It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can smell cancer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi guys...im new here.
Found this site when i typed in google "can anyone else smell cancer?"
My story is back in march this year i noticed a funny odour...that "sweet sickly smell" from my mum. Now she has beaten cancer twice the last time 16yrs ago she was only given 3 months to live & had now been in re-mission for nearly 15 yrs. This smell knocked me for 6 n i knew it wasn't a unhygienic smell coz that just aint ma mum. I told her n she just told me she had her yearly appointment at the hospital soon, But it never did come!
Anyway never thought no more about it n then in june a lump appeared under her arm and a scan has showed it is in her stomache. Her non-hodgkins lymphoma has returned & and anyday now she starts her chemo.
I'm so glad there are other people who can smell it too.
I will never ever ignore my sense of smell again no matter what the hospitals say!
I'm now just keeping everything crossed for her

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok thanks for posting this my son has a deletion and have just pushed the medical bondaries to get things going tests eg when in hospital cross contaminated straff A Now have just found out Osteoporosis he is 7 years old when a baby used to get a strong smell from his head like a strong dense chemical smell.
but recently have had to wash his toy as he lays on it and it smelt really strong of a antibiotic sweet smell even told doctors e.g now yesterday when we were at the hospital John gave me a cuddle and he had the smell behind his ear on nape of the neck now unsure either seizures or cancer anyone else know as this smell comes and goes hence unsure if i'm smelling seizure events or not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just to chime -- qigong masters can smell cancer. I did actually smell it once after I had fasted for 8 days while meditating the whole time and then I attended the Level 3 qigong retreat. There was man in the front of the room of about 200 people -- and he announced he had traveled from Arizona -- to Minnesota -- because he needed special healing. I was amazed people could stay in the room with this man -- no one else seemed to notice -- and he had this smell of death. The qigong masters say that cancer smells like burning flesh -- so maybe you are smelling the steroids instead of the cancer itself.

www.allanhamilton.com...

This doctor -- who wrote "the Scalpel and the Soul" also was able to predict death in his patients - but I think it was he could see auras. This is a fascinating book -- he sees dead spirits or so do his patients -- experiences precognition from a shaman in Africa, etc.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Avriel,

thank you for this post. I, too, can detect by smell when some people are fighting cancer. For the longest time I thought I was the only one; and I thought that people would think I'm crazing for saying such a thing. But so far, I am 6 for 6 (detected cancer in 6 people whose body's emitted the same odor). And most recently, I detected the odor on my mother.

This "gift" as some people call it is more of a curse to me. I have asked myself many times over the years "why me", and what am I supposed to do with this?

I have contacted the American Cancer Society, and they have redirected me to send a letter to their research department. I will be sending the letter tomorrow. I don't know what this will accomplish, but I feel that I have to do something.

Thank you again for this post.

Troy Wussow
Kansas City, MO
Aikijudo-Jitsu Ryu

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
When i worked on hospital wards I remember one of the nurses tellig me she could smell the cancer from one of the patients there. I personally couldn't detect it as i have a poor sense of smell but she could.

I guess if you have rotting flesh inside you it's gonna give off a pong.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by avriel

You have a really good sence of smell. I smell death coming on.. the same sicky sweet smell. I smelt it when my dog ate chocolate 2&3 days before she died. I remember smelling it on my Grandma and I just know what it smells like I don't know.....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I found the perfect way to describe it: someone said the smell of raw bacon in the microwave.. yes that smell minus the "bacony" part of where it really starts to cook, add burnt hair and slight floral undertones.. thats the smell of death.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OP where are you?

Can you give me a sniff???

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

will you come smell me?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I remember the smell you speak of too. My great aunt came to live with us prior to her death from ovarian cancer and she and the whole room had that smell. It was very hard to get rid of after she passed as well. My dad had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and also was cared for and died in that same room. I don't remember the smell being bad with him though. I have worked in hospitals and have never associated that smell with any other death other than cancer.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

I can smell it too. I would also describe it as 'sickly sweet'....but also like a warm, rotting 'root cellar' kind of smell.

I can also smell acidosis (high blood sugar).....and if someone is getting sick, I can smell it on thier breath. Yes...I have an extremely strong sense of smell that has only increased as I have gotten older.

I always knew I was sensitive, but after getting into the medical field and working in an ER for years, I honed the skill and began to realize just WHAT I was smelling. There are certain illnesses that as soon as I go into a room with the patient, I know they have it. Some of these things are obvious to many people with a good sense of smell....but for me it is very heightened. Illnesses such as:

high blood sugar
chrones disease
certain types of cancer
internal bleeding (if it's in the bowels...the digested blood has a VERY strong odor..I can smell it even if they haven't passed it)
bladder infection
MRSA (advanced)
Fever (I can smell acetone on the breath. I usually only notice this with family members because I don't get close enough to anyone else)

If someone is terminally ill....they just have a certain odor. I imagine it depends on what they are sick with, but whatever the reason, there is a smell I associate with it. Much like the cancer smell, but not as strong.

Believe it or not...doesn't matter to me. People working with me thought I was a bit odd at first, but after I was right a number of times they started listening to me. I can usually smell high blood sugar once it is 300 or higher and I usally guessed the number to whithin 20 points or so...until it got high enough and then it was just too hard to tell. Sometimes the smells are so overwhelming that I would nearly gag and no one else could even smell it. But it is real, I have backed up my observations with medical tests and diagnosis.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by avriel

I believe you. I doubt your gift is much use as a diagnostic tool, though; the condition would probably have to be well advanced before you could perceive it. It sounds more like a cross to bear than a gift, really. You have my sympathies.

The reason I believe you is that I, too, have a funny olfactory gift. Like sir_chancelot who posted earlier, I, too, can smell the ladies:

Originally posted by sir_chancelot
When my wife was alive, I could smell her and know several days before she started her period.

Actually, I think the smell is strongest in the day or two immediately preceding.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Not impossible I guess because I can see Cancer!

When I look into the eyes of a person with cancer I see a blue light. If I look into the eyes of someone who is very healthy I see the darkest black and a bit of a twinkle.

When I was a young boy I was at a ladys house with my father, When i made eye contact with the lady I seen it. Later as we were leaving the house outside I wispered to my dad that the lady had cancer and was very ill. She died a few months later from cancer.

My mum used to have a beutifull german shepard dog, one day the dog was playing with me and I looked into its eyes. I seen the blue light and was a bit shocked, I tould my mum the dog had cancer. A year later the dog died of lung cancer.

I met a guy who was a martial arts instructer, I was intrested in attending the classes. When he introduced himself and shook my hand I looked into his eyes and was a bit shocked, I could see he was ill. He noticed my reaction, I quickly started talking about somthing to neutralise the situation. A year later I heard from one of the students that the teacher was taking natural cures for cancer....he is still alive today.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OP you have a great sense of your surroundings. Some may call it a gift but I believe everyone has these abilities yet we have never been brought up to rely on them. You have found an opening to look deep inside yourself to see what else you can bring to the surface. Please update us. I believe in your story 100%

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Bingo. I feel the same as you. We need to learn our own senses. We have never been taught of the gifts we have. We only know what we've been told.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Actually I've been smell that sickly sweet smell on my body lately. I know it's associated with cancer because both my dad and my grandpa died from cancer, but I also think it's associated with sickness in general (at least I hope). Of course there is a good chance I am getting cancer given my life style isn't exactly healthy, but I recalled smelling that sickly warm sweet smell when I had high fever as a kid.

The funny part is the way you describe it is exactly how I would describe it. Unpleasant, sickly, warm and sweet. I think I need to get myself check up soon. That said, does anyone know a specific scentific explanation why people exude a certain smell while being sick?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
in 2008 I began smelling sickness in women only, I would gag when around that smell, My children can smell it now too when a woman goes passes us in grocery store or wherever we may be, that sickening sweet smell, you are not alone in this observation

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I can smell something too.........

a clue... it begins with B

is that your bad breath

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Please tell me that it doesn't smell like cooked bacon!
Because I really love the smell of this manna from heaven.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
interesting,

can u differentiate between cancers.

can u smell differentiate between benign and malignant tumors.

ie, can u at least sniff (or just look at) a mole-like growth and be certain whether its skin cancer or just a benign tumor?

ditto for brain and organ/internal cancers?

what does sarcoma smell like? do different cancers have different smells at all.

i would imagine rectal/colon and maybe vaginal/labial cancer do, especially!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join