It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This thread is for publishing data on possible cover-ups of the ancient egyptian legacy. Some info posted will be personal-research material not published on the internet or in any book before.

If anyone wishes to contribute new or underpublished information on "alternative egyptology" or the Egypt-ET-Mars Connection, Id appreciate it.

I became more interested in the subject when I realized that the private beliefs of some "high ranking" people in the field were at odds with their public image.

I will start out with the following article I wrote about a year ago and follow up with other material as I go along.

Dr. Zahi Hawass and the Extraterrestrials

Dr. Zahi Hawass is the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities or internationally known as the “Boss” and “Caretaker” of the Great Pyramids of Egypt. He is also internationally respected as one of the leading Egyptologists in the field.

Dr. Hawass frequently appears on Television and in the Press when it comes to questions about ancient Egypt and the Giza Plateau. Concerning fringe topics such as ancient astronauts, extraterrestrials and Atlantis, Dr. Hawass rarely misses an opportunity to debunk such notions and fervently speak out against them. One of the more recent of such public outbursts was when he scoffed at the idea of Bosnian Pyramids, saying that he could “not take anyone seriously who believed in extraterrestrials and Atlantis”.

This article was written to present evidence that Hawass private beliefs on these subjects may be quite different than his publicly stated beliefs. This ties in well with a list of other leading figures in Egyptology who have been overheard saying different things in private than they say to the Press.

In the early 1990s, A. Bayuk, a chiropractic from Connecticut, began “channelling extraterrestrials”. According to him and the people who started gathering at these channelling sessions, he would go into a state of trance and channel a group of extraterrestrials or an extraterrestrial entity by the name of “Elan” from a “human-grey hybrid race”. In these sessions he would talk mostly about personal empowerment, UFOs, earth changes…and also about the Egyptian Pyramids. In comparison to the overall “self-empowerment” market, the channelled material was judged by many to be of rather high quality – an evaluation I myself would agree with after having listened to dozens of taped transcripts of the sessions.

While most of the channelled material pertained to self-empowerment issues, some of it adressed questions coming from the group members. The connection “extraterrestrials and the pyramids” were made throughout and the ETs he seemed to be channelling gave the issue quite a lot of importance. So much so that in 1997 or 1998 (I do not recall the exact dates because the information has been removed from the Internet entirely) he arranged to give one of his channelling-sessions or talks inside one of the Great Pyramids. He received permission to channel extraterrestrials inside the Pyramid from Zahi Hawass personally (according to him, according to the tape transcripts which I own and according to the website data which was removed more than 5 years ago).

It is apparently from this event that Bayuk developed an association with Hawass. It is also from this time on (around 1998) that Bayuk abruptly quit his channelling work and any sign thereof was removed from the Internet. Since the late 90s he neither sells his tapes, nor does he publicly offer sessions, although the demand for his material was quite high.

What is Mr. Bayuk doing today? This is where it gets interesting. He has created and continues to maintain and host Dr. Zahi Hawass personal website as part of his award-winning Egyptology website www.guardians.net. This website, once featured on CNN, makes no mention whatsoever of extraterrestrials, atlantis, ancient astronauts, but follows the official line as upheld by conventional Egyptology.

A few years ago I wrote to Mr. Bayuk, asking why he had quit his ET-Channelings and stopped the distribution of his tapes. I receieved no response. So I started asking the same questions in his circle of associates or ex-participants (of the sessions). But also there I got no response save for evasive answers such as “Well, he has moved on to other interests”.

Is it a coincidence that one of his new interests is Egyptology…a path recommended to him by the UFOnauts he had supposedly been channelling? Is it not interesting that one of the most prominent UFO- and ET-Debunkers, Zahi Hawass, lets a former ET-Channeller host his website, thereby jeopardizing his reputation?

If you wish to find back-up for the claims made in this article, do it quickly. Why? Because the evidence of the connection is rapidly disappearing. Here and there you might still find a few hints of Hawass friend/website-host former life as a channeller of extraterrestrials and the fact that he held those sessions in one of the Giza Pyramids.

From all of the information I have gathered about “Fringe Egyptology” throughout the years, of which this article is only a small piece, I do not suspect either Mr. Bayuk or Dr. Hawass to be guilty of a cover-up with bad intentions. Instead I have come to believe that the intention is to protect Dr. Hawass professional position and reputation within the community of Egyptologists and toward the press.

This happens to many Egyptologists: Were they to reveal their true beliefs they would predictably be removed from office and could no longer conduct their research and no longer secretly spill valid information to the public.

In countering what has been presented here, one could say that Mr. Bayuk, has changed his beliefs about Egyptology. While this cant be ruled out as an explanation you have to ask yourself why Hawass gave permission for his fringe activities in the Giza Pyramids and why Mr. Bayuk never publicly stated that he no longer believes in ETs.

As there is evidence for the Giza Plateau hiding secrets that could cause religious world wars, don’t be surprised if you hit on a wall of silence and secrecy when asking too many questions.

Disclaimer: : This article is not asserting bad intentions or a cover-up on the side of the names named. It is asserting that leading figures of the field (such as Hawass but also many others) publicly state different beliefs than they have in private in order to avoid ridicule by the mainstream.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Wall of Giza

A recent controversy surrounds the building of a huge wall around the Giza Plateau. The official explanation for this wall is to protect the pyramids from dirt, camel excretions, intruders. Even most "alternative egyptologists" concede that thats what the wall is for.

When I have a bit more time I will post a few hints in the direction that the building of a wall around the pyramids (and way, way out into the desert where it wouldnt even be necessary) might have other reasons than officially proclaimed.

The wall has been and is currently being built so far out into the desert that you wonder if future excavations on things already found underground are being planned.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hi there 'Sky' ... it's been a while since we've caught up with each other ... and I hope you are well my friend.

I've just finished reading your OP, and I find it absolutely fascinating. On a personal note I have to admit that I have despised the arrogance of Dr Hawass and the way he postures himself ever since I came across him many years ago now ... just the mention of his name makes my teeth itch.

But the points you bring to light here intrigue me. I can only assume one of two reasons behind this little mystery.

1. Dr Hawass has very different opinions than those he makes the public aware of.

2. Mr Bayuk has been got at (mind-manipulation/blackmail who knows), and from a conspiracy perspective ... could this mean he was aware of somthing that was not meant to be made public ?

Yes, (to all you debunkers gagging at the bit) who will doubtless be tut tutting and rolling your eyes at that suggestion, I know the ridicule that is waiting to gush forth from your lips ... I've heard it all before.

The point is and the thing that will be missed by the academics here is this ... (they will simply assume that he has 'seen the light' glory be and hallelujah), but in reality (yes, I did say reality), for someone like Mr Bayuk to do a complete about face on this is 'unusual' to say the least.

Speaking as someone with a passion for the subject from a 'channelled' perspective (a word I truly hate because of it's implications), that I always try to back-up with historical/scientific data ... I know that there is nothing on God's green Earth that could possibly sway me from such deep rooted beliefs !

Sky, you know as well as I that the naysayers will be swooping in like vultures to a week old carcass ... but I find this of great interest and I thank-you for posting this information.

Bright Blessings. Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

From what I've read about Hawass and what I've seen on the history channel, I've come to the conclusion that this man is a shill.

It is in the best interest of those in power to keep the status quo. To shed light on alternative history would be counterintuitive for those wanting to 'keep a brother down.'

I do not believe most of what this man says and I can tell he's full of it. I trust my intuition over his opinion.

Something is hidden under the Sphinx and Pyramid; secret chambers with mummies, a grand treasure room, who knows.

What I do know is that archaeologists studied the Sphinx with ground-penetrating radar and found SOMETHING. However, when they wanted to further investigate, the likes of Hawass shut down any kind of investigation.

I do not believe this man one bit.

Thanks for the story SkyFloating.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi Woodwytch and BiggieSmalls...

long time no see.

Rest assured we have enough ammunition to make those naysayers feel very uncomfortable.

They´ll have to blind themselves to "explain-away" some stuff thats going to be posted here.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Interesting thread and although I have nothing to add or detract from your pieces I wonder whether you may be able to help me given your extensive knowledge of Egyptology.

I recently came across the work of Rene Schwaller de Lubicz which I found most interesting, even more so when I found that while in his lifetime he was dismissed, much of his work is now being confirmed by modern study...however this is not what drew me to Lubicz and this is where I need help. He supposedly started a group called the 'Watchmen' or 'Vigilant Ones' or in the original French 'Les Veilleurs' of which Rudolf Hess was a member...I can find no other information beyond that...it was evidently a political group BUT given that Hess was himself born and raised in Egypt I am highly curious if there is some connection. Hess was of course renowned for his interest in the esoteric....

I apologise if I am going off topic but I saw an opportunity and a sliver of relevance so I took it.
And you never know it might just be relevant my ignorance of these matters is somewhat gaping.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I present for your study the common lightbulb. We have all seen the stone carving in egypt that clearly shows the use of the lightbulb in the undeground construction and decoration of the tombs.(if not watch more history channel)

Here is an old retail display:
www.nipperhead.com...

I do not have a link but you will need to find an Edison ad before GE. It clearly relates his connection. This ad will be much older than th Parrish ones. Probably before 1910. Its clear what the connection is and it was quickly swept under the rug during the Mazda-GE pairing.

And lets not forget Jehovah's Witnesses. (Watchmen/Watchtower?)

www.cftf.com...

An hour or so at the online telecom museum shows the same telltale links.

Its my belief a great amount of knowledge was looted out of Egypt and sold to the highest bidder and these items and the information were related to a great amount of inventions in the early 20th century.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The Wall of Giza

A recent controversy surrounds the building of a huge wall around the Giza Plateau. The official explanation for this wall is to protect the pyramids from dirt, camel excretions, intruders. Even most "alternative egyptologists" concede that thats what the wall is for.

When I have a bit more time I will post a few hints in the direction that the building of a wall around the pyramids (and way, way out into the desert where it wouldnt even be necessary) might have other reasons than officially proclaimed.

The wall has been and is currently being built so far out into the desert that you wonder if future excavations on things already found underground are being planned.

Didn't someone do a GPR survey of the area a while back? I don't remember much but they were going to work the are and see if there was any further amount of buildings at that lower level where the sphinx sits.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This subject fascinates me. After reading Lawrence Gardner's "Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark", Which has apparently been discontinued btw, I became very curious about "Mfkzt". I believe this substance and its manufacture may be at the heart of the dissembling and disinfo propagated by Dr. Hawass. I'm with biggie smalls on this guy.

From what I've read about Hawass and what I've seen on the history channel, I've come to the conclusion that this man is a shill. I do not believe most of what this man says and I can tell he's full of it. I trust my intuition over his opinion.

I also agree he is part of the coverup to "keep a brother down." I don't think it is just about alternative history, though. It is about levitation (anti-gravity fields?), alternative energy sources, and control of the very means by which we live.

I know, I know, white powder gold and ORMEs are getting laughed at and lumped in with coral calcium, but imo, there is much, much more to the stuff than a simple nutritional supplement. What we are really talking about here may actually be the Philosopher's Stone. Coupled with the Ark as a hyper-capacitor, Mfkzt may have acted as a superconductor, in addition to its other uses, creating a super powerful tool and weapon.

In a very real sense, with reference to the Ancient Egyptian light bulb hieroglyphs, we are being kept in the dark. Illahee is right, but I think the profits generated by this tech just scratch the surface of the story. Einstein had UFT, Unified Field Theory. This thread may develop into a UCT, Unified Conspiracy Theory.

Perhaps the Giza wall is meant to enclose a spacefield (a landing area for spacecraft, like an airfield is a landing area for aircraft)?

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Please forgive my intrusion but i have to share this, you will have to take my word for it as i have no evidence of the conversation, all i can do is reasure you that it did happen and this thread has amazed me even more concerning it.

In 2001 i lived in AZ near Winslow very close to the Navajo nation, i had a friend who took me to the second mesa which is home to the Hopi, we where there to see a katchina dance and celebration, at night time i sat with a few men who where talking about live the universe and everything, when an old man who i was told later was an elder shamen who lived in Hotvilla which is the Hopi seat, he told us a story which i cant repeat here.

However i can tell you that he said when the Sphinx is finally opened and the Magic is discovered, it will lead three world leaders to convince other world leaders to stop the fighting, he said this will be the first day of the new world, as i said i wont reveal everything he said that is not for me to do, but i did get the impression that many many people will die before hand.

As i said i have no proof but my word.

My wife is facinated with Ancient Egypt and i must admit i like to watch tv shows and read books ETC, My wife dispises Hawass for what she said he did to Dr Joanne Fletcher when she tried to convince the world that the Mummy of Nefertiti had been found, using talents of some of the gratest scientists in their field she had the Mummy X-rayed and scanned, she had a very convincing argument only to have Hawass completley put her down on TV.

My wife said he has no interest in revealing the truth he always tries to wriggle his way to all the great discoveries by controling everything.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Great thread Sky.

That there is some conspiracy surrounding the pyramids and Egyptology as a whole I have absolutely no doubt. There is far too much circumstantial evidence to suggest any other.

What the nature of the conspiracy is I am still unsure.
I have read various books relating various theories but don't have an in depth knowledge on the subject and as such am very open minded.

Egyptologists seem to have quite entrenched views and can be quite vitriolic in their denial of any new theories and supportive evidence.

The story you have presented is most suspicious and it does seem as if something is being hid from public view.

The one thing I just can't get my head around though is humans "channeling" aliens.
I'm sorry but I'd really need to see more substantial evidence of this for me to accept this scenario.
It stinks of mid-american spiritualism, no offense intended at all, and I just can't take it seriously.

I'm sure you will try to address my doubts about this in future posts which I thoroughly look forward to reading.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff. I definitely agree that there is something suspicious in the behavior of Hawass - from everything I've read it seems that he's more interested in stopping research, or discovery, than actually assisting it. He seems to use the "protecting the site" excuse quite a lot, though I'm reasonably certain that archaeologists are a bit of a practiced hand at discovery without destruction.

I may have to go dig out my copy of Schwaller de Lubicz's "King of Pharaonic Theocracy" and wade through it again.. as someone else said, he was frequently ridiculed, but his book seems to hang together in a way that many other 'theories' do not..

I would love to find out what is underneath the Sphinx, it seems inconceivable that there is nothing there but a giant statue..

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Replies

KilgoreTrout: I honestly do not know about the groups that de Lubicz was a member of and about Hess membership. But the piece of info is helpful nevertheless because its been shown again and again that all kinds of historical figures and famous people have practiced an intense interest in ancient egypt, an interest that goes beyond that of a mere spectator. It would be interesting to know the purpose of these groups.

Illahee: Robbed, Looted, Sold, Concealed, yes. Many have had their greedy hands in Egypt. Romans, Greeks, Arabs, the French, the Brits, the Germans and now the U.S. Interesting references on the lightbulbs btw.

IcarusRising: I´m a little familiar with the LaurenceGardener & WhitePowderGold stuff. You know whats interesting? I learned about the powder about 5 years before LaurenceGardener started talking about it (before it was generally known). Where did I learn about it? In one of the taped sessions mentioned in my opening post. If there´s anymore you can share about all this, go ahead.

azzlin: Its interesting that this shaman said "what they will find under the sphinx will convince world leaders to stop fighting". I had to ask myself: Will that be because what they found there or because what they planted there. I personally believe there are things to be found there, but being the conspiracy-theorists that we are, we cant rule out that theyve had enough time to plant stuff there.

Freeborn: Thanks for your post. In response: Whether we believe in channeling or not doesnt matter much in the context of this thread. What does matter is that Hawass, which mainstream egyptologists take to be "the leading person in egyptology" and who frequently scoffs at ET-ideas, not only has a buddy/website-host who claims to channel ETs but even allowed them to conduct their sessions inside one of the Pyramids. This is pretty funny because skeptics of alternative egyptology love to take Hawass words as "the gospel" when it comes to new discoveries.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
A look at the area the Giza wall will surround (sorry, somehow didnt get the whole picture in)

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Interestingly the area the wall is being built, coincides with ATS-Conspiracy-Pro Scott Creightons "Great Giza Triangle". This was found out by comparing data:

You will see the full map of the wall here too.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Byrd, Byrd...... where for art thou Byrd?

White powder gold, magic under the sphynx, Mars-alien-Egypt connections..... sigh. Nothing new under the Aten.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
sigh. Nothing new under the Aten.

plenty of new, not-ever-before published stuff here, and more to come.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Multiple reply post;

(biggie smalls) ...

'something is hidden under the Sphinx and Pyramid(s)'.

Yes, it is !!!

...'shut down any kind of investigation'...

The man (Hawass), makes a habit of this ... did the same thing with John West. I can't make my mind up whether he's under instructions from a 'higher source' ... or whether he's just a 'glory-grabber' plain and simple.

(IcarusRising);

...'anti-gravity' ... 'alternative-energy'...

I also have a theory about this concerning the original purpose served by The Grand Gallery (Great Pyramid) and the tiered system in the layout of the Gizeh Pyramids. This bares relevance to accessing 'subterraneous' artifacts.

As to your suggestion of a UCT ... I like it ... it's the reason I joined ATS (with reference to these very subjects). I was overwhelmed and unprepared for the attacks I received when I first posted on the 'Ancient Civilizations Forum' by two individuals in particular (Skyfloating will know who I'm referring to)
. As a result I have rarely posted here since ... but I think now, is the time for me to step forward again.

(azzllin);

I've seen you posting on several threads that I have also contributed to, in the last couple of weeks ... and I began to feel that we had a 'comon link' (other than the obvious Pagan connection) ... I think this could be it my friend.

You mentioned 'Joanne Fletcher' ... we must also remember the treatment Dr Hawass dished out to John West and numerous others.

He's like a slavering Pit-Bull ... whose purpose is to 'see off intruders' ... revoking licenses everytime someone comes close to going public about a discovery that is of a more 'unusual' nature.

I'm with your wife on this !!!

(Freeborn);

... humans 'channeling' aliens ... (need more substantial evidence) ...

Therby lies the damn problem my friend !!!

Your comments made me smile because I knew exactly what you meant. I am one of the most grounded ... down to Earth people I know. So imagine my dillemma when this happened to me personally. I am not in any way, shape or form what some would refer to as a 'new-age' hippy-type (wish I was ... it would make more sense then maybe).

As I mentioned in my first post here, I detest the word 'channeling' because of the implications it brings with it ... unfortunately I have never been able to come up with a more suitable alternative.

But when I started getting my information from a 'seperated souce' ... I 'knew' it was 100% acurate but I needed to find something to support it (I couldn't just accept it as 'real' ... that's down to my inner-sceptic I suppose). That's also why everything I've received via this weird method ... I've looked for accepted documented (historical/religious/scientific) evidence to back it up. Hell, I even went back to school and did a university course in 'Natural Earth Sciences', to see if my bizarre information/theories held water ... and they do !!!
The only problem remaining is (same old, same old), I can't prove it yet.

(Skyfloating);

I got a shiver when I looked at the image of the 'wall and triangle'. I can't wait to see/hear what else you have up your sleeve ... I have a few of my own to share but I'm very hesitant. Not because of the potential ridicule that might/will ensue (that's par for the course) ... but the reprocussions that could be involved. I've always felt that timing is of the essence ... and I'm teetering on the brink here ... just not sure this is the time yet.

Great thread. Woody

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

'something is hidden under the Sphinx and Pyramid(s)'.

Yes, it is !!!

Actually, no it's not. The idea has been thoroughly investigated with Hawass' express permission.

Originally posted by woodwytch

...'shut down any kind of investigation'...

The man (Hawass), makes a habit of this ...

Dr. Hawass is obligated to protect the ancient relics that are in the possession of his country. He has never, ever, "shut down" any legitimate investigation.

He may, however, have a different opinion of the definition of "legitimate" than many posters here.

I say thank God for this.

Originally posted by woodwytchdid the same thing with John West. I can't make my mind up whether he's under instructions from a 'higher source' ... or whether he's just a 'glory-grabber' plain and simple.

SNIP

You mentioned 'Joanne Fletcher' ... we must also remember the treatment Dr Hawass dished out to John West and numerous others.

One is led to wonder from these statements exactly why it is that you think John Anthony West should be accorded more and easier access to Egypt's antiquities than a legitimate Archaeological researcher.

West is a tour guide, author and playwright Perhaps we should also allow pizza cooks full and unimpeded access to dig under whatever 5,000 year old monument Egypt may have?

Originally posted by woodwytchHe's like a slavering Pit-Bull ... whose purpose is to 'see off intruders' ... revoking licenses everytime someone comes close to going public about a discovery that is of a more 'unusual' nature.

This is nothing but pure libel. I challenge you to produce one single incident where such a thing occurred.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Mate, great post. Pretty new to the topic, been reading a bit on benben stones but thats what i call an introduction to egyptology. Can't wait to read more. The Great Mystery of the Pyramids. great indeed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join