It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition for new Consciousness Forum

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

im down for this, im always up for new topics of discussion espescialy on this particular topic iv had a few oobe that i wouldent mind talking about whether it was oobe or astral projection im unsure because ive only looked in to it a lil , it was never done purposly and the few methods if gatherd for doing it has not worked for me . so yes this is very intresting to me and would love to discuss it with some people who have done better research in to it.

good call biggie

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hi Biggie Smalls,

In response to your posted link in my profile, sure...I'm supportive of a new Consciousness Forum.

If it hasn't been mentioned already, this would also entail monitoring brainwave activity:

Beta - Waking State
Alpha - Light Meditation/Light Hypnosis
Theta - Deep Meditation/Deep Hypnosis
Delta - Comatose/Near Death

As far as using illegal substances is concerned, I don't condone it. Especially since there are so many legal ways to alter one's consciousness, i.e., to produce an altered state. For example, even just staying up all night can produce an altered state that can make one receptive to visions. Then there is the simple act of twirling around to produce an altered state, also referred to as "religious ecstasy" - like the Whirling Dervishes in Turkey.

The whirling dance that is proverbially associated with dervishes, is the practice of the Mevlevi Order in Turkey, and is just one of the physical methods used to try to reach religious ecstasy

Source

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Any ideas on how to get this project moving forward? I think we're all open for suggestions.

At this time I'd like to propose a title and definition to be debated upon by everyone.

Proposed Title:

Investigations in Consciousness (Maybe another word for investigation? That's all I could come up with right now)

Proposed Topics and Definition: Investigations in Consciousness will cover a wide range of areas. The main focus will be on human perception of reality from a metaphysical, spiritual, and psychological standpoint. We will be looking at different worldviews and how each affect the local and respective populations.

We will also cover the depth of human interaction with each other as well as the non-material world.

Experience with meditation, chanting, drumming, brain wave scanning and/or manipulation, general altered states of being, out of body experiences, contact with beings not of this plane (This is not UFO contact, but of a purely metaphysical nature- unless otherwise requested), prayer, alternative healing, among others will be the general criterion for this forum.

Anything that is not covered under 'Para' normal will be considered fair game.

How does that sound as a rough draft? Input is greatly appreciated.

G

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I just searched on ats for the threads that have been tagged with the word 'consciousness' to see what kind of topics have been covered.

Here's a few to help us consider what we should be talking about:

War on Consciousness

Welcome to the Noosphere

Universal Consciousness

Consciousness Research

Create a thought form

Positive Thinking Study

Light and Consciousness

Speed of Consciousness?

What is your soul?

The worldwide web is evolving into its new phase

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You Have my vote as well,

Most likely be the first forum i check out when i long on.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Nice work smallie bigs. We see how our topic is fragmented to three different forums (skunk works, paranormal, faith/spirituality)...which warrants a forum of its own.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Proposed Title:

Investigations in Consciousness (Maybe another word for investigation? That's all I could come up with right now)

I'd like to see it have some kind of catchy title besides simply "Consciousness", although I can see why some didn't like "Quantum Consciousness"....

Hmmm, what about "MindWorks", or something to that effect?

"High Consciousness"? "Advanced Consciousness"? "Super Consciousness"?

[edit on 19-1-2008 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
expanding understanding is the name of the game.
consciousness abounding is astoundingly not the same.

consciousness forum.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Because most other forums are simply named what they are: 9/11, Secret Societies, Paranormal, News & Media, etc.

But hey...maybe staff will take you up on your suggestion.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
great idea biggie, i think your right on the moeny with it.

good luck mate.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Proposed Title:

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
I'd like to see it have some kind of catchy title besides simply "Consciousness", although I can see why some didn't like "Quantum Consciousness"....

Hmmm, what about "MindWorks", or something to that effect?

"High Consciousness"? "Advanced Consciousness"? "Super Consciousness"?

I have a title to suggest:

Studies In Higher Consciousness & Expanded Awareness

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Look guys. These are all great titles but they are too long for an ATS-Button. Consciousness/Metaphysics should be enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Look guys. These are all great titles but they are too long for an ATS-Button.

Then maybe we could go without a button and just have a title link.

Or perhaps just Studies In Higher Consciousness.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Consciousness/Metaphysics should be enough.

Consciousness entails everything from The Law of Attraction/Vibration to God Realization, while metaphysics entails everything from UFOs and extraterrestrials to near death experiences and cosmology

Both of those are simply too generic, too general, and not specific enough for the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

If I may specify:

I resist the term "Studies" because we already have a research forum entitled "Consciousness Studies".

I resist the term "Higher" because it causes an unecessesary duality/split to "lower". (See my signature).

But, you have casted your vote and maybe the staff in charge of our new forum will agree.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Flagged and starred. This topic shouldn't be in Paranormal Studies....

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There is no question this topic would be flooded with 'new' thoughts on the nature of conciousness, as well as, some so-called out their views but, I don't really see it as paranormal just not accepted as normal at this time. The idea of such a forum would benefit many and reinvigorate discusion , as well as, focus on this presetly diffuse area. Great idea.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by polanksi]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I found a link to the request. The same request was also sent to staff by email about 2 months ago pluse re-posted in the Business Section.

New Forum Request

I would assume that by now, with this petition, the staff are aware of our request already.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
May I suggest the all encompassing Philosophy as a title for this new forum.

philosophy (fĭ-lŏs'ə-fē)

1-Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline.
2-Investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods.
3-A system of thought based on or involving such inquiry: the philosophy of Hume.
4-The critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs.
5-The disciplines presented in university curriculums of science and the liberal arts, except medicine, law, and theology.
6-The discipline comprising logic, ethics, aesthetics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
7-A set of ideas or beliefs relating to a particular field or activity; an underlying theory: an original philosophy of advertising.
8-A system of values by which one lives: has an unusual philosophy of life.

And I do like Metaphysics too.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by 11one11]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Count me in!

I would probably be less pesky in the other forums, especially the religion/faith ones in both ATS and PTS; which are so far the only forums which seem to best fit the things I both experience and discuss!

(An idea that most certainly appeal to the Christians in whose side I am surely a persistent unwanted THORN).

This would be the perfect venue to discuss personal experiences without having to argue for their validity with others - hopefully, that is. Such a possible diversion in a thread with a mostly subjective (rather than factually 'provable,' aka objective) topic is, more often than not, the reason I don't contribute much at all. I have a lot to contribute but debate is only applicable in certain subjects and I don't like to debate when it is both pointless and circular; not to mention the likely possibility it will degrade into 5th grade behavior. Which of course is also a major deterrent for many of us!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join