It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Induce an Out Of Body Experience

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I wonder what effect certain drugs have on this.(certain drugs I have in mind are cannabis and ketamine,as they both may or may not be sitting on my desk) I feel an experiment coming on. Obviously i won't post the results in any detail.

I'm starting to get an interest in deep relaxation/meditation and obes,so I hope I can get some positive results

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I showed the video to my girlfriend and mother today, and both of them experienced "sleep paralysis" while sitting up.

For those of you who do not believe in it, it of course will be harder. You have to really clear your mind, and just concentrate on the sounds. Do not concentrate on whether you are leaving or not. I have not left my body, but I felt myself being pulled upward in the chest, so I know it is possible.

My girlfriend felt like a ton of bricks when she did it, and her arms actually hurt they felt so heavy afterwords. She even had trouble moving and talking when the video ended.

I agree on the loop. The abrupt end to the video does make for a rude awakening.

I am definetly going to try to get an MP3 version of this and play it in my stereo headphones.

By the way, would any of you happen to have acquired a copy of the AP video audio? I would be greatly interested.

Thanks,

King

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I tried it and with total darkness, I started feeling weird after a short time. I was kinda scared.

I'm going to do it again for the whole time, I will report my results.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok I did the entire tape once through, and nothing happened, but I continued surfing the internet the entire time.

I'll try it again in total darkness tomorrow.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
hmm interesting, can anyone confirm what frequency the sound is being played at?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ideally, try it in darkness, lying down, but if you sit at the computer, then close your eyes and just listen. I was in sleep paralysis by 1:44 into the clip

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

you could of at least stuck with wolves

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

I pride myself in not breathing heavily (I know - I'm weird). Listening to the sound almost put me over the tipping point, I almost stopped breathing all together. I wonder if this is the desired affect ;-)

[edit on 2-9-2008 by obsidience]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i dont like the sound at all when i listened to it i felt like i was doing somthing wrong my eyes were twitching and my dos face was going crazy while he was sleeping and it stopped when turned it off and started again when i put it back on very weird

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I wonder what effect certain drugs have on this.(certain drugs I have in mind are cannabis and ketamine,as they both may or may not be sitting on my desk) I feel an experiment coming on. Obviously i won't post the results in any detail.

I'm starting to get an interest in deep relaxation/meditation and obes,so I hope I can get some positive results

hahahaha
me too. never reached an oobe though.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

edit:
yeah i jsut tried this (without drugs) and it definately did something.. im going to try this later on with.. help... but yeah i could totally feel my eyes twitching like mad and like rolling back into my head and such. felt wierd stuff for sure.
it wasnt a normal twitch either.. it felt like the twitch i think i'd make during heavy sleep.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I tried it but couldn't get the idea out of my head that the frequencies are desgined to screw with your mind in a very negative fashion. You never know, it could be a sort of mental virus.

I'm paranoid lol

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What about this technique then, sitting on your bed and letting your body rock due to you heartbeat and your breathing, in your mind just say in your head in when you breath in and out for when you breath out.

For me that usually works, I had a rather odd experience when I suddenly couldn't see but I was aware that I was moving upwards then I heard talking I couldn't understand the language and strange music that sounded like mediveal music.

Then after a few moments I was shoved back in my body like someone had kicked me out of where I was.

Sitting on your bed cross-legged of course.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by _Volt_]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I listened to it once and didn't have an oobe or anything but I felt really relaxed and it might work if I was lying down and didn't have a computer screen in front of my face. If I ever managed to do it do I really have to come back?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

The problem isn't getting back in, that is what prevents you from even reaching the point of leaving ur body. Don't be fearful, let goooooo.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There are many free/shareware programs available to do this very thing with both sound and sometimes light.
Here are a few of the best ones...

www.bwgen.com...
www.moonfish-design.co.uk...

Just do a google search for astral inducers, astral projection or brainwave generators. Lots of software, and even electronic hardware to do this can be found.

These programs can have strong effects on a persons thought processes. Musicians have been toying with the human ear as long as it has existed.
Many electronic musicians specificly try to induce specific brain waves in the listener and the techniques to do this are well known and documented.
Everything from using specific tempos or beats, binaural sounds (sometimes even using two seperate instruments on left/right), and the classic light shows used in psychedelic music from the 60s and 90s raves.

It's a very fun subject to learn about. People have been trying to use technology like this for years to gain control over a persons thoughts and emotions.
As far as drugs go, dissociative drugs like Ketamine, dextromethorphan, dizocilpine and even phencyclidine have been used with great success along with brainwave generator software/hardware to cause out of body experiences and sometimes even alien/otherworldly experiences.
Obviously most any psychedelic drug combined with a good light/sound show can cause stronger hallucinations, but the dissociative class of drugs are well known to be specific to OBEs.

PS: If you have a strobe light you can make the experience even wilder by closing your eyelids, letting the flashing light hit you and controlling the speed to your preference while listening to the binaural sounds. The experiences you may have with this combo can be as powerful as some psychedelic drugs and yes even OBEs w/o the need to take any chemicals

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herbal Oli
hmm interesting, can anyone confirm what frequency the sound is being played at?

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the loudness of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequency of the tones must be below about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz for the beating to be heard. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (below about 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived.

I hope this helps.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
defo going to try this tomorrow as i feel am ment to do it like am ready for somthing unknown to me yet its weird

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hi all. I am going to inject my 2 cents worth about obe's from my own first hand experiences with them.

OP, I am in no way bashing you or your info. Please understand that. I am just saying from my own experience that I have found that I cannot induce an obe by watching a video or listening to music, vibration or the likes. What I found was the minute I tried to "use" something to induce an obe, I found myself concentrating on the subject matter and not the experience. If you are focused on something other than the experience and how it feels, I can assure you that you will most likely not experience an obe. Could happen, but I haven't experienced it that way.

20 odd years ago, I got very interested in the subject of obe's, astral projection, etc., and studied the subject heavily. I had some pretty enlightening experiences and some pretty good "buzzing" sensations in my body (not drug induced) but I never "left my body" in that sense. I gave up and shelved all the books, tapes and videos and just forgot about it. 5 years later, I am driving up the road from Florida to Ga. and my mind was drifting about various thoughts. Next thing I know, Whammmm....I, and I use that word cautiously, am sitting in the passenger seat "watching" myself driving. I was cognizant of everything that was going on and it felt about the same way it would feel if you were watching a movie about someone driving, viewed from the passengers perspective. The one thing I did notice was the calming affect it had on me. When I realized what was going on, Whammmm..I felt a sensation of fear sweep over me and ..Whammm... I am back in the drivers seat. Today I know what that fear was but it would take pages to describe it. However, once I got back into my "body" my mind was going nuts!!! I thought, "WTF just happened"?

I didn't ever mention this episode to anyone...I'm sure most of you can figure out why...and it was uppermost in my mind for the next few weeks. I tried to induce it a few times and recreate the same experience but could never make it happen. It seemed like the harder I tried to do it, the more fleeting it became. I gave up on it and went about life as usual and then about the time I had totally put it aside, Whammmm...it happened again while sitting on the couch reading a book about "cancer in canines". I have no idea why this induced an obe but as far as I can figure, my mind was just so relaxed about the subject that it let the info come thru unresisted.

The first time I was scared beyond belief, this time I was curious and tried to just relax into the feeling and I noticed I wasn't scared. It was rather soothing once I "just let it happen". It really opened up my mind, but most importantly, it opened up my "feeling" centers. I started noticing that whenever I felt happy and at ease and very "joyful" about something, I could feel myself kinda start "floating" away from the physical body. Anytime I became agitated or mad about something, I would come "slamming" back into my body and not only feel "grounded", but I would feel as if my feet were stuck in clay and my movements took great effort.

Over time, I noticed that I was having more and more of the obe's during sleep, during the day and alot of times when I least expected them to happen. (Imagine for a moment sitting having a conversation with someone and the next thing you know, Poooof...you are watching the conversation from the sidelines)

Anyway, I have become very comfortable with them and realize they are not bad or even abnormal for that matter. Everyone does it at sometime and just doesn't realize it.

I like to have a glass of wine every now and then and have found that alcohol doesn't really seem to affect it one way or another. It has made it easier a time or 2 but that was probably not the wine as much as it was my self being more relaxed.

My most amazing day so far was one Saturday when we had company over and I had 12 obe's in one day. It was fun.

You have to "feel".
peas

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
wow....no replies...no bashes........

guess everybody is waiting to get back in their bodies so they can type an answer...

hahahaha...................zoooooommm!!!!!

peas

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

You can find websites that can take audio out of youtube videos and turn it into a mp3, try searching google. Hope that helps

Edit: oh crap I replied to a ooold post.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join