It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we technology…?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
...All we have to do now, is look at who is supplying us with our needs to figure out who made us.
Just as we know that the computer is created by the one that supplies it, with its needs.

So we are a product of our inviroment! nothing more, nothing less...

However...if you remove any of the supplies the humans need or the computer need, both will stop functioning.

I don't supply my computer with the electricity that it needs. Coal does. And a monkey can turn a computer on.

I don't see how you have proven the case that we are simply the product of our environment. More specifically, how you have disproven that an alien species may not have created/manipulated the human organism or even life as we know it to do their bidding.

Keep in mind that we are trapped in a three-dimensional existence at this point, and the aliens may not be.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

What I find most intresting about these theoretical conversations is, the computer is an extension of ourselves. It was an invention stemming from the way we logically make desicions with the 1 or 0's valued as yes or no in thought processes. Also the creation of if statements stemmed from the inclusion of the theoretical processes of elimination, which pretty much sumed up our thought processes.

The input of senses would undoubtedly provide the logical calculator, as Charles Babbage dubbed it, with feelings. This is probably a well known theory of this websites genious constituents, but intresting.

The point is, and probably a touch off subject,
The computer was created in our image, does it make us universal gods?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

They might not even think they are special themselves or place any value on life.

Do you think aliens also might have figured this out....that they are just some type of machine....I wonder how they coped.

Maybe they are not just a machine. Maybe just humans are. Maybe by the time you get as smart as them, it really just doesn't matter anymore. I know I would be perfectly content to live a life of leisure without purpose.

I think this is exactly why we aren't being told about the aliens right now.

If the government found this out....from either their own studies, or were told from aliens......I'm guessing that's exactly why they are so selfish and greedy, the NWO etc.....All they care about is themselves...if they found out they're just some machine, all they're going to do is make the one single life they have, the best they can make it.....and to hell with everyone else......

You hit the nail on the head there buddy!

Why would the aliens go to all the trouble of creating such a complex bio-machine? What are they trying to achieve? What can we do that they can't or don't want to?

I don’t really so much as believe aliens originally created us……They were probably created by the exact same means we were…..From what I’ve read, the aliens have altered us, our genetics to what we are today….maybe they’ve ‘corrected’ us or something….

Well, this is all clearly an exercise in speculation. But I think it is possible that we were created by a species far more advanced than us, but still subordinate to the entity we think of as God.

[edit on 1/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jackinthebox

A species advanced enough for interplanetary travel, the creation (or at least massive and successful alteration) of life, and all these other wondrous and amazing bits of knowledge and ability, would certainly have a far better and productive method of gathering gold than having naked apes dig it out of their planet's crust.

What better system could there be? Are you imagining robots? That's what this is all about. We are the robots. How could the system be improved and why should it?

Keep in mind that I don't need a supercomputer driven assembly-line at the General Motors plant to take off or put a lug-nut back on. Even though such a machine exists and would certainly do the job well.

[edit on 1/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Maybe they are not just a machine. Maybe just humans are. Maybe by the time you get as smart as them, it really just doesn't matter anymore. I know I would be perfectly content to live a life of leisure without purpose.

I remember a while back after reading some alien abduction stories and interviews from the Camelot Project, that some form of the greys were more 'machine' then they were organic.....for example, the entire being was perfect like it was a doll, the eyes were like modern cameras and bodies insides weren't what they should have been....

It seems to me that some sort of alien race had the know how, to build a very close replica of the 'organic' body with some added machines.....and if they knew how to build a body from scratch.....I guess it's possible that they built the body the same way we build cars and buildings......an organic body seems to be as easy to create as a spaceship...

There is a man named David Adair who claims to have very briefly worked with an organic engine the size of a bus..... that he thinks is part of spaceship a mile in diameter.

video.google.com.au...

[edit on 28-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Thanks for the link. The first few inutes were interesting but I'll have to come back to it.

As far as the "Grays," there is indeed speculation that they may not actually be aliens, but alien technology. That the Grays are robots who work for one of the other 50 or so species that are supposedly visiting Earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So my main point in this, if aliens can make organic technology, then the idea that we along with all the other organic life on our planet and maybe the entire universe is also technology, along with aliens and such…….I’ve also heard about how aliens themselves look at their bodies like containers, vehicles, suits etc, they use their bodies to get around in, but don’t have the same attachments to them as we have. Apparently after their ‘suit’ dies, they just get a new one and somehow upload their conciseness into it……

And just like everything else…….the conciseness is just a program…..though you may see it as the soul or something like apart of the soul, to me it makes more sense as just a program……because I’m guessing even you feel sometimes while you might be thinking of something…..that an idea feels like it has just been ‘downloaded’ into your brain……

And so just like people being able to read minds, all they’re doing is being able to receive the ‘transmission’ of your thoughts….as your thoughts are always being sent out from your bran like a radio tower…….our thoughts are like radio signals, only we don’t have the tech to pick them up…..

And if you’ve heard about aliens being able to project there thoughts onto people, as well as them being able to read minds…..is because they are able to pick up your transmission of thoughts……and so things like being able to hear people’s thoughts suddenly stops being supernatural, but science fact……

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I think I should give you fair warning that you are driving off the deep end into a pool of insanity.

This does not mean that what you are thinking is not true though. After all, sanity is only a relative concept. The only thing that makes people sane, is that everyone else agrees that they are, regardless of the facts. It wasn't all that long ago in human history where you would have been called insane and burned at the stake if you said the Earth was round.

Just be careful not to trip yourself up too much though. It's fun to get thinking real deep, and I think people should more often, but don't forget to come back and touch down in reality.

Just some friendly advice.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
When people say such and such is the greatest technological discovery we’ve ever made eg….spacecraft, cloning, computers, even if you don’t believe in this theory….we logically are the most advanced system on the planet…..our brains and bodies are more advanced technologically then the greatest computer we’ve ever constructed…..how can nature do what we can’t….?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

...how can nature do what we can’t….?

I think you're knocking on God's door. Tell it I say hi.

Eventually you will have to accept that there are things out there that are bigger and more complex than your human brain could ever possibly comprehend.

Maybe the aliens don't bother to tell us what's going on because we can't understand even if we told them. Ever try to explain to your pet why you feed them? Ever explain to a cow that you are going to eat it and why?
Ever try to explain you personal take on the inner working of the universe to an ant?

It's a big universe out there. But if you believe that it is all deliberate, then only God could be behind the master plan.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I've always had an idea it could be possible our brain is just a computer that interfaces between all realities of the same type/time and incorporates them into it's own reality as things happen... eg a 20% chance a cat dies... a certain event happens (eg it's run over) and it dies... the brain has figured this out and switches to that reality/universe etc... then combines it with another when your grandma is killed in a bank hold up... etc.

In other words we are living in our own reality..... fabricated from all the decisions and events and random probabilities in life...

Little bit matrixy eh

That would explain many paranormal phenomena as well.. eg ghosts... they could be what our brain sees from another reality. My sister saw one of a fully fledged New Zealand Maori battle warrior in the middle of the day... ran past her and then disappeared... I've seen one myself but different circumstances.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

If you’re interested you should look into astral travel if you’re interested in ghosts and the supernatural….check this out….

Astral Travel: Albert Taylor Pt.1/12
au.youtube.com...

After a myriad of paranormal events, and as a result of a spiritual awakening, Taylor left behind nearly two decades of work as an aeronautical engineer/scientist, to author and publish his book, Soul Traveler. Taylor is currently a metaphysical researcher, teacher, lecturer and artist. He is an active member of International Association of Near Death Studies, Inc. (IANDS) and a participant in the Monroe Institute's On-line Email Voyagers program.

Parapsychology researcher Albert Taylor returned to discuss out-of-body experiences (OBEs) as well as physical attacks by spirit entities. The onset of an OBE typically involves three sensations, he detailed: 1) paralysis, where the soul disconnects from the body, 2) vibration, as the transition begins to the astral plane and 3) a roaring or electronic sound.

There are a number of levels to the astral plane, he said, and as you rise higher vibrationally, you move upwards. Beyond the astral, is the etheric plane, a light body realm where Taylor said he has also journeyed. By positively stating "I want...," one can control the nature of their OBE, he explained. He differentiated astral travel from remote viewing, saying that in an OBE one can be an active participant rather than just an observer.

The lower astral planes are inhabited by a variety of beings, some of whom appear to be involved in attacks on humans, Taylor noted. Through his organization, Paranormal Research Investigations, he has tracked such cases, one of which involved a teenage girl that his team observed suffering from bleeding wounds that appeared from an unknown, invisible source.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It seems it would also make a lot of sense to say the atoms that we are all composed of, that is, every physical substance in the universe is composed of, are building blocks used to create this universe……and are also technology for example, protons and electrons have negative and positive charges and such, how does the universe simply create atoms from a natural assurance, the big bang doesn’t make sense because it doesn’t answer what happened before the big bang, energy can’t exist out of nothing….there has to be some kind of trigger that caused the big bang......

It seems it would be more logical to say there was an intelligent intention in the creation of the big bang…..like a little jolt, or push it the right direction....not a ‘god’ an all knowing all powerful figure, but some kind of entity intelligent enough to know how to build a universe from scratch, just as we are intelligent enough to build a computer from scratch……

I originally expected that any thing to be able to think must have a brain, but then I realized it would not be composed of atoms and DNA and such because that is what we are made of, it would possibly be made just as we are of energy, but in a different form of energy, just as light is energy in waves, and atoms are energy with a physical form….

I just hope someone can make sense out of what I’m saying……it’s getting really hard to put down what’s in my mind onto paper…..

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

If there is a creature who created the universe, it would have to be powerful enough and knowledgeful enough to do so. In my book, that's enough to be God. Not people's preconceived notions of some guy with a white beard or anything, just a supreme being. That doesn't even mean that this being is not part of an even bigger picture either though. There may be many Gods who rule over seperate dimensions of the multi-verse which exists beyond our physical universe.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I think I should give you fair warning that you are driving off the deep end into a pool of insanity.

Maybe, but I think the opposite.

Andre, in my opinion, you are on the right track but stop once in a while and try to fill in more of the bigger picture of how everything fits together remembering that there is nothing to fear, don't let paranoia creep in to your thinking, it's all good.

Everything in the physical Universe is technology, everything is made by entities further up the totem pole than we are. The Humans on Earth issue and our lack of answers is purely due to our reason for being here and our adolescence. When we die and shake of this fleshy suit, the veil is lifted to the degree that suits the development of your soul.

Don't assume that Earth and Humans are some freak of nature, independantly evolving and stuck on this rock. We play a part in the big picture as much as everything else does.

We are not robots, we have a purpose which is to give a three dimensional experience to souls... the 3d Universe provides linear time. Greys are more like robots in that they don't usually house a soul.

The human costume, or any alien physical costume is wearable by a soul and the type of physicality depends on the type of soul. Infinite designs for infinite jobs and purposes. The human costume happens to have the purpose of giving a certain soul type a lesson.

My opinion anyway.

I'm a nutter though. Obviously.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Prote

Sanity is a relative concept.

And a star for you.

[edit on 2/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Prote

I think you might benefit from watching this……extremely fascinating
Non-Physical Realms Part 1/11

Physicist Tom Campbell spoke about his experiences exploring different realms of consciousness. He worked with Robert Monroe in the early 1970s, helping establish Monroe's laboratory for the study of consciousness, and develop the Hemi-Sync technology, used to attain specific altered states.

Learning to have out-of-body experiences (OBEs) was the doorway that led Campbell to further explorations into non-physical realms. The non-physical realms have greater variety and fewer constraints than the physical world we are familiar with, he explained. He has made trips to the probable future, and said that humanity still exists a thousand years from now.

Beliefs and expectations surrounding the out-of-body experience can hold people back, he said, adding that the mind's intent can be a powerful tool for moving into non-physical realms. In his book series, 'My Big TOE,' TOE is an acronym for "Theory of Everything," and he uses his knowledge gleaned from the non-physical realms to expound on life, purpose, physics and evolution.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Very interesting, I have studied Monroe but really it was Robert Bruce's work that I followed much more closely with OOBE work.

I was surprised to hear in part 6 (or 5) his explanation for the physical and why we are here was.... luck! lol. He did go on to say in part 9 that the physical universe is a virtual reality.

However, as he points out, we are actually multi dimensional beings. He also reinforced the notion that there really is nothing to be fearful of, in fact, thats what holds us back, I just maintain that a lot of that is by design.

The truth is, much of the topics we discuss on these boards that are "unproven" and scoffed at are so easy to prove to oneself, but people don't. This guy Campbell hit the nail on the head, they want to prove the non physical by physical means and it just doesn't work like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Prote

When he talked about his out of body experiences, astral projection etc, that really caught my attention and how everything was studied between the two of them, if only he could explain an in-depth explanation on how anyone, any single person can achieve what he did…then everyone can experience this and it will be accepted much more scientifically…..Just how amazing that would be if the entire human race was able to at will astral-project and experience all those wonders…..the world would be a different place…….

You do your stuff doing the day and then as soon as you fall asleep, you’re awake again in a different reality while your body sleeps…….so you’re awake 24/7…..

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If your conjecture is based on a knowledge of humans on a biological, chemical, and physical level than you have to avoid separating us from other life.

Other primates are near identical chemically with only a very very few difference in DNA and gene expressions and no difference on a protein level.

Likewise, all life on earth is related and built of the same blocks. To say we are more than a product of our environment, a vehicle of some sort, begs the question why make a bunch of other stuff too? Sure some of it supports us, but of all the worlds biomass, we don't need it all.

It is too easy to be egocentric, to talk about humans, but many life forms don't rely on us, nor us them. Proof of this is the extinction of man species over the last few thousand years, yet we are still here.

So what of the Chimps? The fish? The worms? The Bacteria?

If we are constructs, then everything is a construct. If we are simulation, everything is simulation.

All in all it is a philosophical round about with no exits. One can posit all day on the subject of the unknowable and never come out ahead. It is an intellectual trap that while good as exercise would be pointless and maddening if pondered with any fervor.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join