It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is it time for Civil war?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

It has already begun.
It is as secret to the establishment as it is to the individual at this point how the new world will look once the dust settles from the coming cataclysmic events of our near future that the powers that be know about and are choosing to cull the populations by rather than to lead millions to safety when that time arrives.
The civil war has begun it is simply still covert and underground.
Just as the greedy are hankering for that last dollar and busy placing all their ducks in a row, the individuals that will be the victors in the future are preparing themselves mentally and physically for the next great step in our independence.
The tactics of the Nazi past will no longer work once the resistance steps up to the plate to establish a new future for man.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Apparently the elitists didn't quite get the message in the American Revolution. A second revolution of sorts, whether it be war or peace, may be needed so they do get the message.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

...1970s & early 80s

* Price of oil quintupling
* 10% to 14% Inflation
* Interest rates above 20%
* 8% to 10% Unemployment

This "America is in decline" thing has all been said before...

It has been in decline for a long time. Were it not for WWII America would never have "recovered"; It would be like Argentina already. At best unemplyment has been reduced by making a few percent work at or near minimum wage for Panera Bread which is about the only place that has been hiring since the early '90s. Just because CNBC plays up every quarter that has an annual growth rate of 5% doesn't mean America has robust growth. Anything over 2.5% is a high rate of unemployment that precludes any wage pressure, allowing the reich-wing elitist to steal anything a spoiled upper-middle class Boomer doesn't get.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by BSndsMPBlk47]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by zman

Sorry to hear about the MS. I'm just starting up with my MS symptoms. It's utterly debilitating. For me, the brain fog, major headaches, muscle pains, tingling sensations, memory loss etc. Of course I don't really believe in MS. I believe I have an infection of a cell wall deficient bacteria, probably Lyme disease (borrelias bergdorferi). The bugs can hide in your nerve cells causing your immune system to attack them, hence so called 'autoimmune' disease.

Have you been checked for Lyme disease? Well so have I. I come up negative as many do, but all the symptoms are there. Did you know that many have been cured of MS by treating the infection? Some take antibiotics, others are on a more strict antibiotic protocol called the Marshall protocol. I'm currently taking a remarkable supplement called MMS.
miraclemineral.org...
I blame this state of affairs in part on the nefarious actions of some of the elite we are talking about here. It's just a shame that we not only have dictators running things behind the scenes, but they are completely immoral and evil.

Thanks but I have lived with this since 1988. Mine is ofcourse progressive and does not go away like it used too. I did have lyme by the way, its nice to know our government takes responsibility for this germ warfare. I can not give blood because I had it. But wait if I had it that mean I still have it if I can not give blood?. I am in the process of going to a cyropractitioner. I have always treated my illness with vitamins and blueberries. Freah fruit always. Anyway thanks. This beloved country of ours has been dismanteld from with in. So voting for the staus quo is not the answer. Get all of them out and start over.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
When Is It Time For A Civil War?

I believe the time comes for Civil War when the systems that are meant to keep checks and balances fail; when corruption and injustice overtake the ability of the laws to keep control.

We clearly have past that point.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A quote from Jefferson was appropriate. While it seems prophetic, he had observed the same happening in England and knew of the danger very well.

"The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Civil War simply isn't a possibility in the modern age, in an industrialized and militarized nation. At best, you can hope for guerrilla tactics to weaken the military resolve and use fear to drive policy, but then it's even easier for the powers that be to mark you as an enemy of the people, and quash your rebellion.

The only way to effect real change is to work within the system, and for the people to unite as one to push for what they want. However, when people have jobs, food on the table, and discretionary income, you simply won't have the motivation for rebellion, and the powers that be know this, and count on it, of course.

Look at history. It's only when those factors are NOT present, or when a large group has been thus disenfranchised, that you then see a civil uprising. Until then, they will be firmly in charge, for the rebel will find himself completely overwhelmed by numbers of sheeple....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
According to Thomas Jefferson, the time for a civil war is about every 20 years. This is to remind the government that it is a servant, not the boss.

Here is the relevant quote.

...God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. ...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

A civil war in our nation will never happen, but a revolution is well over do

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Based on what I have read so far, I think an important point is being overlooked: What makes you assume that the military will unquestioningly (is that a word?) do the Federal governments bidding?
I think that "Joe Public" has more to be concerned about from the domestic "peace officers". That's right, the FBI, NSA, (almost all the "letters"), and especially the misguided local and state police agencies. Speaking from personal experience, silent majorities of the NG and regular Armed Forces are just as fed up as everybody here. Who's going to go to bat for the Feds against their own family and friends? The entities that benefit from it. There is a "grapevine" service-wide in the military forces that would easily and effectively shunt any attempted deception. What about the WOT? It's not that we believe the lie, it's more about tolerance for it. That would stop abruptly at our National borders.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
All this talk about America Declining, loss of jobs. Every day I see new opportunities. Jobs are being taken away but new jobs are forming also. I live in Milwaukee so anyone else who lives there knows what I am talking about...the idustrial sectors flatlinning but great advanced technology jobs comming in.

I know things are very difficult...I have already changed careers multiple a couple times and am doing so again in a copule of months. I have a family and I know that is harder. I would just like people stop looking at things that our government has taken away and look for new opportunities that have presented themselves.

The richer keep getting richer because they are able to capitalize on those opportuniteis. You can too it is just alot of hard work. Every single "Empire" has started off as a small nothing.

The hard question is how do you do it while upholding your values and ethical standards. You can shove it in their face, in my face...Bush, Microsoft, Google, Wal-Mart... but the thing is you keep your standards. Instead of asking the government "whom you think is corrupt" to slam Wal-Mart, why not try driving them out of buisness through competition, bring something to the table that they can't...but in the end you may become Wal-Mart.

Fight for what you belive, fight with fire. Never let an enemy suffer and burn though. Never become what you hate, be greater.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The 2nd American Revolution should have happened starting around 1913. Unfortunately people didn't have a clue what was going on then. So we are about 100 years overdue.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
and i quote from star wars 3, so this is how democracy dies, not with a wimper but with a aplause. it truly was a prophectic statement made in that scene.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I confess to not having read every entry in this thread.

There are many millions of people in the US that are keenly aware that we are dealing with both a foreign and a domestic enemy bent on the destruction of our form of government either outright or by increments. So you are not alone in your sentiments and outrage at the many violations and injustices that are visited on the people of this nation and the world by our own government and its private owners .

There are two methods of resistance, one passive and one violent. Passive resistance is the most powerful weapon known to man it is both practical and effective. Violent resistance is often ineffective and impractical. Gandhi employed the tactics of passive resistance to liberate the nation of India from the tyranny of British imperialism, in the US Martin Luther King employed the tactics of passive resistance to push back against the rampant racism codified in unjust unconstitutional laws, both men were murdered for their efforts but their struggle and their ideas live on.

Gandhi said that passive resistance is not always practical. Lets face it if you are fighting fascism and the fascists are lining you up against the wall and gunning you down pursuing the tactics of passive resistance is neither practical nor effective. Violent resistance only becomes the option when passive resistance is no longer practical. So the question that must be asked everyday, in the course of the great struggle to throw off the forces of tyranny, is whether passive resistance remains practical. I cannot impress on you the reader strongly enough the efficacy of choosing passive means over violent and the folly of choosing violent means when they are not the only practical means remaining.

I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the tactics of passive resistance and I state once again that passive resistance is the most powerful weapon known to man. Ideas are stronger than steel and cannot be murdered, ideas live on no matter the strength of militaries or the machinations of a police state. It is absolutely necessary to create parallel systems, we must create alternatives to the current systems that are designed to enslave and dis-empower We the People.

Vote with your dollar bill. Study the methods of Gandhi closely and intently until they become second nature to you. Never give up the struggle and understand that the state desires violent resistance, it is set up to deal with violent resistance, passive resistance is the best most practical and EFFECTIVE way to resist, until such time as it is no longer practical.

I fully understand your passion and anger, do not fall into the trap.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I must applaud Alexodin. Well said "better than I said it." And remember you are more powerful than you think.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When someone hijacks the boob tube for 30 minutes and tells American's the truth.
Think V for Vendetta...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
While TJ had the right idea...now we live in an age of information, and where "taking up arms" is completely different. In his day, the musket he picked up was the same one the state had. Now, it's rifles and shotguns against tanks, stealth bombers, and bio-warfare... Not exactly the same or a level playing field...so these words have less relevance to our present situation....

Based on what I have read so far, I think an important point is being overlooked: What makes you assume that the military will unquestioningly (is that a word?) do the Federal governments bidding?

It would require the government to commit a VERY serious act to dissuade enough servicemen to make a difference in an uprising. In addition, modern military training and indoctrination is a night and day difference than in the day when rebellion was common....

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

A civil war of sorts could actually occur if the main infrastructure of the country is taken down or disabled. Knock out a few satellites and they would have major gaps in their intell as well as comm capabilities.
That's how the U.S. military carries out a lot of their operations, making up for a lack of needed manpower instead with precision, timing, and communication.
Without a lot of the logistics and such, we would have a completely different world in terms of power and capabilities.
And don't forget the major things like weapon manufacturing plants, ammunition plants, food, water, etc.
It's pretty simple in thought and paper, but it does take a lot of training and planning in reality. The only way a revolution would be successful, would be if the military is well on the side of the people and not the other side. Although of course if the military was to help out, then certain measures would have to be taken to insure that something doesn't happen like with Pakistan and Musharaff taking over as a military dictator.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by guyopitz
The time is now. The time is NOW! When unholy and currupt forces of evil tyranize the weak the righteous must act swiftly, violently, decisively to make a better world for the generations to come.

Civil War = millions dead. Civil War = killing your fellow citizens. Civil War = possible takeover by a Dictator.

Not to mention I think forming a group to launch a Civil War on ATS would be against the T&C

Every time a Paul Supporter makes a statement like this it costs him votes. It is utter madness to for anyone to desire a Civil War instead of joining the current system and helping to change it. Why would you want to kill your neighbors?

Think about what you just posted on the Internet?

Righteous? As in Divine Inspiration? As in on a mission from God?

I'm hoping what he meant was rebellion and not civil war.
I see no legitimate reason to fight with other citizens here, but rather help them in fighting the government.

If there were elements who still didn;t realize we were all victims of government, I would still be inclined to let them be.

We DO NOT EVER need another civil war in America.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilod
However, in light of recent events and the way things are playing out, it is quite clear at this point that our so-called "leaders" WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, with complete disregard of the Constitution, and they are certainly NOT looking out for ANY of the interests of the American people.

You have been awakened...they've been doing this since the Federal Reserve was created.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join