It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let Them Eat Cake!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dj05544

I personally believe...If your dumb enough and lazy enough to become obese and or morbidly obese then NWO or not- its your fault.

Is it your claim then that one in three Americans is dumb and lazy, AND that they suddenly became dumb and lazy only in the past few decades?

The problem today is everyone wants to be lazy and not exercise. No exercise followed by a horrific diet consisting of fast food and junk food send people on the path of Fatness.

Is this really a personal choice that Americans have suddenly decided to make? To be lazy and not exercise that is? What has caused this sudden surge in American laziness, and severe lack of fortitude overall? What has cause Americans to cahnge their diet so radically and so suddenly?

It doesn't matter if the NWO wants you to be fat and too lazy to fight back when they take over- if you lack the self-discipline to stay in shape or even just healthy and normal then you deserve to be killed by your fatness

By that logic, if you are so stupid to drink water that has been tainted with an odorless and tasteless poison, while being told that it is good for you and that you are traitor if you don't drink it, then you should die? Keep in mind that you will not be able to work the poison out of your system either because it will paralyze you. Bottoms up!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlaznRob

The facts are simple and in front of our faces: Americans have increasingly become more and more sedentary. Our working lives are now spent either in front of a computer, behind a desk, or behind a counter. A very, very large portion of the population only gets a 30 minute lunch break, and they go for FAST so that they actually have time to eat.

This is true. But this only goes to prove that the individual choices have become undermined by conditions beyond our control. No individual chooses how the nation's economy develops and what jobs are available. These choices and decisions are made at the top. The people who run the government and the corporations decide the value of the dollar, the cost of food, and what jobs Americans will be provided with. The very same people who profit from the ill-health of Americans, and from the foods that Americans eat.

What makes matters worse, is that most people leave their sedentary jobs, and go home to sit in front of a TV or computer to enjoy their leisure time even more sedentarily.

This is true, but again I see the answer why. Is it just me, or does everyone feel tired all the time, or hear people complaining about being tired all the time. Is it not possible that this is a chemically induced lack of energy that keeps up siting in front of the tube? Combined with the social expectations of keeping up with the latest TV series, and the sorts of recreational materials that are so cunningly marketed to us? I am not saying that we are completely powerless, yet, but I am trying to reveal the truth before it is too late. By all means, exercise free choice and exercise your body. Go for a walk. Shovel the driveway instead of calling the snow plow. But just because some free will remains, does not mean there is not a very serious problem here, being intentionally visited upon us. We are frogs on a stove folks, and I say it's getting hot in here!

Corporations make money off of this because Americans are WILLING to buy from them, not because they’re tricking us into fattening ourselves up.

There is more psychology behind this than just the commercials, and there is more to profiteering than just exploiting the will. If they are intentionally stripping food of nutrients in favor of higher yields, then this has become a much larger problem. We need to eat, wether we want to or not. And if even the most basic foods are no longer providing sufficient nutrition, then our will and our choice is irrelevant.

And good foods? Yes, they can be bought at any grocery store you’re willing to shop at.

There is certain truth to this, and you paragraph that followed is good advice indeed. I am not saying that there are not still more healthy choices being offered. What I am saying is that those choices are beyond the means of so many people for various reasons. And furthermore, those healthy choices are now being stripped of nutrients as well.

I know... it’s probably easier to believe that there is some evil mastermind out there behind the weight problems in America. But until Americans stop sitting around 24/7, and treating nutrition as secondary (we eat around our schedules, not schedule around our nutritional needs), then we’ll continue to plump up, as a result of OUR OWN actions, not the deeds of a nefarious third party.

Nutrition has become a secondary out of necessity, not choice. I agree that we should be scheduling around nutrition and not the other way around, but how do you expect a single mother working two jobs with three kids be able to pull this off effectively? Again it comes down to the economic structure of our society, which is not under the control of the individual, but the perpetrators of this deadly profiteering.

The Magic Diet Pill industry illustrates the sedentary lifestyle Americans are used to, and is a perfect example of how we expect to lose and maintain weight. Time invested in hard work, exercise, and proper diet? Screw that, give me a double-decker cheese-burger, with bacon, and a bottle of pills that’ll keep me skinny!

And obviously the majic pill doesn't work anyway, so this just goes to show how nasty these corporations really are. They make you fat, then sell you a pill to make you skinny, that doesn't even work. "When is a diet pill worth a thousand dollars? When we tell you it really works. Then we will tell you it is clinically proven." And even worse is the entire field of medicine has fallen down this hole. People are falling ill with all sort of diseases that are caused by lack of nutrition, but instead the doctors will sell you all sorts of pills that will probably give you even worse side effects than whatever condition you were already suffering.

The Majic Fat pills are the worst slap in the face you can imagine. People don't want to be fat. I have seen people go to the gym for a whole year and bust their butts to lose weight, and never lost a pound. It's so obvious. This is being done to Americans intentionally, and the perpetrators are sitting there laughing about it with every new majic pill commercial.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

I applaude your efforts to partake in nutritious eating habits, and to pass them on to your son. I am glad that you have the resources to do so. You are a beacon of hope that it is still possible for some for the time being. Be thankful, as I am thankful for your sharing of some good pointers that some, even many, may not be aware of.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This was sent to me by an admirer of this thread. Enjoy.

Cake or Death?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Just curious-How many screen names on ATS do you have ??? and why would 1 person need more then one ????

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

The facts are simple and in front of our faces: Americans have increasingly become more and more sedentary. Our working lives are now spent either in front of a computer, behind a desk, or behind a counter. A very, very large portion of the population only gets a 30 minute lunch break, and they go for FAST so that they actually have time to eat.

This is true. But this only goes to prove that the individual choices have become undermined by conditions beyond our control. No individual chooses how the nation's economy develops and what jobs are available. These choices and decisions are made at the top. The people who run the government and the corporations decide the value of the dollar, the cost of food, and what jobs Americans will be provided with. The very same people who profit from the ill-health of Americans, and from the foods that Americans eat.

Nobodies choice to walk has been undermined. Sedentary life is a choice. If you don't want to be sedentary, get up and walk around your block or up and down your street once a day. Presto, instant free aerobics!!

Please stop making everyone a victim by saying they have no control over their lives as it is simply not true and one of the root causes for obesity in the United States.
If you don't want those people to profit, go to your local grocery and buy nutritious foods and get out and move around.
Healthy eating and exercise helps to prevent obesity. If you can afford to buy fast food, you can afford to eat healthy.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Anyone who disagrees with the OP should perform this little experiment. Go to a health food store, and buy a good quality liquid vitamin supplement. It should cost you about $20.00. Then purchase a good quality Trace Mineral supplement. Another $20.00. Take them every single day and every single night. See if you aren't eating WAY LESS than you were before.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I have ONE screen name on ATS. Why?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Nobodies choice to walk has been undermined. Sedentary life is a choice. If you don't want to be sedentary, get up and walk around your block or up and down your street once a day. Presto, instant free aerobics!!

I am not dealing in absolutes here, because the perpetrators are not. They allow the appearance of free will to remain, so that people such as yourself can defend them and deflect from the horrible truth. I am not saying that people should not go for a walk as often as they can. What I am saying is that this choice is being deliberately undermined by the changes in our food supply. Your logic would put the blame for the Holocaust on the victims, because they chose not to run from the Nazis before it was too late.

Please stop making everyone a victim by saying they have no control over their lives as it is simply not true and one of the root causes for obesity in the United States.

The food supply is deliberately tainted and modified, this IS out of our control, this is quite truly a root cause of obesity in the US.

If you don't want those people to profit, go to your local grocery and buy nutritious foods and get out and move around.

This makes no sense whatsoever. "If you don't want those people to profit," go out and BUY? Sound like the Bush solution for terrorism.

Healthy eating and exercise helps to prevent obesity. If you can afford to buy fast food, you can afford to eat healthy.

The first statement is true indeed. The second one is not, as I have already shown. Any meal you care to present, I can find a cheaper alternative that is less nutritious and even downright unhealthy. Even if it boils down to a bag of rice. The healthy rice is more expensive than the junk that has been bleached and stripped of nutrients.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by jfj123

The food supply is deliberately tainted and modified, this IS out of our control, this is quite truly a root cause of obesity in the US.

OK this is an interesting statement. You say it's been DELIBERATELY tainted and MODIFIED. PROVE THIS. You may suspect based on your perception of reality, but can you actually prove premeditation? If you can we can take this to court and put these people in jail.

This makes no sense whatsoever. "If you don't want those people to profit," go out and BUY? Sound like the Bush solution for terrorism.

Let me explain. If you go to the store and buy a bag of chips-those are bad for you. If you go to the store a buy organic carrots, those are good for you. You claim the fast food industry is trying to do ???something??? to us so don't buy fast food.

The first statement is true indeed. The second one is not, as I have already shown.
Actually you have given your OPINION, you have not proven anything using the scientific method. Can you post actual scientific data supporting your claims?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

OK this is an interesting statement. You say it's been DELIBERATELY tainted and MODIFIED. PROVE THIS. You may suspect based on your perception of reality, but can you actually prove premeditation? If you can we can take this to court and put these people in jail.

It is people who make the decisions to modify our foods, is it not? Those decisions are made deliberately and conciously to increase profits. Or are you trying to argue that food is as nutritious as ever and that our foods are not modified in any way?

Let me explain. If you go to the store and buy a bag of chips-those are bad for you. If you go to the store a buy organic carrots, those are good for you. You claim the fast food industry is trying to do ???something??? to us so don't buy fast food.

This is not just about fast food, as you well know, and which I have already explained. Your attempt to narrow this discussion to suit your agenda is clear.

Again, there are people who cannot afford to buy organic carrots.
Bag of chips = $0.50.
Bag of organic carrots = $3
Bag if nutrient stripped carrots = $1.50

And no matter what you BUY, you are still putting money in the pockets of the same people who create these conditions.

[edit on 2/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

It is people who make the decisions to modify our foods, is it not? Those decisions are made deliberately and conciously to increase profits. Or are you trying to argue that food is as nutritious as ever and that our foods are not modified in any way?

Again this is your OPINION. Can you prove that foods have been modified with the specific intent to cause harm to people? Yes or No?

This is not just about fast food, as you well know, and which I have already explained. Your attempt to narrow this discussion to suit your agenda is clear.

Again, there are people who cannot afford to buy organic carrots.
Bag of chips = $0.50.
Bag of organic carrots = $3
Bag if nutrient stripped carrots = $1.50

And no matter what you BUY, you are still putting money in the pockets of the same people who create these conditions.

[edit on 2/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

In my area of the country:
Bag of chips = $0.99-I haven't seen a $.50 bag of chips for years.
Bag of organic carrots = $.99
Bag if nutrient stripped carrots = $unknown as I do not buy them.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Again this is your OPINION. Can you prove that foods have been modified with the specific intent to cause harm to people? Yes or No?

Yes. They're not adding stuff that makes people fat and sick accidentally.

In my area of the country: Bag of chips = $0.99-I haven't seen a $.50 bag of chips for years. Bag of organic carrots = $.99 Bag if nutrient stripped carrots = $unknown as I do not buy them.

Well, how lucky for you then. Must be a nice place to live. Do all the defenders of the NWO live there?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Yes. They're not adding stuff that makes people fat and sick accidentally.

Then you should be able to prove it so go ahead....I'm waiting.....

In my area of the country: Bag of chips = $0.99-I haven't seen a $.50 bag of chips for years. Bag of organic carrots = $.99 Bag if nutrient stripped carrots = $unknown as I do not buy them.

Well, how lucky for you then. Must be a nice place to live. Do all the defenders of the NWO live there?

So instead of simply substantiating your claims you have decided to insult me.. Well how mature.. May I suggest next time using the "I'm rubber, your glue", defense

[edit on 7-2-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't buy it. Cheap fast food meals aren't cheaper than buying large amounts of fresh vegetables, fruits and wholegrain foods and then making things from scratch. It doesn't even take that long to make food from scratch.

As a student living on a very tight budget in england where everything is too expensive I really should know. My diet consists of things made from scratch out of fresh or frozen veg (frozen cause it's cheaper still and lasts longer) and whole grain bread instead of white bread trash.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh and the preservatives and general #e in foods is because it's cheaper to mass produce crappy food. Why do you think expensive sweets and mass produced crap has less crappy ingredients in it? Because they can still make a profit if the food is pricier with less preservatives to keep it from rotting and natural colours rather than cheap synthetic ones.

People don't have to choose a burger over a tomato sandwich, or crisps/chips over an orange! They just choose too.

Buy a loaf of bread and tomatos and oranges and each lunch will be more nutritious and cheaper.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
I'm sorry but I don't buy it. Cheap fast food meals aren't cheaper than buying large amounts of fresh vegetables, fruits and wholegrain foods and then making things from scratch. It doesn't even take that long to make food from scratch.

As a student living on a very tight budget in england where everything is too expensive I really should know. My diet consists of things made from scratch out of fresh or frozen veg (frozen cause it's cheaper still and lasts longer) and whole grain bread instead of white bread trash.

Very good points. Thank you for injecting some reality into the discussion

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

There are people who cannot afford to buy large amounts of anything at one time, and others who have no place to store it if they did. Also keep in mind that cold storage costs money, as well as preparing foods at home. To make an accurate asessment, you have to inlcude the "overhead" in your cost per meal, which most people tend to take for granted.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

Oh and the preservatives and general #e in foods is because it's cheaper to mass produce crappy food. Why do you think expensive sweets and mass produced crap has less crappy ingredients in it? Because they can still make a profit if the food is pricier with less preservatives to keep it from rotting and natural colours rather than cheap synthetic ones.

You seem to be supporting my argument here, that natural and nutritious foods are more expensive. But perhaps you are not being clear.

People don't have to choose a burger over a tomato sandwich, or crisps/chips over an orange! They just choose too.

And why would they choose to, knowing the reprecussions of their decision?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have to agree with the Op of this thread.

American culture has definitely been consciously moved into the fast food direction by the PTB for many years.
Don't get me wrong, it tastes good, some of it is good, relatively, and it's cheap. Who doesn't love ole Taco Bell.
Most of it is crap in the nutrition department of course, but it's the added nasties like preservatives, that will get you in the end.

I buy most of my food and prepare it, but you think thats better for you?

Well, take a look at what passes for chicken meat these days.
The problem is that the meat isn't what meat used to be.
Animals don't graze on grass anymore and aren't happy and fat. It doesn't even look the same.
Eggs aren't real eggs, 'cause chickens are kept in dark cages, fed hormones so we can eat them when they are 6 weeks old, and eat what we choose to give them, or each other.
And fruit and veggies are also mass produced to look alike, with no real taste 'cause aside from being genetically engineered, they are sprayed in wax.

Every single thing we eat is so pumped full of hormones, antibiotics and a whole lot of other crap that it is bad for us.
But hey, they last a lot longer in the fridge.

Why the massive increase in the incidence of MS? cancer? and every other health issue?
To say what we eat has no impact on our bodies is ridiculous.
You can't eat hormones, preservatives and antibiotics every day and it not affect your immune system.

So you think the answer is to eat organic? Nice...IF you can afford it.
Some of what passes as organic these days doesn't quite fit my definition.

Fact is, it's too expensive for the average American to do, unless you grow your own. That too is expensive and difficult. Not everyone has a big hunk of farmland handy.
Get your own chickens? good luck buddy, I can just see the neighbours faces now.
Think you'll trot down to the local farmers market? Where I am all I see is crap that wasn't good enough to make it to the stores.
It can be done, sure, but it's expensive, and involves a time consuming hunt for a real source.

There are fat lazy people out there who will use any excuse they can to stay lazy and fat, absolutely, I accept that. I'm not fat, but I am lazy if given the chance.
There are a heck of a lot more poeple trying to do the right thing and still getting nowhere. Not just weight wise, but health wise too.

You better believe this is a created situation by society.
Why? money no doubt. Control, probably.
It stinks.
Supply is now catered to global, not neighbourhood anymore.

What's the solution?
well enough people have to care to even look for one, or several.
And make enough of a public stink to get it paid for.
Otherwise it'll be just another 'oh well, not much I can do' story.
Or you can just go old school and look after yourself.. if you can.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join