It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The fact is licifer you dont have to believe, its the truth. Jesus die on a cross and die and resurrect throw the power of God. God is alive and Jesus is the son of God. Hopefully someday you will see the truth.

The fact is that the belief in christianity or Islam did do bad things. The fact we those people who did it strayed from there teaching. Cathics have kill Christian men have kill, jew and gentiles, muslem, well all religions.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
The fact is licifer you dont have to believe, its the truth. Jesus die on a cross and die and resurrect throw the power of God. God is alive and Jesus is the son of God. Hopefully someday you will see the truth.

The fact is that the belief in christianity or Islam did do bad things. The fact we those people who did it strayed from there teaching. Cathics have kill Christian men have kill, jew and gentiles, muslem, well all religions.

How do you know that Jesus died on a cross and resurrected? You weren't there I assume so how can you make such a grand statment and claim it to be true?

[edit on 1/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Same as any other statement. How do we know Buddha lived? (he did you know!) How do we know the events of the Mahabharata are true? (they are you know!). How do we know Osiris was a real individual? (he was ya know!)

Ancient history is not a lie.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm leaving this thread

Undo, I highly respect you research

Lou, I respect your ability to think and reason

But this thread has degenerated into bickering

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
I'm leaving this thread

Undo, I highly respect you research

Lou, I respect your ability to think and reason

But this thread has degenerated into bickering

Cool see Ya!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

How do you know that Jesus died on a cross and resurrected? You weren't there I assume so how can you make such a grand statment and claim it to be true?

[edit on 1/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

Everyone gets resurrected after they die.

You'll be resurrected after you die too.

There's another type of resurrection that happens well you're still alive just like there's two diffrent meanings to dead in the bible.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

God is out there

I wish someone would go to wherever he is and wake him up then help him find his way over to this little blue planet we live on with more than 20,000 nuclear bombs ready to go off in less than 30 minutes...tell this God he's needed here ASAP!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

[edit on 1/28/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All religions ask sacrifices. But how many ask for them now other than fund raisers. Who cares a test of faith. _javascript:icon('
')
_javascript

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Are we sure that Jah or Jehovah really cares what we think? We may be codependent but I can assure you that God is not! We do not have to like what he does. But we do have the choice as to which team we want to be a part of.

It was a very difficult thing for me to accept that Jehovah can have an apparent dark side to him. I do not have to accept it, but I can accept the fact that there is a lot about God and the Game he is part of, that I may have a hard time understanding.

Will He change for me? LOL. Who has to change their viewpoint...me! What about him do I need to understand? He is the only game in town, regardless if I like or dislike his methods.

Is there a game that has been suppressed from mankind for millenniums? Let's talk. If interested go to my website; www.michelelyon.com.

Matrix Prophet

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

I think Religions are only as violent as the people who interpret it. Like I've said before the spiritual prophets or accounts in the bilbe don't preach violence, or I have no knowledge of it. It seems obvious the atrocities mentioned in the bible all could be explained as natural acts. I don't believe nature is evil I consider it balanced and in synch with bible teachings.

Mankind holds the only physical manifestation of evil. I'm in no way religiously motivated to say that, these are observations I have experienced in my time being on earth.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFerHow do you know that Jesus died on a cross and resurrected? You weren't there I assume so how can you make such a grand statment and claim it to be true?

Its called faith. Faith in the one who showed me he out there. Believe in the one who give life. Life is a big gamable man, life after death is not something you wont to play with. By the way it not such a grand statement as for its the truth. And it was told to you thousands of years ago. And the truth still is here and wont leave cuz you date him. God and Christ will be here tomorrow and today. And you cant stop the truth.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I wish someone would go to wherever he is and wake him up then help him find his way over to this little blue planet we live on with more than 20,000 nuclear bombs ready to go off in less than 30 minutes...tell this God he's needed here ASAP!

If you knew God with real proof. Do you think your sins would be so eaily forgivein be happen that faith is what can save your, for in faith God can forgive sin like a title waive.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lucifer non of your agruments or videos disproof God or Jesus. In fact I dont see those videos helping your agruments that much. If you want to say religion is poison. Your right. Is going to a church bad, yes it can be. Christian religion now in days CAN be bad. For they'll teach what there religion teaches over the bible. But every religion out there is corrupt. And in following God and Christ remember the bible is the word of God.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Hells yes!
I agree with you man.

I don't have much to contribute, except my agreement and approval.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

humainism.blogspot.com...

BUDDHA'S WORDS OF WISDOM.
The second component of Humāinism is Clarity. A good dictionary definition of Clarity is "Lucidity, Clearness of thought." In other words, a clear, sharp and well reasoned mind.

The Buddha once said, "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." This is not meant to be taken exactly literally. We do not actually make the physical world, for the universe objectively exists regardless of our thoughts about it. However, we do create our human world; i.e. our societies and cultures, with our collective thoughts. It is within this human world that we interact most meaningfully. Thus, the Buddha meant that we do not make the physical world itself with our thoughts, but rather we make our impressions of the real world, and with these impressions we create our own human world, for better or for worse.

Our opinions and impressions of the world are formed by our thoughts, and that in turn dictates our attitude toward everything in the world. If we see the world as hostile, then we will likely act with preemptive hostility towards it, contributing to the overall enmity in the world. Thus, a hostile outlook becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Hate begets hate. Anger, more anger. If we think the world is irrational and violent, we see it through this lens, and the world will almost always seem irrational and violent to us, even when it is not. Echoing Buddha centuries later, though he probably never encountered the Buddha's teachings, the Roman emperor and Stoic philosopher Marcus Aurelius said, "The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."

Clarity means careful reasoning to discern what is likely true about the world and what is likely not true about it. Using reason and evidence wisely, we avoid the false impressions that cause humanity so much trouble and misunderstandings. Look at all things carefully, with critical reason and logic. Weigh and evaluate everything. We must have no sacred cows because, within such incorrigible notions, absurdity finds sanctuary and atrocities find sanction. Always seek the plain, verifiable facts, and call only those things "Truth."

The Buddha went on to advise "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Not surprisingly, modern humanists also have a high regard for reason. Issac Asimov who wrote, "Humanists recognize that it is only when people feel free to think for themselves, using reason as their guide, that they are best capable of developing values that succeed in serving human interests."

Thus, we each must stubbornly seek the truth for ourselves, not what others tell us it is, nor what we want the truth to be. What we believe about the world should agree with the evidence we have about it, as illuminated by objective logic and reason, not with our prejudiced feelings and emotional desires. The wise believe what is reasonable to believe, even if the truth is unsatisfying or unpleasant to believe. The facts always speak for themselves, and the wise always listen to them. Conversely, the unwise believe unquestioningly what gives them satisfaction to believe.

The act of pursuing truth in earnest is more important than actually finding it. We can probably never know the whole truth of everything, but rather only parts of the truth that make up the whole. Clarence Darrow put it well when he said, "Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coattails."

Never think you can possess the truth, for as soon as you do, it is no longer the truth, but your truth. Those who claim to know the whole truth, or worse yet, the only truth, should be regarding with a wary eye, for they have already corrupted their truth by attaching themselves to it. Thinking they already have the truth, they will look no further for it, and whatever notion they possess which might have once been a gleam of genuine insight will first stagnate into dogma, then degenerate into repression.

It is better to keep your mind open in wonder than closed in belief. Be comfortable with honestly saying "I don't know", even to the most important questions. As Voltaire said, "Doubt may be an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is ridiculous." The human desire for certainty is a strong one and it is a snare that can entrap the child in any one of us, if we are not careful. Be your own judge. Don't credulously take the word of others, even if what they say is music to your ears. Truth, real truth, has nothing to fear from doubt or honest inquiry. Neither should we.

slymattb : You believe the Bible to be the word of God, but you only have your own faith to go on and no proof to backup your claim. You can't tell someone that something is true, unless you have hard evidence to back it up. In the case of the Bible there isn't any to prove it's the word of God or that this God you speak of is all loving and benevolent. Using one's own reasoning and common sense, most who are honest would come to a different conclusion.

The GOD mentioned in the Bible has committed many acts of evil and therefore cannot possibly be the same benevolent GOD that some of us believe in and also have faith in. One need only read the Bible with an open & honest mind to see that.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFerHow do you know that Jesus died on a cross and resurrected? You weren't there I assume so how can you make such a grand statment and claim it to be true?

Its called faith. Faith in the one who showed me he out there. Believe in the one who give life. Life is a big gamable man, life after death is not something you wont to play with. By the way it not such a grand statement as for its the truth. And it was told to you thousands of years ago. And the truth still is here and wont leave cuz you date him. God and Christ will be here tomorrow and today. And you cant stop the truth.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by slymattb]

No I'm sorry but that is called ignorance!!!! You are just a believer, we have to many that think like you do. People need to stop believeing and find out what is really going on. You are missinformed and have no true basis for your so called belief and one day you are going to wake up and find out you've been mislead. You have no Idea how this stuff works and you wont take the time to look into it. You are nothing more than a follower, where are the leaders? Its easy to follow with out question, because you don't have to do anything but listen to something some one else is telling you. People have gotten to lazy, they don't want to read, they don't want to research anything, they don't want to think. The result of this is what you see happening in or world today. The word Church comes from a word in scotland "Kirk" which can be traced back to Sersi, or Mother Sersi, Mother Kirk. In Greek Mythology what was Seris power? She was able to HYPNOTIZE people bring them into her home and live off them and that is exactly what Mother Sersi or Mother Church is doing today. You have been HYPNOTIZE into believeing in something that never happend and thus are being fed on because of your ignorance. Do you realize how much money (TAX FREE) that the Vatican brings in yearly and yet their is people starving all over the world. WAKE UP!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

No, God doesn't have to change because he is nothing like so many think he iis... God is love, that's all. Anything, including the OT, that is contrary to that is false...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Lucifer non of your agruments or videos disproof God or Jesus. In fact I dont see those videos helping your agruments that much. If you want to say religion is poison. Your right. Is going to a church bad, yes it can be. Christian religion now in days CAN be bad. For they'll teach what there religion teaches over the bible. But every religion out there is corrupt. And in following God and Christ remember the bible is the word of God.

What are you talking about, I never said anything about disproving God or Jesus!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join