It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked images of Nibiru orbited by Planet X taken by South Pole Station Telescope

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiblicalBeliever
As for proof of what I claim, look it up, I'm not your momma... stop flamin and start reading.

Making wild claims and not backing them up with evidence and telling someone to 'go look it up' is not how it's done here at ATS

Sounds to me like you HAVE no evidence to back your claim...

:shk:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BiblicalBeliever

problem is, the entire idea was popularized by Sitchin, so any offshoots on the subject, are likely to have been derived, originally, from Sitchin. which is why zorgon says, sitchin this and sitchin that because it's the foundational argument for the existence of nibiru, which was actually a name for jupiter when it was at a certain location in the sky. jupiter had several names, one of which was nibiru.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiblicalBeliever
As for proof of what I claim, look it up, I'm not your momma... stop flamin and start reading.

In the world of business, we would call that "being hot headed". It is a certain way to discredit yourself. Funny thing is, it is also a way to discredit yourself on this forum. You seem to be new here, so i will chalk it up to you being a newbie. Read the TAC for the site. Save yourself the headache's up front by familiarizing yourself with the environment you are posting in.

Regarding asking Zorgon to stop "flaming" and start reading, you really should research him a little further. He is likely the most prodigous researcher I have known. Rest assured, he reads. However (and I can speak from my own personal experience, as i am the same), he doesn't have time to replicate your research. If you have done it, provide it. We all have provided the fruits of our research, at a great cost of time and effort. There is no points to be gained by telling others to "look it up"...it comes across as lazy and, once again, discredits you.

Undo is correct in her assessment: Nibiru is a Sitchin born concept, and therefore any concept containing Nibiru comes from Sitchin.

now, maybe Sitchin is right, but it isn't because of his research (and would amount to the mother of all lucky guesses). If that is so, then your theory holds water.

You seem young. Spend some more time hitting the books before you start to buy into anything. No need to end up looking foolish needlessly.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I've heard it will be visible in 09... Just have to wait and see because nobody is really telling us anything about this...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

I think alot of people are telling us it is not real. Yup, peaple are telling us about this. Another way to know is to do some research yourself. Hint: check your sources.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am still skeptical about this conspiracy! How do we know that it is going to collide? I mean we have no evidence of the exact co-ordinates just stories by the ancients or what ever.

There have been many conspiracies about the world ending amongst other things and i like to keep an open mind!

I have researched about it before and to me it sounds a bit too farfetched.

If you have some real evidence then i will be inclined to listen!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
To me, it is not whether or not it is real that i find intriguing. I have found it to be quite a bit of fun to contemplate how such a body could not display the gravitational effects that one would expect.

Yes, it's a "wait and see" type of game. I think, however, that we will watch our world fall apart around us instead.

Maybe i will move to Australia? It is a lot like Texas.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
I am still skeptical about this conspiracy! How do we know that it is going to collide?

How do we know that a non existent planet will collide with earth?

dunno.

But according to the fluffy pink bunnies who run the fast food outlets on the Moon, Nibiru is 1400ft wide and made of rubber. And until someone proves otherwise, that's what I believe

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The one thing no one asks is why build a telescope THERE of all places? It's just a might bit chilly for night time viewing, no? www.connectsavannah.com...

Why build a telescope in weather that is regularly 50 degrees below zero?

Why build a telescope in a location that can only see the southern sky?

Why go to all the trouble of supporting a telescope in a place where every single thing has to be flown in on plane, or shipped then transported by (basically) snowmobiles/dogsled?

If there is no truth to this, why the telescope? Surely there are easier places to build (such as the top of mountains), rather than in the antarctic.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The one thing no one asks is why build a telescope THERE of all places?

High altitude, cleanest air on the planet, lack of light pollution from nearby civilisation. Not to mention the nights that last for months at a time

The largest ever neutrino detector is also under construction there and it's called Project Icecube. The North pole isn't exactly suitable being unstable due to the lack of actual ground foundations.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The one thing no one asks is why build a telescope THERE of all places?

High altitude, cleanest air on the planet, lack of light pollution from nearby civilisation. Not to mention the nights that last for months at a time

The largest ever neutrino detector is also under construction there and it's called Project Icecube. The North pole isn't exactly suitable being unstable due to the lack of actual ground foundations.

Antarctica is about 2 km above sea level. By comparison "The snow line of the Rocky Mountains of the United States is about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) above sea level." reference.howstuffworks.com... Seems much easier to build in the Rockies, than in the south pole, and you get another kilometer up as an added bonus. Not to mention that you can just build a ROAD there.

How about that "clean air"? Clean air means more than "lack of pollutants" when in the context of a telescope. From www.antarcticconnection.com...

...At Antarctic research stations outside activities are directly dependent upon weather conditions, which are divided into three different categories, based on the level of severity. Even at a permanent base, people don't venture outside for any reason during the most severe conditions, such as wind chills below -120°F or during a blizzard, when blowing snow obscures visibility so much that the next building over becomes invisible!.

Although, it does say antarctica at the pole has the most consistently clear weather.

Granted it is dark 6 months out of the year, but that is also when it is the coldest. And telescopes have to be uncovered to work, no? It seems like you would be able to use a telescope located in the rockies EVERY clear night, but the cold would prevent the telescope in the antarctic from being utilized at least partially during the 6 dark months. Let's also not forget that it is also ALWAYS LIGHT for 6 months out of the year.

I haven't even looked at the wind chill factors, but the wind is usually 10-25 mph at the south pole.

Let's not forget that in part of the rockies, you are pretty isolated. And why the south pole? Why not the northern hemisphere? You could place this same telescope in northern Alaska, and it would be accessible by ice roads for 6 months out of the year (the same 6 months it would be mostly dark). Seems to me, from a pure logistics approach, the benefits of an Alaska install would heavily outweigh a south pole install.

Add this all together, and something doesn't make sense in terms of money, time, danger to life, and viewing conditions to warrant a telescope in the south pole.

One other thing: What an amazing coincidence that they happen to put this telescope at the southern-most point on earth, when the "nibiru" people have been saying for years and years that it was going to approach earth from the south pole. Yes, coincidence indeed.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by sir_chancealot]

[edit on 29-4-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

It's not an optic telescope, it's a microwave telescope that may have later an optical component.

Its sensors work at almost absolute zero to reduce electrical noise.

Also, the cold weather keeps the water vapour level very low, and as water vapour blocks microwaves a very cold and dry place is the best for such a telescope.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
But according to the fluffy pink bunnies who run the fast food outlets on the Moon, Nibiru is 1400ft wide and made of rubber. And until someone proves otherwise, that's what I believe

So will you honor that 1.000.00 reward?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It would be pretty simple to produce those images in photoshop. Also as for the other pics most of them can be explained as lens flares or known planets.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That video link doesn't work for me

But are you daring to suggest the fluffy pink bunnies have lied to me?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
That video link doesn't work for me

oops--- fixed!

But are you daring to suggest the fluffy pink bunnies have lied to me?

No no... unless you have been mean to them lately (according to my daughter
)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I love reading these kinds of threads and seeing all the different theories about Nibiru & Planet X. I thought those two were the same? Anyways I just know if it is the real deal then why panic? There's nothing we can do about it. We can't go out in space and stop it or redirect it. I'm just gonna sit back, take care of my family and wait. If it does show up in a couple years or so then it's gonna be a site to see.
But until then I can't believe it til I see it with my own eyes.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So would that make us a binary solar system? Or is this 2 solar systems that revolve around one another? Nibiru is a brown dwarf? Couldnt cut it as a sun huh!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Nibiru & Planet X. I thought those two were the same?

No Planet X was originally coined by Percival Lowell as simply another planet in our solar system...

Percival Lowell, most well known as a proponent for canals on Mars, built a private observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. Lowell called his hypothetical planet Planet X, and performed several searches for it, without success. Lowell's first search for Planet X came to an end in 1909, but in 1913 he started a second search, with a new prediction of Planet X: epoch 1850-01-01, mean long 11.67 deg, perih. long 186, eccentricity 0.228, mean dist 47.5 a.u. long arc node 110.99 deg, inclination 7.30 deg, mass 1/21000 solar masses. Lowell and others searched in vain for this Planet X in 1913-1915. In 1915, Lowell published his theoretical results of Planet X. It is ironical that this very same year, 1915, two faint images of Pluto was recorded at Lowell observatory, although they were never recognized as such until after the discovery of Pluto (1930). Lowell's failure of finding Planet X was his greatest disappointment in life. He didn't spend much time looking for Planet X during the last two years of his life. Lowell died in 1916.

Nibiru was 'invented' by Sitchin to make a buck... and has become almost a cult religion now...

Anyways I just know if it is the real deal then why panic? There's nothing we can do about it. We can't go out in space and stop it or redirect it.

Well I am not to sure that the powers that be agree with that... I think we have enough 'power' to at least make a try... IF it were real

Panic? whose panicking? I have all the preparations possible... just in case
May not do any good, but it's better than being caught empty handed

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickboy1313
So would that make us a binary solar system? Or is this 2 solar systems that revolve around one another? Nibiru is a brown dwarf? Couldnt cut it as a sun huh!

If a Brown Dwarf with a large planet is indeed orbiting our sun, yup a binary system...

There is research out there that our solar system may be an 'intruder' into the Milky Way and that we are part of the Sagittarius galaxy currently colliding with the Milky way... this would certainly explain our 'bobbing' in and out of the rim

en.wikipedia.org...

So IF there is a Nibiru perhaps WE are the destroyer moving in on it

The really cool thing about this is if I am right and there is no Nibiru I get to say "I told you so" Christmas Day 2012... if I am wrong and Nibiru wipes us out, well I won't have to worry about egg on my face

I wonder why no one has yet tied this in with the "Second Coming of Christ"

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join