It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Anonymous" Scientology Protest is an NSA/FBI Fishing Expedition

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
no I doubt he thought that was actually tom.
clearly my first reaction was to correct one, he was joking.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by another anon]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonim

Hahaha, I only watched the first 2 seconds of the video. Now I'm really confused, did he think that's Tom Cruise? O_o

Anyway, I'll leave the exscientologykids link up, if he reads it it's that much more win.

By "he" are you referring to me?
I'm female. However, I'd just like to state for the record that the spoof video
was what really drove home the point for me. Something's wrong with Tom Cruise. He's been lead to believe it's something right, but from where I'm sitting he sounds like he's suffering.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i don't wish to instigate illegal activities either.

I don't follow. When were illegal activities ever mentioned in what you were replying to?
I am genuinely baffled.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
sorry about the gender confusion, you know rule 30, "there are no girls on the internet"

so you have seen the tom cruise video?

[edit on 1-3-2008 by another anon]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous13

I don't follow. When were illegal activities ever mentioned in what you were replying to?
I am genuinely baffled.

I wouldn't want it to be said that I was encouraging anyone in the reading audience to illegally kidnap the guy (not anyone in particular, just covering my backsides). That's not unheard of. Friends and family who mean well, kidnap cult victims and force them to undergo deprogramming. Most of the time it works, but if it doesn't work, the lawsuits are out the roof on the pretext that the individual was kidnapped and tortured, which is not a good thing. No one should be forced to change their beliefs.

I was hoping maybe his family could be convinced to try to talk to him and convince him for their own well being, to see a doctor and get a thorough physical. When I went kabonkers, no one knew the reason for my behavior, so the infection wasn't caught on time and I was VERY close to being taken off the machines entirely (which woulda been the end for me). I wasn't in a cult, I just had a specific type of infection in my brain. But the symptoms can quite similar, between insanity produced by infection and produced by emotional and mental trauma.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by another anon

so you have seen the tom cruise video?

Yes.

I don't even want to describe the parts that gave me the willies.
But the spoof, even though the guy was a great actor and made several valid points, is hilarious in a sad sort of way. It points to the problem in a way that is
depressing, to be honest. You can't help but laugh but then it strikes you that the entire thing is just sad. It's all very sad.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
well then, you should know that if there was anyone who knew him who would ever even begin to suggest that scientology wasn't the most beneficial thing to have ever existed they would be disconnected in a heartbeat. you should also know that scientology can cure anything from cancer to homosexuality, you just need to pay them enough. so even if he did have something physically wrong with him, an OT8 like tom, in a wog hospital? that would never be allowed.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I wouldn't want it to be said that I was encouraging anyone in the reading audience to illegally kidnap the guy (not anyone in particular, just covering my backsides).

Ah. It seemed fairly clear that 'rescue mission' was metaphorical. For the specifics of what might be done, it might perhaps be best, however, were the idea posted in a place where the notion is on-topic. Not disparaging your idea at all of course; just suggesting a change of venue. (The typical responses to such a request, I might imagine, for any who might be curious, and to illustrate the perhaps misleading picture of the project that this thread has conveyed, would probably be on the order of passing out flyers or leaving business cards on tables and such.)

In short, your idea, and the following discussion, is a fairly good illustration of how Anonymous typically works. And, if you wanted, you might pursue the idea further, and I encourage you to do so. But to pursue it further here would, unfortunately, be likely to also drift from the topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
scientologists are....

THE DEVIL!
no im just joking people

sorry

actually i think its a very great concept.
but not prevailent enough too change the world.

no religion is.

humans as one must change.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
===============================

You don't need to be a card carrying member of the Church of Conspirology to see a pattern here.

Public opinion is not based on objective analysis and intellectual honesty. It is molded by propaganda, the illusionary need to be part of a larger group, and fear.

It doesn't matter how righteous or noble the ideals of Anon. It can still be twisted.

Let's not forget the "Masked Anarchists" from previous peaceful protests.

Seattle 1999 -- youtube.com... -- (search 'anarchist protest' to find more)

These "anarchists" are not part of the original movement and cannot be controlled by the peaceful protesters.

However, they are seen by the media and thus the general public, as part of the original movement.

There is one main thing about the Internet that makes it difficult for 'offishuls' (according to them) to track down terrorists.

Anonymity.

And this anti-Co$ group just so happens to be named...

Anonymous.

The supposed plan is not to shut off the Internet, per se. The supposed plan is to migrate to Internet 2.0.

Once all business and government assets are on "Internet v2.0" then the individual migration can occur.

All individual users will most likely need to apply to a regulated government agency for Internet access making internet anonymity a thing of the past.

At such point, where all 'normal' internet transactions can take place on "2.0", the IPv4 can be legacied.

This is not some wild-eyed paranoid delusion. They are telling us what they want to do.

Former FBI Agent Calls for a Second Internet
slashdot.org.../02/27/2310247

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an "enemy weapons system"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pentagon: Internet Is 'Enemy Weapons System'

U.S. Military wants control of the Internet

FOX says Internet being used more and more by Al Qaeda

NSA Granted Patent: Can Now Locate Anyone on Internet

IBM To Build Computer to Run the Entire Internet

Researchers explore scrapping Internet

...and other "internet control" themed news.

The whole Anonymous uproar is very timely considering the increased chatter of internet control.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arm Of Geddon

I tried to follow the slash dot link but it didn't work.

Anyways, for your other points:

First is the name Anonymous. We need to remember that in some boards you do not need a account, or a name. You post as "Anonymous" as default. Thats it. Thats the joke. Its not some cryptic meaning.

The Scientology people think that anon is part of a alien fleet. It just so happens that the aliens wear suits, ties, and fedora hats. Guess what anons symbol is? Its a man in a suit and tie, often with a fedora hat! ZOMG! Anon's symbol is far older then any whispers of Scientology, so it was not done on purpose.

About internet 2.0, I was under the impression that we were using 2.0 now. It is not a change of software of anything, but how its used. The 2.0 is suppose to mean that the internet is now consumer driven, with all or most content created by the consumer, for the consumer. I could be wrong.

Also, we should expect real terrorists to use the internet, thats totally obvious. We should also expect the government to monitor actions here.

The idea that the government, or world governments, or whatever power, is trying to create a new and less "wild west" version of the internet is not totally impossible. The criticism to that would be that the new internet would devolve into the old wild west all over again.

People will always find ways around traces or whatever technology is used to rid the world of anonymous people. Hackers and such will always find a way past it, internet 1.0 or 2.0.

Lastly I want to say that the "masked Anarchists". This is a major problem, and I have no good solution except to hope anon remembers to self police, and call out people who step over the line. We need to remember that anon hates itself, and has no loyalty. It is not afraid to distance itself from rogues.

Now, the idea that there may be a massive amount of people acting to create violence is also a possibility, and currently I do not think that there is a way to stop it from happening. The only condolence I can offer is that I think its better we do something other then nothing. If this plan to create internet 2.0 is true, then even if anon were to stop now, another front group would be created and it will go on as planned. Sure, it may suck to play into their hand, but as of right now there is not much you can do, except maybe provide information to people.

If you want to talk to real anons, I would ask you to Google around. I am sure they would be happy to learn about the Seattle WTO protests, and maybe you can provide ways to help keep that thing from happening (other then saying to stop all together, they will just call you plant if you do that).

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
It doesn't matter how righteous or noble the ideals of Anon. It can still be twisted.

Zero out of three. Anon does not have common ideals. And it cannot be twisted. If you think it can, I would ask you to demonstrate this for us.

Let's not forget the "Masked Anarchists" from previous peaceful protests.

Ah. You are talking about real-life protests. Well, that is not really an anonymous affair.

There is one main thing about the Internet that makes it difficult for 'offishuls' (according to them) to track down terrorists.

Anonymity.

And this anti-Co$ group just so happens to be named...

Anonymous.

Anonymity also makes it very difficult to apply social pressure. Agents provocateur fail. Repeatedly. Spectacularly. Hilariously. Demonstrably. And that is the beauty of Anonymous. The etymology of Anonymous derives from the default appellation of posters on a particular kind of forum software, and has little to nothing to do with the meanderings presented above.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
forums.enturbulation.org...

this is an interesting topic that shows our decision makeing process fairly well, someone posts about a news story that will be favorable to the CoS suggesting that we should try and find a way to kill the story, almost immediately the idea is shot down as going against freedom of speech, the plan is killed/shifted to trying to get the story to include some anti-CoS material out of fairness.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

But to pursue it further here would, unfortunately, be likely to also drift from the topic.

No problem.
It was bugging me since I had seen the original video this morning.
And then when I saw the spoof, it finalized my concerns that it wasn't
my imagination, Tom had just said on a video, that he dreamt of a world
in which there were no SPs. since we already know from past history
that people cannot be forced into a particular religious belief, we know
also that what he was promoting, happily, was genocide on a global
scale.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous13

Holy cow you have a way with words. I say a lot of things that have no substance, and you say a little thats just gushing with it.

Its fricken late over here, so I will be going to bed. Tomarro I will check this thread out again and see if anything develops. If you have questions feel free to send me a PM if this forum has them, and I will try to answer them.

I find this place interesting in a strange sort of way so ill probably stick around and lurk/post every now and again in any thread that catches my eye.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
well, at least we managed to convey our purpose to one person over here

btw I found the quote
www.xenu.net...

"The sudden and abrupt deletion of all individuals occupying the lower bands of the Tone Scale from the social order would result in an almost instant rise in the cultural tone and would interrupt the dwindling spiral into which any society may have entered."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 170

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
For the slashdot article...

Link

Originally posted by sampling
You post as "Anonymous" as default. Thats it. Thats the joke. Its not some cryptic meaning.

I get the 'joke' and understand the situation. But it has nothing to do with public opinion.

Originally posted by sampling
About internet 2.0...It is not a change of software of anything, but how its used.

"Internet2 or UCAID (University Corporation for Advanced Internet Development) is a non-profit consortium which develops and deploys advanced network applications and technologies..." Link

All I'm doing is pointing out a few more things that are related to the general idea that anonymous could be used for purposes other than what is intended. Even at this very moment if there was never another action from anonymous, the media could put together some graphics, old video footage, and soundbites that would make anonymous look like the next terrorist group. It doesn't matter what's been done, what's intended, the non-structure of anonymous, the lack of leadership, or anything else.

So yea, there's really no way to say how it all will turn out. But it would be irresponsible of people not to point out the potential pitfalls. I can't speak for others but I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from doing what they feel is morally necessary. I'm only giving a few more points to ponder.

Anon does not have common ideals. And it cannot be twisted.

We wouldn't have this thread if anonymous didn't have at least one common ideal (aka stop the alleged abuses by Co$).

The second sentence is opinion and I would also label it as wishful thinking. To absolutely believe that the direction of a bunch of people cannot be steered is just willful blindness. The possibility exists and has many examples in history.

Ah. You are talking about real-life protests. Well, that is not really an anonymous affair.

I just watched a video of an "Anonymous" protest. Unless CGI has taken some quantum leaps I do believe it was real-life.

....The etymology of Anonymous derives from the default appellation of posters on a particular kind of forum software, and has little to nothing to do with the meanderings presented above.

Public perception is the main thrust of the point about the word 'anonymous'. You are correct though that the etymology has nothing to do with what I stated. So I'm wondering why you would think that I would lay out a non-sequitur as a valid point.

It would be a simple task for the media to use the name as a means of molding public perception against the non-group known as "Anonymous". Public perception is geared to the lowest common denominator.

You seem to be forgetting that no one is truly anonymous. You may be anonymous to me because I don't have the technology to find you. But the technology is out there. They told us they have it.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 3/1/2008 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
*redundant*

[edit on 1-3-2008 by helatrobus]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I was not insinuating anything illegal. I just wanted to point out that this is exactly how anon works.

A plan already in action (that i cant find now for some reason *tin foil hat*) is to make being a scilon non fashionable. The idea is to make being a sci look bad, then celebs will drop out or not join because it could ruin their careers. I guess its kind of like a meta goal.

I in fact welcome the criticism of anon. Without it there would be no way to keep the movement in check. We can not, as citizens, leave it to its own devises now that it is known how powerful it has become. So, I welcome your theory on how this whole thing came together, even the weird ones. In brain storming there is a rule that you do not censor yourself, and that there are no bad ideas. So brain storm away, who knows, I would be happy to be proven wrong! (and then expect a paycheck)

Oh crap, how did you know?! Its a good thing I have my fedora with tin foil innards, or you could have posted my thoughts!

I can't understand what you are talking about.

You sound like Ron Hubbard.

Re-check your words.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
My message to Tom Cruise!
And I hope he gets it!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join