It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can smell cancer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great topic! I can smell this 'sickly' smell too, I can remember smelling it when I was around 13, as my Grandmother got sick and passed away. She didn't have cancer though, maybe i just smelt the smell of general illness or death approaching.

I also get a whiff of it when i'm close to someone in public, for example on public transport... and due to having an illness my self and spending alot of time in the hospital- its a smell i've become familiar with. I always thought it was just me being weird, I didn't realize other people could smell it too!

To quote westcoast...

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by avriel

Some of these things are obvious to many people with a good sense of smell....but for me it is very heightened. Illnesses such as:

chrones disease
certain types of cancer
internal bleeding (if it's in the bowels...the digested blood has a VERY strong odor..I can smell it even if they haven't passed it)

.. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis this time last year and was very sick, i nearly died. Before being diagonsed and when I started getting the symptoms of this form of Bowel Disease- i noticed a different smell on myself- but couldn't put my finger on what it was... obviously i didn't know I had it at this point.
When my colitis is in remission I can't smell it as much, just now and then (I generally smell nice guys - this is making me sound really gross isn't it!) but when I am in a flare up like i am now, and i am having internal bleeding etc.. i can smell it again! I smelt it earlier on today actually, and sprayed deodorant but couldn't still smell it lingering!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can smell cancer too, after detecting it when visiting treatment center for cancer patients when a family member suffered from it, and some years after that when visiting an old relative in her home. I never told this person about my notice; not for not waiting her to know but for that I thought @ everyone" could smell it, and that she was aware if her disease.
Many years ago I read about the ability to smell cancer, and there was written about a doctor ho inmediately while entering a team, could tell, if there was somebody in there, suffering from c. Discovering my own capability came long time after reading this article,; but it made me believe that this might be common knowledge.
After reading this stream I find, it is not. So, for you all, I can tell that I too do smell cancer.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have had a very sensitive sense of smell since in my early twenties. While working in an ER for many years, I discovered I could 'sniff out' several different ailments, some of them from across the room. One of those was cancer. I don't know if it works for all kinds, but definitely for gastrointestinal. I would describe it as rotting meat...but with a sweet factor thrown in. Almost like a hummingbird feeder that has a whole bunch of drowned, rotting bees in it.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join