It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden In Plain Sight: BLADE film trilogy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I liked first Blade. As I remember in the end of movie when major vampire [was it Frost] captured all others and put in temple they spoke in Serbian.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vojvoda
I liked first Blade. As I remember in the end of movie when major vampire [was it Frost] captured all others and put in temple they spoke in Serbian.

It would have been that or Romaneste, one of the "evil" Orthodox languages anyway. Never a "good" catholic language like Croatian!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
Whats wrong with vampire the masquerade ?

It's not Werewolf: The Apocalypse or Call of Cthulhu. That's whats wrong with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

You are just looking for something that supports your own beliefs and when there is nothing you draw obscure connections. For starter you only have one connection between the film and the NWO that the vampires are the equivalent of international bankers. Don't you think such an obscure connection is useless for trying to get a message across? Also don't you think its a bit of a leap when you consider that the vampires in the movie aren't international? It may be hinting at the men behind the scenes of American government but not international bankers and the NWO.

Even if it is true do you think some working class guy whos hasn't read a book since he dropped out of school is going to see that and think "hang on those vampires symbolize the international banking cartels that are running this world and mean to take it over by chipping us!!!"
The reason I say this is because if it was in a movie then they'd want to get the message out and you can't have some subtle suggestion that only people who already know about the NWO notice.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubber Bullet
you can't have some subtle suggestion that only people who already know about the NWO notice.

Even assuming you are correct, why not?

Also, nice class prejudice about the working class not reading books.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

There is no use in a subtle message because it defeats the purpose of the message. I said in my last post what use is a message in the mainstream when no one new learns from it.

While I don't think that my last post was a class prejudice I can agree it's a generalization. Although it sounds derogatory I did not mean it so. It is an effect of the class warfare that is currently going on in the U.S. The ones in power (not just the Federal Government) keep the poor ignorant and poorly educated. The way in which they do this is that many slumlords and real estate agent abuse the rights on the tenants, and at the same time serve on local government boards. They keep taxes, wages and funding toward public schools low while the already rich private schools gain more funding and the rich become better educated (albeit more centered on the rich white christian way of life). This is not exclusive to landlords but too many medium sized business that profit of the poor.

They also tout personal responsibility as a way to help people stay off welfare. And social security does everything it can to keep from giving out the money to those who need it. There was a case where an elderly man living out of his van and surviving by collecting cans was deemed "a self employed businessman" and therefore he didn't need social security.

I do not mean this as an insult and I hope no one takes it as an insult for it would be the same as me saying the african-american people have been constantly judged and that they have had it worse than many white americans. So do not accuse me of being prejudice against any one.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Rubber Bullet]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
So if we agree that those pushed into the underclass are less likely to read, do you agree that, subtle as we may or may not see the message as being, the underclass victims are more likely to get a message delivered to them in a film than in a book?

Perhaps the subtlety of the message isn't aimed at them, but is a requirement of functioning in the media for the film makers...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

I do agree that a message via film is more likely to hit home though I don't think that the message you described was put into the movie on purpose. I just think that they could have made it much more obvious and if they were trying to get the message out I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Here is an example of how other forms of media get a much more obvious message across. I'm not a fan of rap myself but I do like music with a message. Heres the lyrics to a rap song.
WARNING: Conatins coarse language
Rap

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Rubber Bullet]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join