It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a world government really such a bad thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The pupose of this thread is to weigh out the pros and cons of having a world government. I have read a ton of threads so far and watched the Endgame documentary and now i am left with many questions concerning our future. While i do believe that there are an elite that have had their hand in the cookie jar for far too long and that certain governments have had their share of secrets and lies, i am not convinced that the idea of world government is such a bad thing.

A few thoughts that i have had recently are bothering me and i have been divided over whether to support the idea or to oppose it. On one hand it can be used for great evil, on another, for good. It seems logical to assume that the next step we take as a society would be to unite. Also i believe that eventually humans will have to start exploring the stars and spreading out in the galaxy. A major space race with this purpose in mind would probably solve 50% of society's problems. It would create jobs, and create purpose for many who don't believe they have a purpose. Just look at what the discovery of the Americas did, it brought society to a whole new level.

We must unite though if we are to leave this planet or else there would be conflict.

If a great space race were to occur and great discoveries were made, this would become the new battleground. Conflicts would arise over resources. Countries, corporations and private prospectors would all argue over ownership of claims and while there are apparently laws that already govern this, there are no means of enforcing it. Three individuals own over 90% of the resource rights on Mars and the Moon already. Im sure there are folks who will think this isn't fair seeing as we aren't actively exploring space yet.

www.direct.ca...

The European Union is showing alot of progress. I heard just recently they have opened their borders up allowing the free movement of traffic between the countries involved. If you ask me this is a large step in the right direction. Borders serve no purpose. What do they protect? Think about it you have a higher probability of being killed by a street thug for your pocket change than you do from a terrorist. Why have a border to protect us from harm when it is already going on in our streets, homes, and places of work.
Personally i am not afraid of having immigrant people come to my country or even city, because they are already here. As a matter of fact the Americas were settled by immigrants in the first place. Potential criminals, terrorists, or extremists exist in every country, race or religion on the planet. It doesn't matter where you are from we are all the same. Borders do nothing except divide us all.

One would think that the next step we take as a society would be to create a world government. Imagine for a second we make contact with alien beings and find out there is a galactic community of many alien races. How might our planet be represented? By a couple hundred representatives that continuously fail to see eye to eye? I don't think so. I think that if there is alien life, they won't even make contact untill we are united because they know this will cause conflict among our countries.

Other things to think about.

Sharing scientific data between countries. Imagine what we could accomplish if all scientists worldwide could share ideas and have unlimited communication with each other. All countries would enjoy the same quality of life and technology. Advanced tech would not have to kept a secret any longer between countries because they would not have to fight over it or hide it for strategic purposes.

Live anywhere you want. Always wanted to live in another country? Well you could probably very well do so if there were no borders.

Now im not saying we would be living in some sort of utopia. There would still be alot of the same bad things about life in general that would still exist but what im saying is the benefits would be huge. Wealth would have to be spead equally around the globe rather than be hoarded in fixed locations, we can focus on space exploration, combine resources to cure disease. The idea of people thinking that they are superior because of the country they are from would be obsolete and we would be one step closer to seeing each other as equals.

World government would work if founded by the correct people. If truly there are an evil group of elites who run the planet than they should not be allowed to form the government. But perhaps also they are not evil and maybe they work in secret to unite us all because they know we would be opposed to it. Maybe, just maybe they have a vision for the planet and don't want to see their plans foiled by opposition from the people due to lack of understanding of their goals. It really is hard to say.

I would be 100% for it if i knew it would not be used for ill intent. But with all the secrecy and conspiracy afoot it is really hard to say. Tell me what you think, would you support world government if it was beneficial to mankind? And if yes how can we ensure that it will be as such?

Now before everyone rushes in and starts accusing me of selling out humanity allow me to make a few things clear.
I am not an expert in any way on this subject.
I DO NOT work for any government body nor do i perform any contract work for any government agency. I am not a disinfo agent or a recruitment officer for the NWO. Also i am neither with or against the idea of a world government. Stating that i am any of the above will not be disputed by me on this thread by any means and i will not reply to any negative posts or hate mail. If you have any negative comments at all i would kindly ask that you do not post them on this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No Thanks not for me

One of the biggest problems with government is inevitable increase in size and sprawl.. we need smaller more localized state governments that operate on an independent basis this way a citizens input would be much louder than it stands now on a national level.

besides I don't want to go into lots with the U.K. and Australia for sure and france comes to mind also that is unless you want to give up all your personal freedoms and your firearms and have a camera pointed at you 24/7

nothing against the British Australian and French members I just don't like the way the government treats you all...

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A One World Government would obviously have many advantages from a beaurocratic and technical standpoint. The problem is that an opposing force to keep the rulers in check is gone. If the regime became corrupt or insane there is no oposing force to counter it. People would just have to hope for the best, and history has proven that eventually leaders of nefarious purpose will arise.

Nazi Germany had a really efficient system of government, and they certainly wanted their Reich to encompass the world. If you happened to fit into their vision your fare might have been just fine. If it didnt you were ashes. This is the central rub of having only one set of rulers- Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
While i do agree with your statements about how power corrupts and one government making all the rules, failsafes can be installed to prevent this.
Your society can be compartmentalized so that in the event of a dictator like power, certain military powers or government powers can operate independantly to fight back. Watchdog groups can be setup that can be given real power to oppose dictator like rulers.
I don't think there would be one elected president but rather it should be governed by a number of large bodies so that many ideals can remain intact. We probably wouldn't have to give up current governing structures.
If set up properly it could work.
Don't forget as it is right now the average person is losing their voice on the world scale. This is inevitable as we grow larger in number. Imagine for a second if we occupied 3-4 planets instead of one. You would really have no say. Some governments are even gaining near dictator like powers as we speak and yet no opposing force is coming to the rescue, so what really would be the difference.

Imagine if you lived in Iran right now, the threat of invasion in the near future, from a country that you personally have done no wrong to and cannot even understand why this is going to happen right in your backyard, to your family. Must be pretty unfair. Talk to the innocents in Iraq and Afghanistan who have had loved ones die in bombings and skirmishes. And for what? There would not be need for such invasions if a worldwide military or police force could moniter more remote areas or those known to contain many extremists. Law would be uniform planetwide and would condemn such acts allowing everyone, everywhere to enjoy the same level of security.

Now i don't agree with monitering everyone all the time, RFID can be dangerous. I do not want to see this happen. Basically though if you don't break the law you got nothing to worry about but i still do have things to hide, such as my privacy.

Like it or not the world is going to get bigger it will eventually get to the point where a world government is needed to survive. So if it is going to happen eventually anyways, perhaps maybe we could do our part to make sure it is done right.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
And Christians believe that the ONLY people thats going to pull that off is first their Antichrist who is going to rally all the non-believers to kill them and take them all to Hell and then their messiah will come when all the world are christians and only THEN can there be peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'll admit that I didnt read that entire post but I know what you mean because I've often thought a lot about what it would be like to have a "One World Federation" like you see in most of the future sci-fi films.
Of course you also have the shows like Stargate, for instance, where the aliens will ask the humans why they should be allowed to enter into a Galactic Alliance when something as tiny as the Earth is in such disarray.
It makes you think though.
If or when Aliens do come to Earth, who will be Earths representative?
Will they study us first to see which Nation appears to be the most powerful or will they choose responsibility over power, assuming they arent one in the same?
Then you have the problem of who is going to take the reigns of this worldwide WNO, with the many different religions and philosophies out there, how will it all come together?
You think that the UN is up to the task? Hell they cant even manage an oil for food program without corruption!
There is no way we are ready for this and probably wont be for another 1000 years, if we last that long without wiping each other out.

So yea, i believe it really is a "bad thing"! but that wasnt always what I believed. I used to believe that was the only way it should be but thats because I wanted to be on the Authority side of it..
I wont clog up your thread though, ill explain in another one, if the mods dont mind near duplicate threads.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

A couple of hundred years ago some very wise men set up a government with an elaborate system of "checks and balances" called the United States of America. The clever and greedy among this society had hacked through them in very short order and now the leaders only serve themselves and have taken away the rights and privelages of the citezens that made this country great.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yeah, I tried to weigh out my thoughts on this matter in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It didn't get too far, but that's about the best way I can seem to weigh it out.

And then I tried to answer the question if it was worth it in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is something that I think can be argued both ways. To me, this possible future could be beautiful, but I can in no way condone the deaths of so many people to achieve it.

I don't think it's too late to fix where this world seems headed. Do you?

[edit on 1/31/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
God's way is the ultimate NWO. You just got to recognize if it's God's NWO or another's.

this is to just keep me from having points deducted. Oh my.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by kyred]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
How many times has this been discussed. I have a thread on it, WolfofWar has a really good thread on it. If you guys are interested, both of those threads have some really great material in them. Arguments from both sides.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

Based on a flawed concept called Democracy that has failed before.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Ah but perhaps grasshoppa this rehashing will bring out some new thoughts on the subject.

And the thought "Attempted derailing of thread" comes to glaringly to mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Ah, but perhaps we're dealing with children who refuse to "search" before they post and contribute to a played out thread.

I was being polite at first, but lets get real, huh?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All quotes source: The New International Webster's Pocket Dictionary John F. Kennedy: quote:' Freedom is not merely a word or an abstract theory, but the most effective instrument for advancing the welfare of man'. William Harvard: quote: 'The greatest Glory of a free-born People, Is to transmit that Freedom to their children'. Gerald Ford: quote: ' A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have'. I guess it is obvious that I am against NWO. Whatever they PROMISE us how it will be, the RULES, I mean, they can always change them later when there isn't anymore voting, rights, laws, courts.......... I don't trust them and never will.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

''Is a world government really such a bad thing? ''

A one world gouvernement is a very good thing, that is not the point.....!
The problem is who and under witch system it would be built.

The democracy is a paradis for corruption and Crooks, capitalist Elites
want a one world gouvernemnt only the build a global empire.

When... and only when.....we will find a universal uncorruptable system
under witch all civilisations will have the same power and the same freedom......
and when no more man will have more power then the system.

Then.....and only then......we will be ready for a peacefull One World Order
for now.... the One World Gouvernement is a mirage, an illusion it is once again....
all and only a EMPIRE...! a new world order under a group of powerfull
mans, a secret society that is in power since a very long time...
THE ROMAN EMPIRE.....!

'' Redde Caesari quae sunt Caesaris ''
To Render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar...!

Here is Where, it 's all from and who brought the light to this conspiracy
The NWO blueprint

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Or are you seeking to up your points status?
Doesn't matter to me and wouldn't matter to me.
As far as I am concerned anyone can repost any topic I post.
They just need to not get mad if I cut and paste if I have new no thoughts.

reply to post by Achilles 13

All well and good.
But thats never going to happen given human nature at current.
So we should stay the fractious, bickering and murderous gits we currently are til we somehow magically attain said status?

And that being said some don't want "freedom".
Regional autonomy with a central core and understanding we are all one people would work great.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's tempting to look at a 'one world government' in a positive light, but there are things to consider...

• We as a species (especially us in the west), have a primitive and shallow understanding of our place in the cosmos.
  • While ever Big Business and Nation States exist and are hand-in-hand, a 'one world government' will be nothing but a slave labor camp filled with mindless entertainment and consumerism.

Homosapiens, ie; us - are designed to live in (relatively speaking) small gatherings scattered where there is resources, where proper grass roots democracy is able to take place, and an equilibrium with nature is reached... If a 'one world government' came into existence with societies collective mind-state as it is now, mother earth would turn into nothing more than a giant ant-hill...

[edit on 5-2-2008 by HUMINT]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Imagine how much pork barreling would be done in China and India every time there's an election, these two countries alone could decide the outcome. I think for the average citizen of the western world there would be very little benefit and most likely some major disadvantages. The only western people this would benefit are the super wealthy for whom it would allow substantially increased profits.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
if you think about it we are already participating in a 'one world community' every time we go on the internet.there are no borders.its the so-called 'global village'. now,what would we think of the internet if we could only access stuff from our country of residence?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Is a world government really such a bad thing?

Is a Global Monopoly really such a bad thing?

Is it right for one organization to dictate the worlds law?

If I thought for even one minute that this "Organization"
had our best interests in mind then I would say yes.

But ...alas.. I do not trust this "organization"

they have shown on too many occasions that they only
want to use ,controll and kill us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join