learn more

Petition for new Consciousness Forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Most of your suggestions are already being discussed in Skunk Works. Thats what skunk works was for....including Mind Control.

I cant speak for the others here, but some of us are thinking in the lines of a less fear-based forum and more of a mind-expansion forum in order to really facilitate some change.

If there is a dark conspiracy that rules then the last thing they would want is people who arent afraid and paranoid anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What do you think of the name Quantum Consciousness?

No, no, please, don't!
The idea is very good, and I support it, absolutely.

But the term Quantum has been SO abused lately (well, for quite a while now) that it would actually REPEL some members of the public.
(I know I'd be tempted to roll my eyes before entering such a forum - unjustly so, perhaps, but that's what would happen.)

Also, it doesn't really apply.

Why not call it simply CONSCIOUSNESS?
It's clear and concise, and it gives the impression of truly scientific open-mindedness.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by CavemanDD

Now if only everyone could do this...

I smiled until I read this statement. Do you know why?

Because there is no spoon?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

No, because thats the statement with which religion and missionizing starts.

But I know Caveman didnt mean it that way.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
While I agree that a consciousness forum would be a great idea, there is perhaps better ways to satisfy a need for consciousness discussion.

There are surely existing forums engaged in all aspects of consciousness.

With that said, I believe that anyone who wants this will have it. Many of you already know how to use consciousness to create anything you desire.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is a topic of great interest to me. I support it 100%.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ha yeah, well, you know what I mean skyfloating. I know everyone is capable of everything of course.

Hey guys, maybe we are going about this the wrong way... Lets use power of attraction!

Ok skyfloating tell us how to get this forum.. Should I write down on a piece of paper "I HAVE..a conciousness forum on ATS"?

ok lets get serious, i dont want this to turn to crap. But I was kinda serious, maybe we SHOULD use power of attraction
. Well just talking about it and wanting it is already doing it, right?

THIS WILL HAPPEN.

We have the ability to shape our being and our reality without limitation I believe.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by CavemanDD]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
For me, consciousness goes beyond the mind, it is more of the intrinsic essence of our core, our being beyond the physical.

As we move deeper into the new paradigm it will be of great value to understand the basics of self mastery.

The student must at some point graduate and we are all standing on the podium now with our hats in our hands.

I was crying just today because of the state of our global consciousness. I feel so deeply the desire to rise above the mundane, mediocre, the luke warm and to ignite the higher flames of our shared possibilities, our birthrite.

Biggie this is one of those quantum steps toward our level One Society. Now play with this thread yet let the desire go.

You have picked an interesting time to propose this!

You know I am supporting you and the idea of a pure consciousness forum, it is needed to maintain balance..

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I want to clarify that nothing it set in stone and the material discussed in the possible new forum is open for any ideas.

Thank you all for the responses.

Your voice is appreciated.

I have spoken to a moderator on the subject, but am waiting for an official response.

Arawn,

Perhaps I misworded my statement about the aforementioned activities as being normal.

They are possible by everyone who opens themselves up to the possibilities of true reality.

I hope I didn't seem like I was attacking you, because I was not. I apologize if there was some confusion.

Thank you for voicing your opinion, and again I am sorry if it was perceived as a threat.

Buck Division,

All of the above would be included under the heading 'consciousness' if this forum goes forward.

The research forum is not read-only, however you must be part of a research project in order to post there. I do not believe any material posted there will be removed.

Dae,

Great ideas! Keep them coming.

That's the kind of discussion we need to be having.

However, I do not think consciousness stems from the mind, although it is channeled through the brain.

Vanitas,

I agree quantum consciousness would probably imply a forum that does not deal with all levels of consciousness.

We need to stick to the basics for now

Vipassana,

Other avenues on this forum have not exclusively covered this topic. I feel a forum devoted to the research of this activity would lead it to more credibility and expand all participants' awareness (and/or consciousness
).

Caveman,

Relax man
. We'll figure this out with the help of the moderating staff. Be patient

antar,

I am glad this struck a chord with you.

This is a process of self discovery, and everyone should be involved in this. The research forum is limited to scholars only, and I feel that this topic needs to be discussed by all who are willing and open.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I support the idea. Do you think this will buffer our discussions from becoming inundated with the naysayers calling it "crap" and demanding proof? I respect skepticism, but when people are trying to just talk about something and exchange ideas we dont need such interruptions.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I would say yes, but again this would have to be decided as a whole.

However, we are not limiting ourselves to the mind. Our brain is not the creator of consciousness, merely a container (in my opinion).

So yes, we would be discussing such topics.

reply to post by raven bombshell

I would think there are always going to be people in denial of reality. I see it in everyday life, what makes ATS any different? (Although the average ATS member probably scores 30 IQ points higher than the average person however irrelevant that may be)

There will always be skeptics, and I agree, its quite healthy and only allows for interesting discussion.

Will there be disruptions? I'm sure. The 9/11 forum is constantly attacked, but perhaps that is a little bit more controversial? I don't know.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It seems there is significant support for the creation of such a forum.

Now, let's get down to cementing the definition and content of 'consciousness' or whatever we would like to call it.

Any ideas are welcome.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

One of the things that makes it so interesting, is that many people have different ideas about what consciousness really is. Cementing the forum as "spiritual" or "quantum" and what not, may not be the best idea. The forum should be open to anything that deals with the multi-faceted depths of our minds.

Too strict a defintion, and we risk having our threads exported into BTS again.

[edit on 2008/1/17 by SteveR]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Great Steve, that's what I'm talking about!

Even the wording I used was wrong (cement).

Nothing about this field is for certain. That's the beauty of it.

We have to be able to shift and change as need be.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree that it should be kept general "consciousness" and then we can freely explore the philosophical, spiritual, scientific, physiological, chemical, etc., etc.

Or is there some requirement that we narrow it down?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I just thought "Quantum Consciousness" sounded cool

But yeah you guys are right, we shouldn't put any kind of qualifier on it like that, especially one that doesn't really mean anything

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There's two parts to this equation... one is called 'consciousness' while the other is called the 'unconscious'. The duality extends to the split brain when we consider the functions of the left side (logic) to the right (subjective).

All of this can be rolled up into one word... psychology.

Psychology is a relatively new science filled with the most radical ideas and characters imaginable. We have the Jung/Freud split as well as Ewen Cameron and MKUltra to draw on because the 20th century was the birth of psychology. It's current, it's hot and it's very controversial.

The main detractor for all of this, though, is the inevitable discussion of certain medications, whether legal or not, and how they can influence the mind. It just goes with the territory.

For serious discussions which diverge into 'mind-altering substances', the temporary home where they will be moved to is RATS (on a trial basis) while the relation of 'personal experiences via illegal drugs' will be the trash bin, as it always has been and will ever be so.

I support this idea to the degree illustrated above.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I understand the academic association with "Consciousness" studies, but at least half of us werent thinking about drugs or pure academic psychology when petitioning for the forum. We were thinking of discussions in the line of esoteric studies, metaphysics, buddhist thought, meditation, channeling, the new agey "quantum physics" interpretation and so forth.

Just saying

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

But I was kinda serious, maybe we SHOULD use power of attraction
. Well just talking about it and wanting it is already doing it, right?

Exactly. This very thread is just that.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
I support the idea. Do you think this will buffer our discussions from becoming inundated with the naysayers calling it "crap" and demanding proof? I respect skepticism, but when people are trying to just talk about something and exchange ideas we dont need such interruptions.

Without including all-that-is (all opinions too) it would neither be a discussion forum nor an open-minded, consciousness-expanding forum, would it? It would be an elitist cafe chat (nothing against that either though, but its not compatible with ATS).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join