It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin Texas UFO witness Ricky Sorrells being harassed by the Air Force. (MUST READ)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here's a post from Mrs. Joiner who is the person I've been in contact with. She just posted this on the Open Minds Forum.

"I can tell you, I've spent a lot of time with this man, in person and on the phone, and I believe every word he's spoken. He came to visit me at the office at least two weeks before I did the stories about him. He wasn't interested in doing a story at that time because he felt he'd really been burned by the Associated Press. He wasn't wise in the ways of the media but that's another story.
He came to warn me. He felt I might be in danger and though we had never met or spoken before, he wanted me to tell me to be careful. (The AP story was the only interview he did until I ran the stories this past weekend.) After speaking with Constable Gaiten he felt comfortable approaching me even though I was "the press." In this line of work, I have become fairly friendly with law enforcement so the constable told him I could be trusted and he wanted me to be warned, also.
Then he was afraid for his family, not himself. After a while he got past the fear and got angry. That is when he was ready to do the stories. He does really want the "truth" and feels the government should help, not hinder, efforts to find out what it is that keeps coming to his property. These sightings challenged his belief system-- it has rocked his world -- he won't ever be the same and he knows that.
Steve Allen is much the same way, but he is a man of means whereas Ricky is not.
His home is simple with concrete floors and barn tin and it is a rustic, small building. He built it and he's very proud of it and his family just moved in recently.
His world is his family, he's soft spoken, and he wants to put them at ease. It seems that all were frightened and he had not told them of everything until I did the stories. As an example, he didn't tell them of the man at 1 a.m. that he is sure wanted him to see that he could get to them.
There are still parts that he did not wish me to print and I honored his wishes. Part of his income is his livestock and the low altitude air traffic was about to run them to death. All of that has slowed somewhat and the cattle are better.
Allen has resources (he's a savvy businessman) to help him deal with the situation.
Sorrells has his family and friends and they are supporting him.
He has taken some heat from his employer, a nationally known corporate business, that is not sure they like someone in the business associated with something like this. That is why I didn't print anything about where or who he works for. He got called to the "big office" and that' s all I'll say about that.
While I truly appreciated the concern for me I told him nobody with the military would contact me because they know I would write about it.
And, they haven't contacted me. I also told him that I thought the more press he got the better off he would be because if anything happened to him fingers would be pointed in the right direction. "They" wouldn't want that. He's a lot calmer now and is taking all of this in stride. It's a lot of attention for those of us not used to being in the "lime light."

Clear up some of your doubt? I'll try to get her on ATS. Might take some time so be patient. Or she might not, but I'll try.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mrs. Joiner and Ricky Sorrells are featured in this short AP video which was the original one aired on CNN International. The only time I've seen Ricky on TV.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I would still STFU if I was him tho.

LOL! Too late

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Yet more eyewitnesses ufo reality.

www.earthfiles.com...

I believe Ricky Sorrells story. What's happened to him is the very reason why so many people do not make out UFO reports. In fear of harassment, ridicule, and the possibility of losing employment. A whole lot of witnesses seen something in the Texas sky, around the same time frame. We will never get disclosure..... if we refuse to believe testimonies, from our own brothers and sisters. So what if he's a redneck. Would you believe a politician over him? We are so quick to judge someone, without walking in his shoes. It sounds like Mr. Sorrells was comfortable with his plain lifestyle. Minding his own business and supporting his family. Too bad telling what he believes is true has caused so much trouble. Makes you wonder if it's even worth it. Again as I stated so many times before from reliable sources..... That a camera's electronics are often times disabled when there is UFO activity in the area.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is about to be some media coverage of this. Some Texas news web sites. Coast to Coast AM already posted a link to Mrs. Joiner's article about Ricky Sorrells. Just keep your eyes open for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
mrs. joiner and ricky sorrells have both joined over at open minds forum. reports today indicate that mrs. joiner has been fired from the newspaper because of her stories.

lucianarchy .proboards21 .com

/index.cgi?board=ufotexas&action=display&thread=1200010183&page=20

[edit on 7-2-2008 by drfractal]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by drfractal]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes I know. I feel bad for her. As for the Empire Tribune...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is it confirmed she has lost her job?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
here is the alleged email from mrs. joiner, as posted in openmindsforum:

"I think my readers would find a lot more of this sort of story interesting but my newspaper doesn't want any more stories. My boss feels it's time to move on. A city councilman here talked to the Star-Telegram and said the whole thing was an embarrassment to the town (or something to that effect.)

It has been a tough decision but I gave my two weeks notice last Thursday and my last day will be Feb. 14.

At that time, I will be unemployed so I probably will substitute teach for a while.[...]

I joined your group because I was so impressed with how nice the men were to offer to help Ricky Sorrells. I don't know how that went yesterday but I could see they were sincerely concerned about him and his situation. That was impressive and I like people that care about others.

[...] I don't want to say anything bad about the newspaper. They are just not interested any more. But it was a record sales month in the history of the E-T for JAN. so I feel good about that.

It's funny how one day I was sitting on top of a huge global story and practically the next I'm looking for a job.

Life...it's full of surprises. And, I think that's a good thing. Here's hoping there is something better around the corner.

Thanks for writing and congratulations on a very well maintained forum."

----------------------------

2nd update:

----------------------------

"I gave two weeks notice but this morning they had confiscated my computer and I was told to pack up and get out. I'm devastated and still in shock.

I was trying to direct people away from talking to me about UFOs and other information during work hours and I had forwarded emails to my home computer so I would not be dealing with that on newspaper time. But, apparently that wasn't the right thing to do either.

I've just been between a rock and a hard spot if you know what I mean.

The publisher said she didn't want me to leave with ill feelings toward the newspaper and I'm trying not to.

I'm grateful for the opportunity the newspaper gave me in employing me as a writer. I have only been writing for them 18 months and I've learned a lot but I still have a lot more to learn."

- Angelia Joiner

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Awww, that's very sad.

I wish her great success as she goes forward from this. I thought she did an awesome job on her articles covering Mr. Sorrell's experiences.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I would guess that this is pretty solid anecdotal "proof" that involvement in UFOs can be bad for the individual. There is no way of knowing how, or even if, pressure was applied, but it seems that someone wanted this story to die.

Now a city councilman should be someone that liked the attention being brought to the area. Yet he wanted it dropped??? Hmmm????

[edit on 7-2-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
First I think we need to say thanks to uforeality for all the work he/she has done for us on this.

"""Thanks uforeality"""

IMO this man is telling the truth and I also will say I hope he does make a he&& of a lot of money on this.

To me it seems he and his family can use it. The stress of protecting his family, the stress of maybe losing his job and the stress of now always having this image of a UFO in his memory will take a toll on him. His life will never be the same and I can only hope this turns out well for him and his family in any manner it can. I would hurt inside knowing that people would put him in a position that his life and that of his family was destroyed because of this.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It seems that the powers that be couldn't quash the story one way, so they have found another. No telling what the city and the newspaper were promised to shut this story down. No businessman would want to stop a continuing story of worldwide fame that has most positively affected their local economy. Watch the town soon get a lucrative federal project expanded or built there, which is the feds way of buying them off.

I regret that Ms. Joiner has become a victim of this event. Should she be willing to move to Oklahoma, I will give her a job. I also must note that her confiscated computer has my name and email and the names and email addresses of many others on it.

We must be vigilant and not let the story die at this point. Mufon has another meeting scheduled in Stephenville next month. It'll be interesting to see if the local Rotary Club suddenly decides to shun them after agreeing to provide the meeting place.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Please feel free to let the Empire Tribune know how you feel about this situation...

ET Guestbook

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Of that, you can be assured. We are merely trying to sort out the truth in this event, Angela Joiner reported the news like she was hired to do. Someone has some explaining to do.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am so disgusted and disturbed by all of this. I just want to lash out. I can't say that I'm surprised though. Stephenville has always swept things under the rug.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

I doubt that Mufon meeting scheduled in Stephenville next month will ever take place. I agree it appears the Feds bought them off.
It's not just your town Stellawayten the same thing would have happened here. Angelia Joiner did a fine job reporting. Your right Avenger someone wanted this story to die. This will continue to happen if we allow it. The City Councilman say's, "It was an embarrassment to the town." My Arse!
Like you said Avenger, " Watch for a lucrative Federal Project being built in the near future in Stephenville."

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just a thought, why don't we all contact the paper and ask them what their web revenues were for the last month, as probably a million hits were received(or more) when this woman's article was posted. I think that we may have paid her salary. The things that make you go hmmmmm...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Am I getting paranoid or did anyone else get bumped-off the ATS, about 8:26 p.m. pst? It's funny I got to all the other websites. It was only down a few minutes tho,,,,strange.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

I did to. I was wondering what happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join