plane in Penn was shot down or blown up.
Total INSIDE JOB!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

As someone used to dealing with evidence, I fail to see any proof. I see a lot of innuendo, hearsay and circumstancial evidence but nothing convincing. I say that as a "Devil's advocate" because if no one looks at these things without a critical eye, it just gets rubber stamped as credible by those who desire it to be true.
In any court, you would get laughed out with this kind of evidence. There's no sworn statements, no clear motus operandi, no credible witnesses and no provable connections. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just saying you're not making a clear case.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Infoman

I haven't presented all of the material I have as evidence.

Be patient, you will receive more evidence.

Check back in a few days and there will be more proof.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There won't be any Presidential pardon for INSIDE JOBBERS.

A 911 Tribunal is an idea, even if one of those fantasy ones.

911 needs plane witnesses, airline employees, government think
tankers, operatives and all the easy ones for testimony first to prove
a case for putting up the rest on the highest treason charges.

After 911 is finished lets get the Nazis giving us space, ET and
reverse engineering mind control bull to cover stolen technology
from Tesla.

ED:

Pilots at their headquarters got in the simm and downloaded the NY skyline to try to crash into the WTC buildings. Some tried 10 times and couldn't do it. G-force was too high and commercial planes are not designed to be flown by sight. If you have ever flown you know at 30,000 feet at 500+ MPH you can't really tell where you are at.

Manhattan is off limits to flights and so is the Pentagon and flight
by the seat of the pants is impossible. Course we can't put people
in an airliner to prove it. What is this plane Cheney was talking about?

[edit on 3/1/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Alright I have more sources for you to look at.

In my original thread I claimed several intelligence agencies as possible culprits for the 9/11 attacks.

I have more proof for the members of ATS to consider.

Pakistani Intelligence Interview ISI General Gul

"The attacks on New York and Washington were an Israeli-engineered attempt at a coup against the government of the United States"

You must read the entire interview as this is too important to miss, but here is an excerpt

De Borchgrave: So who did Black Sept. 11?

Gul: Mossad and its accomplices. The U.S. spends $40 billion a year on its 11 intelligence agencies. That's $400 billion in 10 years. Yet the Bush Administration says it was taken by surprise. I don't believe it. Within 10 minutes of the second twin tower being hit in the World Trade Center CNN said Osama bin Laden had done it. That was a planned piece of disinformation by the real perpetrators. It created an instant mindset and put public opinion into a trance, which prevented even intelligent people from thinking for themselves.

Q: So you're already convinced bin Laden didn't do it?

A: I know bin Laden and his associates. I've been with them here, in Europe and the Middle East. They are graduates of the best universities and are highly intelligent with impressive degrees and speak impeccable English. These are people who have rediscovered fundamental Islamic values. Many come from the Gulf countries where ruling royal families have generated hatred by the way they flout divine law, wasting billions on gratifying their whims, jetting around in large private jets by themselves, and sailing the Mediterranean in big private boats for weeks on end. Osama's best recruits come from feudal areas that are U.S. protectorates and where millions of poor people are seeking human dignity. I have even visited a Christian convent school in Murree, 60 miles from here, where my 13-year-old daughter is studying. The young girls there have told me Osama is their hero. Osama's followers identify with Mujahideen freedom fighters wherever they are defending Islam and its values.

Q: So what makes you think Osama wasn't behind Sept. 11?

A: From a cave inside a mountain or a peasant's hovel? Let's be serious. Osama inspires countless millions by standing up for Islam against American and Israeli imperialism. He doesn't have the means for such a sophisticated operation.

Q: Why Mossad?

A: Mossad and its American associates are the obvious culprits. Who benefits from the crime? The attacks against the twin towers started at 8:45 a.m. and four flights are diverted from their assigned air space and no air traffic controller sounds the alarm. And no Air Force jets scramble until 10 a.m. That also smacks of a small scale Air Force rebellion, a coup against the Pentagon perhaps? Radars are jammed, transponders fail. No IFF -- friend or foe identification -- challenge. In Pakistan, if there is no response to IFF, jets are instantly scrambled and the aircraft is shot down with no further questions asked. This was clearly an inside job. Bush was afraid and rushed to the shelter of a nuclear bunker. He clearly feared a nuclear situation. Who could that have been? Will that also be hushed up in the investigation, like the Warren report after the Kennedy assassination?

[edit on 3/2/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Complete 911 Timeline: Pakistan and ISI intelligence

My previous post mentions Mossad and the US being involved in the 911 attacks. I don't believe that to be the whole story.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest ISI was involved as well as the Saudis (oil?) and other independent 'contractors.'

Did the Saudis know about 911?

In his book "Why America Slept: The Failure to Prevent 9/11," Gerald Posner makes an explosive allegation: Top figures in the Saudi and Pakistani governments had been directly assisting Osama bin Laden for years and knew al-Qaida was going to strike America on Sept. 11. Posner cites two unnamed U.S. government sources, both of whom he asserts are "in a position to know," who he said gave him separate, corroborating reports. One source is from the CIA and the other is a senior Bush administration official "inside the executive branch," he told Salon in an interview.

According to Posner's account, four Saudi princes and the head of Pakistan's air force were deeply involved with Osama bin Laden for years, some of them meeting with him well after al-Qaida began its terror attacks on U.S. targets overseas in the mid-1990s. The fact that some of the figures were so highly placed makes it hard to dismiss the possibility, if the allegations are true, that the heads of the Saudi and Pakistani governments signed off on the policy.

I am not blaming solely Mossad (or ISI, CIA, or anyone else for that matter) and I don't want this to turn into an anti-semitic thread. That is not my intention.

We simply do not know exactly what happened on 911. I am merely piecing together the puzzle from a intelligence agency standpoint.

We know some of what happened, but we don't know the motives or who did it.

I suspect there's multiple reasons for the attacks.

I have contemplated before that the 911 attack was a sort of 'blood sacrifice' for whoever these people worship. The WTC is a center of "world trade" aka business.

The buildings were sacrificed (as well as thousands of people) to initiate the "New World Order" which is actually the old world order, but with a catchy new name.

This is all theory, but it seems more credible than arabs flying 2 planes into the towers because they hate America.

How could people in caves in the middle east learn how to fly jumbo jets over new york city and crash them into 2 buildings?

Simply not possible, sorry government conspiracy theorists.

Your conspiracy is even less likely than some of the crazy stories I've read...and that's saying a whole lot.

You could have at least come up with a better excuse and [Bush] shouldn't have blamed Osama the same day.

He claims he saw the attacks on tv when A). he was attempting to read a book to school children at the time and was told by an aid and B). the attacks weren't on tv till the next day.

Either he's lying or he's just a complete dumbass.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Pakistan's ISI 'Fully Involved' in 9/11

The Sept. 11 Commission has found troubling new evidence that Iran was closer to al-Qaida than was Iraq. More importantly, and through no fault of its own, the commission missed the biggest prize of all: Former Pakistani intelligence officers knew beforehand all about the September 11 attacks.

They even advised Osama bin Laden and his cohorts how to attack key targets in the United States with hijacked civilian aircraft. And bin Laden has been undergoing periodic dialysis treatment in a military hospital in Peshawar, capital of Pakistan's Northwest Frontier Province adjacent to the Afghan border.

The information came to the commission's attention in a confidential report from Pakistan as the commission's own report was coming off the presses. The information was supplied with the understanding that the unimpeachable source would remain anonymous.

Pakistan still denies that President Pervez Musharraf knew anything about the activities of A.Q. Khan, the country's top nuclear engineer who spent the last 10 years building and running a one-stop global Wal-Mart for "rogue" nations. North Korea, Iran and Libya shopped for nuclear weapons at Mr. Khan's underground black market. Pakistan has also denied the allegations by a leading Pakistani in the confidential addendum to the September 11 Commission report.

Still believe the government story?

Don't worry, I have more.

Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Its rather sad these sources have way different stories.

The ISI General blames Mossad, while other sources say ISI was involved. I really don't know what to tell you other than its all smoke and mirrors.

Elements of all of them were involved, whether we want to believe it or not. That's probably reality folks.

Mossad/Israel seems to be the scapegoat for a lot of things, and I cannot blame them 100% for anything. They simply do not have the manpower and technology to follow through with everything.

The US government had to have helped them out as well as other governments.

Sad, but true.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
The ISI General blames Mossad, while other sources say ISI was involved. I really don't know what to tell you other than its all smoke and mirrors.

Smoke and mirrors indeed, and as the official story of 911 continues to unravel, it is interesting to now see an attempt to switch blame onto Pakistan and Iran. Gee I wonder where the hammer falls next?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Good thread Biggie!

As far as Israel's part in things,well could they have been involved?
Theres plently of people in the U.S government with U.S and Israel dual citizenship,as you can see in this video.

and then theres this

Five Dancing Israelis Arrested On 9/11
Israeli/Zionist Foreknowledge of 9/11

And this

"Document The Event" The 9/11 High Five Montage

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoman

As someone used to dealing with evidence, I fail to see any proof. I see a lot of innuendo, hearsay and circumstantial evidence but nothing convincing. I say that as a "Devil's advocate" because if no one looks at these things without a critical eye, it just gets rubber stamped as credible by those who desire it to be true.
In any court, you would get laughed out with this kind of evidence. There's no sworn statements, no clear mots operandi, no credible witnesses and no provable connections. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just saying you're not making a clear case.

Then as someone used to dealing with evidence, then you know many people have been sent to the gas chamber, electric chair, lethal injection with much less evidence than presented here.

Courts....lol!! They send innocent people to their death on a regular basis.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Well the blame (from my standpoint anyway) has been placed on the Muslim faith in general.

The Afghanis and Iraqis paid for 911 with their lives, thousands of them...Millions more are refugees now because of both wars. That's not even counting what happened to the neighboring nations that had to take in these people.

The "hammer" falls on many many different people and agencies/governments. This is not just a US or Israel or Pakistan problem. The corruption runs deep.

I've heard reports of how Silverstein took out a huge insurance policy days before the towers fell...Well that's pretty convenient.

Here's a video and a few links to add some more confusion to the facts.

I mean seriously, what are we supposed to believe?

Are there literally thousands of people who 'made good' off of such a tragic event?

That's pretty sickening and probably not far from the truth.

We live in a truly messed up world.

I pray for our future generations.

Larry Silverstein and 911

(scroll down to see the events closer to 911)

Silverstein Properties, Larry Silverstein’s company which took over the lease of the WTC weeks earlier (see July 24, 2001), has a meeting planned for the morning of 9/11 in it’s temporary offices on the 88th floor of the WTC North Tower, along with Port Authority officials. It is to discuss what to do in the event of a terrorist attack. However, this evening the meeting is canceled because one participant cannot attend.

WTC leaseholder Larry Silverstein is supposed to be working today in the temporary offices of his company, Silverstein Properties, on the 88th floor of the North Tower. However, at his Park Avenue apartment, Silverstein’s wife reportedly “laid down the law: The developer could not cancel an appointment with his dermatologist, even to meet with tenants at his most important property.” [NEW YORK OBSERVER, 3/17/2003; NEW YORK MAGAZINE, 4/18/2005] He is therefore not at the WTC when it is hit, and first hears of the attacks when an associate calls him from the lobby of one of the WTC buildings. [REAL DEAL, 1/2004] Two of Silverstein’s children—his son, Roger, and daughter, Lisa—work for his company and have been regularly attending meetings with WTC tenants at Windows on the World (the restaurant at the top of the North Tower). Yet this morning they are running late. According to the New York Observer, “If the attack had happened just a little later, Mr. Silverstein’s children would likely have been trapped at Windows.”

Its very convenient that none of the Silverstein family were at work that morning. Too convenient.

[edit on 3/8/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Thanks for the videos.

Its quite obvious elements of Mossad knew what was going to happen prior to 911. That doesn't implicate the entire intelligence agency though, nor does it let other "off the hook" so to speak.

reply to post by whaaa

Great point. We went to war with Iraq over less evidence.

There was even proof stating that Saddam had discontinued his weapons program, yet we saw massive war and fear-mongering coming from the NeoCons.

Not to mention we're hearing the same fear-mongering about Iran.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Professional Demolition of Building 7

Larry Silverstein, the owner of the WTC complex, admitted on a September 2002 PBS documentary, 'America Rebuilds' that he and the NYFD decided to 'pull' WTC 7 on the day of the attack. The word 'pull' is industry jargon for taking a building down with explosives.

We have attempted to call Larry Silverstein's office on several occasions. Silverstein has never issued a retraction for his comments.

Photos taken moments before the collapse of WTC 7 show small office fires on just two floors.

Firefighters were told to move away from the building moments before it collapsed.

In February of 2002 Silverstein Properties won $861 million from Industrial Risk Insurers to rebuild on the site of WTC 7. Silverstein Properties' estimated investment in WTC 7 was $386 million. So: This building's collapse resulted in a profit of about $500 million!

$500 million profit margin. That's not too bad.

Picture of the events

Picture of Building 7

Notice how small the fires are:

Here is a picture of building 7 at 3pm on September 11, two and a half hours before it collapsed. The lower portion of the building is darkened from the reflection of the other smaller building across the street. The only fires are on the 7th and 12th floors and are so small they could have been put out by the office sprinkler system. Why did Silverstein and the government make the decision to 'pull' the building when debris from it's collapse would hit the other buildings and start fires in them too?
Many people have claimed that the diesel fuel and emergency generators exploded within building 7 but even the FEMA report admitted that these remained fully intact. The FEMA report sought to explain how the building collapsed but could only conclude, “The specifics of the fires in WTC 7 and how they caused the building to collapse remain unknown at this time.”

The report is available at www.fema.gov...

Why did FEMA commission a report into how the building collapsed if it was already known that the government made the decision to destroy it on the evening of 9/11?

I smell a rat and its not the Chinese food sitting in front of me.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I guess the Silverstein implication isn't necessarily a 'intelligence' agency link, but an element of this tragedy nonetheless.

Perhaps the thread title should be "who to blame" but its staying the way it is.

The Five Dancing Israelis Arrested on 911

The Dan Rather video is linked on that site, but that's already been posted on this thread so there's no use in wasting bandwidth.

An interesting element to the news article:

One anonymous phone call to the authorities actually led them to close down all of New York's bridges and tunnels. The mystery caller told the 9-1-1 dispatcher that a group of Palestinians were mixing a bomb inside of a white van headed for the Holland Tunnel. Here's the transcript from NBC News:

Dispatcher: Jersey City police.
Caller: Yes, we have a white van, 2 or 3 guys in there, they look like Palestinians and going around a building.
Caller: There's a minivan heading toward the Holland tunnel, I see the guy by Newark Airport mixing some junk and he has those sheikh uniform.
Dispatcher: He has what?
Caller: He's dressed like an Arab. (8)
(*Writer's note: Why would this mystery caller specifically say that these "Arabs" were Palestinians? How would he know that? Palestinians usually dress in western style clothes, not "sheikh uniforms")

Based on that phone call, police then issued a "Be-on-the-Lookout" alert for a white mini-van heading for the city's bridges and tunnels from New Jersey.

White, 2000 Chevrolet van with 'Urban Moving Systems' sign on back seen at Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ, at the time of first impact of jetliner into World Trade Center Three individuals with van were seen celebrating after initial impact and subsequent explosion. FBI Newark Field Office requests that, if the van is located, hold for prints and detain individuals.

I would check the source material. After each quoted item, there is a link to the original source.

This article is clearly well researched and thought out.

Almost nothing (in regards to the dancing Israelis) has been left out.

"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."
US official quoted in Carl Cameron's Fox News report on the Israeli spy ring.

I told you I didn't forget about the 5 dancing Israelis

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow...a lot of misinformation on this thread.....

The pictures being posted so rapidly of the 911 hijackers. They already had them.

Yes they did....on their visa apps, on some of the driver's licenses etc....Not that hard to do when you remember that on three of the jets, we had flight attendants calling in the seats and names that that hijackers had been in.....They have this neat invention that helps with retrieving data now...its called a computer......

The rogue flight that ended up in Ohio. Remote control could of failed

Umm no, no "rogue" flights landed in Cleveland that day. You had Delta 1989 and a NASA KC-135...those are the two jets that caused all the confusion.

The confiscation of the Pentagon videos. Again, more scrutiny would probably reveal an "inhuman" capability to control an aircraft that big that low, that fast.

Try looking at some of the other threads, especially the one that shows the Cathay Airlines jet less than 200 feet off the ground (actually 100 I think) and going like a bat out of hell.....then get back to me about it being "inhuman"

The flight training of the hijackers in simulators, to a degree.

Which means nothing....

The fact that he is an ex head of state with an excellent reputation, and directly took part in Operation Gladio speaks volumes. He can't be called just another conspiracy theorist crackpot.

Give me a break. Im going to plan and stage the most heinous terrorist attack ever, plan to run in my own country....and Im going to tell a bunch of foreigners? Bag that and sell it to farmers...they need all the fertilizer they can get.

Marvin Bush was director of SecuraCom/Kroll which provided electronic security for the World Trade Center, United Airlines, and Dulles airport - all three of which were involved in the 9/11 attacks.

He was on the board of directors, not the CEO. Plus, he left Securacom before his brother was even the GOP nominee for President.

Then on Sept. 6th, there were 4 times the normal amount of put-options (bets to go down) placed on United Airlines stock. The next day more than 5 times the usual put volume was placed on Boeing stock. And on Sept. 10th, American Airlines had nearly 11 times its daily put average. No other airlines showed such anomalies

And in NEITHER case were the options the HIGHEST that had been placed on either airline that year. On several other occasions, large numbers of options were placed that year. Go back and study their press releases for August 2001. BOTH airlines were release information about their perfomance....and NONE of it was good. A savvy options investor would have placed options, because with all the bad news coming from the airlines it was a cinch their stocks were going to drop.

Newsweek twice reported that top Pentagon officials had got a warning of the impending attack on September 10th and cancelled their flights for the next day

No, that warning was issued for the Far East, NOT the United States.

September 11th 1990 Bush Sr. mentioned for the first time to congress about an idea for a new world order

That phrase was used by President Wilson long before President Bush used it.

I was told that the Pentagon has cameras all over the largest building in the world but it also has defence missiles and if a plane doesn't have a code telling that they are a friendly craft the missiles woulde have shot it down.

Well then you were misinformed. The Pentagon did not have anti aircraft defenses. The "code" you are referring to is not something in use in civilian aircraft. In addition, Reagan National Airport has the Pentagon under its approach. So, if the Pentagon had these "defenses" you would have seen airliners being shot down over Washington DC for YEARS.

Also that morning Bush was reading about a goat when he learned that a second plane hit in NY. But the SS didn't usher him out. If I told you your house was on fire would you just sit there and do nothing?

With the attack happening over 1,000 miles away from him, the DUMBEST thing to do would be to rush him out of the building prior to conducting a sweep of the area to ensure that no one was outside waiting for just such a rash move. Thats what the Secret Service did. They had the President inside a building and safe, so they reswept the area for snipers, bombs etc...before they moved him.

TextBush said twice after 911 that he saw the first plane hit the building which was impossible because the film of the first plane wasn't shown until that evening unless he had a special camera beaming the event to a TV at the school

And we all know he uses perfect grammar at all times. He was referring to the fact that all the news stations were showing the first burning tower and talking about how it was reportedly a 737 that had hit the building. NOT that he actually SAW the first plane hit. Just that he had saw the NEWS.

How could people in caves in the middle east learn how to fly jumbo jets over new york city and crash them into 2 buildings?

This is one of the most ARROGANT statements that continues to show up on ATS. They are hiding in caves...they MUST be stupid. Its that kind of arrogance that led so many mid level bureaucrats to NOT believe something like this was possible.

Notice how small the fires are

True, NOW look at the pictures/video of the OTHER side of WTC 7 to see all the damage and fires that were raging on the side of the building that got clobbered by WTC 1 during its collapse.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Yeah I know the misinformation coming from your post Mr. Air Force.

I'm not even going to bother debunking your post. There's no point.

You clearly have bought hook line and sinker Bushie's story.

Did you even bother to read the OP? I want proof, not more rhetoric.

PROVE to me there's no government involvement.

Or that there is.

You haven't done either.

[edit on 3/8/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I just have two good video analysis, if it holds up to scrutiny, seems
valid. The posts about patsy agents and a MK-ULTRA plant to pilot
the crash, like in JFK JR, or remote control is a good scenario.

Then again, no planes needed just explosives.
TV FAKERY audio can't be witnesses.
Does anyone in Manhattan ever look for planes.
9/11 AMATEUR Part 2 (North Tower)
www.youtube.com...

9/11 AMATEUR Part 1 (South Tower)
www.youtube.com...

Good post and yet we shouldn't need this thread, the government
should be doing the intel.

Aside, a good report on chemtrail (or UFO trails) that should
be the governments work and not the citizenry:

Newscast's Chemtrail Investigation Reveals Dangerous Aerosolized Compounds

www.jonesreport.com...

ED: Government involvement... well one video accused military video
feeds were used. Sorry do not have the link.

[edit on 3/8/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well I'm back with some more info for y'all.

Did Israel have advance warning of 911 attacks?

One of the early reports from Qatar said that on the day the World Trade Center and Pentagon buildings came down, as many as 4,000 Jewish workers had gone on leave.

Where such a report originated was not made clear. It just became a “given” in ensuing Middle East interpretations. From the moment this bizarre suggestion surfaced that American and Israeli Jews got a special warning, most Americans discredited anything else coming from Middle East sources. People who heard the story, carefully quoted by my visiting friend, just tuned out the idea.

Meanwhile, things were moving rapidly in the United States. Within hours after the four hijacked aircraft had crashed, many people were seized on the basis of suspicious activities or appearances. Five young men from Israel attracted the interest of their neighbors when they were seen photographing each other near the now burning World Trade Center.

Now, however, things begin to get a little murkier. Events may not be quite as clear as a straightforward narrative would demand. For example, despite attempts by the U.S. government to hush it up, a very large number of Israelis were caught up in the roundup of suspicious characters. While people had assumed that most of those rounded up were Arabs, it turned out that quite a number were Jewish Israelis, not Arab Israelis. And it seemed that some of them had no valid explanations of what they were doing when Sept. 11 stopped everyone in their tracks.

Continued from the above source and in my opinion the most important statement of the entire article:

One of the first things that surprised government officials was that apparently some Israeli operatives in the U.S. had advance warning that terrorists were planning a major event in the United States. Whatever the warnings were, however, they were not shared with American authorities.

There were plenty of opportunities to speak out. Some Israelis, for example, had been watching a group of Arabs in California for some time. When the Israelis inadvertently realized that something big was about to happen, either the specifics were not shared with U.S. authorities or the latter simply ignored the warning. It may well be that Israel’s Mossad operatives were afraid to explain their activities, as that might divulge the extent of Israeli penetration. The end result, however, is that the catastrophic events on the East Coast transpired, when they might have been averted.

So the Israelis (or at least Mossad) knew what was going to happen on 911, but somehow the US intelligence agencies had no idea?

I don't buy it. The CIA must have known what was going on and in turn, did nothing (or helped facilitate the attacks).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join