It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House study finds 473 days of e-mail "gone"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

White House study finds 473 days of e-mail "gone"

www.washingtonpost.com

The 2005 study -- whose credibility the White House attacked this week -- identified 473 separate days in which no electronic messages were stored for one or more White House offices, said House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.).

Waxman said he decided to release the summary after White House spokesman Tony Fratto said yesterday that there is "no evidence" that any White House e-mails from those years are missing. Fratto's assertion "seems to be an unsubstantiated statement that has no relation to the facts they have shared with us," Waxman said.

The competing claims were the latest salvos in an escalating dispute over whether the Bush administration has complied with long-standing statutory requirements to preserve official White House records -- including those reflecting potentially sensitive policy discussions -- for history and in case of any future legal demands

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Haha...I doubt anyone will be surprised by this. More of the same old, old same old. Things have a way of disappearing on a regular basis with this admin.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At least they are greener now. No more trees killed to make the paper traditionally used for messages and no industrial sized shredders being fed by frantic staffers in the middle of the night

Seriously though, this is a big issue. These are public employees, using publically paid for and owned Pc's and infrastructure and it's always been a given that these are public records. Sure, they are not the only politicos to make records disappear but to do it so blatantly just shows a complete disregard for the citizens once again.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
They must've learned well from the Clinton administration

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tsEnigma

Well, they certainly didn't learn it from Nixon's administration (except for those twenty minutes).

Despicable. GW Bush just becomes increasingly more grotesque.

F

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
as if a lack of oversight wasent allready a problem with this adminestration they destroy all the email record of the time period of there most well known crimes, plames outing emails, those attornys who were fired by gonzoles, domestic spying. all of it gone. i hope someone will be held accountable for this.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

I won't be holding my breath to that. So far this admin has gotten away with breaking just about every law we have written in the books, and no one has done anything about it. When you have the supreme court stacked, and a cowardly congress, it doesn't bode well for any type of accountability.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey DimensionalDetective,

Wasn't there a huge deal about all the emails a few years ago? Could this be the ones that were discussed?

I can't remember if it was 2006 or 2005 (or even 2007), but the White House had a bunch of emails they were talking about releasing to the public that never made it.

White House email controversy

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yep, I think you're right biggie. I think they stone-walled the investigation long enough to erase any records. Status quo for this admin.

top topics

join