It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I can't believe I didn't find this thread sooner. I have told all of my friends that I have a constant expectation.

When I drive home at night, I watch the sky expecting to see a UFO. And during the day, I always seem to be expecting an explosion- lot's of wind, noise, and a huge mushroom cloud. But I don't think this is exactly on point.

I KNOW something is about to happen. When I was a Christian, I thought it was the rapture. But I'm not anymore, and it's still present. Like something very big is building up. If we had the ability, I think we could merely peek around the corner, and gasp in amazement of this thing being so close.

One thing is for sure: It will happen soon. The reason why the age gap is so broad is because we are creatures of time, but in reality, time is pretty much meaningless. It seems like it's been an eternity, yet in all reality, it's only been a short wait.

And regarding those of you who say you feel like you "chose" to be here in this time. I would believe it. In all truth, this will be the most exciting time ever.

And I also think that we will be getting more visitors as the time draws even closer...

[edit on 03/30/2008 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A lot of this topic rings true with me. I feel like I'm also waiting for something. But I dont think its going to be good or pleasant. I dont know what it is though but I suspect war, as I have recurring nightmares about nuclear war. Or maybe I have just watched Terminator 2 and Battlestar Galactica too many times.

I also have recurring nightmares about dogs attacking me. I have had sleep paralysis a few times but never experienced any shadow people as far as im aware.

I dont really know what my purpose on earth is. I live a relatively secluded life. I am a relatively successful musician, I make little to no money from it but it gets out and people like it. I dont have a family of my own, and although I do want one something is holding me back from having one.

Heres my take on what is possibly happening, based on reading this topic, and other things.

Firstly, to quote Slartibartfast "its just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe has that" I agree with the poster who suggested its genetic - a survival mechanism - that some people are prepared for bad things.

Secondly, Maybe what we are waiting for is there in plain sight. But we are blinded to it. This is the most likely explanation IMO. The high-pitched noise people mention could be related to this, maybe some sort of device is emitting waves that interfere with our brains, and effectively blind us to certain things. I totally believe this is possible. I read elsewhere that we have DNA that is currently unused or unknown. Its possible that its being purposely prevented from (re)activating. This planet is run by evil people who's only goal is ultimate power and control.

Thirdly, Its just anxiety caused by information overload and our brains are trying to make what they can of it. I dont have a television any more.

I'd love to know whats going on. All my life I've had a feeling im imprisoned here, and need to get out. I dont know if I ever will find out, and if I did, what would I do then?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What you are patiently awaiting is the new world government described in the bible. You are waiting for a special leader who will take the planet 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

Rejoice the end times and the restoration of gods creation is at hand. The messiah has come in the flesh to save the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jake99
What you are patiently awaiting is the new world government described in the bible. You are waiting for a special leader who will take the planet 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

Rejoice the end times and the restoration of gods creation is at hand. The messiah has come in the flesh to save the world.

Ah ok! thanks for clearing that up!

But personally i'm not so sure, waiting for a messias opens you up for deception.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake99

Rejoice the end times and the restoration of gods creation is at hand.The messiah has come in the flesh to save the world.

Um, fill us in, would'ya? Who, exactly, is the messiah?

To everyone else... I think what we are waiting for is going to be turbulent times. More and more I feel the need for self-reliance and the need for "stocking up". Personally, I have not felt that the US could dsustain the upside-down economy for much longer... look at what is happening in the finance world... fuel... food... and jobs... I studied wildlife biology in college and anytime I try to think about what is going on I think of population ecology. It can't last.

Perhaps we will explode as a nation... civil war/revolution, whatever. Maybe China will decide to "collect". Scary... very scary.

So far... I have learned to darn socks (woo-hoo) and we are planning a BIG garden and LOTS of canning... never done it, but gonna now. Thankfully I have lots of farmer-clients to give me advice and my parents are skilled in canning.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Just a thought... what does everyone think about this theory? (and it could be said to be kinda far out there)

What if all of us here have been part of something big in a previous cycle? Perhaps heroes who fought to conquer this battle once before, but lost? So we go again. And again if need be. Or maybe it is just simply that... our past lives connecting with the present, and we are aware of the energy in the air that something we've faced before is coming again... and soon.

Like I said, it's kinda out there, but isn't anything possible?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Heh, would be fun but i'd think it's more like wishfull thinking. But then again, who knows what anyone could have a different story for being here. I do remember having heard from someone who is adept at talking to her guides and such that the coming period will indeed be interesting and souls have been incarnating just to experience it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Makes sense. We're along the same lines. That people are CHOOSING to be here at this time. Odd thing is, we don't remember making the choice. Which makes it that much more interesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Talk about out-there, try this one:

ok, gonna get religious for a sec... or spirtiual... whatever

from a Christian standpoint... we've been waiting for Christ's return.

We've been waiting for things to get SO bad, that it is necessary for him to return and fix it.

When HE comes many may be taken. (some think UFO event, but I'M NOT going to drink the kool-aid :w: lol)

Many will be left. The GREAT tribulation (maybe societal collapse, planet X, meteor, WWIII, whatever it will be)

Maybe some of us chose or were chosen to be here for that time to help those who are left to make it through.

Just a feeling I have been getting lately.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

This goes along my original thought as a Christian. Perhaps it could be, so allow me to expand on something really quickly, however... I will again point out that I am not a Christian anymore.

According to the bible, the Tribulation will last for 7 years which will begin when the 7 year peace treaty is signed by Israel and it's enemies. So... I have pretty much always believed the rapture would take place in Sept./October of 2008. Or 2009. Then, 3 and a half years into the Trib. (the first 3 are peaceful), which would put it at 2012, a comet will hit. Plagues, a darkened moon, etc. (it's all in Revelations). Which would put the "Triumphant Return and reign of Christ at around 2016.

You would ask why I said this, but it's kinda simple really...

If you look up what type of destructive forces are predicted to take place in 2012, it all sounds a lot like the book of Revelations. Also, and though I don't believe in a lot of prophets, Benny Hinn once said that President Bush would be the last president. His term ends this year, and he will officially be out of office in 2009.

The sign to watch for is to see if Israel gets attacked by all of her surrounding neighbors, including Russia. And then amazingly, they are saved. Also, in this particular section of scripture, it says that Russia will turn on a country without walls, and it has been speculated by many theologians that we are that country. Everyone knows we are allies to Israel, so something happening to us would be the only reason we didn't step in to help.

So... you are feeling Nuclear War? Rapture? World War 3 in general... if this comes to pass, you wouldn't be far off.

But again.. I'm not a Christian anymore, so I don't really buy into this that much. I just thought I'd throw out another thought that I once had...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

If you haven't seen The Exodus Decoded, I think it is pretty interesting. visit: exodusdecoded.com... for info... compare what you find to the things mentioned in Revelations. Very interesting indeed.

I totally believe that revelations could be prophesizing either a comet/planet/meteor event, WWIII - nuclear, and/or and Earthly disruption: pole shift/flip, global warming/cooling, etc...

I try not to look at things to much as Christian or not. I try to think: spiritual or not. And if not spiritual, then at least the belief in something bigger than the self.

I believe anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by universalconsciousness
I dont normally start threads or post very often as i like to just observe other peoples comments/thougts.....
I have decided to post this finally after many years wondering what I am waiting for.

Are there other people on here that have felt this for some time???

your thoughts please

How accurate your description; I have felt like that for a good many years; I believe since I was like not even ten. The feelinjg is getting stronger too, as if we are nearing the moment.
I suggest you start reading/listening to Terence McKenna. He has soemthing to say about the future which I found I endorse.

I suspect there is an event in the future where we will be put 'to use', I have spoken to many people who feel like this. Most of the psychedelic community has this feeling. Too many people to ignore, I think.

Maybe its just the possible approach of Nibiru/planetX, maybe its something entirely different, who knows?

Maybe its the universal consciousness trying to draw the tribe together, as some people believe.

We can only wait, I guess.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

" A feeling like you are waiting for something??? "

Oh yeah, for quite some time. I think it's the Lord trying to wake up some people. Perhaps it's to let us know, that He is coming soon. I described it as a feeling that time was speeding up, that 24 hours felt shorter, but I couldn't describe it any better than that.

I think, He will even do more, as in lifting the veil off the eyes of many, who cannot see through the veil, but I can't prove it.

And I only say that, because it is written, that all things will be known, that what was once hidden will be known, and I only think that God has the power to do that. Only time will tell.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

I know i am going to sound like another "me too!", but I have had this feeling my whole life!!! I am 26 as of two days ago and i have been put on anti-depressants, and have had 4 shrinks, but my family just think that something is wrong with me. I know there isn't! its hard for me to focus on some things that i need to because i can't get rid of the feeling that most of the socially excepted things adults are supposed to do day to day seem unimportant to me despite my ambitions!!! messed up i know but i can't help feeling like i should be focusing on something else... what do the rest of yall think.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Odd hunger for strange in

OFF TOPIC, sorry! >> I certainly would not feel "stigmatized" if I were you. I suffer from major depression and am on meds too. It's OK. Depression is a physiological disorder. For a lot of people, it can be overcome with therapy and/or temperary medication. For some of us, well... we are lifers. I've suffered from major depression since the age 11/12. Unfortunately, I didn't pursue treatment until I was 25. I didn't pursue "talk" therapy until I was 27. I wish I'd done it sooner. Now, my brain physiology has been permanently "altered" (or so I am told) to require the meds. Seeing a psychologist really helped me get out of my own way. So, there is nothing "wrong" with you. diabetics take insulin, right?

DISCLAIMER!! I am in no way a licensed professional in the field of psychology. Just a fellow member. lol

ON TOPIC now >> Ok, yes. I get what you are feeling. I know my job is important, but I often (now) feel like there is something MORE important I should be doing and/or paying attention too.

For those who have followed... now that I've started worshiping with the new group, the anxiousness of "waiting" has died down a little. I am still absorbing info. I've learned to darn socks, going to learn how to sew and alter clothes and am putting in a big garden and am going to learn how to can. Oh, and how to make bread.

edited to add disclaimer

[edit on 23/4/08 by enigma77]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by universalconsciousness

I do not know what it is yet but for as long as i can remember I have always felt that something wasn't right and that I was waiting

Are there other people on here that have felt this for some time???

your thoughts please

hi all.

having posted on other forums, maybe I better begin to look here!

I, myself, have had numbers of vision dreams as to maybe WHY you all are waiting, and waiting...and waiting, is if the clock has past the Hour and ????? !

I was Told, in one vision dream, that "The end times/end of civilization *was* to have begun about 1996! But that spirit delayed this event.
Other psychics have seen this too.

we all were given EXTRA TIME, and in my own vision the reason was..."so that each of us can finish up our life works and grow our souls. So that more people are "up to speed" for heaven when they get there"

alas, our Time is about to run out!
in 2007 I had a dream where the "end of civilization in [at] three years", again the Warning was Given: finish up your karma NOW!!"

[the owner's manual says..." the wheat and the tares must grow to maturity before the tares, weeds, can be told apart from the wheat"
thus so so much growth possibility is now given to us all for growth upwards or downwards!

not long to wait.

freestone

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have had this feeling since i was about seven, I am twenty-one now so thats about fourteen years. And i know that others my age feel the same. Many of my friends but not all of them. And as this forum proves, age for this feeling is not important. Also location seems to be not important.

And I am sure I'm not only one to find the feeling annoying. Especially when you apply it to every day life. May be its just me but i have trouble with the idea that what I'm doing with my life is not right.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just adding my 2c worth. I'm 44 now and have had this feeling from a young age. 11:11 started popping up back in my teens and still does today. Psychic stuff used to dog me quite a bit when I was young but was something I consciously worked to close off when I was 20 or so (it's tough to run your own life when you are often reacting to stuff generated by others and events one can't control). Up until this time people used to get a little freaked when I answered questions they hadn't asked verbally, finished off sentences they had just started, warned them about silly stuff like watching for a toy on the floor, putting the dog in, etc. Made life a bit weird for everyone and wasn't a terrible useful skill so best to leave it behind.

I've felt since I was quite young that things would become increasing difficult worldwide starting in 2007. The stuff that happened last year and this feel like what I've expected. It feels like the beginning of a slow crash that will accelerate to a fast one. I don't feel that what is on the other side of it is a "spiritual awakening" or anything so profound. It feels like there will be some very chaotic times ahead that are unlike anything the world has seen. It's not the end of human beings or a "rapture" - no UFO's or shadow folks in anything I've ever tuned into. Just very chaotic and rough times that will reset the world of human kind to a new level we weren't expecting nor were prepared for.

It's not terribly uplifting knowledge/feelings to have but it's good to know I have company

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What if this "feeling" is just a natural one and is NORMAL. Something all of us go through to some degree and at some point or points in our lives.

I wonder how many posters have come to this thread seeking explanations for some of their own perceptive but unapparent "happenings" , "voids" or "somethings". I wonder how many of us are saying "So it's not just me then, I was right all along....but I still don't know what it is!"

Maybe it's all part of being human, pushing our inner mental bounderies way beyond what we can easily understand in an instant or define from conversations and available information, percieving only possibilities. Isn't this how we learn and discover, to create and to understand for ourselves, and thus gain our individuality and humanity? Maybe it's the ability for us to think illogically that causes this, something that NO machine will ever mimic.

How can anyone explain these seemingly out of reach things for us if we cannot even understand them ourselves?

Over time we grow, we learn, we understand but we never catch up with the uncatchable inner mind. I'm glad, life would be boring and the "mind" would become dull.

Without the answers to some of our really BIG questions, especially when young, there is just the wait.....and more questions.....and the voids. In reality, our imagination is WAY ahead of our REAL world even as "nippers". It HAS to be.

Welcome to the paradox of the human condition. We can never know enough about the answers and everyone dies with unanswered questions.

Life doesn't come with instructions.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have never posted here and will not after this. I stumbled onto this board and thought perhaps this is the right time for me. I have been having an unexplained uneasy feeling since January of 2005. As of the past two weeks things are really surging. I don't speak of this to anyone because I also sense a lack of trust or deception associated with this. I feel it in the wind, sense it in the skies and perceive it like a shadow. I don't see it in the faces of people. I am at the point to where it is practically smothering me. I am 49 years old and considered an Indigo. "Waiting" is a good term for this feeling but with an overwhelming sense of uneasiness. At times I thought that maybe I was overreacting to stress but realize now this is not the case. It is like a intensifying frequency, but now unabated. I precognitively believe that the cause is very close and the reason soon revealed. How close? Let me say, the appointment has been made and we're in the waiting room to be called. It is now time for the night watchman as we need to take turns staying awake while the rest of us sleep. Good luck and may God bless us all in our journey.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join