It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Role in World War III

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If your talking a conventional war with china and the united states.That 6 carriers wouldnt do that much good.They wouldnt be able to get them anyplace near the us coastline without being hit hard.Thier tanks arent going to do squat on us soil.I wouldnt worry to much about thier fighters and bomber either/without constant refueling and i dont know if they have that much dogfighting ability.They are going no place.Nukes on the other hand 300 hitting us soil wouldnt look so pretty.They would get hit back with 500 or so.As in other countries...dont know.All about technology.We are far superior.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I would bet my right leg that if Australia got attacked, Britain would be the first into it. I'm certain, if Britain is in amongst it, then America would show up too. Late again, but they'd show up...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A war between US and China would be conventional and Nuclear at the same time. Conventional in terms of an air and ground war over Taiwan, and Nuclear by means of Nuclear anti-ship missles (i.e. the Sunburn II anti-ship Nuclear missle).

Both the US and China are working on Laser technology to knock out satellites. Without satellites, there is no weapons guidance or C4 communications.

China wants the ability to do force projection with the carriers.

Also, Information and Weather warfare are already likely playing a role in the form of proxy wars.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I could just imagine a single airburst in orbit from a nuke would drive the emp to totally knock out the whole satellite communications.Even one over us soil 20 miles could be horrific.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Australia would be doomed; If China was the aggresor, they would take us over in days or hours.

Why, raw materials to feed the supply chain (logistics).

Lots of coal, natural gas, and of course our position on the globe (land area) not to mention other valuable assets.

I also believe if a nuclear first strike was to happen then a number of sites in Australia would be amongst the first places to be hit (Pine Gap/Army/Airforce bases).

Australia would (IMO) be one of the first countries to help the USA or any other sovereign states that were attacked in any such aggression.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Australia is in an odd place, strategically. China is just up the road, with lots of islands in between. America has got a lot of water to cover to get down there. Britain is screwed to get any assistance there quickly.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
. If the queen doesn't like a PM that has just been elected, she can say, you are now relieved of position as Prime Minister of Australia.

HAHAHAHA maybey 100 years ago but there is no way the queen could make such a call, maybey except for a prank one (i heard shes good at that) nowadays shes nothing more than a superficial role in parliament. if miss elizabeth rang kevin 07 and said buzz off i think hes the one that could talk her out of widsor castle. 24/7 kevin is the man haha

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

*slams fist on table* But we aren't legaly obliged to help America in any way, we never were!
The American and Australian Governments have spent years leading Australia to believe that we have an alliance with America that forces us to help them unconditionally whenever they ask for help.
However the only agreement military wise that we have ever had with America was back in world war II when an agreement was signed that stated, if Australian soil was invaded than America would send military aid.
The only part of Australia that was invaded was papua new guinea, which at the time was actually part of Australia. However the aid that America sent was their home guard. As bad as the home guard is now, back then they were worse. They had the tendency to run away when they were being shot at!
Eventually they were pulled off the front and broken and tired Australian militia groups were forced to continue fighting because the Americans were so useless. The majority of Australian deaths towards the end of the Papua campaign can be attributed to the Americans failing to carry out their objectives during joint operations, because most of them would drop their guns and run as soon as they heard gunfire.

Don't believe me? read Kokoda by Paul Ham

Even after all of this America is still trying to convince Australians that they saved our bums back then, and that our troops did nothing and we ow them a massive debt for saving our country.

If a world war were to break out, the majority of the Australian population would want to have no involvement in it what so ever. But unfortunately it is up to the government of Australia to make the decision, and we haven't had a government that actually listens to us when it comes to America in ages.
When I meet Americans they are always shocked by how many Australians hate them, but it's true. Most Australians hate Americans because we're drawn into all of THEIR fights, our sons, brothers, uncles die for AMERICAN CAUSES. They don't want to be fighting for America but they have no choice, it's their job.
We had a bunch of SAS guys ripped apart only a few weeks ago, fighting for and American cause. Why did one medic have to drag them all to safety? Because he was fighting an American battle

Most Australians hate Americans and their wars, but if it came to a world war the Australian Government would unfortunately pledge Australian assistance without consulting the people first. Then they'd probably all be killed in the following rebellion in which all American instillation in Australia
were destroyed by the raging citzens

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
China is just now attempting to assert itself as a regional military power. If there is a relevant question here, it is whether the United States will be willing to protect Australia twenty years from now (should China threaten it).

My opinion is that when the chips are down, blood will protect blood. It is no coincidence that the nations of the English speaking world are the most tightly allied. As an American I would insist that my country protect Canada, the U.K., and Australia, and I would happily fight for them myself.

Aussies talk funny but they are O.K. for a bunch of drunken descendents of convicts.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
People!!!! if there is to be a dreaded WW3 to happen make no mistake australia will be involved as the whole world hence the term WORLD WAR now as far as sides are concerned if aus was tosty 'neutral' pretty much out of the question based on the fact as there open to capture in a war of this magnitude i mean face it, a country as big as Australia with a population just ove 20mill For #s sakes wake up.. this is prime ground, America in a war of this magnitude would on some scale ally australia in an attack in the regions of where there bases are, they have bases on foreign soil all over the world do you really believe there going to send all of there troops to save australia when they would be held up over the entire globe and on there own soil! ally now but coward when # hits the fan. England on the other hand would probably put alot at risk to help save australia as yes were apart of the commonwealth but to the english australians are in fact english, as aussies we are of british blood with an accent difference, the horror tho in this war is the distance of where australias greatest allies are. malaysia, China would target Aus. If china were to invade any western country/ally i wouldnt question that they would be nuked, this would all not fall into play untill war in the middle east seriously escalates "IRAN" is your culprit WW3 will start when Israel or america bombs iran.. the facts are there and the motions are set were just waiting for the game to begin. PEACE

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Australia in the past hundred years have lost over 100,000 troops in foreign wars protecting foreign soil has anyone heard about the battle of la hamel? google it u will be amazed at our sacrifice, isnt tht enough proven that we would help our brothers the US if they were to go to war? many think that australia is insignificant in military compared to the world but look at world war 2 stats australia didnt even have 8 million people but 1 million men and woman signed up and 500 thousand served overseas. The kokoda trail for example a bunch of barely trained aussies took on and defeated and outnumbering highly trained invading japanese force are we not a force to be reckoned with? u hear about americans soldiers being killed, american forces advancing but i bet none of yous knew that in the iraq invasion the invading american force met up with the australians who landed earlier as soon as the go was orded for the invasion. We are commited to the United States and u bet ur ass before anyone who reads this that if the United states was invaded by any foreign force as a soldier of the australian army i personally would volunteer to take it back. And as for the case if australia was invaded, our airforce and navy would intercept any force before it reaches our soil and if they do reach us who do u think will be waiting for them? the sasr and 4rar commandos not to mention over 25,000 grunts aswell will b firing on them, they will recieve artillery from every direction, our tanks will destroy any bording parties and while this is happening millions of aussies will be volunteering and recieving immediate military training while our sum 20,000 reservists are cald up and armed. So anyone thinking wed kiss any countries ass and that we are neutral are wrong, we are a powerful and determined force to be reckoned with we will strike bak at any force whether it is the chinese or the russians and we will not bak down until our objective is complete!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Aussies talk funny but they are O.K. for a bunch of drunken descendents of convicts.

up yours buddy

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If the NWO is put in place soon, (as a lot to seem to think it will be) then we won't be fighting against each other as we'll all be under one government, with one military and one global economic agenda.
I personally doubt there will be a WW3.
There will only be death to those who don't come aboard the NWO train.
Not saying this is a good thing but it looks like that is the way this all going.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunray

Originally posted by DaRAGE
. If the queen doesn't like a PM that has just been elected, she can say, you are now relieved of position as Prime Minister of Australia.

HAHAHAHA maybey 100 years ago but there is no way the queen could make such a call, maybey except for a prank one (i heard shes good at that) nowadays shes nothing more than a superficial role in parliament. if miss elizabeth rang kevin 07 and said buzz off i think hes the one that could talk her out of widsor castle. 24/7 kevin is the man haha

You may be to young to remember an Australian Prime minister who was sacked by the queen, Gough Whitlam 1975.

as far as USA versus China, that is a bit far off, China is being set up to be the world police and will stay out of conflict, it will more than likely be a Russia/Iran versus the allies type of deal.
It won't go nuclear, the elite don't want to destroy their inheritence.

Why will china be used as the world police? because when their job is done, Avian bird flu will take care of them, it is almost race specific now.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I an guessing Australia would be brought into ww3 because china will attack Australia anyway.Pinegap and northwest cape would be prime nuclear targets for chinese nuclear missles as they are the eyes and ears of the US military machine.If Indonesia joined the china alliance with north korea that may effect Australia in a number of ways.The worst thing about world war three is the aftermath of the war.Can you just imagine the number of chinese refuges who would have to leave china as 75% of china will be a nuclear wasteland where nobody can live.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
My personal belief is that Australia could easily be the cause of WW3.
China needs Australia, it has everything China needs, land space and natural resources etc. Without expansion into OZ China will collapse under the weight of it's population.
It also houses some of the US's most secret complexes.
IF you watch the news carefully, China is already invading Australia economically, in less than 50 years it will have achieved its goal. Clearly the US and the UK (the queen is still head of state here) will not let this happen. This is were the WW3 will start.
By the way, i find it bizarre that people believe that there will be "camps" in a nuke war, the big boys will slug it out without hesitation, it will be over in then that 24 hours if and when it happens. Once you get to nuke war all alliances are null, every country for itself.
However i believe that the US would emerge as the victors they are technologically far ahead of most other countries it seems. Hopefully we will never have to find out if this is the truth!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Australia will be used as a NWB

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
China Buying 6 super carriers from the Russians? well thtas just stupid, Try using facts, China is building there own two 50-60,000 ton carriers.. And its deltful they will be even nuclear powered..

Russia is building 4-6 new carriers in the future for THERE navy, and once again not garunteed to be super carriers, Could once again be there mixed design of a cruiser/aircraft-carrier.

Also.. Australia always being on the outside? ifthat was true then we would never have been given so much respect by our enemies in previous wars, WW1, Great respect earnt and given to the Turkish, German commanders being happy at the inability to field such an effective group of men properly, and the Skill of the Australians on the Western front for first time using massed local area fighting succesfully, WW2, Erwin Rommel stating that the Australian troops are the Elite of the British Commonwealth, Korea: Fighting good and hard along with our allies once again proving our ability and standing by our mates atthe front, Vietnam: earning the respect of both the NVA, Viet Cong and the Civilian populace, at not only our extreme efectiviness in battle, but also our compassion, rtaher then blowing out an enemy in a pill box, an aussie soldier threw in a smoke grenade and forced the guy out and secured him Alive, Witnessed by local village leader.. Never did aussies have much trouble there again. So dont go saying australia sits on the outside mate, Just couse we have small armedforces dont mean they aint one the best small armed forces in the world, We are some the best trained, best equipped, and well respected by our allies and enemys alike.. So bugger off Vime =)

There is also the Anzus treaty, That was originally intended only for defense matters in the pacific are, However over time that has pretty much just expanded to the entire world, Mainly just Australia and US part of it, however New Zealand is slowly coming back into it.. stupid anti nuke protestors lol.

War with China would not start off just as a Nuclear thing.. Chinese arent that dumb, They know that lanching nukes will just get them launched back at them and then every one is stuffed, Will largely a naval war, Lots of subs, Lots of surface units, and hundreds,if not thousands of aircraft competing for the best victories. Of which China is in one the worst locations, There naval units are pretty much bloacked in By South Korea/Japan/Taiwan.

Australia why not maybe sending a sizable groundforce would send a naval contigent, a highly trained naval force, Considering we have worlds best Electric-diesel subs, Worlds 2nd best Frigates, and currently we also the fastest at resupplying multiple ships at sea xD

And for the record, I hate the Commonwealth, Its never done anything for us, Just more harm then good, 60,000 lives in WW1 and still no respect from British High command, 29,000 lives in WW2 and pretty much the same, Hell im up for dumping the whole commonwealth and siding with one of our former enemies in 2 worldwars.. Germany ^_^

In all honousty, India will become more powerful then China, Already strong armedforces, Bigger navy, Aircraft carriers and all, Plus there all ready designed and started building there own... Way ahead of China.

Russia will not go ut of its way to be involved in WW2, They have no need nore the desire to.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Australia would not end up in a war against Indonesia, one we are both getting way to friendly with each other, Better chacne of Indonesia joining us, Indonesia has way better relations with Aus then with China... So Indonesia joining the Allies is major tactical victory, as means Chinese naval vessels have to pass throught some relatively small sea channals, And if Indonesia goes to war Malaysia and Singapore will back them up.. So then there is Close to 30 Frigates, dozen+ subs, Dozens of Corvettes and Hundreds of Aircraft and choopers patrolling small sea area.. Cina wont make it to Aus.

While Australia has Huge borders to defend, Its also a massive country to occupy, So any invasion would require an occupation force of Millions, pretty much Australia would take up all of the main chinse army and good portion of there reserves.. Theres a good battle plan, Let China invade Aus, US invades China, Chinese forces in Aus surrender.. WOOT WOOT!

And whats this about Aussies being british trained? In past we were, We still use some the same manuals, But these days we train in australia by Australians, Fter which we may perform joint training with other Special force's type Units, Such as British SAS or US SEALS etc. Facts people.. Not propaganda.

And dont over estimate Chinese capabilities, there airforce largely limited to there Airspace, there navy.. well just SUCKS!.. They have had ships theyve soald New returned becoouse they didnt work.. China is all about building on the cheap.. no qaulity in it, and for war, thats just bad.. atleast the Russian T-34 in ww2 was a decent cheap tank Chinese stuff is a decent cheap lot of rusting metal.

And for the record Australia is no subordinate.. Just ask the British commanders from WW1/2 who had to deal with those wonderful aussie blokes, Always a good laught for me hearing stories how the british officers couldnt stand the aussie troops and there ways lol... Just couse we know how to have fun and win wars xD lol no offence intended.

On a side note, judasfish when WW3 does start.. want me bring the beers mate? =)

Btw.. Yes drop bears are very true.. Shouldnt go out walking in the bush with out some one who knows the area... vicious bastards

And dont under estimate carriers guys, Yes we have inflight refueling, yes aircraft have longer ranges, But do you think a pilot can sit in his Fighter for 12 bloody hours before getting into a 30 minute long air battle then turn back for a 12 hour flight back to US.. nah mate.. CArriers are forward operations points, Supporting invasion forces, hitting targets, and providing air support for naval forces.... They still VERY important. You make it sound like knocking them out is Childs play, It isnt, they do havelong range defensive missiles, And Mini-Nukes? Where exactly does china have these so called mini nukes?..

Once again,Russia will NOT get involved in WW3 just becouse China does, They know the dangers, and dont want those dangers ever again... there happy to sit back, Maybe broker some peace deal.. all the while rebuilding there economy, armed forces.. and just settle for beingthe only intact super power after =)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yes China has friends in Africa, as does US, and UK, however, Most of africa is working togetho to bring peace and stability to all of it, Which for the msot part they have, Somalia slowly rebuilding it self, Ethiopia is getting back on its feet, Nigeria being one the mot powerful nations in Western Africa, South Africa no way willing to side with China for WW3, More then likely go with US as would Egyt, Egypt and South Africa alone could crush most enemies in Africa...

Russia did bloody Great in WW2 for peoples information, They have some the best hard ass troops inthe world, As for America spending those $$$ on R&D.. well thats just putting them further into debt, Spending money they dont have.... And just which ships of theres have Rail guns?.. yes there are designs for them, and they have been researched and ithink developed, However power requirements prevent there fielding in cobmat for the time being... ye they hae unmanned vessels, aircraft and small little vehicles.. But they do not have unmanned tanks.. Facts poeple jeez.. too much to ask?

Yes Russia Suffered big losses in WW2, but they didnt have option of training there men for months at a time, They needed them at the front A.S.A.P. And for all there losses, They accounted for the Majority of Germany's armed forces casualties.. So statistically, Nothing bad about it.

China having an amry the size of the US populace? o.0 o..k.. yea country with just under 1.4 trillion has an army of 308,000,000.. sounds about right... try dividing that by 100 and thats about the size ofChinas army.

China attacking down throught South-East Asia.. well ad move,
1. Vietnam alone has a force of 3,000+ tanks and 4,400+ APC's/IFV's, And thats just the first country China would have to hit... Between Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and India.. China would be completely and utterly F**ked.. Combined forces total dozen of subamrines, dozens of friagtes, dozens of destroyers, couple aircraft carriers, and a hell of alot of corvettes, and in the relatively inclosed battle area corvettes would be key to victory. Not to mention combined air force operating from there airfields.. Thus having more flight time.

As for Military spendature, US spends $651.8 billion year.. China says they spend about $60 Billion, Experts estimate closer to $120-$150 billion

As for benifits for soldiers.. well no better place then Australia.. We get paid between 50-100% more then the US xD

darcon.. Australia getting there ass whooped? the NVA and Vietcong considered Aussies some ofthere toughest enemies, they tried avoiding battle with us couse we where just too damn effective in the way we did battle. Vietnam was hopeless war, But our men never wavered in the duties, always doing what was asked of them, So dont you dare try and insult those brave men for what they gave you little peice of S**t coward.

And i can tell you for a fatc there are ZERO UFO's at Pine gap.. stupid conspiracy theorists

Arghh bugger it.. China please invade us... SO we can kick your ass =) then go have a beer.. or 20 xD

In a coventional war, China cant win, Couse.. well i have a secret eapon for Australia... my 3yr old baby Autistic baby sister.. She destroys EVERYTHING!.. lol.. Drop her into China.. It will be done with by the end of the week. honoust.. she totally evil.. Only watches movies where there some sot of violnce.. and laughts when poeple get hurt =)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join