It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Ron Paul?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am really hoping that Dr. Paul has a big Ace up his sleeve, I hope that his message and the hope that he has brought to the table do not get lost in the shuffle. He is being very quiet of late, do you think he has a plan? I am more than ready for something to happen, if Dr. Paul and Kucinich can stage a coup they might be able to save America after all. But they have to have a VERY BIG ACE up their sleeves because they are either going to get shut out of the MSN or the voting will be rigged, not good either way.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Anyone watch Colbert last night?
Did you here his description of Hillary as a demon making cry baby and then following that with "but I feel like that about Ron Paul as well"?

I like Colbert, I dont get my news from him but he makes me laugh. Many of Colberts demographics actually rely on him for news now his comment on Dr. Paul was a joke but his demographics will pick up on it and react negatively towards Dr. Paul only because Colbert said "but I feel like that about Ron Paul as well".
I was actually shocked that Dr. Pauls name was mentioned and that Colbert brought it up in such a derogatory way.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ron Paul Suppression from Diggs?

Digg Caught Red-Handed Censoring Ron Paul Stories

...For months allegations have been flying around concerning how stories about Ron Paul, which routinely receive well over a thousand diggs, rarely make it to the main page on Digg as a "popular" item.

Speculation centered around organized armies of Neo-Con bury brigades that flag each other when new Ron Paul stories emerge and bury them en masse to prevent wider exposure. The fact that hordes of trolls are stomping around Digg acting as electronic thought control police has been widely documented in the past . However, the popularity of Ron Paul is so mammoth that Digg has been forced to employ extra measures of censorship to block hundreds of stories about the Congressman from becoming viral.

It has now emerged that Digg has either directly implemented a policy to expunge Ron Paul stories from the website or that it has empowered "super-users" the influence to eliminate Paul stories with just one bury, even if the story has thousands of diggs from other users.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
reply to post by unnamedninja

seenow thats something i hadent known or heard before. so he gets no mention on the bbc as well, makes me wonder just how deep this rabbit hole acthualy goes. is he getting any coverage in any of the uk's other msm?

I was listening to the George Galloway show on TalkSport (the biggest british commercial radio station) when someone called in and asked him about Ron Paul.

His reply was emphatic and unequivocal. He said he wasn't going to talk about Ron Paul because he has no chance of ever becoming president. He went on to emphasise this point over and over, finishing with the statement, 'Mark my words, Ron Paul will NOT be president, it is a certainty' (might not be the exact words as it was a month or two ago).

Sorry if this is two pages too late btw

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, I am probably guilty of not putting the pedal to the metal on this, and finding others stories, so just to insure we establish the case here, check these out:

The censorship of Ron Paul

But, getting on to the point, several alarming things have happened in the past few days. MSNBC held a poll after the first debate, and Ron Paul did better than anyone else. The poll allowed you to cast a positive, negative, or neutral vote for each candidate. Ron Paul got the highest percentage of positive votes (38) and the lowest percentage of negative votes (26).

Positive Votes

1. Ron Paul (38%) 2. Mitt Romney (27%) 3. Rudy Giuliani (24%) 4. John McCain (19%) 5. Mike Huckabee (13%) 6. Tom Tancredo (9%) 7. Tommy Thompson (9%) 8. Sam Brownback (8%) 9. Duncan Hunter (8%) 10. Jim Gilmore (6%)

Negative Votes:

1. Sam Brownback (46%) 2. Tom Tancredo (45%) 3. Tommy Thompson (45%) 4. John McCain (44%) 5. Jim Gilmore (43%) 6. Duncan Hunter (43%) 7. Rudy Giuliani (42%) 8. Mike Huckabee (38%) 9. Mitt Romney (37%) 10. Ron Paul (26%)

However, despite the obvious, MSNBC then declared Romney the winner of the debate, while Paul wasn't even mentioned in the article.

ABC's poll showed Ron Paul wining by a landslide, and another MSNBC poll showed Ron Paul as the strongest candidate.

But despite all this, I couldn't find a single article on MSNBC or ABC talking about Ron Paul's success.

And this:
Ron Paul: Total Victory, Yet Censorship Continues

After just over 18,000 votes, the ABC News poll shows Ron Paul with 15,568 compared with nearest rival Mitt Romney who is on a paltry 245. After initially scrubbing Paul from the poll altogether, ABC were forced to add his name after a deluge of furious calls and e mails.

And this:
MySpace Censoring Ron Paul Supporters

And this:
KPTM TV Story on Ron Paul Censorship

And this:
Fox Covers Fox Censorship

And the stories go on and on and on and on, hell just google Ron Paul censorship.

If I had any doubts there was and continues to be media suppression on RP, they are pretty much gone now.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We will continue to look for the real News, the real stories, the real deal:

www.factcheck.org...

www.politifact.com...

www.politifact.com...

We will attack these demons of intervention!

www.techpresident.com...

www.techpresident.com...

But if these News Media Agendies want War:
We shall fight in the streets, in the rural, at the beachheads, and all inside the Countryside, until the heads of those who manipulate with their News stories are known for what they are, via the books, via the Internet, via the brains that make up the human species, for it is known, that they will have to kill God to stop it!

www.techpresident.com...

Well, not exactly what Winston Churchill stated just above!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What about the others who were left off?
Is there a conspiracy against them too? Why are there no threads discussing them?

I think people are VASTLY overestimating the support Ron Paul has outside of the internet community and are relying WAY too heavily on these non scientific internet polls.
Or they are so desperate for there to be some kind of conspiracy that they abandon all logic and post anything claiming proof on conspiracy.

Did you all vote for him in '88? I'm willing to bet most didn't. His views haven't changed since then. He's been in congress since the '70s. If the PTB wanted him silenced why do they keep allowing him to be elected?

How many people have even heard of him before last year? Most of the younger generation I'm sure haven't, yet now he's the saviour. When something about his past comes up, they are quick to call conspiracy or smear tactics, but they really have no idea...

The internet can easily be manipulated to fit a certain view or manipulated period.
(example: Ron Paul's wiki

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

42nd President of the United States
In office
January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017
Vice President(s) Dennis Kucinich
Preceded by George W. Bush
Succeeded by none, Ron Paul is nominated King
)

And when something comes across that one may feel contrary to that view, they flip out, lol.

OMG the RonPaul.com poll shows he has 99% support, but the Gallop poll shows he only has 10%! It must be a censorship!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
I PLEAD WITH SOME OF YOU , as I read through these posts. And some of you say, and I quote "I AM RON PAUL ALL THE WAY" .

There is a huge problem with this, as you should all be saying "I AM AMERICAN ALL THE WAY" ...

One problem, Ron Paul is the LAST hope for president that isn't CFR. And probably the ONLY one against WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, Trilateral Commission, UN, World Bank, Bilderbergs, NAU, REAL ID, etc. The ONLY one. Point me to another Candidate that believes this, and I'll consider 'choosing' between two Americans. Until then, Ron Paul is the ONLY American running for president as far as I am concerned.

I apologize for the Excessive QUOTING .. But I do agree with you .. and I believe that you are trying to agree with me by not agreeing with me. YOU ARE SAYING YOU ARE AMERICAN ALL THE WAY .... And I agree that some of these comitees are a bit excessive, but on the other hand what is the U.S. going to do take on the world ?? And if you think that it will not happen ... Just close your eyes and start praying about it .. Because that is about all you are going to be able to do if you do not choose to align yourself with allies ... OR UN'S ... or Whatever ... And besides U.S. is a god fearing nation and most believe in parts or most of the bible ... And doesn't it say that there will be a one world government ?? Pretty much a one world Economy ? Why are we trying to stop it from happening instead of telling our brothers and sisters ... This has been written and is taking place ... SAD

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

Ron Paul might be an internet phenomenon but I think you are UNDERESTIMATING the amount of people that use and read the internet.

He has support, and even if it's only 10% of your average GOP voter he should be given at least that amount of airtime. But he's not...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It seems to me this is a violation of election laws. Someone with lower results should not be listed if someone with higher results isn't.

It seems to be that the NY Times is giving free space where they shoudln't be and in doing that they are making contributions they are not declaring? They should be brought up on charges if this is true....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
And once again the New York Times proves that they are really no different than the National Enquirer or Star. With bastions of fair and balanced reporting like NYT and FOX no wonder this country is going down the tubes.

It's a travesty. Checking a bunch of local newsrags, Paul is getting the silent treatment. Oooh. if he could just knock one out of the park and get some "surprise" ink. Those reporter-dolts write about what they are told to write about. They get it wrong most of the time, with a healthy dose of bias.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Beefcake
Ron Paul will run as an independent in my opinion.

Well unfortunately when asked this exact question, he replied "No, we have no intentions of doing that."

And that poses a possible situation where we might catch Ron Paul flipflopping on an issue for the first time. If he doesn't win the Republican nomination, I think there are so many people who will be so insistent that he run under an independent or Libertarian ticket, that he may have to give in and try it.

Oh, but no... I already heard him say, very early on, a few months ago that there was almost no chance he would switch parties. In fact he said something like: you have to give me a little wiggle room on this. (Notice no "" because I'm not quoting verbatim, but 'wiggle room' were his words... I heard them). So, it's a possibility.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I hope RP is elected and he fires every one of them.
It would serve them right for doing him like that.

RP and his supporters are taking names and checking it twice.
And we're gonna find out who's naughty or nice .... LOL

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I just went to Polling Report dot com to take a look
around for RP and came across something very disturbing to me.
According to that poll about RP 60% of folks never heard
of him (see graphic). I think that's the single biggest problem
with his campaign. Not enough people know about him. And I
blame the MSM for that. The second biggest problem I see is
the disrespect his supporters get. They mostly think we're a
bunch of qwacks or kooks. I don't think it has to do with
his policies or his record. Maybe we're just overzealous ... LOL

This poll was done in October 2007.
LOL, at that time I'd never heard of him either.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The media is gonna do everything it their power to force Ron Paul off the election as we get closer to november the smear tatics will gain in intesnity.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Nice work Simon

My guess is this may come naturally with time. If he can break through the 15% threshold soon, he might still have a shot. There are a lot of privately owned, smaller affiliate TV stations that could help make up some of the holes in publicity. And I imagine with all that money infused into his campaign they are strategizing key moves to come.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

OMG the RonPaul.com poll shows he has 99% support, but the Gallop poll shows he only has 10%! It must be a censorship!

2 things about this. Go to Gallop and look at their polls.

1.) Ron Paul is not on them.
2.) Fred Thompson is at 3% in the latest national poll. I'm pretty comfortable in saying that Ron Paul would poll above 3% nationally.

10% is a fairly large group of people. Certainly worth mentioning that 10% beats Fred Thompson and Rudi Guiliani in 3 of the 4 states so far. Or that Ron Paul already has more deligates than Thompson and Giuliani. Or that he's raised more money than both of them.

My point is - I know you're trying to say only Ron Paul fanatics care about Ron Paul and we make up a small percentage of the country, but we are doing better than two of the so called "first tier" candidates. If the media were truly objective, this would be reported, not silenced.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

They left him off of the "Delegate Count" page....

Even though he has 1 delegate? .....

People in this country need to FORCE the government, and its propaganda machines to listen......

Yes, for the first time here I will say that this is, without a doubt, 100% a CONSPIRACY against the people!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

true american, here's one of your stories ... LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(phone rings)

"Yea, this is dubya"

"Sir we have a situation here"

"what kind of a sit-i-ation?"

"well one of them crack pot Ron Paul supporters has
taken over the ******** building and has 57 hostages
and won't let them go unless they play Ron Paul ads