It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I too have had the feeling of waiting for something to happen. Also feelings of dread at times. I has been increasing, but started in 05, just before I found ATS.

*Edited to add im in my 30s.

[edit on 2/22/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Now i'm just throwing this out there -

Is anyone else feeling like time is going by really fast?
I say "i can't beleive its friday again." every week seems like.
Their is hardly time in my day anymore. Its like i'm feeling rushed.

Or Might be just me gettin old.

_Orion

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

I have felt the same way for most of my life with the sense of such a thing getting much stronger in the last 5-7 years. It's as if there is an inside voice that keeps saying "Just hold on a little longer and life as it should be will begin."

I feel that this time in my life now is for two main things: 1) Getting prepared for whatever is heading towards us, and 2) Adopting a basic holding pattern of riding out the last days of what is currently happening around us.

So, either there is some intuitive feeling beginning to awaken in people and such a thing will truly occur, or there are a bunch of us all engaged in a massive shared psychosis.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As interesting as this is... it's all still too general for me to make a conclusion as to what it all means... I guess that's the point
Otherwise we would all be sitting around picking our noses, bored to death
The "waiting" or feeling that something is going to occur, i figure, is probably something all people experience
We all desire a change, more now than ever when it seems like everything is going to the dogs in our current social and economical structure
Plus the whole Mayan calender thing is close (which I hold little credence in)
Maybe it's some innate human desire to push us to think further...
Maybe we are not listening to inner selves enough, I agree with some of the other posts on here when they say it's more about making a change happen instead of just sitting around waiting for a change and that my friends is the problem with the world today...
Everyone is waiting for something miraculous to change the world but very little seem to DOING anything to facilitate a change
What are most people doing right now...
waiting for someone to come up with a better form of energy than gas
waiting for a new president to usher in change in the nation (which they always say is going to happen and we always think it will, falling for it time and time again)
and while we wait people go on about their daily lives, buying products, working like slaves to buy more products, making babies and then abandoning them because they can't afford to feed them or don't want to be bothered, or just spending their lives doing nothing for society as a whole other than a continuing contribution to the feeding of the economical machine which seems to be on a never ending spiral into oblivion
Who can deny them though? Everyone desires the easy life or is trying to keep their head above the water but most people forget that we are all in this together... like it or not, we all inhabit the same space...

Sigh.... sorry for the rant

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Strange, there are quite a bit of you guys out there with the same feeling. I have also had some very strange dreams ever since I can remember, parents always wondered. I have never put too much thought into them. Who knows what's going to happen? We will see I guess, glad I am not the only one though.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had I guess you could call them prophetic dreams?
I have these really vivid dreams and then a really long period will pass (usually about a year or so) by that time I forget most of the dream but then... everything in the dream occurs in real time and it sort of feels like Deja Vu because I've experienced it before and then remember it was a dream I had a long time ago
I've tried to keep a journal but it's the last thing on my mind when I wake up
It would probably help me not make as many mistakes in my life
I guess I'm my own worst enemy

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've been here on ATS since 2006 just lurking (I think I've only posted once) and this thread really jumped out at me.

I've been having dreams for the last 2-3 years of a coming end of the world or some kind of nuclear holocaust. My wife thinks these are related to financial problems we've been experiencing or the fact that we just got married a few years ago....you know, the whole "loss of independence" thing.

I'm 35 and honestly nothing like this happened when I was younger. The dream is almost exactly the same each time: It starts with a bunch of people walking with us to the beach in a hurry(my wife and I live about a block from the ocean). It's night and there is no electricity so it's pitch black, we can hear police sirens in the distance and people sobbing around us. We get down to the beach and I've got this feeling we're just waiting for something.....something horrible. I'm looking at the ocean and there is the blinding light and horrible crashing noise, the ground is shaking, people are screaming....my wife is holding me and I look to the North only to see a giant wall of fire coming for us....

Then I wake up. Sometimes in a sweat, sometimes so violently that I wake my wife. I had it again Monday night.

It should be noted that I live about 5 miles South of Mayport Naval Station and it's completely possible that fact has been unconsciously woven into my dream but I feel as though it's something more.....more like a warning.

It could be nothing and I hope nobody minds, just thought I would share.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by wills120]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I feel the same as you that a big change is upon us. It goes far beyond intuition- its practically embedded into my mind. Now will it be negative or positive is the question. With all the craziness going on in the world today its hard to say but I try to remain positive and optimistic about the future. Its far too easy to be negative. I'm hoping in the end it's something everyone in the world benefits from.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

That is quite a frightening dream, I hope I never have that one... but I've had similar dreams of post destruction
Where I am relieved that I survived it in the dream, i hope to never experience the destruction first hand in real time
but thank you for giving me the chills with that one

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numb2itall
Has anyone ever had I guess you could call them prophetic dreams?
I have these really vivid dreams and then a really long period will pass (usually about a year or so) by that time I forget most of the dream but then... everything in the dream occurs in real time and it sort of feels like Deja Vu because I've experienced it before and then remember it was a dream I had a long time ago
I've tried to keep a journal but it's the last thing on my mind when I wake up
It would probably help me not make as many mistakes in my life
I guess I'm my own worst enemy

You described pretty much exactly what I used to experience when I was younger. It doesn't happen as often now, but every once in awhile still.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovereign797

Well it's good to hear someone else that it's happened to
It doesn't happen often and I usually have no idea it was a prophetic type until it happens in real time, which honestly stinks because then there is no way for me to gauge it except to catalog every dream I have and the intensity of it
There is always a catch

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Its not like makeing the change/event happen - the change/event feels like it will happen either way.

The feeling is more like - when the right time/event comes my/our path will become clear.

Its a very odd feeling.

_Orion

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Orion_grey]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I feel this way too. One of the only takes on 2012 that makes sense to me is Terrence McKenna's Novelty Theory. Its definitely worth a look into weather 2012 is "apocalyptic" or just the point of the end of any original thought.
this is a great video(really just audio) if anyone is interested:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion_grey

your right, the feeling does feel as if it will happen regardless... maybe I'm just being impatient
Could it be the feeling is our own mortality and the change is the end of our existence as we know it
A way that our mind is preparing our "soul" (if you believe in such a thing) for a new awakening...
I dunno... that sounded a bit deep now that I'm reading it

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I started having a dream/vision four years ago or so. At the time, my husband and I had been going through a rough patch and our business was doing badly. I thought it was too much stress & worry. Well, I woke up at 4:30 this morning (about two hours before I have to wake up for work) with that same vision. It's the first time that has popped back into my head in a year or so. Mind you, the last year my husband & I and the business have been doing better.

The vision is of the buildings all around me crashing down. I am outside on the street walking. Building material is crashing down on the streets, people are screaming, traffic is everywhere and people & cars are being crushed by the building materials. I'm just walking through it, as though I'm in a trance, untouched by any of it.

I've also had the thought (pushed) in my head to just tough it out a little while longer, just hang in there, just a little longer. Again, I thought this was due to past personal problems mentioned above, but that thought has been strong since the end of December.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Im glad that alot of the people who feel this way arent waiting for the lame 2012 nothing ness

it seems alot of the 2012ers fall into the reptilian thinger too

different strokes different folks i guess

now the question, do any of you feel the need to do anything or just wait for your number? as it be? i guess

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Definitely feel the need to do something... but that's how I am
Busy, busy until my body and mind make me crash
Tired of waiting...

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Numb2itall]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Feel a need to do anything....Yes. I feel a need to learn as much as I can about gardening, but to a level beyond. How do I save these seeds from this vegetable? What can I do with this herb or veggie other than eat it? Are there medicinal purposes for it? What grows naturally here that I can eat? What are more means of preservation (that I'm not aware of already?)....

Is it preparation or just a hobby gone a muck? It's definitely a compulsion.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I also share a similar feeling. It makes sense that a lot of people here on ATS do. After all, you wouldn't be browsing the ATS forums unless you were curious about conspiracies / ufo's / 2012 etc.

Interest in these subjects only grows with the ability to interact on the internet and with other peoples thoughts. I believe this feeling has rapidly increased due to the internet. We are now able to communicate with thousands of other like minded individuals. This many peculiar minds working together is bound to have some sort of chain reaction effect.

Yes, many people, including myself, have had this feeling of "waiting" before ATS. However, websites, television, media, etc have only fueled this spark to a growing flame.. and it will continue to grow until something big actually does happen.

The human desire to know the answers to the worlds greatest questions, mixed with todays rapidly growing technology are the main ingredients to this "feeling".

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspices

lol, Im a definite OCD person here, although its gotten better over the years, to where it doesnt interfere alot, it never affected others, just in the things i did.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join