It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I feel that way as well. Though I would surmise that pretty much everybody feels this way during a portion of their life, regardless of the times... probably more instinctive then anything else.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I`ve been waiting for something for almost ten years, every month, every week and everyday, seems like I`m about to loose my mind.:bash:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Oh geez... add my name to the list. (and check out my name while you are at it.) I have had this feeling ever since I can remember. Some days are worse than others. Like tonight... thats why I'm here. I'm pacing the floors, going out for a smoke... I just don't know what to do. Seeing all of you that feel the same thing doesn't give me relief... it make it worse. It makes me feel weird. I just want to scream COME ON ALREADY, GIVE ME THE ANSWERS!!!

Oh, and when I was a young child i had recurring dreams of what you call "shadow people". It was a dark shadow guy with a cape and hat trying to get into my grandmothers house. I was the only one who saw him. Haven't had the dream as an adult though....

Okay, I will go back and finish the tread now.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Now that I have finished the thread I would like to add a few things....

About a year ago, before I was on this site I had a dream that my family (grandparents, mom, sister etc) and I were at my grandparents house (which is in the middle of the country and around no one) and there were people charging it. I told my gpa to get the guns and I told someone else to get all of the water. I had a baby carriage that I was pushing and I told them to hide the water in the carriage because people would try to steal it. Then we took off out the back door and over the fence. I woke up after that.

My recurring dream that I have the most is about a large house. The house is sometimes mine and sometimes I'm just visiting it but it always has strange powers and entities. I really can't go into details because you know how dreams are so weird that there are no words to describe them. anyway, there is usually an elevator that takes you up to some evil/scary stuff.

I also have recurring dreams about falling elevators (that I'm in) and tornadoes.

Oh, and I'm 31.

I would like to play connect the dots too.... can everyone that is having this feeling give some info about yourself that is different from the norm, something that you, nor doctors have been able to explain...

here are some of mine...

- I have recurring miscarriages. I have had 9 that I know of.

- One of my pupils is larger than the other.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i've had that feeling for as long as i can remember! and i never really understood what it was until now. this is quite a personal thing, and it should be for everyone. we all have a shot at life, and though we should try and live by the law of the land, we musn't feel constricted by it and neither should it constrict us. fortunately, since i live in the UK, i have the opportunity to explore what i want to do and go forth. this will not be an easy journey, but now i understand my path a little more, and i hope that everyone still 'waiting', wont wait for much longer.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

Oh, and when I was a young child i had recurring dreams of what you call "shadow people". It was a dark shadow guy with a cape and hat trying to get into my grandmothers house. I was the only one who saw him. Haven't had the dream as an adult though....

This may or may not help at all, but I am going to post a little something, a thought process that came to me when considering "evil" and "darkness." The way it came to me was "Vampires" because a person had been asking me how, if everything is ONE, there could be evil, shadow people, or Vampires.

The Vampire

What is it that is dead, (constructed of memories of the past) but appears to be living?

What is it that desires to remain "alive" forever? (Fears change/transformation?)

What is it that must consume the Innocent, the Living (The Self, The Now) to stay "alive"?

What can only travel and act in the Darkness? (unconsciousness)

What is it that must be invited in, (accepted) before it can cross into our Home? (Life)

What charms and seduces the Living (The Self) into compliance?

What can shift its shape or hide cleverly to escape detection?

What fears and flees from all that is true Spirituality?

What cannot see its own reflection in the Mirror? What has no Self to reflect?

What is burned up and destroyed when exposed to the Light? (Of Awareness?)

What is it that must be dissipated, "killed," before those it has fed upon can be made whole?

Isnt it the Ego?

I tend to think that these "shadow people" or night terrors, are trying to show us that our idea of who we are, our Ego or Identity, causes problems, fear, and separates us from who we really are, our Core Self. And that the collective "identity" or Ego is the source of "evil" in the world. How do you get rid of a Shadow? You cant kill it, there is nothing there to kill. You turn on the "light" and the "light" is Awareness, Consciousness. When you do that, it vanishes. I think what we are building towards, waiting for, is the light to come on.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
maybe its just death.
we all know its gonna happen, but not when. so we are forced to wait.

I have the same feeling, and I know its just my physical death.

Its everything I've ever done in this lifetime or another pulling at my consciousness from beyond the grips of physical reality.

I know because that feeling goes away when I meditate, and it only returns when I return.

maybe its consciousness tearing away at ego, hoping for you to see your SELF?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
one thing ive noticed is with people who have this feeling of waiting for something almost 90% of them have had "shadow people" encounters

do all of you have that same experience?

if so what?

I was just about to ask if the feeling of waiting for something and The Shadow People were related!

I only recall seeing one cloaked like, short Shadow Person as a teen at the end of my bed!

I named the figure that I saw a shadow ghost, until I made friends with this guy, and he asked me, if I knew what Shadow people were, and then I started reading on them, this past year!

I have also had this feeling of anxiously waiting for something to come to me...not to mention the feeling of being watched!

(I am still wondering, what my purpose on this planet is for?)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I came across this thread by accident and it immediately drew me in. I am not sure if all of what I want to say pertains to this topic exactly but here goes. Ever since I was a child I knew that I was on this earth to serve a purpose of some sort!! It wasn't a feeling of grandeur or anything like that. Just that there was something!! My mother has always said that she had felt the same way about one of her children. The feeling went away shortly after I was married and my children were born. About the time that feeling went away I started to have an extremely strong feeling that I would be dead by the time I reached thirty five. Now five years later I am still here and wondering why I felt so certain it was going to happen!! I say this because I am curious if anyone else has had a feeling of death as strongly as I did??!! I have always been what I classify as a little somewhat psychic. As a child I always had dreams that would come true. There were even times that I was able to change the outcome of the dream from the way it was "shown" to me. Also as a child I had feelings like when I would jump, it felt as if I could jump for yards at a time, even though I actually couldn't, but it felt that way. And there was also this feeling of "television static" is the only way I can really put it. I mention this because I am curious to know if anyone else has felt that way??Although it went away sometime around adolesence, it has come back from time to time within the last year. I can go on and on here but that will continue after I see what others think for now.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bretmav67

the televesion static I get still. I don't understand why. Sometimes I think it's just a blood pressure issue, but I'm not sure...

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by acegotflows

You really think so?? Usually when it happens to me I also get this "sensation" in my mouth that is extremely difficult to explain just how/what it feels like!! Almost like I have had something metallic in my mouth, and it feels as if..... I can't really explain it!! The thing is my son has the same feelings and sensations I have found out.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good to know others share my feelings of something big coming along very soon.

For a good few years I've known there was more going on than we were told about but only recently began to get closer to the truth.

I'm 20, still living at home unfortunately, with parents and a brother who think I'm stupid, ignorant, nuts or all three. They tell me to read the newspaper and watch the news, but I don't see the point. I just know it's all propaganda and not factual. I can feel that something isn't right and I really hope I can find out what in time.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
maybe its just death.

maybe its consciousness tearing away at ego, hoping for you to see your SELF?

I think it IS consciousness tearing at the ego, and I think that feeling that so many have had the "I am going to die soon" or at a specific age, etc. Is the ego fearing its dissolution. I think it is the death of "I." "I" being our mind generated identity, not our SELF, the consciousness that we really are.

And to the person with the jumping feelings, I have dreams where I crouch down and "bounce" up and can just sort of "suspend" gravity to linger there. It is a great feeling. I really resonated with a lot of your post. Deja vu that I know I can change, and it feels like "practice" to stop a scenario I see unfolding, or alter it a little by changing my reaction.

I know this sounds weird, but quite frankly I am looking forward to the "death" of my identity. (Not a physical one, but while alive) I wish it for me and for everyone. What we REALLY are is so much more powerful, fearless, amazing. Our "minds" or identities limit us, and keep us in bondage to a set of rules created by it. I have moments of "freedom" but for me, the battle is fierce, and sometimes I can physically feel it in my chest, the "idea of me" that will not let go, and my Self, waking up, moving, trying to dispel the "dream."

This really is a fantastic thread. Like so many of you point out, it feels odd to feel this way, and have it be so certain and so real while so many around you are still sound asleep. Not bad, just not waking up yet. Walking in a complete daze. I myself am not "fully awake." I know I am not, and I think some are much more awake than I, to them I must look like the sleepwalker. What this stage feels like to me is that part of a dream, when you are waking up and you know you are having a dream, but you are still "in" it, too.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was exited to stumble across this thread. I am 28 and have felt the exact same way since I was about 13. Seeing how there were so many feeling the same way, I initially hoped that it meant it was something big we were meant to witness, but then I began to think that it is likely a common phenomenon and is just something to motivate us. It would very likely be, as one post suggest, that the big event we are waiting for is death. I'm not sure how I feel about this now. I would like to believe my first reaction, but experience is pushing me towards the later.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Wolf321]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

WOW! I started reading this whole thread, and like many other threads about "waiting for something" or ascention, I could relate to almost everyones elses posts, but this is so eerie, I have to comment. I've had almost the exact same reoccuring dream a year or so ago. On a beach, loud sirens, people all rushing to the water, a bright lights in the sky, and it's over. I dont live near the beach though, strange thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've also had this "waiting" feeling. I tried to put it down to me being in a statick job and wanting a change,but I don't think that's it. It's been getting stronger too,almost like a weight/tightening on my chest,making me slightly short of breath.

C'est bizzare.

I suppose,if it's a waiting feeling,then we'll just have to wait until the time is right for us to do whatever it is we're going to do. What will be,will be.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
BTW, not sure if this is related but i had a smoking habit for about 10 years i just could not kick, no matter what, my stomach would just knot up everytime i tried and i would go back to the addiction within a few days. But two weeks i tried again and without ANY trouble whatsoever. I'm still baffled about it. Stopped drinking at weekdays too and have no problem being totally sober when i get to sleep ( did not have that for a long time ) It's like i found my restingpoint within me where i thought it would be gone forever. So if anyone has some kind of addiction he/she want's to kick maybe this is the time to do it. Who know?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
and my mate's just bought me back 200 fags to smoke. But then,I did tell myself that I'd give up when they're gone. So maybe....watch this space.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The hair on the back of my neck rose when I saw this post. There's not really too much that does, and can't remember the last time it happen. I've attempted to read all the posts but just decided to stop and let you guys know a little about me which will be in tune with this thread.

Yes, I've had the same feeling!!! When? hmmm, trying to think, I'd say 3rs, but with increasing intensity to scouring the web litterly for hours...looking for...something that will connect the 'dots' for me. To the point where my wife asked just las week,
"Honey, what are you looking for? It's like you've dropped all your gaming and TV time alot and spend hours on YouTube and web surfing for hours, like your looking for something with such intensity." I looked at her and said, "I am looking, but not sure what it is i'm looking for...it's like living out in RL in the damm The Matrix, you're not sure what it is your looking for, but it's out there, and you KNOW it is."

I've was a pastor for a short time, and associate pastor for 2+ years. I haven't pastored since (1990(ish) I've had ALOT of end time dreams, 90% of those that post on here I don't think could handle them if I posted them. Sheer Apocalyptic! I've been used my God to tell people things they've never told any one else, for example. I sit down at a restaurant, I get filled with the feeling of 'Wait unitll the Lady sitting at the table who looks like she's been crying for hours, siiting with the brunette friend, that only with ME, she can do the impossible." I've NEVER seen this woman before. I look, there she is. I wait, I stand up, walk over and say" Hi, sorry to disturb you and interupt your convo' but, I need to tell you that with God, you and Him make a majority and there isn't anything that isn't impossible WITH God"

Her mouth dropped open and she started to cry, and about broke my neck from hugging me. 3 days later, my brother walks into the same local restaurant and gets mobbed by a lady that asks him.."WHERE IS HE!?" My brother steps back and says.."who?!" Lady: "that guy that was with you that came and told me that with God all things are possible"...My Brother: "oh ..he's at work.." Lady: *begins to wipe the river of tears*....Can you tell him that my 16 year old daughter ran away the day he spoke to me, and I had no idea where she went, but..came home that night and said."Mom, something/one told me to return" Lady: ...and here she is standing next to me."

What does that have to do with the topic, even though I've had multiple instances like this, I still have this same feeling as you all have. I dont pray about it because I don't feel like I 'need' to. But, it's really bugging me! Yes, I believe Jesus will return, but not before chaos happens, for the end is not yet. I do believe the dead in Christ will rise FIRST and THEN we who are left will be caught up with Him in the air. However, I've had multiple dreams of aliens visiting me, one of which circled at house I was in 3x before landing. the craft wasn't saucer shaped but more of a plane type. The 'alien' stepped out, he was about 8' tall, almost looked like guy wearing the crysis suit in the PC vid game...

Originally posted by universalconsciousness
I dont normally start threads or post very often as i like to just observe other peoples comments/thougts.

I have decided to post this finally after many years wondering what I am waiting for.

I am 27 now and have felt this way for atleast the last 15+ years, way before i started using the internet and searching sites like this one.

I do not know what it is yet but for as long as i can remember I have always felt that something wasn't right and that I was waiting for something to happen, a major change to the world? or to way of life in general?, i'm not sure, there is just something inside me that tells me that in my lifetime I will see a major change.

Are there other people on here that have felt this for some time???

your thoughts please [/quote

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spotnick

HMmm. If you two are having the same dream, I wonder if you live in close geographic proximity. That would be interesting to know. Cause if you do......
scary. And if you do, post on the boards where (generally) that is so I can avoid it. :p

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join