It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, more cops in El Paso, TX. If you are going to put the country into debt, might as well do it with your buddies making more money. I noticed a new kind of cop today. Not military police but base police, a new kind of federal cop. Also RIAA cops putting people in jail for copywright violations.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not here on Long Island ... we have county police departments so its basically impossible for them to increase their presence in one particular area without leaving another without any police presence at all.

Earthman, these "Base Police" are civilians that will be "replacing" the MPs. The MPs are supposed to be losing the stateside garrison law enforcement function to civilian DOD cops .... the MPs will still handle critical facility protection, force protection and overseas garrison law enforcement.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i believe the financial situation and the immigrant situation in america
has the elite a bit concerned something will stir some type of public
unrest. by the way....flint michigan here. no increased presence.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by last time here]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can vouch for noticing an increased police presence. I think it was last year... not 07 i mean but 06 our city's police department got a whole bunch of money. Theres tons of cops out here now...

it also seems like they hire just about anyone to be a cop now too...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

Thank you. I asked a location because it would seem that these increases are not across the board, but in certain specific areas.

Still, I hope you are right and the seeming statistics are skewed.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Minneapolis MN reporting in. Lived here 25 years and never seen so many cops. They all dress in bullet proof vests and jack boots too.

Even on our ONE lightrail line the cops who check tickets are usually big aryan looking soldiers wearing bullet vests and jack boots.

Cops these days are scared and because they are scared they act much more aggressive.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Northern California beach town reporting here. Nothing going on out of the ordinary. I haven't been up to SF lately, but San Jose/Palo Alto hasn't seemed overly patrolled based on my exposure. I have heard more helicopter traffic here though.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No more cops than usual.

I have been running more red lights, and breaking the speed limit more than usual.

I'm a little curious though, why would more cops on the street be a bad thing???

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Greatly increased police presence here (Queensland Australia)...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harrymudd

It is assumed they are increasing in numbers to dissipate the civil disobediance that will ensue when we all learn how we got scammed by the current administration.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
Greatly increased police presence here (Queensland Australia)...

Queensland. Beautiful one day... Overrun with cops the next!

Can't wait to move to Noosa... Unless it is gonna be a bacon convention in which case... Nup.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was talking to someone down in the south of England and he too has noticed a higher presence of police.

I havn't but then again I don't go to crowded towns too often.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I don't know about increased police activity in my town as I typically hear sirens every day at least once.

However, I have witnessed an increase in arrests and traffic stops in the area.

Not to mention there was a speed camera put on the side of a local highway that doesn't really do anything to deter speeders, but it sure does rake in a pretty penny for the local law enforcement officers I'm sure (my girlfriend has already gotten a ticket from the camera and its only been up for a few months).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Southeast Missouri has no extra law enforcement that I have seen.

Though with local event going on in the past six months or so it might not be such a bad idea to have a few more out there.
If anything is in the works it would be an assassination attempt but I think it is too early for that yet. When it comes to the economy crash we need to remember that police don’t get paid tons of cash either (here starting pay for patrol is only a few dollars more an hour than I make) and they will be hurting as well.
As far as worrying about a coming police state or such I believe that there are plenty of police that will drop their badge and defend the average citizen’s rights. There are those citizens out there though that will happily sell their neighbor to big brother for protection though. Not all cops are bad just the bad ones get more coverage and some areas do have more bad cops than others.

Also though it is now late January it is still close enough to the holidays that there may be more patrolling more often to help maintain drunken driving, theft, and what have you.

I could be wrong but I would wager that people are just noticing them more than normal, or since it is the start of a New Year maybe the departments have gotten their new budgets in not sure when they get them. My company though already knows its budget for this year they got that information last month and had to wait until this month to begin the spending.

Raist

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Outside Philly, I live a block from the police station and the cars pull out of the lot and down my street. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary but....... I have been inside most of the time.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep my eyes open. Wonder how Philly is doing.

I think there is to much going on to fast, so something could be in the makes.

NG, sorry to hear about your son.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I cant speak for America but in Ireland you might go a month with out seeing a cop, then al of a sudden you see 'em every where, I'm sure they have like a quota as to how many times they have to be on the beat, and they usually leave it till the last moment! So id say it's just normal exercise! just my two cents

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
George, Washington and surrounding area.

There has been a spike in police presence in every city in this area. The small community of George (550 people) has one Sheriff come by once a day. In the past 3 days, there has been 4 Sheriffs sitting in town, throughout the day.

Moses Lake has seen an increase in Security Guards and Cops.

Ephrata, the county seat, has seen more police presence.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No police increase in Blackburn UK, house prices still too high, job pay increase still in the cards... I've noticed a few other UK posts but is this a US only thing... Is marshall law coming into effect before tu24?????

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No police increase in Blackburn UK, house prices still too high, job pay increase still in the cards... I've noticed a few other UK posts but is this a US only thing... Is marshall law coming into effect before tu24?????

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Northern MD has A LOT more sheriffs hanging out at wawa. I would be in there anywhere from the hours of 9-12 midnight. Just hanging out, anywhere from 3-7 cars in the parking lot. Truth be told, I saw 9 ride by the said wawa 2 nights ago going lord knows where. Good hunting.

Anyone have any thoughts?

[edit on 22-1-2008 by midnightrider07]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join