It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beneath the pyramids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I know this topic has been discussed numerous times but I was hoping someone in the field could enlighten me a little on the building of the pyramids.

1. Has anyone actually dug around the bottom of the pyramids to explore or identify the actual foundation of the pyramids? In any building the foundation is the key, Most discussions usually try and decide how all the large blocks were put into place but I have never read or heard about the physical makeup of the foundation.

From a personal standpoint I believe there are hidden chambers in, below, and around the pryamids. In a building such as this I find it very difficult to believe they would construct such a huge structure while providing for only very such little (discovered) square feet of usable space within the structure. I believe part of the size of the pyramids is used as a means of protection. What better way to preserve something for thousands of years than to place 6.5 million tons of rock on top of it. Besides that civilization would have to reach a certain tecnical level or understanding to remove or penetrate that protection. I think this could be the greatest securoty feature ever invented. THink about it.... Never been cracked... only barly penetrated.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

The last, great secrets are supposed to be buried under or in the Sphynx. Why they haven't excavated yet is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
What better way to preserve something for thousands of years than to place 6.5 million tons of rock on top of it.

and yet... It hasn't stopped low tech, low life grave robbers from robbing every single one blind.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think your question is excellent. How can we be sure that there are not lots of little roomlets in strategic locations throughout the pyramids, forever inaccessible without blasting or drilling?

When I built my house, I put a handful of change in the foundation. I have absolutely no idea why I did that, other than it seemed like a cool little secret that only I would ever know about, or appreciate.

There is a strange human desire to build "time capsules" to pass things into eternity. While the pyramids were being built, there must have been plenty of opportunities to place documents under blocks, mementos of civilization and personal lives. Who could resist placing a small box within a little special cavity right before placing a huge stone on top of it, sealing it forever away? It would have been very tempting. (At least for me.)

Within software systems (which are also vast artifacts of humanity) programmers often hide easter eggs as private signatures. It is part of human nature.

So I guess the question is: how do you get that info out without disassembling an entire pyramid?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mescalero

Actually a few years ago they found a temple at the foot of the Sphinx, and it was discovered that that Sphinx is over some very narrow caves. This was a few years ago though, and I can't remember the name of the show it was on. Interestingly, the info's not on Wiki.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ive always wondered this also.

As far as the foundation, they have excavated the foundation. At some of the corners or maybe even one corner of the pyramid they uncovered the foundation. I believe some of the big corner blocks are missing including the casing stones leaving the foundation visible, the corner stone kinda sat in a socket.

What I dont understand is why dont they ask exxon or whoever to use that kick butt technology they use to find oil miles deep. Ill bet if there was oil in a hidden chamber...

Another thing bugs me, they say the only 'true evidence' proving that egyptian king Khufu, or whoever, built the great pyramid is some hieroglyphs scratched in between some large stones inside the pyramid.

These writings could only have been chipped into the stone by the builder, which from what Hancock suggest was in the Khufu period. (the glyphs in the upper kings chamber cant be verified as authenic so they dont count).

So what bugs me is I havent seen any pics of the glyphs between the two stones, where is that so called proof.
Am I supposed to believe Hancock because he says so?

As far as im concerned there still isnt proof that king Khufu built the Great Pyramid, so that means it could be way older than we know.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There is a lot of great info on the pyramids in Scott Creighton's forum. I've read may of his threads and they are fascinating!

I was just trying to recall where I was reading: the Directory of Antiquities for Egypt has refused to permit any further dismantling or drilling of holes in the pyramids, saying that he doesn't want these monuments further damaged in the hunt for hidden treasures.

It seems like the Egyptian government is a big road block in the quest to find hidden rooms and compartments within the pyramids. All petitions to perform scientific research and exploration are refused!

I am not sure how we can discover anything new, at least for this particular generation of humanity, unless we develop some sort of new and advanced technology that lets us look into these pyramids via sonar or other techniques.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If you wish to protect something of great, inestimable value, and you must store it in some place of huge capacity that cannot be hidden, the best solution is to hide that in plain sight.

Say I had, oh, I dunno, the entire contents of the library at Alexandria, or something approaching that sort of scale. As a smart person, I know that knowledge is infinitely more valuable than gold, but I also know that people are people, and it's hard to keep a secret of great treasures. I build myself a vault to keep it in, but I know that since my secret treasure probably isn't that secret, sooner or later there will be people trying to break in and steal my treasure, and no matter how secure my vault is, sooner or later they will succeed.

So, in order to further protect this treasure, I build my vault underground. And I build a massive big "HI, TREASURE HERE" building over the top to protect it. And then, inside that building, I put all the stuff that I don't really care about, things that to me aren't as valuable as my real treasure, but to a thief, would be a substantial haul. Things like gold statues, gems, etc.

Then, when the thieves break in, they find this fool's gold treasure hoard, they steal it all, and they never even bother looking for the true hoard, because they think that they've found all there is to find, that all those masses of treasure I left in plain sight were the real thing.

Maybe this is the case with the pyramids. I don't know, it's just a theory..

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The ultimate book of records. Egyptians won't give it up, or know it, have known it, the implications of which would rock this world.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I've been lucky enough to go and see the Pyramids myself.

Something seemed a bit fishy to me. You are allowed to go into the pyramid, BUT the size of the tunnel is about 3 foot by 3 foot (so you basically have to crawl) and it only goes into the middle of the pyramid where there is a very small room.

That was it! A massive building structure and your only allowed in a very tiny part of it. This of course could be to help preserve the pyramids. But I just felt that there was a lot more inside the pyramids than they was letting on. Also alot of the other shafts was roped off so you couldn't get down them.

Like someone else has already stated, there is suppose to be something under the Sphinx, but will we ever find out? I doubt it! When I was there they was renovating the Sphinx, it saddened me, why can't humans just leave things alone. It's been there for years and years, but now they have decided to smooth out the rugged edges and add a layer of smooth stone to it

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
Like someone else has already stated, there is suppose to be something under the Sphinx, but will we ever find out? I doubt it!

The original "information" that there is "supposed to be something under the Sphinx" comes from Edgar Cayce, a supposed psychic that dreamed this was the case.

Cayce was later arrested and convicted for fraudulently practicing medicine.

Originally posted by DodgeG1When I was there they was renovating the Sphinx, it saddened me, why can't humans just leave things alone.

If they had, the Sphinx would never have been carved, right?

Originally posted by DodgeG1 It's been there for years and years, but now they have decided to smooth out the rugged edges and add a layer of smooth stone to it

The "layer of smooth stone" you're talking about is how the Sphinx was made in the first place.

It wasn't just a carved Sphinx. It was roughed out and then finished with exterior blocks for shaping and smoothing it's form.

So this renovation (not the first, even the Ancient Egyptians renovated the Sphinx in exactly this way) is actually reproducing what the Sphinx originally looked like.

If Humans didn't interfere, there would be no Sphinx for you to go see - it would have crumbled long ago.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
I was just trying to recall where I was reading: the Directory of Antiquities for Egypt has refused to permit any further dismantling or drilling of holes in the pyramids, saying that he doesn't want these monuments further damaged in the hunt for hidden treasures.

It is too late to edit my previous post, so I will put the link here. See Skyfloating's thread on Forbidden Egyptology and pay special attention to the comments regarding Dr. Zahi Hawass, the Egyptian Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.

Skyfloading makes a good case that Dr. Hawass may be hiding something. Perhaps there is existing knowledge of secret rooms or chambers within or beneath the Sphinx or Pyramids? Why should Dr. Hawass ever want to diminish his prestige and power by revealing that? He's doing fine without having to share anything right now.

BTW, Inannamute -- I especially like your post. Of course the best way to keep something top secret is to place a gigantic and permanent structure on top of it. It seems obvious, the way you state it. Good theory.

(Edit: to clarify what I am trying to say.)

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Like someone else has already stated, there is suppose to be something under the Sphinx, but will we ever find out? I doubt it!

The original "information" that there is "supposed to be something under the Sphinx" comes from Edgar Cayce, a supposed psychic that dreamed this was the case.

Originally posted by DodgeG1When I was there they was renovating the Sphinx, it saddened me, why can't humans just leave things alone.

Originally posted by DodgeG1 It's been there for years and years, but now they have decided to smooth out the rugged edges and add a layer of smooth stone to it

The "layer of smooth stone" you're talking about is how the Sphinx was made in the first place.

It wasn't just a carved Sphinx. It was roughed out and then finished with exterior blocks for shaping and smoothing it's form.

So this renovation (not the first, even the Ancient Egyptians renovated the Sphinx in exactly this way) is actually reproducing what the Sphinx originally looked like.

If Humans didn't interfere, there would be no Sphinx for you to go see - it would have crumbled long ago.

Harte

Sorry Harte, you clearly don't understand what I'm saying.

It's something you have to see with your own eyes.... It's hard to explain.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There would be no point hiding something so valuable you did not want it to ever be found. If you truly wanted something never to be found, you'd destroy it, rather than put (what was at the time) the biggest building on earth on it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mescalero

The last, great secrets are supposed to be buried under or in the Sphynx. Why they haven't excavated yet is beyond me.

Its held up by Eygptian government. I even heard that the Ark of the covenant is there-but I can't confirm it- because no one knows for sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

Sorry Harte, you clearly don't understand what I'm saying.

It's something you have to see with your own eyes.... It's hard to explain.

Hmmmm.

See, I don't see where I'm misinterpreting your words.

So, this appears to me to be one of those responses I was talking about in another thread.

Please enlighten me as to where exactly I "don't understand" what you're saying here.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
There would be no point hiding something so valuable you did not want it to ever be found. If you truly wanted something never to be found, you'd destroy it, rather than put (what was at the time) the biggest building on earth on it.

Very good point C.C.

Whatever is hidden (if anything) must be so valuable that it could not be destroyed of disposed of. Rather, they would put a building on top of it to preserve it, to protect it, so that one day someone "worthy enough" could retrieve it.

This is the whole point of "time capsules", to my way of thinking. You want to hide something away so it is not easy to get at, but eventually it will be worth your while to pay a price for retrieval.

The Egyptians were definitely into time capsules, of a sort. They hid away vast treasures all the time, in burial chambers, and other places.

The fact the pyramids are so huge indicates that, if anything is buried beneath them, it must be something extremely important.

Of course, it is also possible that there is nothing at all beneath the Pyramids, or the Sphinx. It is all speculation, but quite reasonable at that, knowing what we do about human psychology and the thought processes of ancient Egypt.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The Sphynx is a national monument. Who's going to take responcability for the exacting extraction of the libiary contained under the paw? Who's going to foot the bill for that? Who's going to foot the bill for the documents to be restored, respected, translated, and more.

Who's going to foot all these bills that arise out of the sphynx paw?

Even if Bill Gates was going to foot the bill, shouldn't Bill want something in return? (I'm just using Gates because he's a known richman).

Shouldn't Bill Expect to have ownership of what is extracted?

What about the Arabs? They have enough money right? What controling party will get to control the libiary beneath the paw?

The questions go on and on. These are but a few issues that keeps us from the Libiary beneath the paw.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Its held up by Eygptian government. I even heard that the Ark of the covenant is there-but I can't confirm it- because no one knows for sure.

That's just foolishness. The Ark was around well after the Sphynx and Pyramids were built!

According to the bible, on the return of the Christ to the earth, a great temple comes down out of the sky and that temple contains the ark of the covern. Thusly, if the ark is anywhere it's up with the aliens.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
The ultimate book of records. Egyptians won't give it up, or know it, have known it, the implications of which would rock this world.

Do you really believe this? Don't get me wrong. A I understand it there is a hall of records there. But you call it the ultimate. What do you mean?

It's my personal experience that all these "records" of the world's civilazations pre-civilazation history and other aspects are tainted through natonalisim and personal perspective. Who ever was there on that time where that libiary was being burried would have to have been a perfected being to not so taint the records in a skewed way in one direction or another.

Though you might mean ultimate in accordance to size and weight. One can only speculate. I know personally I've thought about what could be within that record book.

Maybe however what's in our imagination is more relivant then the factuality of the uncovering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join