It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We have some many cops here anyway its hard to tell if theres more than usual, but in the last few days I've seen the sherrifs dpt. making traffic stops in the city limits. They never do that, it the past it would have taken a major incident for them to get involved in the city. And last night it appeared as though they were pulling people over at random.
When I got to the grocery store they were just pulling some one over, 2 patrol cars 4 officers.
When I came out they had some else pulled over, and a third patrol car pulled someone over just then. They appeared to be doing searches.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
i stop at the local cafe.. every morning for coffee.. and there are usually only 2 officers who stop in and have donuts and coffee.. but the last few days.. there have been 4 and 5 of them.. whats going on.. a shortage of donuts???

Thats got to be it there is a shortage of donuts so the police are out looking to see who stole them or if people may have some in there cars.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have seen a huge increase in the amount of cops driving around, and pulling people over. I don't know what is going on. There should be a fair amount of cops here on ATS. I would hate for them to break their cover, but WHAT IS GOING ON???

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary in Columbus OH. Didn't they just have the political voting in Nevada with all the presidential candidates there? My guess is that is why there was more police on patrol.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I havent really noticed an increase recently, however over the past year or so I have definitely noticed in increase in northern indiana. Used to be you would go for a whole day without seeing a cop, now it doesnt seem like you can go a mile. I will keep my eyes open for any more increase, to be honest I really havent paid much attention.

On a side not, we had some stuff stolen at my place of employment, the boss is gone so I am in charge and had to deal with the police. I got talking to an officer and he actually said to me how the constitution makes it hard to do their jobs effectively. You could just tell the disgust in his voice that he actually had to follow some letter of law against citizens. He also said the word civilians refering to us common folk, I was going to engage in a conversation on the importance of the constitution, and the fact that he was a civilian just like me and all the people that pay his salary. However I figured, some things are better left unsaid, some views are better left unseen to some. This is a fairly small ltown and I am sure a mental note would be made in his mind about the dissident down the road that is a "constitutionalist" enemy of the new peoples republic of the US.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hiring police costs money.
Having an increased police presence costs money.
And it's usually a big deal. I know it is here when we hire more police or get more police cars, etc.

So....anyone have any links or articles confirming there actually is an increase of police in your city, town, village or is it that you are just noticing them more?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Increase in police presence in Montreal also.
Mind you, these guys' been busting our balls
For quite a few months now.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary in Columbus OH. Didn't they just have the political voting in Nevada with all the presidential candidates there? My guess is that is why there was more police on patrol.

Our little Presidential caucus was basically overlooked by the candidates. Romney, Paul, and Hunter were here, but thats about it.

It's been a few days since all of that was over with, and I just got back from running a few errands all over town. As far as more than usual numbers of cops, I noticed it today as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Didn't they just have a primary in Nevada. The first black candidate, first female candidate and Slick Willie walking around. There will be a steped up presence of police during the primaries and general election for protection.

link   
From central Canada here, there are many more police as they did a hiring spree last year.

It seems they are up to the same old, stopping people for no reason or for minor traffic violations. I suppose they have to pay the new recruits somehow. Seemingly no change to the violent crimes and gang activity which inspired them to increase the task force.

link   
I ha vent seen an increase here. LOL

I emailed and asked a few people around the country in major cities (WDC, Dallas, NY). No significant increases there.

To have an increase, you have to have more hiring of cops. This would be information the public would know about. Does anyone have any info on their cities hiring more cops?

I think some people may just be more aware of the cops, rather then there being an increase. After reading all the threads here on cops, police state, etc....Im sure some people are just more aware of cops being around....doesnt mean there are more cops around.

For example. When I'm looking at buying a new vehicle - a specific one - I tend to notice more of those vehicles on the road. Or when I want a new handbag, I tend to notice handbags on the arms of woman more. LOL

Doesn't mean there are more of them.....it just means I'm more in tune and more aware of them being out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this is a drill. Just a paranoid alert to keep all of us up on the adrenaline rush. I make NO claims here, and this is just a thought exercise. No reason for alarm, as it's just a passing thought of the "what if" flavor.

There is now a rock headed for the real estate we currently posses, or at the very least, close to it. There's a lot of open questions on this either hitting Earth or having some other interaction. (Look for the other threads, you people are smart enough to find them here on ATS.)

Now consider this: if said rock was a pretty sure bet of causing damage to some great degree, wouldn't it be likely that there would be an increased police presence? Wouldn't part time police be called up, and made aware of the patrol area? Wouldn't "they" want extra cops on hand and ready to work at a moments notice, or even on patrol during such an event?

We're all aware of just how scared the PTB are of a public panic. It would seem reasonable that even if this event were just a possibility, "they" would want to be ready to contain things should it really happen. Any group in power likes having a cop on every corner when things go sour.

And the "boys in blue" on the ground would have no more information than the average Joe, at least till the last minute. That way, if nothing happened, there would be no need for explanations even to them. They would be told how they have just upgraded their training, blah, blah, blah.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
small town of 4,000+

police patrols increased from 2 cars to 3 cars (1 officer per car)

schedule has changed: usually they work 4 on and 3 off then 3 on and 4 off.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Nobody is off, which
means each patrol will have 6 officers where normally is 2-3. That's
a 100% increase.

The County Sheriff has enacted ALL part-timers (reserves) to report
for active duty next week during the same time. But I don't know
their schedule. County has 12 reserve officers with 26 full timers which is
a 46% increase. They'd probably put more out there if they have them.
They also have 2 job postings in the local paper looking for officers.

I would say that's room for concern.

What are they not telling us ???

I mean it could get quite chaotic when people go outside and
look up and see this big ole rock they never seen before.
I assume they expect lots of scared folks.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Definitely an increased presence in here in southern California too, both city police and Sheriff. I also just posted a thread about seeing a lot of black unmarked helicopters etc in the area too.

There was also a mystery "phone company"(not ATT&T who is the provider here) working on the lines in my neighborhood about 4 months ago at between 2:30-3 am one night that I just happened to witness. I wasn't alone when I saw it and we noticed how visibly "tense" the guys where, including scanning the area with flash lights too(not the pole they where up on at all). One guy I personal saw look a bit taken back/startled when he finally noticed us standing there to(about 80 yards away).

That might not be 100% related, but might be in some way, even if it's the "good ol'" patriot act at work for us here in the US...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Not sure if this is significant but I live in a Culdesac(SP?) and i have seen 4-5 cop cars pass by the house after i got out of school.

By the way the state i am in is NJ

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have seen more cop cars lately also in Cleveland, OH. Couple days ago as I was driving to my store there were 4 cop cars parked at the end of my street talking to each other out their windows. Yesterday I saw 3 cop cars a few streets down doing the same thing. Haven't heard of anything happening in my neighborhood so don't really know why they are hanging around in multiples.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
While no one will believe me I will state that in my department there has been no increase in activity, no special messages regarding a nationwide ramp up.

We did just get off a large drunk driving campaign which did put additional officers on the road doing DUI details. This was possible by state grants put aside for such things at different times of the year.

Throughout the course of the year we get these funds specifically to fund DUI patrols which puts extra officers on the road.

We also get funds for things like seat belt enforcement details as well.

So while you might see a sudden increase in your area more than likely your town has received state or federal funds to enforce something specific.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

Can I ask if there has been any push to upgrade training of part time officers? Does your department have a "sudden" need/desire to have "ride alongs" out with you? In observing those around you, is there any increase in the department heads to increase hours?

In other words, have you seen any indication of behavior that is out of the ordinary?

As a final question, what part of the world are you located in?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
LOL ... maybe this will lighten up this topic a lil ....

Operation: Sleep-Over

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I live in the Northeast United States. There has been nothing unusual at all. No increase in training, no new equipment, no dept heads adding or working more hours. Its been pretty status quo. Which has me scratching my head as to this thread.

There have been times when things have changed based on specific threat but there has not been anything on the radar for quite some time.

And when I say specific threat I mean possible terroristic activity, not the ramp up to the NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join