It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspices

Wow you are not alone...
End of last year I became completely engrossed with becoming totally self sufficient i.e. buying a small piece of land, building a small geodesic home, living off the grid using solar and wind, and starting my own hydroponics garden to live off of...

That is, if we have time to do any of it
but i guess it can't hurt to try, right?

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Numb2itall]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've had this feeling for a while now. I'm 16, but I can't remember when this first started.

I just really really feel that we're almost there. Whether it be doom or bliss, my anticipation is huge. It's like I can't wait for it to happen just so my feelings will be confirmed.

What I've been thinking the whole time reading this thread, and seeing that pretty much everyone has this feeling, are we all just worried or are we all really aware to this? Are we all meant to have this for a reason? We were all drawn to this site for a reason, so is there something bigger as well?

For me I feel like we're almost there, lets hope it's something good!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

I'm 25 now and I had that feeling since a little kid, now it's even more intense.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I feel days, weeks, months, all seams to pass faster as of late. A feeling time is harder to really "grasp" and "be part of". Almost like you are less in control. Dreams are at times more frequent and vivid. I get a sense that life, for everyone, and mankind as a whole, is more fragile than ever.

There is a weak but overhanging vague sense of sadness, coupled with relaxed feeling and acceptance of whatever may be unfolding. That there is nothing we can do about or for it, and whatever it is, it is only natural and right.

I must say I do not have an overly positive feeling about the future. Even if times here on earth may become better temporarily, I'm afraid our daily experiences and what we can perceive from our "reality" is not all there is to what matters.

There seams to be a deeper more darker side to what reality really is. Through science and research this my slowly unfold. I believe there are new understandings and a completely new consciousness heading our way.

Science from just the last few years have been pointing to some mind blowing theories about the nature of the universe and our consciousness.

Perhaps we should celebrate the last bit of time of ignorance and innocence, before these major breakthroughs and mind ripping truths come forth.

Or, it could all just be part of getting older. Who knows, but I can't shake these thoughts.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm also 26, of sound body and mind, living in the garden of England and I've never felt SO uncertain in my life! Anticipation is gripping me and I've no idea why?!I have an overwhelming sense that something is approaching, but I cannot explain what it is? I feel powerless almost, but am completely in control. Maybe it's information overload in our day and age - war/terrorism/technology/global warming/media indoctrination....the list is endless. Products of our generation maybe? This has definately got my blood pumping to the point that I was actually paranoid that there were subliminal messages sewn into these posts to capture my mind at my own expense. LOL, However, the suspicions subsided and I Googled for further enlightenment....

Check what I found guys - very interesting indeed - (cut and paste the URL)

www.december212012.com...

Maybe this all makes sense?! Hopefully we'll discuss it on the 22nd when it all does make sense.

I too, have experienced sleep paralysis - screaming as hard as I could, but to my frustration and terror - NO SOUND? Trying to escape from my bedroom without the power TO EVEN MOVE!!? Combined with the feeling that I'm being intensively observed/watched -(maybe the shadow people?) Traumatic - every time, as I have no choice in the matter. I've also experienced DE JA VU countless times and constant personal proof of being psychic. It's all very odd, as much as it freaks me out and I can't make sense of this directly,I feel strangely at ease and am ready to embrace it with open arms, as this life intrigues me beyond what my mind can conceive.

Fairplay to you Unicon, the first post I've felt compelled to reply to despite being a member of this site for 3 years. Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm 34 and I have had that 'feeling' for about the past 15 years now. I used to have re-occurring dreams where something unusual was seen in the sky. Something that everyone could see and that ALL knew what it meant when they saw it. It was the beginning of massive changes on the earth and our way of life. Military Jets would fly overhead in a futile attempt at war against whatever was coming. Strange lights in the sky and highly unusual clouds and weather would occur. I would wake up terrified. These dreams varied in detail but the same basic pattern always. These dreams made me feel like in the distant future something like this would happen - but that was long ago. Now I still have the dreams but I don't have the fear anymore. The dreams desensitized me to the experience. Though I have the dreams less frequent and they do not scare me anymore I feel that the time they refer to is coming closer - so much closer than when they began 15 years ago. And so yes - sometimes I do feel like I am waiting for it to happen. However, and I must stress this point, I do not alter my life plans or sit and do nothing and wait. I get on with it and hope that they are just dreams and feelings ...

just my 2

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm starting to connect this feeling of 'waiting' with lots of things around me--2012, seeing 11:11 everywhere more frequently, even a lot of what is written in 'The Celestine Prophecy' is starting to ring true regarding coincidences, etc.

I truly believe there is a sort of awakening happening...or an 'ascension' as i've heard it being called in another thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have also felt the need lately to learn as much now, because who knows about later? I have been feeling restless and impatient more than usual lately. I also just do not want to wait for something to happen, but am curious as to why we all feel the same way. It is all very bizarre

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had to leave a shorter reply this morning, but I waited all day to post this thought....

Time has been flying by, In a ridiculous sort of way. My ears go "blank" at the oddest moments, and then i hear a High pitched whine. I feel no real connection to people, although I'm called a people person. I feel as though I am stalling. I have no mental illness, and I am a productive member of society. But I feel like I rarely meet people who "get it". It is not a want for more, just a deeply ingrained thought that we are about to transcend. I feel that not all are supposed to, but its okay. They will get a chance on the next go-round.
I get deja vu constantly. We are not crazy, and I don't blame this on the internet. I think that some of us are just supposed to know, and some aren't. Its okay though, because I think it is soon. REAL soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I'm definitly just here to observe, not to take a task when 'the time' comes. Maybe i'm here to calm people down when whatever happens. Dunno, will know it when it happens.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

My ears go "blank" at the oddest moments, and then i hear a High pitched whine.

This happens to me also - very infrequent. Sound drops out along with a feeling in my ear at that moment then a high pitch tone starts and gradually fades away and hearing is restored. I always tell myself when this occurs that it is something physical with my ear, in other words natural, but every time I wonder if something else is happening (what I'm not sure).

Also it seems to me that time is accelerating in a general sense. The seasons are flying by. Maybe it is just something that happens when we get older. You always hear older people say how fast time goes by when you get older. Certainly seems true. I'm 34. But could it be more than that?

And yes I have seen a shadow thing as well. Out of the corner of my eye. I would have dismissed it along with my many other 'corner of the eye' stuff except my cat most distinctly saw it too and watched that area with great intensity. I checked it out and there was nothing there. Freaked me out - it was late at night indoors with the lights on - I didn't get much sleep that night

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

My ears go "blank" at the oddest moments, and then i hear a High pitched whine.

This happens to me also - very infrequent. Sound drops out along with a feeling in my ear at that moment then a high pitch tone starts and gradually fades away and hearing is restored. I always tell myself when this occurs that it is something physical with my ear, in other words natural, but every time I wonder if something else is happening (what I'm not sure).

Also it seems to me that time is accelerating in a general sense. The seasons are flying by. Maybe it is just something that happens when we get older. You always hear older people say how fast time goes by when you get older. Certainly seems true. I'm 34. But could it be more than that?

And yes I have seen a shadow thing as well. Out of the corner of my eye. I would have dismissed it along with my many other 'corner of the eye' stuff except my cat most distinctly saw it too and watched that area with great intensity. I checked it out and there was nothing there. Freaked me out - it was late at night indoors with the lights on - I didn't get much sleep that night

I've had the high-pitched whistle all my life. It comes on strong and then after several seconds it quickly fades. I had it happen just yesterday and especially loud. I've always wondered what it is (or does, or means).

[edit on 22-2-2008 by AtlantisAgain]

[edit on 22-2-2008 by AtlantisAgain]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Man, you nailed this one. I have had the same feeling and 15 years ago, when I met my wife I recall talking about my belief that the world is waiting for something without knowing it and the collective subconscious fear is tearing the world apart. No kidding, that was 15 years ago last fall. I don't think its going to be a big or sudden change, but it may be an 'awakening' to a realization that we've been collectively pondering unknowingly. Something will "surface" is more how I feel. But, yes, waiting for something is right. My feelings are not strong toward the "good" or "bad" nature of what is coming - but I do feel excited about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not to go on a weird rant, but I read somewhere that only some of us are ready to move on into the next level of existence. That the rest will go back into the pot, if you will. I know that I always feel anxious, but not nervous. This website I read said that some of the signs for preparing for your own transcendence included the ear ringing, lack of close connections with people, while still maintaining compassion. It also included the fact that you might constantly replay the things you feel were wrong that you did, and that there is a deep desire to learn from your mistakes, not because you were caught though. Also, it said that time and death held less meaning for these preparing souls. I once read that PISCES are real high on the list of people leaving soon. ( not to do with astrology, just the time frame of birth) this might explain why I feel no fear of death, I know that I am an old soul.

Why, when tested, am I considered smart, and yet I have spent my whole life learning how to grow, build, communicate, defend, and nurture? Why not making money? I want nice things, and then, poof, not important................. I am going everywhere with this. I know that there are those of you who are reading this, who are like me.
My mind never shuts down.
I feel as though I am soaking up this last bit of earth, to remember.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
All I can say is wow!

I put my first post in this thread up after reading only the OP's post as I was short on time before needing to go to work and wanted to cover off on a few more topics here at ATF. I threw the post out quickly becuase I felt it important for the OP to get an affirming reply that yes, someone else is feeling this.

Now that I have completed reading all of the posts in the thread, I'm somewhat freaked out a bit as there are so many similarities across so many people with things that I feel and have also encountered.

I also, fit within the apparant age frame. I am 38 years old. As a child, my favorite thing to do was to ask my mother for a slice of bread at bed time where I would then pretend to be in a hollowed out tree having to ration my "supplies" and that there was no one left alive on the world except for myself. I was also prone to night terrors that when awoken, I could not remember the content of the nightmare. I was a sleepwalker as a child and that receded as I grew older. Of most notable interest to me of my childhood time is my Mother recalling that I used to frequently, in my sleep, hold conversations with "someone" in a language that my mother could not understand. She could tell it was conversations by my tone inflections...sometimes I would be asking questions, sometimes I would be providing answers, sometimes I would be laughing and talking, and yes, other times there were heated arguments that I would be engaged in. I don't talk much in my sleep anymore, I don't sleep walk at all anymore, and unfortunately, this language is competely gone.

I do occasionally have night terrors still where a dark entity comes to me and basically just screws with me. It is during these dreams where I experience the sleep paralysis and the dreams of waking up, but not really waking up regardless of how "aware" I am that I am asleep and need to wake up.

I have only recently (within the last month) begun to see shadows. I work the evening shift and on the way home at night I have started seeing flitting things near the side of the road. Always the passanger side of the road and often times I hit my breaks thinking I'm about to hit something, just to find out that there is nothing there. Tonight was the first night that I hit my breaks becuase I thought I was going to hit a bird or an owl. The shadow passed very quickly in front of the vehicle, high up..just about even with the top portion of the windshield. It has been very unsettling.

I would have thought about checking myself into a nice little 3-day hold somewhere until I shared this with my wife, who blanched when I told her all of the things that have been happening to me. She's been experiencing the same things and will no longer walk the dogs at night alone.

We both have an insane sense of urgency of becoming self-sufficient and bracing ourselves. This summer, we're having a root-cellar/shelter dug into the ground near the house. We've also got the insane urge to understand everything we can about the plants native to our area and to begin stockpiling basic necessities: flour, rice, beans, corn meal, peroxide, baking soda, first aid supplies, etc.

As for some feeling a sense of sadness...yes, we have been hit with that as well. It is as if something, somewhere is grieving..that something has been lost...something has shifted us towards a path that we can not back away from. But even with as intense as the sadness can be at times, there is always an underlying feeling of hope and looking forward to getting past whatever event the sadness is attached to.

And yes...we both have ringing of the ears. I always attributed to some kind of tinitus but seeing the references here was interesting.

I don't know what is coming, but I wish you all the best with it. Peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
man, all of this is relevant to me. How does it all connect. As I type this I hear the whistle of my ears ringing. It's like I'm in a tube and I'm zooming through it.

What's going on with us???

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is anybody else playing "connect the dots" with everyone's dreams? Not that I'm trying to force a picture, but there does seem to be a certain flow to them. It's like each one of us has been given a little piece of the puzzle.

Sorry if I've paraphrased these a little too much.

Orion Grey has dreams of UFOs in the sky and War

Numb2itAll has dreams of crafts in the sky but has alternating dreams that are negative & positive - is relieved when "IT" is over

2Cents has dreams of strange lights in the sky

Kozmo & Orion Grey have dreams regarding people & vehicles from different eras

AceGoFlow has dreams of being armed & protected & being forced into leadership & when younger had dreams regarding soldiers

Wills120 has dreams of a nuclear holocaust

MistressofSpices has dreams of buildings crashing around her but uneffected by it all

Harman has dreams of going through a tube & several doors (I don't know how that ties in)

Blurryone has sreams of a 2 headed dog breaking into his room (I don't know how that ties in)

In the dreams, the dreamer within the dream is either in a trance like state or terrified.

Sleep paraysis is linked to most.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, I have felt this as well and like you for many years... I'll tell you a story too that you might find interesting...

My grandfather lived his life and died when he was 82 years old. The home he was in had perscribed him anti depressants because he was a bit depressed... After which they took him off his pills cold turkey... I don't know if this is bad, but it totally messed up my grandfather and I'm sure it was because they took him off this so quickly... At any rate he slowly began to deteriorate, he was seeing things and most of the time was not all there when we'd come to visit... Then 3 days before he died we got a call from the nursing home saying he wanted to see all of us. So the whole family went down and visited. He told us that he saw Jesus the night before and that Jesus had given him this time to say goodbye. You have to remember he was more or less out of it up until this point. In other words he never made any sense and just wasn't there. So we were all very suprised to see him normal again. So after he told us this a few started to cry and I remember he grabbed my hand really tightly and had this look in his eye as if he really really wanted to tell me something, but he just started crying and wasn't able to tell me. I just got this feeling that Jesus might have told him something about the future. I was really shook up by this for quite some time. We eventually left the nursing home after spending the day with him and then went back the next day to find he was right back to being out of it again. Then he died the next day. When he died I saw a bright light over him, like a start, it twirled around really fast and shot upwards... Of course that is different story... But I have always been sensitive to feelings and to me my grandfather was trying to tell me something very important, but most likely couldn't... Maybe because Jesus told him not to, I'm not sure...

Every since then I've had the feeling and it's getting stronger as each day passes as if something is going to happen... The feeling you describe as if you're waiting for something... I also get the urgent feeling to get prepared now! Before it's too late...

Just a little tidbit about my grandfather, he worked on the A bomb, the Space Shuttle and the B2 bomber, so you know he had to know some of this... Also any time I'd ask him about UFO's aliens or anything of the sort he would act as if I didn't even say anything... He never said either way anything about that... Not no they don't exist, not a maybe not a head nod, nothing and I always found that to odd.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistressofspices
Harman has dreams of going through a tube & several doors (I don't know how that ties in)

No, that tied in with the 'shadow people'and had it when i was little.

I keep having dreams of something post-apocalyptic though but these dreams are different everytime. One time i walked in my neighbourhood with a couple of friends and the school there was changed into some military complex harboring fugitives or acting as a crisis centre, things like that. But to be honest, i think that's more because i like the post-apocalyptic movies and read up about anything related to it, so it dominates my thoughts at day and materialising in my mind at night.

Although, to be on the bright side of things, i dreamt about living in some sort of complex in russia tonight and it was a former nuclear station refurbished to facilitate a community and it was a real nice dream. I was not being held captive or anything. And it was quite beautifull with gardens and a nice atmosphere. Maybe it was a glimps of a future (life?) where all this was over and we found a new way of living together without need for weapons and redesignating the buildings that where used for it. Who know?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I’ve read that when one is getting older, the sensation that the times goes by more quickly is scientifically explained: a certain gland becomes dull and doesn’t secrete the substance (sorry, I don’t know the names) it used to. So it's organic. There seems to have been investigations as to find a remedy for this. I’ve experienced it myself now that I’m over 50.

But yes, I had a dream some 3-4 months ago: a huge, white sphere was known to have collided the Earth. I started running to see if anything had happened to my family, apparently no, but I saw on the sidewalk a number of small white spheres. Always dreaming, I thought that this time we were out of danger, but what for the next time?

Stress?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join