It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Star Thrills Astronomers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Looks kinda fake to me. I would love to have that made into a ring, though!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
that's awesome... and i really don't think it's fake. obviously, the picture is... but the theories and the science do hold up.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
could be possible, i think its real

[Edited on 2/16/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow, talk about major bling bling. That is VERY cool if they are correct.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think its real, but the pic isnt, obviously.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The moon (our moon) rings like a gong/bell when struck.
This makes me wonder what the moon is "really" composed of. If the moon has diamonds, the diamond industry would just completely die.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i would just completely die if I found a 1 pound diamond... I'd love to journey to Neptune for their diamonds... but yeah... If I could get my hand on one of those stars... my family would never have to work agian... until the extinction of mankind...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
The moon (our moon) rings like a gong/bell when struck.
This makes me wonder what the moon is "really" composed of. If the moon has diamonds, the diamond industry would just completely die.

Really?? cool, Ive never heard of this.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
its real, at least thats what they tell us. its also bin discussed. alot.
heres one
our sun is supposed to do that 2 billion yrs after it gets the finger, which is abotu 5 billion yrs from now.

and darklanser? if they found the moon was made of diamond (its not) the market wud implode, too much supply. im pretty sure the moon 'bounces' the sound because its a solid object, like everything else.
the diamond rain on neptune

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
DarkHelmet, just by owning a diamond 1 kilometer across would completely upset the diamond market and send it crashing, making diamonds worth about as much as cubic zirconium. Probably not badly but you would not make that much money off of it. Not to mention if it is in poor quality, color, clarity...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
oh, and one more thing. its 50 light years away. good luck!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
lol... I know the diamond world would collapse If I got one of these things... i'm just saying... At prices right now per karat... i'd be living the high life forever...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Actually, guys, diamonds aren't that rare.

What keeps the price inflated is the deBeers diamond cartel (my parents were jewelers and discussed this with me.) It's similar to OPEC, in that they own the largest supply and if the price of diamonds drops, they just slow production or refuse to sell them at the reduced price.

And yes, the moon and other planets "ring" when hit with meteorites and so forth.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, guys, diamonds aren't that rare.

What keeps the price inflated is the deBeers diamond cartel (my parents were jewelers and discussed this with me.) It's similar to OPEC, in that they own the largest supply and if the price of diamonds drops, they just slow production or refuse to sell them at the reduced price.

And yes, the moon and other planets "ring" when hit with meteorites and so forth.

yeah, arn't there some HUGE diamond deposites in russia and australia? and debeers is just paying the countries off to keep them from flooding the market?

top topics

join