It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Egyptology

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Do you want the macro or micro version?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Macro please.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Macro then!

Big bang

Solar system

Earth

Abiogensis

Evolution

Split of the hominid tree

Modern humans

OOA

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Part of the ugly wall (referred to on page 1) being constructed by the people who have hijacked ancient egyptian culture for their own marketing and merchandise purposes:

Ewwww! why couldn't they have made it with mud bricks or giant blocks! I like concrete, but not around the Pyramids!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Macro then!

Big bang

Solar system

Earth

Abiogensis

Evolution

Split of the hominid tree

Modern humans

OOA

OK, fair enough.

Two questions:

1. What happened before the Big Bang?

2. What caused the jump to intelligent human?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

What caused the jump to intelligent human?

Aliens.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

1. What happened before the Big Bang?

No idea. There is a theory about colliding banes but evidence is lacking

2. What caused the jump to intelligent human?

There are lots of theories, I favor environmental stress leading to a greatly reduced population and successful mutation within the same of the previously slowing "smarting" groups, leading into an improved climate and expansion of social constructs.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

No idea. There is a theory about colliding banes but evidence is lacking

No idea.

You say that in a matter-of-fact way as if it didnt mean much.

But, in my view, this lies at the root of all unfriendly discussion between "pseudoscience" and science, at the root of all of our discussions on these threads.

So there are these people popping up here calling me out for lack of evidence, for not-knowing, for being blind, for "making things up"...

but if you test these people and trace back to the CORE of their worldview, all you get is a meek...

"no idea".

To the point of AE, Atlantis and all that:

In order to grasp our "pseudoscientific" views you´d first have to trace all the way back to the origins of humanity and begin to notice a hidden aspect of it. Then look behind that. And behind whatever you find there.

Digging on and on you will find a reality of more fantastic nature.

But the evolution of your mind is still lingering at the blank questionmark behind the big-bang and hasnt progressed to the idea of humanities origins being on another plane of existence altogether. A plane of existence ancient egypt continually refers to, btw.

You will probably respond: "Science cant explain those things YET and until then, I will only take as true what is measurable".

Thats fine. It protects you from the confusion and overwhelm of being in a universe much more mysterious and grand.

The only disadvantage its unlikely you´ll experience anything sci-fi-like in your life. I have.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You say that in a matter-of-fact way as if it didnt mean much.

Hans: it called the truth, one can speculate on it but one must not believe in ones speculations.

But, in my view, this lies at the root of all unfriendly discussion between "pseudoscience" and science, at the root of all of our discussions on these threads.

Hans: nope, it’s your insistence that stuff you make up without evidence is somehow is more useful than actual evidence.

So there are these people popping up here calling me out for lack of evidence, for not-knowing, for being blind, for "making things up"...

Hans: Because you DO lack evidence, we aren’t making up that, you do lack evidence and you refuse to look at evidence that does exist.

but if you test these people and trace back to the CORE of their worldview, all you get is a meek...

"no idea".

Hans: Your logic isn’t very good on this but it is amusing. So you have a problem with actual truth now…....where no evidence and facts exist you can then:

1. Speculate but not believe (my position)
2. Speculate and believe (your position)

To the point of AE, Atlantis and all that:

In order to grasp our "pseudoscientific" views you´d first have to trace all the way back to the origins of humanity and begin to notice a hidden aspect of it. Then look behind that. And behind whatever you find there.

Hans: You mean you start to make up stuff

Digging on and on you will find a reality of more fantastic nature.

Hans: you mean you make up stuff? You create non-evidence belief (religion) and get real excited about it?

But the evolution of your mind is still lingering at the blank questionmark behind the big-bang and hasnt progressed to the idea of humanities origins being on another plane of existence altogether. A plane of existence ancient egypt continually refers to, btw.

Hans: You mean religion?

You will probably respond: "Science cant explain those things YET and until then, I will only take as true what is measurable".

Hans: Pretty much as is but we can speculate - what happens when believers make up different stuff - how do you reconcile?

Thats fine. It protects you from the confusion and overwhelm of being in a universe much more mysterious and grand.

Hans: it keeps us from making up stuff and actually thinking its true. Speculation is fine and dandy, but you speculate and THINK its true. I think the universe is mysterious and grand.

The only disadvantage its unlikely you´ll experience anything sci-fi-like in your life. I have.

Hans: you mean you can have self-induced metaphysical moments, religious, moments of enlightenment - as do many who live belief based lives - which is why there are so many religions and cults.

Hans: Well that was fun Skyfloating. What you showed here is that you make up stuff, believe it over facts and then self-delude yourself into to thinking that is some big deal. It isn’t. You don’t seem to be able to speculate without thinking it’s real. I can speculate and still realize that it may not be true.

Delightful as always Sky, LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is a question for you

AE was created by humans from Atlantis

AE was created by aliens

AE was created by the Egyptians themselves

AE was created by supernatural gods (not aliens)

Which is true Sky?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hans: Well that was fun Skyfloating. What you showed here is that you make up stuff, believe it over facts and then self-delude yourself into to thinking that is some big deal. It isn’t. You don’t seem to be able to speculate without thinking it’s real. I can speculate and still realize that it may not be true.

Delightful as always Sky, LOL

As we´ve just seen its not only me who bases an entire BELIEF-SYSTEM on the core of "I have no idea, there´s no evidence".

No denying it Hans

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Here is a question for you

AE was created by humans from Atlantis

AE was created by aliens

AE was created by the Egyptians themselves

AE was created by supernatural gods (not aliens)

Which is true Sky?

A mix of them all.

Part of it was created by Atlanteans with the slight assistance of ETs they were in contact with. The Atlanteans were created by "supernatural" forces, in other words, incarnation-onto-a-planet. Later AE was created by egyptians.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

As we´ve just seen its not only me who bases an entire BELIEF-SYSTEM on the core of "I have no idea, there´s no evidence".

I have no idea what you are talking about Sky, please explain what my "belief system" is?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about Sky, please explain what my "belief system" is?

You´ve admitted that you dont know the origins of humanity, hence you have beliefs about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

A mix of them all.

Part of it was created by Atlanteans with the slight assistance of ETs they were in contact with. The Atlanteans were created by "supernatural" forces, in other words, incarnation-onto-a-planet. Later AE was created by egyptians.

Okay why did you make up this particular exotic stew - why not make up a world view that uses only supernatural gods? What are the criterias you use to make stuff up?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Its not me making it up. If anyone is making it up its the ancients and their texts, the gnostics and their texts, etc. Thats what my story is based on.

What is yours based on? Some elusive concept that has as its root "No idea".

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You´ve admitted that you dont know the origins of humanity, hence you have beliefs about it.

Incorrect I have NO belief in any made up stuff. I await evidence. There is a difference Sky.

And you made up belief is what then? Better than a neutral position?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Its not me making it up. If anyone is making it up its the ancients and their texts, the gnostics and their texts, etc. Thats what my story is based on.

Is there stuff fact or made up stuff?

Second hand made up stuff is still.....made up stuff

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Their "made-up" stuff makes sense wheras this "blank questionmark before the big bang" stuff doesnt. At least not to me.

Suit yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I personally would like to hear more about what may be "Forbidden Egyptology" Even if it has no scientific merit or accepted evidence. I am not a debater nor very educated on the subject, but when I click on a thread I expect information not endless debate. It becomes somewhat tiresome to read on and on how it can't be so. Isn't this thread about how it can be so? Why isn't there a thread that is about how it can't be so somewhere else. How about something like say "Accepted Egyptology" (backing slowly out of the room)

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join