It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ethics of Human Cloning Where do you Stand?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
ET's can clone quite easily but they cannot create a soul. At best they can trap souls and implant one in a souless body.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i simply ask the question...why???? these people spending billions of dollars to fund research on human cloning are the same ones (or close relatives) whining about over population. support a stable population and human cloning? it doesnt make sence.

if you really want to spend millions of dollars funding a PROBLEM then go ahead, but it could be used for more important things like, oh, i dunno, maybe discovering new techniques for creating the squishy stuff that covers your headphones.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Lex Luthor cloned himself. He then put his brain in to the clone when his old body was dying of cancer. Why can't I do the same?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
because youre posting things on the internet instead of taking out your brain

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I don't have cancer either but, if I did.....

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
mmmmm...cancer changes everything.............now, where can we find some cancer...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I smoke so, I'll have some eventually.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Lex Luthor cloned himself. He then put his brain in to the clone when his old body was dying of cancer. Why can't I do the same?

I take it that you do not have a soul then?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
smoking.....excellent.....cancer........

smoking what? because it could be a real happy cancer or a coughing-wheezing cancer depending on the cancerous subject

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
wait wait wait we were talking about the ethics of human cloning and now we're talking about lightin up

either we need to switch topics or switch the title of the forum

[Edited on 2-22-04 by Scat]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

I take it that you do not have a soul then?

Lex Luthor was still the same ol' Lex Luthor after he changed bodies. So, no, I guess. I don't have a soul, only a brain.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
wait wait wait we were talking about the ethics of human cloning and now we're talking about lightin up

either we need to switch topics or switch the title of the forum

[Edited on 2-22-04 by Scat]

We were talking about me getting cancer and having my brain put in to a cloned body. Just like Lex Luthor did.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I ma for cloning seperate body parts etc, but a little more reserved about cloning whole humans.

Let me put it like this I would support cloning a brainless body for spareparts for me but not a living person to take the parts from.

Cloning for childless couples I would agree too but for, say, experiments no.

Its deffenetly something that should be approched with caution.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You don't have to worry about a clone having a soul. IT WILL. Either an existing soul will do a "walk-in", or God will provide a soul.
This isn't Frankenstein's monster. This would be cloning.
However, humans are NOT ready to do reproductive cloning. Their ethics have no way of handling such a situation. Reproductive cloning will never be widely used on Earth, because of the overpopulation problem. It COULD be used to replace populations if we ever had a WMD war..... like an atomic war.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join