It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beneath the pyramids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Again,

There's no reason at all to believe there is anything but bedrock under the sphinx.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hi incarnate. Edgar Cayce enthusiast. Could he been full of hooey sure.
A 5ft nothing lithuanian building coral castle, also unlikely, yet it stands. I have funny ideas and truisms. Could there be a whole lot of sand and nothin' under the sphynxes left paw, certainly. I think not though. Why I think not? For the same reason my gut has gotten me this far in life.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In some recent research I've been doing about this, it does appear as though there are some chambers that may be natural or mademade below the sphinx. But the problem is that the water table is quite high, so much of what is below would be flooded. I'll try to dig up the article...

I have some theories about the pyramids... Perhaps the blocks were formed, ie some kind of cement.

I also think they reason why they were built was to last the ages, through the big floods. I think they are a sign post trying to warn us of the eventual polar shift and corresponding floods. This is why they are also tied in with astrological phenomenal, when the sky looks like this, watch out! They are massive monoliths which will still be around after everything else has been wiped out and reset.

Another theory I have is that maybe they are life generators, tapped into earth energy vortexes. It seems like wherever you see pyramids you also see ancient cultures. Which came first, the people or the pyramid?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Hi incarnate. Edgar Cayce enthusiast. Could he been full of hooey sure.
A 5ft nothing lithuanian building coral castle, also unlikely, yet it stands. I have funny ideas and truisms. Could there be a whole lot of sand and nothin' under the sphynxes left paw, certainly. I think not though. Why I think not? For the same reason my gut has gotten me this far in life.

I think you misunderstood me.

There's something there. There have been scientific sound to ground radar tests that have proven there's at least a room.

I too believe that there is in fact a well host of documents and texts to be discovered there.

My point was that I don't see how it would help anything. I've found alot of good stuff in the known text/scrolls and documents, but people just argue and agrue, "fake it till they make it".

My point was that it doesn't matter what is written on those hidden documents. They will not give sight to the blind and they will not make the deff hear.

I believe you do have sight and hearing. The things you know, you know. I understand that to the fullest context. My point is that those documents don't help you understand anything that you already have knowledge on.

That's my point.

I don't think there is enough time to hope for the uncovering of those texts.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think you all should read the the information on this link MYSTERIES OF THE PYRAMID i at least found it werry interesting
It has alot of informtion on the hidden chambers and stuff. Fiction? Well... I dont know.. Make your own mind.

--
Penta76

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Heres another theory, one I'm sure has been discussed. The masons, the Illumiati, the knights templar, the NWO are all in on the secret. Perahps the masons who built the pyramid passed down the knowledge of hidden secrets beneath the pyramids. A highly kept secret only to be revealed when civilization reached a certain point. We have the technology and ability to examine the pyramids more closely, lets move some stones, we can always put them back into their original configuration. Or maybe we are waiting for a war.. Doesn't Revalations say something about Egypt being destroyed, an errant missile or two and the great pyramid is blown open revealing a secret passageway to the basement of the pyramid.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mescalero
reply to post by photobug

The last, great secrets are supposed to be buried under or in the Sphynx. Why they haven't excavated yet is beyond me.

Oh, but they have: according to Mr. Hawass' crew, they found a lot of sand and "an old shoe"
(= sic: a shoe, just one). In short, "nothing worth exploring".

As far as I know, all requests to see the aforementioned shoe have been declined or otherwise discouraged.
(I wrote about this on ATS a long while ago.)

So you see, it's s beyond all of us...

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Maybe they've already been excavated and no-one's telling us about it.
Or maybe that's why they're building a great big wall around it. So no-one can see what they're doing in that area.
I have a simple solution - at least for some of us.
Why don't some of the astral projectors/remote viewers on this site zoom off to Egypt and have a look for us?
They can pass through solid walls and the like, and almost no-one can see them to stop them.
Then again, maybe there are astral guards or spells to keep people away.
Still, only one way to find out.
I'd have a go myself, but I've been trying since about 1974, and never managed it consciously, and I never remember what I wanted to do when it happens spontaneously.
Come on you lot. Get cracking....and while you're at it, check out the Moon and Mars for alien bases and stuff for us will ya?.
Mind you, the hoaxers could have a field day with this one, but maybe....., just maybe.....

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Why don't some of the astral projectors/remote viewers on this site zoom off to Egypt and have a look for us?
They can pass through solid walls and the like, and almost no-one can see them to stop them.
Then again, maybe there are astral guards or spells to keep people away.
Still, only one way to find out.

And then what...?
Do they tell the mainstream media (which are still the only ones the "general public" ever listens to)?

Can you imagine that?

I can tell you, Mr. Hawass would definitely have a field day with that...

Anyway, Mr. Hawass says they have excavated it.

Which brings us back to the shoe question...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For those interested of course, there is evidence of the existence of cavities beneath the Sphinx.

reply to post by spacevisitor

Here are some research results..

The last site investigated by the Japanese [Waseda University in Japan] was the Sanctuary of the Sphinx.
The conclusion of the Japanese work suggests that the sanctuary of the Sphinx contains more cavities below the Sphinx than were previously known.

Source; www.catchpenny.org...

www.catchpenny.org...

- the hidden chamber:
Since the 70s, radar and other sophisticated machines have probed the ground around the Sphinx. Each time, experts discovered "holes" in the ground below the Sphinx and the causeway between the Sphinx and the pyramids. "hole" means there is possibly a room hidden under the Sphinx.

Egyptian authorities have always been reluctant up to now, they've always refused to dig the ground to see if those "holes" where built by men or simply natural. It seems that the situation is changing now, the pyramids will be closed for six months this year. It's the first time in six years it happens. It means that the Egyptian authorities will, perhaps, dig the ground to discover if there is really something hidden under the Sphinx.

Source; www.geocities.com...

Interesting isn’t it?

[edit on 28/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
For those interested of course, there is evidence of the existence of cavities beneath the Sphinx.

reply to post by spacevisitor

Here are some research results..

The last site investigated by the Japanese [Waseda University in Japan] was the Sanctuary of the Sphinx.
The conclusion of the Japanese work suggests that the sanctuary of the Sphinx contains more cavities below the Sphinx than were previously known.

Source; www.catchpenny.org...

www.catchpenny.org...

Spacevisitor,
I don't know if you noticed, but that report from the Japanese dates to 1987.

Mr. Orcutt really needs to update his Catchpenny website.

My understanding is that excavation has occurred there since, finding nothing anomalous.

BTW, limestone is typically riddled with hollows, this occurs naturally.

Caves, you know?

Harte

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hi photobug,

You might find this link interesting ... well written ... well set-out ... lots of information about tunnels/chambers etc under the sphinx/pyramids.

www.towers-online.co.uk...

Enjoy Woody

[edit on 29-2-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute

Maybe this is the case with the pyramids. I don't know, it's just a theory..

I like your theory... good post

One possibility that has to be considered is that IF there was something hidden under the pyramid, to hide it from the casual thief, whatever was preserved there might have actually been recovered by the Egyptian government... in partnership with some of it's allies (like the US).

Perhaps what might have been meant for the whole of humanity has been kept hidden by a select few.... Hidden either to maintain the status quo and protect us from ourselves, or out of sheer power-hungry greed.

The reason I suggest this is.... In this day and age, with the sophisticated equipment available, I can't imagine any hidden chambers (even underground ones) remaining hidden for long. That being the case, the obvious alternatives are:
1/ They already found whatever was hidden and removed it.
2/ They already found whatever was hidden and are still studying it in secret (hence no one else allowed to research the monument for 'hidden stuff'
3/ There is nothing there... an option I find hard to swallow, as you don't just dumped 6,000,000 tons of rock into the shape of a pyramid and have a few tiny room and corridors in the middle of it. Tiny room and corridors with NO mention of WHY you've just gone to all that trouble.

Just theorising... like your good self

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by Leyla

Originally posted by Mescalero

The last, great secrets are supposed to be buried under or in the Sphynx. Why they haven't excavated yet is beyond me.

Its held up by Eygptian government. I even heard that the Ark of the covenant is there-but I can't confirm it- because no one knows for sure.

That's just foolishness. The Ark was around well after the Sphynx and Pyramids were built!

According to the bible, on the return of the Christ to the earth, a great temple comes down out of the sky and that temple contains the ark of the covern. Thusly, if the ark is anywhere it's up with the aliens.

Actually, many theorise the 'Ark' rests in a small church in Ethoipia- but it's off limits to all but a solitary priest-guardian - who has the job for life. That's of course if one believes it ever existed to begin with...

J.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Spacevisitor,

I know Harte, and there where two other search teams after them,

In 1991 a team consisting of geologist Robert Schoch (Boston University), Thomas Dobecki, and John Anthony West.

In 1992 Imam Marzouk and Ali Gharib from the Egyptian National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics.

You find info in this article.

On 10 February 1997, NOVA conducted an on-line Internet question-and-answer session with the Director of the Giza Plateau, Zahi Hawass. At the time, Sphinx restoration was ongoing. Guy Stokes, of Fruitvale, B.C., asked:

www.catchpenny.org...

My understanding is that excavation has occurred there since, finding nothing anomalous.

Oke, that is your understanding, they say that they don’t find nothing anomalous since, but can you really be 100% shore of that?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Spacevisitor,

I know Harte, and there where two other search teams after them,

In 1991 a team consisting of geologist Robert Schoch (Boston University), Thomas Dobecki, and John Anthony West.

In 1992 Imam Marzouk and Ali Gharib from the Egyptian National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics.

You find info in this article.

On 10 February 1997, NOVA conducted an on-line Internet question-and-answer session with the Director of the Giza Plateau, Zahi Hawass. At the time, Sphinx restoration was ongoing. Guy Stokes, of Fruitvale, B.C., asked:

www.catchpenny.org...

Oke, that is your understanding, they say that they don’t find nothing anomalous since, but can you really be 100% shore of that?

Well, I believe Schoch said as much, and since he's the guy that places the age of the Sphinx at 6,000 BC or possibly even earlier, I don't think he's afraid to say, if you get what I mean.

It is not unusual to pick up what Cayce lovers like to call "anomalies" in the bedrock when you use subsurface sonar equipment. Even in basalt. In very old and weathered limestone, which is the way Schoch describes it, it would be highly unusual not to find voids, pockets and breaks which would return an "anomalous" reading.

In this case, these things are really only "anomalous" if you pretend that limestone should appear perfectly solid and homogeneous when read by sonar - and that is never gonna be the case.

Schoch, as a geologist, knows this and actually tells us.

Harte

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Ive always wondered this also.

As far as the foundation, they have excavated the foundation. At some of the corners or maybe even one corner of the pyramid they uncovered the foundation. I believe some of the big corner blocks are missing including the casing stones leaving the foundation visible, the corner stone kinda sat in a socket.

What I dont understand is why dont they ask exxon or whoever to use that kick butt technology they use to find oil miles deep. Ill bet if there was oil in a hidden chamber...

Another thing bugs me, they say the only 'true evidence' proving that egyptian king Khufu, or whoever, built the great pyramid is some hieroglyphs scratched in between some large stones inside the pyramid.

These writings could only have been chipped into the stone by the builder, which from what Hancock suggest was in the Khufu period. (the glyphs in the upper kings chamber cant be verified as authenic so they dont count).

So what bugs me is I havent seen any pics of the glyphs between the two stones, where is that so called proof.
Am I supposed to believe Hancock because he says so?

As far as im concerned there still isnt proof that king Khufu built the Great Pyramid, so that means it could be way older than we know.

actually the characters stating that kufu built it were not carved but drawn in coal and other materials used for writing on rock. and it's interesting to note that while almost every other major egyptian temple and site has extensive hieroglyphic artwork lining the insides the great pyramid, one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world only had a few characters written on the inside about kufu. also there has never been any treasure (gold statues,sarcophagus etc) ever found in the great pyramid that i'm aware of(i may be mistaken). a little strange dont you think? as far as i can recall only about three or four sites in all of egypt share this feature, a temple, the sphinx, and the great pyramid....
although the sphinx has or had a tablet in front of it talking about kufu..it's never been exclusively proven that he had it built as much of the text was missing when it was discovered. it's merely an educated guess.

who knows maybe kufu really did have both of them built and all the speculation by even some well respected egyptologists is just that...speculation.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Good thinking
You would want future generations to find it eventually, but not too soon.. not until we had the technology to move the stones and open it. Makes sense to end religious war first given that is what the world has been fighting over for thousands of years. 80 years of fear, adversity and suffering is currently a life sentence to most people.. let alone science having in their hands the knowledge or plant/water of life that could regenerate cells/dna for the human to live 500 years - or forever on earth.. I think the great pyramid stands to testify that we keep coming back here after death. So, more than any gold or written documents about someone's belief about god, life and death, it would be more valuable to prove soul and reincarnation (by astronomy and sphinx to mark the 'first time' and natal charts 'end time' or rebirth) which would put an end to evolution theories and religious war over texts and teach that life is the gift. Most of Revelation talks about bringing the Kingdom of Heaven (eternal life/fixed stars) to earth. Religion still teaches that death is eternal life in heaven. perhaps so for the soul. Wouldn't it seem logical that our next step would be eternal life on earth while alive. I honestly believe that is our opportunity for the "New World" and Age of Aquarius but we're all going through a massive power struggle right now between religions. Anyway that's my vision and thoughts on Giza, and I agree the weight of stone was either to seal what is beneath, to testify to the true nature of man (good and bad characteristics), and so it is still there thousands of years later when we can figure it out and we won't be burned at a stake by religion for saying it was to prove soul and reincarnation and that god is nature (especially if you're female). - melinda laidlaw

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
yes they know exactly waht the foundation is like. giza was bult on a short platue of bedrock. they cleared out the sand to expose the bedrock and build directly on it. yes there is actually a small outcropping in the center of the foundation under the pyramid. It is sorta cave like but only about 15 feet across. and about 5 feet or so high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join