It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

My main point being that the churches drum into people every sunday that God is superior to them so God is the first thing people are going to blame. Im not saying they should and people are responsible for their own actions but not one church I know promotes an even balance.

Ministers never give people a reason to do good works in God's name because they are fixated on making people feel worthless compared to him, with the 'Hes the ultimate' attitude that is so common to hear.

Thats my arguing point, the churches give God an almighty domineering view where it should be even, 'we need God to help us and God needs us to do his works through'.

Isnt that more supportive and inspiring than 'we don't compare to him, he is ultimate and he is superior? Thats not uplifting, thats bordering on a tyrannical view and Im sure thats not what God wants his people to think of him as.

We are the servants and he is the superior one, how in the world is that inspiring or uplifting, the truth is it isn't because there is no balance.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drakiir
reply to post by miriam0566

My main point being that the churches drum into people every sunday that God is superior to them so God is the first thing people are going to blame. Im not saying they should and people are responsible for their own actions but not one church I know promotes an even balance.

Ministers never give people a reason to do good works in God's name because they are fixated on making people feel worthless compared to him, with the 'Hes the ultimate' attitude that is so common to hear.

Thats my arguing point, the churches give God an almighty domineering view where it should be even, 'we need God to help us and God needs us to do his works through'.

Isnt that more supportive and inspiring than 'we don't compare to him, he is ultimate and he is superior? Thats not uplifting, thats bordering on a tyrannical view and Im sure thats not what God wants his people to think of him as.

We are the servants and he is the superior one, how in the world is that inspiring or uplifting, the truth is it isn't because there is no balance.

i understand what you are saying but it has little to do with blame.

it´s like your saying an ant is equal to a human. you can argue the point all day long but in the end, a human IS superior both in physical strength and intelligence.

God IS superior... in every way. we are not equal. he created the universe (something we can never hope to do). God DOESNT need us, he created us because he WANTED to.

but this has nothing to do with blame.

you cant eradicate the possibility of evil and have free will at the same time. they are mutually exclusive systems.

god gave us the gift of free will. more than an illusion. actual free will. thinking that is not controlled by god. wickedness is proof of that.

but is the wickedness god´s fault? i know you dont personally think so, but alot of people on this forum do.

god told adam and eve not to eat a piece of fruit. he told us to love each other.

fact is, that if adam and eve hadnt chosen to rebel, and we (you, me, the whole world) obeyed the command to love, the world wouldnt just be alittle different, i would venture to say that it would be completely different.

wickedness and suffering is our fault. plain and simple

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkweave
Yeah, what are your beliefs? Whats your ideas on where our existence sprang from? Enlighten us, those who follow a creator and the others that drift on a sea of ideas without ever hitting a particular shore of firm ground to place their feet on.

Agreed Darkweave, this lucifer poster sounds like he'd be more at home with old nick and his cronies the way he continually attacks and criticises. Probably has more sympathy for that bunch truth be told.

How many more times must it be put to this guy before he understands the ways?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"Isaiah Chapter 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things. [P]"

The prophecies you quoted, came true and both Israel/Judah was destroyed and taken captivity and lead into other nations, just like their prophets warned. What you quoted was the warnings the prophets were to reveal to the 2 kingdoms before it actually happened.

The ancient prophets also fortold that Israel would once again be established, which it did 2000 years later (after WW2) strangely enough. It came true, we are living in the time where it came true. That we can't fake.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As imperfect humans we would need the contrast between good and evil. Evil fits a huge aspect of the Universal Plan. Doing an evil act is different than actually being evil. It is an important part of Jah that needs to be understood.

As long as man is as sick and dysfunctional as he is - we need the comparison between the both to make healthier judgments. Also, man will label as evil, that which does not conform to our romantic beliefs. What God considers housecleaning may to us - appear cruel!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i dont think any of you guys know what tough love truly is and i cant tell you exactly what it is either for certain reasons, what i can tell you is that it is good but some might see it as evil because it causes change which most people dont want, they like being in there secure box that they are used to living in

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
Does this sound like a real loving God?
So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee: and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee: and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the Lord have spoken it. (Ezekiel 5:17)

I am the Lord and there is none else. I form the light and create the darkness, I make peace and create evil, I, the Lord, do all these things. (Book of Isaiah)

Then shall ye know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savor to all their idols... So will I stetch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate... and they shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 6:13-14)

For behold, the Lord will come with fire, and his chariots, like the whirlwind, to render his anger with fury...(Isaiah 1 6:15)

...and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord and by His fierce anger. (jeremiah 4:26)

Woe unto us! Who sahll deliver us out of the land of these almighty Gods? These are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all manner of plagues in the wilderness. (Samuel 4:8)

From Author Jack Barranger:
"We have been led to believe that the entity that the Old Testament describes as a MASS MURDERER and HEINOUS leader is the God of the Universe. We have been led to think that the slaughter of human beings in the name of God is a divine act.

From Scholar and Genius, Ignatius Donnelly:
"It sounds like a cry not of a man but of a race, a great, religious, civilized race, who could not understand how God could so cruelly visit the world.

If a parent in this day and age were to do half of what God is doing in the Bible to their own children, they would be locked up for life or sentenced to death. But the religions of the world want you to believe that its ok if God does it..........Come on people when are we going to wake up?

Well I have some video of some insanely DARK and SCARY clouds that coulda wiped
out my entire neighborhood but didn't. I've been wanting to make a video of these things but man, they are scary. So instead, I will show the celestial side to our Lord.

Check it:

www.youtube.com...

You better believe our Lord is capable of being anything it wants.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
my sister (who is a proudly self proclaimed born again christian but has an "open" mind and a heart so full of love that i have come to respect her input on such subjects) and i were discussing this very thing. i am fine w/ putting my trust in the message of jesus and others who have taught the same message. i was raised on the bible and thus have a very hard time seperating my identity from it.

truth is though, i have read the old testament and came to the conclusion that if this IS the God of the universe, i don't trust him..... but i don't trust him any more than i trust Allah (spelling?) or any other being that is called to be the God of the universe. i can't judge whether HE was right or not in allowing the armies of "old israel" dispose of thousands of seemingly innocent ppl whose only crime (as far as we are enlightened by the bible) was not being born jew. well, i can't judge it from HIS perspective. i can only judge it from the subjectiveness of how i view the world and it seems WRONG and what i read of this God from the book that he supposedly inspired seems very contradictive and not worthy of trust. BUT i am not so prideful and will admit ademently that i do not have the ability to see the WHOLE picture as seen outside of time.

however, i trust that in the end, all will be as it should be. why? I DON'T KNOW lol and am aware this could be a feeble attempt to grasp at hope in a seemingless hopeless world. i would not dare fault others for trusting this God or any other God. i am here on the same plane as you all. to call him evil seems a relative and pointless call in my opinion, and i certainly don't discount the truths of the bible because of those accounts... just as i don't discount the truth in ANY religion.

to say that we know which God is the true God seems, to me anyway, to be an arrogant way for someone to approach life, but that is a personal call for each individual to make and i respect that. if you discount a genuinly good person bc of the flaws in their religion, then again IMO, you have missed the point of true spirituality.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I devised this definition for evil in September of 2005. It's a combination of two things: 1. It is the rejection of the truth. 2. It is trying to replace the truth with a lie.

Do I think mass murder is Evil? No, its not evil. It is often a violation of the law and if you ever are able to get God to stand trial in your world, you can put him on trial and sentence him to death. But you don't have a world, do you? It was burned to the ground, wasn't it?

I guess he could walk right up to you and turn himself in, like Jesus did, and you could do your thing. Take him out. But we know how that worked out.

Lets say that all your quotes are correctly stated. He told you exactly what he did and why. He didn't say, "Its not my fault." He didn't try and pass his own actions onto someone else. You know, like Satan does.

Satan has never stood trial for the # she has done. She always finds a way to postpone her own sentence and instead tries to get everyone to focus on the unrestrained brutality her Father has excercised in War. The brutality he told you would receive if you keep screwing around with him. Didn't God say, "If you bring that thing up here, I am going to kill it"?

You start a war with God, expect War at full strength. If and when you find yourself in a place to judge him, then judge him and execute your sentence according to your laws. But when you confront God in his might and lose, be prepared to stand trial.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

define god.
if you mean world leaders, you gotta big surprise coming your way.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Of course I don't mean world leaders. And I am not sure why you would think that.

I see in this world today an active plot to kill God. A war upon his Throne. You can't see it just by looking, you have to feel it. It is subtle but it is there. An attempt to kill God and everything and person associated with God.

I would go deeper, but its one of those topics that is easy to simply brush aside and I don't want to waste my keystrokes.

Oh, you want me to define God. Is something like that possible? I don't think so. But just a shot in the dark. God is the fully integrated reality. Consider what it would be like if you could take all human knowledge and fully integrate it and make it one. Perhaps you would see that 1. God is real. 2. God defies attempts to be defined. 3. God is in control. 4. Everything that lives a life inconsistent with him is destroyed, sometimes in the illest of manners. 5. Everything that lives a life consistent with him has everlasting life.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

oh boy, i know what you mean. you can't kill an eternal being, though. i was just pondering this while watching the dune miniseries. it dawned on me that Leto's golden path, to kill god, was a total waste of ..at least 1000 years. all he succeeded in doing was providing people with free will, something they already had but apparently didn't know it? herbert was a nihilist. maybe he thougth free will was an illusion.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

That god sounds awesome!!! As soon as I read those bible quotes, I had visions of a metal concert!!! So what if he killed a few people? He made us right? If I was God, I would've done the same thing to protect my other creations from harm. Wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Oh, you want me to define God. Is something like that possible? I don't think so. But just a shot in the dark. God is the fully integrated reality. Consider what it would be like if you could take all human knowledge and fully integrate it and make it one. Perhaps you would see that 1. God is real. 2. God defies attempts to be defined. 3. God is in control. 4. Everything that lives a life inconsistent with him is destroyed, sometimes in the illest of manners. 5. Everything that lives a life consistent with him has everlasting life.

I've seen some mammoth stuff out in space. I was thinking, if something like that came here and revealed itself to the general populace, some folks would drop dead from the shock of it. We NEED to start thinking about the immensity of the God definition. The universe is huge, beyond anything we are capable of imagining. It's outrageously huge. It's beyond comprehension but it still needs to be rolled around and pondered and mediated on and, a relationship with God seems to be the first order of magnitude! I don't want to see people so freaked that they fall over dead. What a waste of their lives and experience! We need to start thinking BIG. Small is not bad either but we're use to small. it doesn't upset the apple cart, it's familar. but wowzers, God's a whole 'nother subject and we gotta start preparing ourselves for the inevitability.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Unu, I have read many of your posts, and I respect you as an ats blogger, but have you ever considered the idea that "god" is a superstition and that false profits do indeed exist?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I read here now and then but this is the first time I felt the need to reply. We are entering an age of understanding. The true teachings of Jesus are now coming to the surface. We know he taught peace and love and put an end the the blood sacrafices....but people....think about this.

Jesus taught us how to look within and how to know a seed by its vine. We are to measure and weigh what the purest nature is so we can KNOW God and the purest nature of God. The Prime creator, Father of all created through reflections of theeself. Evil was not present in the begening. When the vessels of the pure rightous broke (the gnostic gosples are close to the story on this, about Sophia creating without her counterpart, therefor her first offspring was a spirit born without the total encompass of love). This spirit was givin a domain to rule, even a throne to sit on. Evil is a result of this chaotic mess. Our material world is a result of this, it is the only way for God to send souls through a 'winepress' (as the Bible says) to receive the harvest of what little light is left in the darkness. The God in the Old Testament is surely how the masses have been deceived. Its not about Eve eating the freaking apple! Its about us being a result of a cause and effect. God sifts through the light and dark through our eyes, through our thoughts. God needed this world to happen so no light would be lost.

We have allowed ourselves to make excuses for a God who teaches us through wrath and revenge. This is a grave failure to our Father, who is only love and knows nothing but.

What if the truest blasphemy is....to think and accept that Gods nature is something besides the purest nature of love. What if the truest blasphemy is us having churches and masses of people claiming the whole Bible as the Holy Word because it states God to justicfy killings. Why would God allow going against the commandments? Why would God, in the time of Law, show us to go against the Law? Surely the Elite and the masses have not sought within to see, this is not Gods nature.

Look around you, look at our Mother Nature. Everything has a process, everything gets reused. Our souls are like grapes going through the wine press....and if you are not familiar with the Bible, google the grapes, harvest and wine press. Gods works are woven in between the surface of the Bible. Truth will only be found through being humble with God and allowing God to know, you are seeking the nature of your Father. There is only love there.

I see God looking at the masses and saying....you do not know me, for I then can not know you....

Do you think God has special people? Do you think the only way sins could of been forgiven was to sacrifice animals? Animals carry the spirit of God also! You would only be damning yourself further to follow such ways. God is patient, mercy and grace. Why would Jesus, when talking about what love is, say 'love is not jealous, love is not prideful'. But yet, in the OT, God says, I am a jealous God and he is obviously full of pride.

Think about it....Jesus also taught that the Old Serpent would claim to be God! Dont think that that old serpent couldn't play such a sly trick! Dont think that God of all should be underestimated in that he needs blood and revenge. Jesus never taught those things. Search through yourself, know yourself, and you can go to God, alone, let him know you are seeking through yourself, through him.....you will see. It is time for humans to do this. It is time to sift through our nature and discover what we are truly a part of.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I agree with your way of defining God. It is like something impossiable unless you have felt the tug at your heart and somewhere deep inside that you are so loved beyound measure. I am not sure that everything in the Bible is accrate but I do believe that the one true message is the same today as it was thousands of years ago. Christ is the living son of The Father and it is through Jesus we see GOD and his love and his grace that he wants to give us if only we would take it. It is because of the gift that Jesus gave on the cross that we have hope in a life ever after. And I for one, believe and feel in my spirit that this is to be true. I do not mend to preach or sound condeming because I condeam no one. But I do encourage taking some quiet time and LISTEN to your SPIRIT and what it is trying to tell you.
Enigma Publius

I've seen some mammoth stuff out in space. I was thinking, if something like that came here and revealed itself to the general populace, some folks would drop dead from the shock of it. We NEED to start thinking about the immensity of the God definition. The universe is huge, beyond anything we are capable of imagining. It's outrageously huge. It's beyond comprehension but it still needs to be rolled around and pondered and mediated on and, a relationship with God seems to be the first order of magnitude! I don't want to see people so freaked that they fall over dead. What a waste of their lives and experience! We need to start thinking BIG. Small is not bad either but we're use to small. it doesn't upset the apple cart, it's familar. but wowzers, God's a whole 'nother subject and we gotta start preparing ourselves for the inevitability.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Everyone be quiet and listen. If you seriously believe that the "god" in the old testament, and the new testament is the CREATOR all in existance...you are under mind delusion! I lived in mind delusion for a very long time, but as my mind began to become free of the chains that the bible put on it, I began to realize I was believing in a lie. Whoever the character in the bible is, the one who claims to be God, he most certainly is NOT the creator. I don't think people come close to knowing who or what the creator is until they die. Even then, who is to say we will find out after death? All things aside, you cannot argue with the DISCUSTING acts and decrees executed by "god" in the bible. If you simply quote the things that were done by god, that were not just punishments but punishments for things that DO NOT deserve death...then you will REJECT your belief in such a character. I know I have and i have freed my mind.

God's decrees and executions:

STONINGS

Exodus 19:9 - "And the LORD said..."
19:12 "...whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death
19:13 "... he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man,
it shall not live..."

Exodus 20:22 "And the LORD said..."
21:29 "the ox shall be stoned, and his owner shall be put to death."

Numbers 15:35 "And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall surely be put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp"

PUT TO DEATH

Exodus 21:17 "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death"

Exodus 20:22 "And the LORD said..."
21:15 "And he that smiteth his father or mother, shall be surely put to death"
22:18 "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"
22:19 "Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death"
22:20 "He that sacificeth unto any god save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed"

Exodus 31:12 "And the LORD spake..."
31:14 "Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosover doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people."

I have many more quotes. It sickens me to my stomach the more i read and quote the verses that DOCUMENT the murderous dictator called "god" in teh bible. I do not love this character. If I ever saw him I would kill him myself. He does not deserve any praise or worship, he deserves DEATH due to the amount of suffering he has caused this world. More than likely he is already dead and died a long time ago, that is if this character is a flesh and blood being.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Whoever falls for the deception that Jesus's death on the cross covers them from something is SICK. Please wake up people. You do not put the blame on other people for YOUR wrong doing. If you do something wrong, you deserve punishment for it, NOT someone else. And for someone to accept someone dieing on their behalf as okay is a horrible person. Either you are horrible or you simply are not smart enough to realize that such a belief is illogical and unethical.

Love is all the matters, nothing more.
Stop letting someone else get punished or die for what you have done. Forgive yourself and forgive others, LOVE each other. Don't put the blame on someone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the Anonymous ATS before my previous two postings has pretty much hit everything on the bulls eye. Right on center as some would say. Jesus taught some of the greatest principles a person can learn and incorporate into their very souls and existances. Love one another, LOVE and HATE are the two forces that exist. Which one do you allow yourself to dwell in the most? Do you dwell in Hate or in Love. Love conquers all things and Hate is a stumbling block. Love will bring you into eternal life, Hate will bring you into death. You control your life and your existance, no one else does.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join