It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we technology…?

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I’ve been thinking….while looking at the structure of the human body along with all the other ‘organic’ life on this planet…are we just an advanced version of computers….? I mean, emotions are just chemicals for goodness sakes….the DNA double helix is the most impressive ‘natural creation’ in the universe….period…

If we could somehow one day engineer DNA ourselves from scratch, it would be the greatest achievement mankind has ever made.. to hell with the a-bomb. To think that our greatest minds now can’t do it, yet by some natural occurrence…something like this could just happen.. I’m an atheist, but… I do believe in intelligent design…I’ve never understood why you can’t believe we were created…. just not by a ‘god’ figure..

I’m starting to think the universe as well as ourselves…is just one big ‘computer program….that the universe is artificial….and that the ‘creator(s) of this artificial universe are made up of a completely different substance…what ever that may be...This also means that any aliens whether they exist or not would also be technology just as we are….

[edit on 26-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No responses huh......

Now this is a true waist of a thread

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Im not sure if this is what you mean but a friend of mine who is fairly smart said that one day Computers will one day wake up because of how advanced they are and figure out that they are computers. I guess if we figure out what we really are maybe what I just said is just the opposite .

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
when u said we are technology do u think we r robots?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've often looked at the way the human body works (my girlfriend is a doctor with all sorts of books lying round) and thought the same thing.

That the body is a technology designed to allow a spirit/soul to experience a third dimensional existence.

Most of the computer analogies can be applied to the human body successfully.

IF the body is a form of organic technology then it would stand to reason that our creators/gods are no more than spirit/soul beings who wanted to acquire a way to experience a 3D existence....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Okay, either this is weird, or someone just got robbed for their idea.

www.abovetopsecret.com... e=1#pid3939877

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yeah and look who’s thread was made first……..also….her thread was originally in the alien/ufo section until a mod transferred the thread here…. so don’t point fingers…..

Just bad luck I guess..........unless she took the idea from me.... who knows...Anyway…..this thread’s started off pretty badly…..

Something I’ll just add……….we have devices like tape recorders… ..video cameras, computers that store information, just like ourselves, we have ears, eyes, and a brain…..I have no idea if we already have smell detectors of some sort, but I’m sure we could invent them soon if we wanted to……simply put, nature can without thought, without any intention….. create us…..

[edit on 28-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
is it perhap's you fell asleep watchign The Matrix again???
then you started haveing these thought's?
sound's to similar lol

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Okay, well, right before I found this coincidence, I was over here.

The bottom of page 6 is where I came in a few days ago, and had just finished reading the last post when I stumbled on this page. I had found the other thread about us being computers last night I think. Weirdness.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Ever since I realized how easy it is to input ‘our’ technology onto ourselves, like putting chips into out brains and the brain responds thinking it’s just another part of the body, or robotic arms, the muscles works with the artificial arm as if it is just a normal arm ….it just seems logical to me…

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A few stars there for you Andre. I have been thinking along these same lines for some time now, as you can see from the second "subtitle" under my ATS identity.

[edit on 1/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The only thing about this theory is … what does that make us….do we have any real purpose….. are we just a simulation…..if a computer program we created was smart enough…..would it think its existence is special like we think ours is……

We could go on for millions of years in the future pondering our purpose…..just to one day find out we’re just a simulation…..a program…..would we start mass suicides….or even care about law……

I guess this is exactly why movies like in The Terminator the robots rebel….I’m guessing because they know how they were created and are enraged they have no real purpose….just to serve man……

I’m guessing in that case we’re just machines serving some greater purpose for our creators….

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Whats a computer's job, to collect/compose information, and, to ammuse it's creators/users.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

if a computer program we created was smart enough…..would it think its existence is special like we think ours is……

It might. That doesn't mean that aliens think we are special though if they created us. They might not even think they are special themselves or place any value on life.

We could go on for millions of years in the future pondering our purpose…..just to one day find out we’re just a simulation…..a program…..would we start mass suicides….or even care about law……

I think this is exactly why we aren't being told about the aliens right now. Forget about millions of years in the future.

I’m guessing in that case we’re just machines serving some greater purpose for our creators….

Purpose really does seem to be the whole point behind this theory of ours. Why would the aliens go to all the trouble of creating such a complex bio-machine? What are they trying to achieve? What can we do that they can't or don't want to?

One thing I thought of was mining for rpecious metals. Maybe this is why money is not based on gold anymore because the aliens ahve slowwly been skimming it for the last century of so. Maybe we are just slave laborers here to strip the planet of its minerals. Everything else we do is just a side show, and our own support network to take care of ourselves while the job gets done.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ok..think of this for a while..

The computer is created by humans, this we know.

It depends on humans to turn it on...
It depends on humans to suply it with a powersource...
It depends on humans to install the software used...
It depends on humans to feed it with input...
------------------------------------

Now who created humans?

Humans depend on water...
Humans depend on food...
Humans depend on air...
Humans depend on sunlight...
------------------------------------

All we have to do now, is look at who is supplying us with our needs to figure out who made us.
Just as we know that the computer is created by the one that supplies it, with its needs.

The answer is simple, we get water from water in the earth, we get food from the earth, we get air from the atmosphere, we get sun from the sun.

So we are a product of our inviroment! nothing more, nothing less...

However...if you remove any of the supplies the humans need or the computer need, both will stop functioning.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

They might not even think they are special themselves or place any value on life.

Do you think aliens also might have figured this out....that they are just some type of machine....I wonder how they coped.

I think this is exactly why we aren't being told about the aliens right now.

If the government found this out....from either their own studies, or were told from aliens......I'm guessing that's exactly why they are so selfish and greedy, the NWO etc.....All they care about is themselves...if they found out they're just some machine, all they're going to do is make the one single life they have, the best they can make it.....and to hell with everyone else......

Why would the aliens go to all the trouble of creating such a complex bio-machine? What are they trying to achieve? What can we do that they can't or don't want to?

I don’t really so much as believe aliens originally created us……They were probably created by the exact same means we were…..From what I’ve read, the aliens have altered us, our genetics to what we are today….maybe they’ve ‘corrected’ us or something….

One thing I thought of was mining for rpecious metals. Maybe this is why money is not based on gold anymore because the aliens ahve slowwly been skimming it for the last century of so. Maybe we are just slave laborers here to strip the planet of its minerals. Everything else we do is just a side show, and our own support network to take care of ourselves while the job gets done.

I would have never thought of that....I mean I know about the Anunnaki theories and how they wanted the metals like gold and created us as laborers to mine the gold......but I’m guessing if Bigfoot exists....we came from them...only the Anunnaki genetically changed us from the Bigfoot species to what we are today....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

A species advanced enough for interplanetary travel, the creation (or at least massive and successful alteration) of life, and all these other wondrous and amazing bits of knowledge and ability, would certainly have a far better and productive method of gathering gold than having naked apes dig it out of their planet's crust.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I been thinking this same thing for years. The human body down to a molecule is so mind boggling we are like a walking universe in itself. Theres gotta be technology behind that. There is millions of tiny machines that dwell in our body that make up the body as a whole, but where does that beginning escence come from? It's strange that our body is so advanced, but dies off in a few years, which is a blink of an eye in comparison to the entire age of the universe. Yet everyone wants to continue to believe that we are alone in this massive bowl of soup. Everything in this world is as perfect as it can possibly be or isn't it? Maybe we are designed and just don't know it. Ironically we are now starting to mess with these molecules and atoms and cloning. Maybe one day we will create AI.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The answer is simple, we get water from water in the earth, we get food from the earth, we get air from the atmosphere, we get sun from the sun.

As true as that is...... my theory extends from not just organic life..... I'm saying the entire universe is artificial, the planets, the sun, everything is artificial, and intentionally created.

You really think Jupiter could exist through natural cases, something that big, the sun, just happened to be ball shaped, and exists almost everywhere throughout the universe giving life a chance to exist everywhere....

Even the design of the earth is an incredible invention…look at how it works, just like life, it has a ‘heart’ a core…..just as a galaxy has a black hole in the centre of it…..

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually….wouldn’t it be the easiest…? Why would they event some type of machine from scratch, when there is an abundance of perfectly suitable primitive creatures who are almost smart enough to do the job for them….all they have to do is a make the brains larger through an increase in proteins… then they’ve got some slave race that can do all the work for them…...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join