It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feeling like you are waiting for something???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I dont normally start threads or post very often as i like to just observe other peoples comments/thougts.

I have decided to post this finally after many years wondering what I am waiting for.

I am 27 now and have felt this way for atleast the last 15+ years, way before i started using the internet and searching sites like this one.

I do not know what it is yet but for as long as i can remember I have always felt that something wasn't right and that I was waiting for something to happen, a major change to the world? or to way of life in general?, i'm not sure, there is just something inside me that tells me that in my lifetime I will see a major change.

Are there other people on here that have felt this for some time???

your thoughts please

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
In my personal belief change is constant anyway, so a 'big change' would probably be comparable to... the emergence of a self-realised global super-power perhaps?

We can already see that China is affecting diplomatic relations with America that could be seen as "Patronising" by some.

Or perhaps it will be something completely unpredictable.

I agree with you however that something is going to happen before the end of this particular decade - perhaps because people are always more confrontational when they realise that nothing has really changed in terms of social welfare and political confidence.

We're definately looking at some sort of social change, i know that much - People (in general) are definately a lot more politically conscious than they once were.

Most likely one could attribute this to the coming end of the current decade, if you want a realist p.o.v.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

You're not the only one. Everyone I know feels the same way. I'm about as old as yourself (26), and I feel the EXACT same feeling that you're feeling. It's almost as if there's something that we're supposed to be seeing that we can't. Almost as if there were a shroud over our eyes.

"The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen." - Yoda in Episode II

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've been feeling like that for a long time. I still don't know what it's about but I've always suspected something isn't right but that it will change. I'm about the same age and I've had the feeling probably for just as long.

I have often thought that maybe it's just my wish for change that makes me feel like that but I can't discount the feeling.

My personal feeling is that civilization as we know it is going to collapse. What that means I really don't know, but I just feel like we're going to be fending for ourselves soon.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Sovereign797]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well, until I saw this thread, I wasn't sure how to describe the "feeling". Now that it's been brought to light, "waiting" is the perfect adjective for it. I've had this "feeling" for as long as I can remember. Like I'm supposed to be doing something, but can't quite figure out what it is. It's similar to the feeling one gets at the grocery store, when you know you're forgetting something, but can't think of what on earth it is.

The feeling has changed a little bit recently. The sense of urgency attached to this feeling is growing, and I have a feeling that we're not going to be "waiting" much longer.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When I was in my twenties. I too thought there was going to be some earthshaking event; now that I am 50++, I still feel the same way most of the time. I think what causes this angst is that technology and sensory overload keeps us on edge and unable to really relax.

I find that if I can find time to meditate a little each day, maybe go fishing and not drink so much caffeine; life is much smoother and easier without the feeling of impending doom.

One day at a time is my creed

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I also feel that I have been waiting. I am 46 and since I was in my young teens I have been looking beyond, but just didn't know for what.

A few years ago I felt that maybe its my demise that keeps me feeling this way so I bought a Urn thinking this is what I must be waiting for. I showed it to my kids and gave them my burial plans. I even told then to take pictures of me with it to show how ok I was with it. (They thought I was nuts)

Anyway, I still am waiting. I read the news for news but I don't know what I am looking for.

The more I think of it the more I think I am waiting for my life to end so my new one can begin ( I truly believe in reincarnation).

Just have to wait and see I suppose.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I feel the exact same way waiting for something - i'm 31 and have always felt that my true purpose or role has yet to be revealed to me.
I do alot of things that make me happy and that i'm real good at but something is still missing. Its almost like i'm waiting for something more.
like a sleeper for some big event, waiting for my true destiny to be revealed.
Also i feel that time is near, i'm feeling more and more like something
is around the corner.

Its nice to know that i'm not the only one who feels this.

-Orioin

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Orion_grey]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
my feelings (I'm also in my mid 30s) have been mostly filled wtih dread and of course that familiar sense of 'waiting' for something. I started feeling it a few years ago and it has only gotten stronger with age. Recently too, it seems to have ramped up a little with the feelings starting to overflow a bit. I wish I could say that I just felt like I was waiting, but unfortuantely I feel 'doom' with that waiting. Of course I could just be wacko crazy.

Tela

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I flagged this thread before starting to read, so yeah, have the feeling too. Don't know what is pending ahead of us be it doom, bliss or both but something is definitly up, imo. Could be wrong though so i will get on with my life and pay for my future in case nothing happens. I seem to lack a future vision of myself, always had a dislike to have children (not children themselve though, i think i would be a good dad, maybe just a little to relaxed for this day and age but nothing really bad.)

Reading up on everything on the internet didn't do me much good in this aspect so the whole 2012 thing really hit a chord inside of me. I'm convinced that there really is a hidden way of how reality works and that whole 'Law of attraction' thing could be real.

Taking that in account and realising that every religion has a doomsday and in the spiritual community there is 2012 going on, it could be a selffullfilling prophecy. Anyway, in case of the Law of attraction being real, i derive that the spiritual idea of the eternal soul is real also so i'm a tad detached about whatever may happen and am not planning to get scared about any of it. If and when 'the big change' happens there will be turmoil because people don't like it when their security is fleeting away from under them, i'm not prepared on a material way (no shelter, food supply or guns) but mentally speaking i'm ready for anything, be it mass deaths or otherwise. There is a chance i will not be as ready for what is likely to happen (in my mind if nowhere else) as i now think i am but well, it comes when it comes. If it comes at all.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This forum is supposed to be for predictions by other people or ancient writings etc..

a personal prediction goes into the PERSONAL PREDICTIONS forum

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovereign797
My personal feeling is that civilization as we know it is going to collapse. What that means I really don't know, but I just feel like we're going to be fending for ourselves soon.

This is part of the feeling that I have, the collapse of civilization, and I think we will see it in the years to come.

Originally posted by Orion_grey
I feel the exact same way waiting for something - i'm 31 and have always felt that my true purpose or role has yet to be revealed to me.

I too feel this, I thought I was just being a bit mad thinking this, glad there are others out there feeling the same things.

Originally posted by Harman
Reading up on everything on the internet didn't do me much good in this aspect so the whole 2012 thing really hit a chord inside of me.

The whole 2012 thing is probably the main thing that makes me think most about the feelings i'm having, maybe this what we are waiting for.

I heard in a video about the 2012 theory that we are all here to witness the events to come.

Atleast there is not long to wait to find out if 2012 is what we are waiting for.

more thoughts please.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
man, you read my thoughts. I used to be pretty psychic as a child and as I grew up I lost a bit of it, but as far as I can remember I couldn't see past age 35 as if everything is completely blank... always had a feeling something HUGE will happen around this time. As every year go by, the feeling is getting stronger and stronger... and now that I'm 29, it's getting much more stronger... I think in a few years around 2012ish, which I did not know anything about till few years ago. But it all makes sense... a shift in time.

I've also noticed "time" has been jumping around... like moving faster... as if the time flow is becoming more random and feel like it may break! If that makes sense! Recently I've been getting as much out of body experience as I used to as a child... almost prepping me for something to come!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
man i am 18, and i have been waiting since literally i was born. Loool i remember growing up and spending a year on an island escaping a war in the Balkans. I was like 3 and still remember how i was so in touch with nature, i was waiting for something to happen...fast forward 4 or 5 years and i received my very first book on ufos, it was a small book from a scholastics fair. Although even before then i knew that there was something more to religion, i felt that there was something important that delt with ufos and aliens. I think we are coming close to that time! just this year i have realized that that is probably what i have been waiting for, something in the future is going to happen and it is really close!

i mean come on, something is gonna happen. Just think for a second, can you really imagine life 20 years from now or 50 years from now is everything is set on the path we are going. There is so much greed in the medical industry and almost anytype of industry, oil is just horrible...i mean just think about that stuff...something is gonna happen and it will be big.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by ATSGUY]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

"I heard in a video about the 2012 theory that we are all here to witness the events to come." by universalconsciousness

Funny That you say that, i'm always saying that i feel like I chose to be here (alive) in this time.

_Orion

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i feel like something is getting ready to happen, except that i also feel i am meant for something more like this event/change will unleash me from this jailed life i live now,

also i find things are slowed down a bit in the world - "the great breath before the plunge"

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I can attest to having this same sense since... well, ever since I can remember. As a child I was admonished for talking about "The End". I was brought up in a strict Roman Catholic family and had incredible clarity when reading the Book of Revelations. It did not fill me with fear or dread, instead it was almost a kind of confirmation of something that I felt that I was already fully aware of and somehow prepared for it.

Now, as an adult in my late 30s I can say the feeling has only gotten stronger. Instead of a Circadian clock, I feel like I have a Countdown clock. Still, I am at peace with this feeling and have accepted it as a part of my being. I am preparing spiritually, psychologically and physically for whatever IT is but I have no doubt that IT is coming - and coming soon!

I cannot say what IT is or what is to occur but it is going to change mankind in ways that mankind has never experienced before. Everything that we think we know about our existence is going to be turned upside down. I have a sense that life will continue but have no idea what that really means.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've started to lose mental retention since 1999. It's like I've been wiped clean. But I've seen a lot of stuff, connected a few dots and have always felt the underlying thought of motion itself being the evil that drives things. I've seen some visions and they have ranged from mass boardings, to rings in the sky, to flyovers and a stillness in time.

I feel like the motion's too unstable now, fluctuations that coupled with distractions draining our energies. Maybe everything just needs to stop. everything for a few minutes just stop, pause. Maybe some illusions would stop for a few? Timewave zero? Whatever you want to call it, I'm sure there are many names for the concept.

The dread is real, but what role do we have in it? That's what I'm working on now. Last few things I've seen and felt haven't been good...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
one thing ive noticed is with people who have this feeling of waiting for something almost 90% of them have had "shadow people" encounters

do all of you have that same experience?

if so what?

Ive had shadow experiences but Im not waiting, maybe just for my food when i go to eat

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I can attest to having this same sense since... well, ever since I can remember. As a child I was admonished for talking about "The End". I was brought up in a strict Roman Catholic family and had incredible clarity when reading the Book of Revelations. It did not fill me with fear or dread, instead it was almost a kind of confirmation of something that I felt that I was already fully aware of and somehow prepared for it.

Now, as an adult in my late 30s I can say the feeling has only gotten stronger. Instead of a Circadian clock, I feel like I have a Countdown clock. Still, I am at peace with this feeling and have accepted it as a part of my being. I am preparing spiritually, psychologically and physically for whatever IT is but I have no doubt that IT is coming - and coming soon!

I cannot say what IT is or what is to occur but it is going to change mankind in ways that mankind has never experienced before. Everything that we think we know about our existence is going to be turned upside down. I have a sense that life will continue but have no idea what that really means.

I feel the same way about being in complete peace with what will happen.
Like an acceptance, and feel what will happen is only natural for humanity
Be "it" good or bad, it will serve as an awakening.

I'm so glad that i'm not the only one, i thought i was going mad.
I almost feel life Richard Dryfus in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
When he just had this feeling that he couldn't shake.

Has anyone been having any strange dreams lately? although i've been having certain reoccuring dreams since childhood of UFO's in the sky and war that i think tie in to all of this. I seem to go through periods of "normal dreams" for a few days/weeks then i'll start having very vivd dreams not like "normal" dreams for a few days/weeks. These dreams are mostly of things that might happen, others are of a type of "reassurance" its hard to explain.

_Orion

<<   2  3  4 >>

join