It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Military Offers Explanation For Stephenville UFO Reports

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pompano -

But how can they expect to keep something secret that's a mile wide?

I guess denying it is enough to shut up the news media.

Kinda sucks that people who saw it and were scared out of their minds thinking it was an alien invasion don't get an official answer to what they saw. I guess it's all in the name of national security which I can understand.

That is, if it's really ours which they haven't acknowledged...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
*edit* sorry mods

[edit on 24-1-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
I believe that this latest statement from our military only further strengthens the witness testimonies.

They have admitted to F-16's flying thru the area which most witnesses clearly and accurately said were there.

This CAN ONLY mean that the other thing that the witnesses claim was flying thru Stephensville was indeed there and was not military in origin, as far as they could best ascertain.

So I state again, the witnesses clearly identified the F-16's as such, which must mean that there was clearly another huge craft there.

You have a good point, and to add to it, who would believe that some 50 witnesses who came forward saying that they saw UFOs being chased by fighter jets were mistaken and actually saw a bunch of fighter jets flying together? They could only make out the fighter jets in the rear of the pack, but couldn't see the ones in the front for some reason?

Alternatively as I stated earlier, the military expects us to believe that what 50 witnesses actually saw was just a couple of fighter jets going by, and that they dreamed up that they were chasing a huge unknown object?

There have been a lot of good points on this subject that could use to be consolidated, I propose a list:

Why The Military's Explanation Is BS:
1. The military first claimed there was nothing in the area, and then changed to having 10 fighter jets out that night 2 weeks later. Why did they lie the first time, and why did it take 2 weeks to come up with this?
2. It is not common for the military to send out 10 fighter jets at a time.
3. 10 fighter jets flying over a quiet rural area would be heard by everyone, they are loud!
4. 50+ witnesses claimed to see a mile long silent flying object being chased by fighter jets, how do fighter jets fly silently? And how do you mistake a mile long object but are capable of making out a fighter jet clearly? 50+ people corroborated the same story?
5. Some said that the object changed color and shined with an intensity greater than a welding flame, how could fighter jets explain this?
6. Why would the military be flying 10 fighter jets over a civilian area?

Feel free to add to this, clarify it.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wasn't Dan Ankaroyd gonna do a show with the OHare footage?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Grey Basket, are you by chance Stan Friedman?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow_Lord

I agree with you.

I spoke to my brother-in-law who is a former Air force mechanic. Its almost unheard of to have 10 F16's in a single formation. He says the most he's ever seen was 6 and that was in Iraq. He states that anymore than 6 is dangerous and not done even under wartime conditions. In the states, its usually 2-4 in formation max.

The Air Force explanation seems likely to be a cover based on this information. Anyone else out there that can confirm the numbers in formation cap, etc... it might force the Air Force to come clean if we confront them on this

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Thats why I believe the craft to be for space based missions, something that big would have to be spotted more often if were being used for anything else. IMO.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by pompano]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
You don't make errors like that. How could they not know where a few million dollars worth of war fighting equipment went?

Aaaaand the best lie the Military could come up with quickly crumbles under the weight of the first TWO posts.

God I love ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This Texas UFO sighting is constructed to divert attention from the aliens on mars pictures.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

On the contrary, Paul76, it would more of seem that the "alien on mars picture"( just a wierd and small rock formation I.M.H.O)
is a construct to divert attention from the Stephenville incident and at the same time put to ridicule anyone believing this and by association all UFO believers aswell.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just found this on the New York Times websit with an interesting title:

F-16s at Scene of U.F.O. Sighting in Texas
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

Notice the title isn't "F-16s Cause of U.F.O. Sighting in Texas" - Nice!

This part's also interesting when they put a

question to Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing, which operates out of the airbase. Major Lewis’s door-slamming response will doubtless strike U.F.O. buffs as both unsurprising and revealing in its reticence:

“What we do down there falls under operational procedures that cannot be released because of operations security for our mission,” he said.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
FYI, AOL just had the story on their page, and I was pleased to see that not one commenter believed at bit of what the Military said.

This is encouraging,as I would expect us here to deny their ignorance, but to see the general public calling BS on the military is nice to see.

Hopefully, every person who has heard of this story will see the explanation and scoff immediately. This can only improve the awareness of the public in general.

I think after years of lying about Iraq, the mass media has already lost its credibility to the public. Once they start handing out these fishy explanations for big events its only going to go downhill for them.

This is good for us... but very bad for the powers that be. If at any point they have lost complete control of the publics beliefs, they're probably going to shut down the media any way they can. This means charging news groups with warcrimes for reporting 'military activity' like obvious UFO sightings etc.

I wish I were just being paranoid but that's the next logical step for them. Just stop stories from being released at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hi all, new member that has some interesting input to this whole train of thought. I figure it was worth injecting because I don't think I have seen it mentioned yet, (nor have I had time to peruse other threads to see if already mentioned)... but I think the obvious military excuse , slip up, what ever you will call it, was an intended slight of hand on their part. 2008 is the year the we are to be "awakened" en mass. As of late 2007, a global DNA activation was triggered.

Research has shown however that the Schumann Resonance (Planetary heartbeat) is increasing. It has gone from 7.8(pre Nov.11 2007 ie 11:11) cycles ps to over 12(Dec. 12 2007 ie 12:12) cycles ps.. When we hit 13 (take a guess when) cycles, the belief is that a dimensional shift will occur.

We are being "prepped" IMHO, for what is to come. By slowly acclimating the populace to the idea of a huge fleet of ships up there, I think it will be in the governement's, or atleast illuminati's best interests in order to easily control the world if we had a new unified "threat" that they know is not a threat. This new "Fear of alien terror" will unite the world governments into the 1 world government they have been waiting all along for. When that happens, we will see the arrival of the beast.... Nibiru. Nibiru you say? Check this out kids....

Prepare to flip...

Burak Eldem "2012: Rendez-vous With Marduk"
en.burakeldem.com...
This book explains the enigmatic Number of the Beast (numerology) by proposing a misinterpretation:

The orbital period of Nibiru/Marduk was 3661 years; and this number was written as a "three wedges in a row" in Mesopotamian sexagesimal mathematics.

The sign for number 1 was used three times for 3600 (Shar), 60 (Ges) and 1 (As) respectively which made 3661 in total. And the cuneiform sign for "1" was very much alike the Hebrew letter "Waw" or "Vav", which had "6" as numerical value.

As Eldem puts the matter, Hebrew priests apparently adopted the "secret number" of Marduk and misinterpreted the sign as "666", or, "three Vav's".

Because Marduk was the enemy's god, this number eventually became the "mark for Devil's Servant", and later "Anti-Christ"s sign in Christianity.

-----
So in essence, prophecy upon prophecy , upon prophecy will unfold in 1 big prophetic orgy of inevitability.

phew.

its so hard spreading the word.

questions, comments, flames, assassination attempts?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a huh a huh huhhhahahahahahaha ( gently wipes tears from eyes)) whats actually funnier than this ludicrous explanation is that most ppl believe it .... sigh

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
m/2008/nomysterysolved.html
I think this craft and the one seen in Pheonix in 1997 are one in the same, just going off of descriptions and size it seems very likely. Also witnessess of both sightings put the craft on courses that would have had them heading in the general directon of area 51.

Interesting, and don't forget the recent Bakersfield sighting. Many descriptions from witnesses of the Texas craft described flashing lights in no discernible pattern, that changed formation, forming arc shapes in the sky...

Let me just mention that the Bakersfield sighing has not been solved and remains a great mystery. The 13 min video went thru the ringer here at ATS and still came out clean on the other end..

We may not need video from Texas because I believe the craft in Bakersfield is what was seen in Stephensville...

First, a few witness descriptions from Texas. Remember these when you watch the Bakersfield video.

I went out on my back porch to see what was going on and saw the "UFO" hovering about half a mile above ground in the pasture next to our house. It had oval shaped bright white lights that danced about. Often making triangle shapes and then submerging into one bright light.

I heard the jets from a distance, looked like they were coming from the Ft. Worth area. When I looked at the jets and looked back to the hovering UFO, its lights blinked 4 times, went black and quickly shot off to the south towards Hico.

"The first time we saw it, the duration was three minutes; then it started slowing down and passed us, and the lights in the back reformed into an arc shape, and they would flash on and off with no particular pattern," he said. "Then those changed into two vertical lines. It was totally silent."

Some of the descriptions by witnesses talked about glowing orbs and seeing a wedge-shaped row of lights.

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Here's the Bakersfield video. 2 parts. Pay attention to how the girls describe this...as "wedged" shaped and HUGE...
Part 1
Part 2 The 2nd half of this one is mental!

Here's the thread.. With both witnesses who filmed it.

I'd like to get this video to one of the Texas witnesses to see if it matches what they saw.

EDIT to add: There some foul language in the above video, a testament to what these girls are witnessing. Not typical of seeing F-16's....

[edit on 24-1-2008 by PhotonEffect]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I guess the real question is: what WOULD 10 F-16s in a nighttime training routine look like? I really have no idea. Is it possible that the F-16s were far enough away to seem "silent", yet close enough to be easily visible? What do a bunch of fighter jets look like at night while changing formation?

The big problem with this incident is that the witnesses don't seem to agree on a whole lot, other than that they saw lights. I don't even think but one or two of them actually claimed to see a solid craft; rather, they inferred that the pattern of lights were fixed on some large object. That is a huge problem, in my opinion, since the "mile-long" description is really the only thing that puts a hole in the military explanation. That, and the fact that the military took so long to change the official story.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OMG Photon, that was amazing video from Bakersfield. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Here's the Bakersfield video. 2 parts. Pay attention to how the girls describe this...as "wedged" shaped and HUGE...
Part 1
Part 2 The 2nd half of this one is mental!

Here's the thread.. With both witnesses who filmed it.

I'd like to get this video to one of the Texas witnesses to see if it matches what they saw.

EDIT to add: There some foul language in the above video, a testament to what these girls are witnessing. Not typical of seeing F-16's....

I actually mentioned that in another forum when the first video came out with the constable's testimony, he seems to describe exactly what those girls video taped.

But furthermore, could this instead be the light show he saw:
cbs11tv.com...
In this video the pilot witness agreed that this was indeed what he saw.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Grey Basket]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

I couldn't agree more and good catch!

I just started a thread on this theory, figured it needed it's own debate....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by projectvxn
You don't make errors like that. How could they not know where a few million dollars worth of war fighting equipment went?

Aaaaand the best lie the Military could come up with quickly crumbles under the weight of the first TWO posts.

God I love ATS.

The F-16s are 20 million US dollar each, so that's 200 million US dollars flying in tight formation over a populated area, usually you can see stunts like that performed by the US Thunderbirds on an air show under very good conditions. If some eyewitness managed to get a picture of one of the planes and could confirm that they were equipped with missiles it's so silly I hope some air force or military trained personnel really have the guts to contact the media and explain why that kind of exercise is not plausible.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by tangent45]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join