It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

What does that have to do with the topic thread? You just can't help yourself right?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by the lomph
i hope there is a conspiracy to over throw Christianity. that would be one hell of a good day

Really?? Why is that?

share with us your wisdom and justify the paranoia that we really DO have a reason to be concerned.

Does your hope have the aspirations to assist in this coupe de tat of Christianity? Or are you like the atheists waiting for others to do all the fighting?

I mean after all someone like yourself must realize,,

When you're dead,, you're dead

For a long time.

- Con

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That is one of my favorite things about the "science" of evolution. "Possibly," "It is assumed," "We believe," "It is theorized," "We suspect," to infinity. I'll pass, thanks, and stick to the second law of thermodynamics which has been verified, tested, and contradicts the core assertion of evolution.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

What does that have to do with the topic thread? You just can't help yourself right?

The Rush part as he explains why he thinks Chritianity is bashed or the part of my post explaining the motives behind which scientific data and the arguments therof regarding the Dog has caused controversy?

Or my own explaining why I can't concluding in the possibility that it is not perhaps the rejection of intelligence being behind our existence but that it might prove a GOD and that means religion and they just hate that.

That it isn't science it's hate based, fear based biased science with its own motives just like ours. That they may be just as easily brought to the level of venemous attacks Not that you ever make fun of or make such disparaging remarks to Christians.

You mean that AtheistVoid?

- Con

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Or my own explaining why I can't concluding in the possibility that it is not perhaps the rejection of intelligence being behind our existence but that it might prove a GOD and that means religion and they just hate that.

God doesn't equal religion.
Proof?

That it isn't science it's hate based, fear based biased science with its own motives just like ours.

Would you care to provide some evidence to back up your statement?

You mean that AtheistVoid?

I don't get your last question.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

God doesn't equal religion. Proof?

Does it have to? That is my point

That it isn't science it's hate based, fear based biased science with its own motives just like ours.

Would you care to provide some evidence to back up your statement?

I think I just did. In the context my statement is made, I could ask the same question regarding proof that intelligent design isn't motivated by anything other then scientific intentions. Unless of course you think dawkins and others like him have other reasons to say things like ID is just religion packaged as science. You proved it yourself saying "God" isn't religion?" Assuming ID or any God type science would have any truth doesn't mean it is the Christian God of the bible but evolutionists insist that is what they are trying to pass it off as. THAT tells me their objectivity is less then impartial and have something to fear about it.
It is the same for evolution it seems evolutionists are largely those who are Atheist. I really fail to understand why your only response is always " Care to link me proof" especially when it comes to things like "personal beliefs" the opinions of which are well documented

Other then that Void,

Here is your proof

Frankly void, just peruse the many posts at ATS I am sure you'll find plenty defending evolution with a spite against any suggestion of a scienific leaning toward a creator. Scientists are just as likely to have such conflicts of interest clouding there judgement. Darwin did.

Just replace the words you usually use in searchs that contradict the bible or any other derogatory search used where their is a Bias with science regarding evolution and I am sure you will find many in the science community hard to deny their less then impartial ideals.

The question you didn't get at the end Ill rephrase

lol I meant to say " Is that what you mean?"

My apologies

- Con

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You know what I find so interesting is Sizzle created this thread as an answer to what we had seen going on here in this very forum with threads like 101 scary posts from a christian chatroom and the one Majormalfunction created that said there was a Conspiracy against Atheists. When I had never heard of such a thing, they insisted there was. Thats when I started really seeing this from two sides and it is like some of the others have said here.

This is two sides of very differen't ideals and I know it will always be around.

Truth can be interpreted in many ways but PROVING what is REAL truth over what someone THINKS is truth is hard to illustrate much less prove the problems of the perception of real truth and what is perceived as real truth exists.

One way I had done this was seeing the very similar arguments I see going on between truthers and the so called intellectual elite at the JREF forum. James Randi is a notable skeptic and friend of Richard Dawkins.

Notice that my attempt to show them this isssue between REAL truth and what someone THINKS is truth gets debated EVEN when I have a disclaimer that explains this is for illustration purposes only.

Those who are atheists would have argued the same thing I am sure. So even suggesting the mere possibility that they might be wrong while my little illustration in this thread PROVES there are other ways to discern truth from REAL truth,,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Is there a conspiracy that Atheists wish to overthrow christianity? Most likey. But would it ever come no anything? Very Doubtful.
Is it wrong that Atheists may want to overthrow christianity? Not at all.
Im all for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
I am not going to go through and quote line by line the numerous examples of people in this thread who have done nothing but bashed religion. Its quite obvious. You even said this, there are people who want to "overthrow" religion - this is not fanatical? WHAT IS? Of course, this deep hatred of religion and desire to overthrow multiple systems of belief for BILLIONS of people has no relation to religious zealots who overthrow opposing systems of belief.....

...oh wait. But there is a relation.

I don't think so. Again, if we take your obfuscation at face value, you are still comparing a few individuals posting on teh intertubz with mass-murder by politically-motivated people who use religion as a cover and islamofascists (I guess we could say they are politically motivated as well, but I guess you don't want to obfuscate with these bogeymen).

People bashing something on the intertubz does not equal fanaticism comparable to murdering people across the world, no matter how much you obfuscate.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
That is one of my favorite things about the "science" of evolution. "Possibly," "It is assumed," "We believe," "It is theorized," "We suspect," to infinity.

You mean that because scientists use language that is tentative, humble, and accepts limitations of evidence, that this is an issue?

Heh.

I suppose it would be better if scientists said 'dis is de irefootable troof, bileeve or bern n hell'. Scientists don't claim omnipotence or ultimate truth from omnipotent interdimensional things. We are people working to understanding nature from the bottom up, building on knowledge piece by piece. Cranes not Skyhooks.

And the results are very impressive, much more impressive than any other approach to understand nature.

I'll pass, thanks, and stick to the second law of thermodynamics which has been verified, tested, and contradicts the core assertion of evolution.

Firstly, it doesn't contradict evolution. That's your misunderstanding of what the 2nd law says. Secondly, the 2nd law is as tentative as everything else in science. It is not an absolute assertion of truth.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

too true.
what you said really summed up my feelings exactly.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
those who do not believe in Jesus or hate him will always try to discredit him.if you convince them he is real then they will bring up (the god murders) and try to crush your faith.it is simple;if you can prove that Jesus is real beyond any doubt then its no longer faith.remember faith can move mountains.
i have seen and felt the power of Jesus first hand so keep the faith brother, you are not alone.
the fact that they try so hard to steer people away tells me they are (skeerd).

ps. i read the book,we win!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

You mean that because scientists use language that is tentative, humble, and accepts limitations of evidence, that this is an issue?

Heh.

No Mel, I think what she is saying is because Science uses language that is "presumptuous" therefore not really evidence at all

And the results are very impressive, much more impressive than any other approach to understand nature.

Then I would say you are easily impressed.

Firstly, it doesn't contradict evolution. That's your misunderstanding of what the 2nd law says. Secondly, the 2nd law is as tentative as everything else in science. It is not an absolute assertion of truth.

Nope,, and nothing ever will be,, for that,,

You gotta have faith.

heh

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

No Mel, I think what she is saying is because Science uses language that is "presumptuous" therefore not really evidence at all

The language isn't evidence.

Then I would say you are easily impressed.

Nope, just realistic and aware of where the scientific process has taken us.

In a few hundred years science has provided unquestionable benefits that voices in the head can not even pretend to reach.

Nope,, and nothing ever will be,, for that,,

You gotta have faith.

heh

Not in the way you gotta have it.

We do rely on verifiable evidence, not fuzzy feelings and wishful-thinking.

Errrm...heh.

Why are we even discussing science? I thought this thread was provided for christians to play martyr to the evil atheists.

Con, I know your an anti-science ideologue, but can we try to stay on topic? There are other subfora in which you can more appropriately display your anti-science religiously motivated sophism.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by satelliteguy40

ps. i read the book,we win!!!

Actually, the Book says that, according the Jesus, the meek will inherit the Earth - and the meek are those who accept the possibility they may be wrong

Do the devoutly religious accept they may be wrong?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't pay too much attention to the "star system" but I always find it humorous to see an ignorant post that basically says nothing but "Christians suck. Christianity sucks. Christianity is all about control. Christians use their faith as a crutch" and all the other mindless rhetoric that really never says anything new but is given ten stars anyways while I see numerous well thought out Christian posts that are intelligent, creative, and add something new maybe get one or two. Is it possible an ignoramus network is going on behind the scenes?

You make a post bashing Christianity and it will receive multiple posts all in agreement- forget facts or logic. Let's just pick it apart. You begin a religious thread that has nothing to do with Christianity but some other belief system and it still gets brought up off topic and bashed. That always makes me crack a smile.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by satelliteguy40
i have seen and felt the power of Jesus first hand so keep the faith brother, you are not alone.

How do you know it was the power of Jesus?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
AshleyD

Grow up. Are you implying that atheists are less smart than christians, just because your bias mind doesnt bother to read anything but arguments in your favour?
There are plenty of Atheist sources out there that offer proper arguements and evidence. Much more so than the bull i read supporting christianity.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

while I see numerous well thought out Christian posts that are intelligent, creative, and add something new maybe get one or two. Is it possible an ignoramus network is going on behind the scenes?

maybe in your head

You begin a religious thread that has nothing to do with Christianity but some other belief system and it still gets brought up off topic and bashed. That always makes me crack a smile.

Easy for you to say, when you're the one doing the same thing with evolution!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think if an attempt were made to rid this country of freedom of religion it would fail dismally. I think agnostics and atheists would fight alongside the religious, as freedom itself would be at stake.

Post 9-11 saw a resurgence in church-going in America, despite a common belief that religion, albeit radical Islam, led to the attack on our soil.

What nobody wants is an unwarranted rant from either side. Forced-fed religion is wrong, but so is the condemnation of organized religion. Where it gets personal is when religion (or the lack of it) interferes with our way of life. The legality of Christian iconography such as nativity scenes on government property, the issue of school prayer, abortion -- these are emotional subjects and create emotional reactions in most of us. That we are able to debate these issues is healthy. If a day looms when we cannot speak out on this subject, then we all lose, Christian, Jew, Muslim, and atheist alike.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join