It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2500-year-old advanced civilization found in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The discovery consisted of formidable walls, some stretching for 500 meters-traces of a large city with an area of several square kilometers.

Other findings included Scythian burial mounds, eroded by waves over the centuries, and numerous well preserved artifacts-bronze battleaxes, arrowheads, self-sharpening daggers, objects discarded by smiths, casting molds, and a faceted gold bar, which was a monetary unit of the time.

All these discoveries suggest that the ancient city was a metropolis in its time.

Some artifacts are in fact so stunning that they point towards an advanced civilization.

For example, a 2,500 year-old ritual bronze cauldron was found on the bottom of the lake. The subtlety of its craftsmanship is amazing. Such excellent quality of joining details together can only be obtained presently by metalwork in an inert gas.

www.megalithic.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It goes on to say that the archeologists have found clues that many religions where practiced in the city - such as Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
interesting to note that it is the second largest crater lake in the world, and I found this on it also:

The lake we are heading towards is called Issyk -- meaning hot -- due to the fact that even in winter, the water here does not freeze. The lake boasts both salty and clear water. Despite the cold, snowy mountaintops that surround it, Lake Issyk-Kul remains stubbornly hot.

todayszaman.com

[Mod Edit: Link format - Jak]

[edit on 20/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign.psychosis
It goes on to say that the archeologists have found clues that many religions where practiced in the city - such as Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam...

Christianity and Islam are both less than 2500 year old. Some other parts of the articles seem odd to me, if it's just being studied how do they already know how the currency system works?
In any case, i think someone else has already posted this.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Originally posted by benign.psychosis

Christianity and Islam are both less than 2500 year old.

I think what you mean to say is that we believe that they are less than 2500 old.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I would be interesting to know what evidence they have of all these religons passing through, as the main peice of dating evidence they have is the ritualistic cauldron, well at least that they're mentioning.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
exactly what was "advanced" about this place??

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

Islam was started and dated at 632 AD. Christianity was started roughly 2000 years ago, though this date is supposed to be off by ten or so years, might be more, but not much more than one hundred. As for self sharpening knives, looking around the only place I can find them is in catalog's.
So, apparently religions that were not around at the time set up shop and left behind artifacts of their existence at least four hundred years before they exist.
So, I'm skeptical. Call it having a closed mind, but I'm pretty sure in this case.
On a side note, most of the sites I've looked at state the ruins are actually Middle Age ruins, or fail to mention Christian or Islam artifacts.

Edit: Dang my grammar bites... ^^;

[edit on 20-1-2008 by RuneSpider]

Second Edit: Link to other thread, same topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-1-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well what it can be is that the oldest remains are 2500 years old. Xiongnu may have founded this?

Considering nestorian christianity has been found in central asia quite early it can be a city that has existed from 2500 years ago till around 1000 ad. Considering the turkic people around then started to get islamic.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The title of the thread is wildly misleading. That lake, where the alleged discovery took place, is located in Kyrgyzstan and has nothing to do with Russia. It's quite close to China, in fact.

top topics

join