It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition for new Consciousness Forum

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I agree that an "occult" heading would be more appropriate.

I, however, disagree that it is not paranormal. I'm not going to ask you to prove you or anyone else can perform telekinesis, telepathy, remote viewing, "energy control" etc... because the answer is you can't. If you could, you already would have. So they are definitely paranormal by definition of the word.

However, assuming your attitude is the norm of those supporting this forum, then I am opposed to it. ATS is supposed to be about asking questions. You have obviously already decided on what the answer and the truth is. As it is a forum in which A. The truth and nature of the subject matter has already been decided, and B. It can't be proven, it is assuredly a BTS subject of the religious variety. You can say it isn't a religion, but you're already talking about magic of the ESP variety.

You are fully entitled to your belief that ESP et al is real. I fully support research and discussion of the subjects of ESP and spirituality. But I don't support a forum on ATS where the truth is already decided.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

We look forward to discussing it on the new Forum

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
How are magic, remote viewing, and astral projection not paranormal? And if these are not paranormal, wht the heck is?

Well you could argue that mind, consciousness, spirituality, religion, and the "paranormal" are all closely related. You could argue that remote viewing and AP are "paranormal".

I guess my question to you is, why NOT have a forum dedicated to Mind and Consciousness?

There's already a forum for Religion, there's already a forum for Faith and Spirituality, there's already a forum for Paranormal and occult issues.... so why NOT have a dedicated forum for Mind and Consciousness?

What would be the harm? Why should those subjects be forced to be lumped in with Paranormal issues? Sure all these different issues are interrelated, that doesn't mean we should throw them all together into one forum

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Consciousness studies is within, Paranormal is phenomena outside.

Or so the lines should be drawn as such.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My apologies for not catching this earlier but these types of requests should be made via the complaint/suggestion feature or on the ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future? thread.

Thanks for understanding

Closing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join