It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Military Offers Explanation For Stephenville UFO Reports

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
HMMM- lets see... 10 F-16s? I've got it!!! They must be all the intercepters that went AWOL on 9/11!!!!

[edit on 24-1-2008 by ItsHumanNature]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

The problem you and most are missing, I think, is that the majority of the people out there WILL believe this crap. Thats what is scary.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"Man claims to have video of alleged UFO"

cbs11tv.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I havnt read all of the posts here, but in the ones I have nobody has mentioned the absurdity of F-16's flying around with bright lights on.....Maybe it is some new "Anti-Stealth" technology they are testing.....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm getting the impression the military is changing their stance on having F-16's flying in case there are photos of F=16's taken which would debunk his original comment.

It does not sound like he's saying it was or wasn't the F-16's being reported as the UFO.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that most of the reporting does not mention the size from that initial article? Then, I keep reading where it is mentioned that there is a video of some sort and I have not seen one posted. Anybody know where this video is? On a news report last night they had a still in the background with a smaller object but never said if the photo pertained to this.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

and then the concerning part of this is the statement that MUFON has remarked about this video calling it "unremarkable". If the video agrees with the eye witness accounts it necessarily and inherently CANNOT be unremarkable. Even if the video proves the witnesses didn't see a UFO it STILL is remarkable because it would be the determining factor for identifying what they were seeing. So I'm a bit concerned about MUFON so quickly deeming this "unremarkable"...makes no sense from an investigative standpoint.

[edit on 1-24-2008 by Valhall]

Could be the the MUFON person who's saying that it's unremarkable is a strictly nuts and bolts guy and what's showing in that vid looks too much like some of those movies recorded by Dorothy Izatt and others too .... one will find the same phenomenon by those who profess to be in contact with BVM. There are seers all over the world who get the same kind of phenomenon in their movies too. There are also UFO sightings described by witnesses that look like what we are seeing in this movie too.
So MUFON is shying away from it because it's too "spiritual" or more specifically, it's too "inter-dimensional" or too paranormal -- so regardless if it's really showing that UFO from a distance or not and regardless that other witnesses have described seeing the same thing too, MUFON would rather ignore it for those reasons I just mentioned -- and this is NOT right. Why isn't it right? Because they are ignoring and in this case, saying that's it's unremarkable when in fact it's a very significant video showing how this UFO looked when viewed from the location at that particular time.... when it was recorded. Several witnesses observed this shape shifting phenomenon and Steve Allen knows this... this is why he turned this video over to MUFON to view it.
This is essential information for this sighting and shame on MUFON for saying it's no big deal!

This may be the only authentic movie taken of one of the UFO's in this area on that date in that area.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Didn't most of the witnesses describe an actual mile-long CRAFT, not some weird squiggly lines of light? Steve Allen claims the video of the blue squiggly lines is exactly what he saw. So why didn't he describe the "craft" as looking like weird shifting squiggly blue lines of light in the first place? Those squiggly lines don't even look like a solid craft or anything...

The other witness claims he saw the huge UFO hover right above him and that it was a solid grey metal-looking craft. How exactly does that correlate with the video of the blue squiggly thing? This case is way too confusing...

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide.

Texans report seeing UFO
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

One eyewitness Ricky Sorrells said the UFO was emitting mirage heat waves and was 3 football fields long he guessed as it filled the sky above him and the timber he was hunting in.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If I was the government, trying to keep the lid on UFO's, wouldn't I want something like MUFON around to draw those type of people and then use that as a disinformation site, with occasional bon mots thrown in to keep it credible? Video aside, the fact that you have so many witnesses that disagree with the Air Force assessment, and the fact that the news doesn't seem to be sitting down with ten or so of them and asking them about it in time units longer then 30 seconds once again points to the media control exercised on this area. The explanations given for this, and things like the Phoenix Lights, are laughable. ATS needs to be down there gathering all the evidence up and sharing the eyewitness accounts in detail.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx

One eyewitness Ricky Sorrells said the UFO was emitting mirage heat waves and was 3 football fields long he guessed as it filled the sky above him and the timber he was hunting in.

That is what I am trying to say. The "other witness" that I mentioned was Ricky Sorrells. Sorrells described a huge metallic craft, but Steve Allen says the video of weird blue squiggly lines was exactly what he saw. Makes no sense...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

That is what I am trying to say. The "other witness" that I mentioned was Ricky Sorrells. Sorrells described a huge metallic craft, but Steve Allen says the video of weird blue squiggly lines was exactly what he saw. Makes no sense...

In the video cbs11tv.com...

they obviously quoted Allen out of context... they show that short vid with the squiggly lines and immediately after that you see Allen saying "that is it" but that's just how the news channel edited that presentation...
Allen never said anywhere that he saw those squiggly lines anywhere in any of his interviews...

but in this video, the news editors of that station mis-quoted him. He was probably saying "that is it" in reference to something else but for the sake of creating this video presentation, those news editor's of that station inserted Allen saying "that is it" when he was talking about something else just to make it appear that the video IS a video of the UFO Allen saw that day... Allen saw a mile long UFO... that's what he saw... not the lines... That video was given to Allen by someone who wants to remain anonymous. Because Allen knows that some witnesses saw the same thing that's in this video, he turned it over to MUFON. I think the video is legitmate and important... Allen thought it was important too which is why he passed it on to MUFON.

You should know that with news media people, it's all about the story regardless that they are presenting the correct information.

Everyone knows that when you talk to the media, you never know how the person who is writing the story up will change it or slant it to support whatever angle the writer is aiming for in terms of how they are approaching the story as a whole and the information they are hoping to convey to the public.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Also remember, sightings occured before and after dark. As for mufon, I believe they were referring to photos and video as unremarkable, which I take to mean is there is nothing definitive.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's important to interpret phenomenon like this on a case by case basis. Because a mile long UFO was sighted by dozens of people that day, this other light phenomenon IS REMARKABLE because it occured on the same day.
It is what it is. Weird Morphing lines but to say that it's "not remarkable' causes one to wonder where exactly is MUFON coming from? You can't just pick and choose which strange phenomena one wants to consider sig.or not and as I said before, I think it's that restrictive "nuts and bolts" mentality that's screening out important information just because they are adverse to anything that looks remotely paranormal. When doing that, they are leaving out huge chunks of information about what happened that day to slant it towards and support their opinions and interpretation of it. And more significantly, TO SUPPORT THEIR PRE-EXISTING POINT OF VIEW. So at the end of the day, all we have is an incomplete report on what really happened that day with crucial information missing. This isn't right.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The weird squiggly lines sounds like the mirage heat waves described by Ricky Sorrells.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The weird squiggly lines sounds like the mirage heat waves described by Ricky Sorrells.

I'm talking about the squiggly lines in this video:

cbs11tv.com...

I think Ricky Sorrells said he saw the mirage heat waves coming directly off the huge metallic craft that he was looking at. The blue squiggly lines in that video don't look anything like that.

The blue squiggly lines sort of reminds me of those weird space worms. They also look like they could be some sort of hologram or projection.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is Stephenville a tipping point in UFO disclosure?

Or, are we at this point now that the special activities guys are just going through the same old drill, but knowing that the American people don't necessarily believe the cover stories anymore?

Maybe the acclimation processes and timing are right for citizens to start understanding more about a serious and important matter, including the activities of people and groups trying to manage the situation.

www.americanchronicle.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
So MUFON is shying away from it because it's too "spiritual" or more specifically, it's too "inter-dimensional" or too paranormal -- so regardless if it's really showing that UFO from a distance or not and regardless that other witnesses have described seeing the same thing too, MUFON would rather ignore it for those reasons I just mentioned -- and this is NOT right.

That's what happens when you have dogmatic-science elitists running a paranormal organization. They will deem anything 'paranormal' to be outside the realm of science and therefore, implausible.

This denies the fact that many experts attest that E.T. and UFO technology is inherently intradimensional and far beyond our capacity of understanding. Dogma is the single worst thing about the scientific community. Some are able to expand their conception, others would rather not touch it at all: that's the difference between real science and Dogma.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
By the way I know this is unrelated, but the video link to the news story, something caught my eye.

The CBS symbol in the corner (which is an Illuminati symbol), along with the INVERTED star (satanic symbol) and the number eleven with the inverted star in between.

Good lord Mass Media is just pounding on people's subconscious with all their luciferic imagery.

As to the video itself... blatant holographic technology. I can't believe they're using it already... we were told this was going to happen. Yikes. It's not E.T. technology at all.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join