It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormac mac airt
No really when it comes to Egyptian hieroglyphics. That's why the Rosetta Stone was so useful. Archaeologists know what the Egyptians were writing about/saying.

How can you be 100% sure that the translation on the Rosetta Stone is 100% accurate, that what you read are the exact translations?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

How can you be 100% sure that the translation on the Rosetta Stone is 100% accurate, that what you read are the exact translations?

Because it was written in Hieroglyphics, Demotic and Greek. At the time it was discovered Demotic and Greek were already known. The translations have shown to be the same in all three languages. Also, in comparing the Hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone with similar writings elsewhere it would become apparent if the translations were in error. As far as I know it isn't.

Wanting them to be in error does not make them so.

cormac

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormac mac airt
reply to post by spacevisitor

Because it was written in Hieroglyphics, Demotic and Greek. At the time it was discovered Demotic and Greek were already known. The translations have shown to be the same in all three languages. Also, in comparing the Hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone with similar writings elsewhere it would become apparent if the translations were in error. As far as I know it isn't.

Wanting them to be in error does not make them so.

cormac

Thanks cormac, it’s really amazing isn’t it that this precious piece of stone was found, because suppose it was never discovered would we ever know the meaning of those Hieroglyphics then?
Or was there another possibility?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Your points are not moot at all, as I wont for a minute believe that "first there was nothing, then the pyramids" as Hanslune says.

What I said Sky was

The pyramids show a evolution from Mastabas to the apogee at Giza and a general decline- why decline, why earlier easier forms ? If they had a plan?

I think you based your flawed understanding off my statement here

The evolution of pyramids went from: nothing to simple, to complex then declined.

To make it clear the pyramids show a demonstratable evolution, from mastabas to step pyramids, etc.

Win 52

Question for you, if another culture built the pyramids- where are there villages and living materials? Nothing but neolithic farmers and sahara pastorists who morphed over time into the Egyptians have been found.

Lost

Good question on what would have happened if the Rosetta had not been found. I'll check to see what other multi-lingual items have been found.

[edit on 2/6/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I say they were built when that area was lush and green. The desert where they are found to be now was not there when they were built. The food alone needed to support a physical effort like building them by hand would be a larger pile than one pyramid. Think about it.

Our biggest effort today is not much different than it was back then, putting food on the table.

Being poured would help with some of the logic, and that may very well be the case. There is too much speculation involved to stand firm at any position.

I laugh at the narrow views taken by people touting the accepted theory. There is no theory immune to revision or correction, only facts are immune. How those facts/artifacts are interpreted seems to be slanted towards the position of the interpreter even when evidence points in another direction. With this discussion, there are very few facts with wide margins for speculation. To take such an authoritative posture on speculation, secrecy, lying, hiding facts, and any other falsehood which applies is foolish, at best.

Till the truth stands without clothing so we can all see the beginning, it will be open for more speculation. See, I can speculate with the rest of you. Oh, you read it in a book did you? Another persons speculation, supported by more speculation.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune[/i

Not a word about this - if the Egyptian had this type of technology it would have shown up in superior weaponry. It didn't and Egypt came under foreign domination and alien religions flooded in.

Here is another compelling argument for the Egyptians of that era were not responsible for those structures. They would have been even greater than they claim. At best, they were just using what they found.

Where are the records of Egypt with lush vegetation? The pyramids gave up that information years ago, but we still refuse to accept it. Why? Because some of us refuse to recognize we are a product of being seeded here. They would rather believe we are a product of genetic mutation called evolution.

The Gods promoted in modern theology are the same gods depicted in those structures and others around the world. How can that be? We have lost much of our records.

The dark ages, destruction of ancient records, the churches involved in a cover up, and a long list of other negatives, all point towards a history that is lost to us. Now we speculate on where we have been as a species.

I do not think Chinese, Egyptian, African, Polynesian as being separate races. We are all here, so we have shared similar history. We are just one big feuding family, get over it.

I am here because this is where a crack in the veil of secrecy will allow for more understanding to surface.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

The pyramids show a evolution from Mastabas to the apogee at Giza and a general decline- why decline, why earlier easier forms ? If they had a plan?

Again, Mastabas are a mirror of what is in Giza. Man's feeble attempt to re-create the grandure of a lost civilization.

Still don't get it?

There are many mounds all over the world. Some of them are very old and some of them are new.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ah but Win

You over look the obvious - where is this other civilization? Civilizations leave traces. On the Gizah plateau there is evidence of only the Egyptians.

That is a fact.

The Nile valley is one of greatest producers of food the world has ever seen. Before the Aswan dam was built the annual flood insured the renewal of the fields - a great boost to productivity.

You can get more information on how the pyramid workers were fed by looking at the bakeries found at the workers village.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Always good to hear from you, Byrd.

You certainly do have a way of clearing the air.

Don't be a stranger.

Harte

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ah but Win

You over look the obvious - where is this other civilization? Civilizations leave traces. On the Gizah plateau there is evidence of only the Egyptians.

That is a fact.

No, they disappear over time.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yes, all organic things return to the base elements they were made up of, over time. That is a fact, right? Unless they are preserved in some way, of course.

Hans- the Egyptians living there today are the descendants of the original builders. I think the time line is what is messed up. The time lines used in modern theory are of those descendants of the original builders. People go to extreme lengths in order to refute the biblical tale. It may not be recorded accurately, but it is a record that has survived Milena.

There may have been a flood of epic proportions, however I do believe there were other survivors besides the said Noah, and his seven shipmates. There were even dinosaur survivors. Some of the ancient Hebrew tales of giant creatures roaming the land eating every living thing in their path. They were fierce creatures, T-Rex anyone.

Oh, the other place where new information will come to the surface is in the Southern Hemisphere. I said Antarctica and I now believe the discoveries in New Zealand will help with those new finds.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

You said it yourself, there are things that still remain a puzzle or what was it, casts doubt on accepted theory.

I am sorry for being such a doubter. I just know there is another history out there we are not considering along with accepted theory. The records may be lost but the events make up the fabric of humanity.

I challenge you scholars to reach down within the bowels of your fabric, in order to find the answers. It is in part who we are and where we came from.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh, I got excited again. Double post.

Hey, the worst that could happen is that we are all wrong.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by win 52]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Ah but Win

That is a fact.

No, they disappear over time.

Incorrect, any culture that would rise to a Civilization in the time frame we are speaking of would leave an indelible archaeological footprint.

There is none that has so far been found.

You say that Skyfloating because of one of two reasons. 1. You must say it because it must be true for your belief system to function 2. You don't have enough knowledge of the hows and whats of how Archaeology works.

I'd say it's both 1 and 2, we cannot do anything about 1 but you could learn more about archaeology and know what and what isn't findable and what and what is not recorded for people to find.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Belief-system?

Id be interested to know what you think happened prior to AE, say the last
100 000 years.

Habitually you lurk around these boards refuting anything uttered by me, but have yet to present your version of events.

Chronologically, what happened prior to AE?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Oh, I got excited again. Double post.

Hey, the worst that could happen is that we are all wrong.

[

Haha, well yes we could - it could all be a matrix style program or we're all living in a very large alien zoo.

All we have to go on is the evidence from the 200+ years of archaeological work plus documentation for the later years.

Wooish writers try to give the impress that Egyptologists are just making stuff up. Unfortunately for that belief there re hundreds of thousands of pages of research and archaeology to base their theories on.

Sorry no evidence of a Noah style "world wiping out flood". Yes the builders are the Egyptians just like the 3rd Dynasty built the first stepped pyramid.

If you are in a reading mood

Neolithic

Critical evaluation, tree-ring calibration, and statistical analysis of 95 radiocarbon dates from neolithic and predynastic sites in Upper Egypt and the Delta provide the following average age estimates in calendrical years BC.
Early Fayum Neolithicca 5200 to 4500 BC
Early Merimda Neolithicca 4800 BC
Late Merimda Neolithic 4400 BC
Late Fayum Neolithicca 4000 BC
Late Badarian? (Hemamieh)ca 4400/4000 BC
Early Nagada (Nagada)ca 3750 BC
Hierakonpolis (Locs 11 & 29)ca 3550 BC
Late Nagada (South Town)ca 3450 BC

More

Radiocarbon data from 150 archaeological excavations in the now hyper-arid Eastern Sahara of Egypt, Sudan, Libya, and Chad reveal close links between climatic variations and prehistoric occupation during the past 12,000 years. Synoptic multiple-indicator views for major time slices demonstrate the transition from initial settlement after the sudden onset of humid conditions at 8500 B.C.E. to the exodus resulting from gradual desiccation since 5300 B.C.E. Southward shifting of the desert margin helped trigger the emergence of pharaonic civilization along the Nile, influenced the spread of pastoralism throughout the continent, and affects sub-Saharan Africa to the present day.

Sedentation

Sedentation in the early Nile Valley

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You reject evidence given by Geologists about the entrance of the great pyramid being blocked by a flood, not the sands of time.

Cherry picking is no good and won't wash in this court.

Yes and consistent with a shift of land mass and/or magnetic poles, climate changes did occur.

With the coming completion of another cycle, at least what few records of the projected event our forefathers left behind demonstrate, are you ready for witnessing first hand a shift which will again change climates around the world?

Brainwashing is difficult to deal with, as a victim.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by win 52]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You reject evidence given by Geologists about the entrance of the great pyramid being blocked by a flood, not the sands of time.

Hans: No such evidence exists, for either for that occurrence or a universal flood.

Cherry picking is no good and won't wash in this court.

Hans: Then I would advise you not to do that. Court? Does the next word in that unfinished sentence start with a "j".

Yes and consistent with a shift of land mass and/or magnetic poles, climate changes did occur.

Hans: Yes the climate did change as shown by ice cores and pollen samples. No land shift (other than the slow movement of tectonic plates) or change of magnetic poles however.

With the coming completion of another cycle, at least what few records of the projected event our forefathers left behind demonstrate, are you ready for witnessing first hand a shift which will again change climates around the world?

Hans: If I understand what you are saying you are saying that the climate goes thru cycles, yes it does and we are of course in said cycle.

Brainwashing is difficult to deal with, as a victim.

Hans: Yes religions do tend to do that to a lot of weak folks. However you can reject creationism, keep the spiritualism and accept the methodology of science. Its easier.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Belief-system?

Yes Sky you appear to have a belief rather than an evidence based view of the world.

Id be interested to know what you think happened prior to AE, say the last

Habitually you lurk around these boards refuting anything uttered by me, but have yet to present your version of events.

Well of course not the NWO cannot have you spouting the truth and allowing people to know they are the spawn of aliens - now can we? LOL. I tend to refute you a lot Sky because of what you say.

Chronologically, what happened prior to AE?

So you want me to come out with a long answer that you will then reject?

Well lets see

Slow evolution of culture starting around 70,000 years ago as modern humans came out of Africa. Displacing existing populations of Neanderthals and perhaps others.

Slow shift from family group hunter-gathering to more complex social structure concurrent with the development of agriculture and larger villages.

Movement into the Nile valley as the Sahara began to dry out after the end of the last ice age.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Thank you. Thats what I wanted to know.

Now...if I may ask you: Where, in your opinion, did it all start? And how?

This question goes back to the origins of humanity. How it relates to AE I will come back to later.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join