It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviets Found Something ....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi guys

Recently I found a site with high-res Soviet moon images on. (to check them out go to this thread: Soviet Moon Images )

After finally getting some time to look through them myself I came across a strange object in a photo taken by Lunokhod-1. I have marked it in red but it pretty much stands out for itself:

Cropped Image

Full Image:

Original Image

Incase some of you are thinking that its from the rover. Here are several images of the Luna-17 and the Lunokhod-1.

Lunokod-1 on display

Lunokod-1 mated with Luna-17

If you also look at the image you will see that there are NO tracks leading up to the object. If it fell off the rover, surely it would have been close to it. Im convinced that this object isn't from either vehicles.

But that leaves the question what is it, and where did it come from?

/rich

P.S I would like to nickname this object "the washing machine" will explain why later

[edit on 12-1-2008 by olegkvasha]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have no idea. It sure has a geometric value to it. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Leave it to those Russians to mess up my plans.

It seems I can never get far enough away from home to have some time alone. I thought I had gone far enough but apparently not. They found my retreat.

So sorry I feel silly today. But that's a good thing. It's nice to take a day off from solving the worlds problems.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It could have fallen from the lander, and in that case there was no need for track coming or going to it, but I don't think that is the case, it looks like the dirt around the object was accumulated after the object was in that place and not the other way.

Nice find, one more for the collection.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey!

No Fair...............

How come the Russians get to have stars in their moon pictures?

ArMaP perhaps you could enlighten me.

Becker

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The pictures quality seems very much like black and white tabloid newspaper. It looks like either a cinder or concrete block or some kind of box. Maybe it's Jimmy Hoffa?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. How did they get stars to pictures? If I recall correctly, NASA had some explanation as to why stars won't be visible in their photos. Different camera and exposures help of course..

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Those stars are suspiciously similar to the white dots on the other areas of the photo, so I don't think that they are stars.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Absolutely amazing! They found A ROCK.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netstriker

Absolutely amazing! They found A ROCK.

A rock that seems to have a perfect rectangular shape?

The one line, sarcastic comments are getting a little old. If you have nothing to really say then just don't post anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Thanks David. I couldn't agree more. Different opinions are more than welcome on any thread, but sarcy one liners are a bit pathetic.

/rich

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
IF thats a rock, well...that's a big @** rock!! I for one don't think its a rock.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
if you really lok at it. it seems, to me a t least, that its kinda buried slightly. if you look at the right hand side you can see earth/soil/moon land looks like its IN the ground. what i want to know is did they go over to it and have a look?

hey its like 2001 space odessey aint it? the buried one on the moon. very worrying if you look at it for a while

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I agree.

Thats pretty weird, maybe the good ol' Russians couldn't be arsed airbrushing their expedition photographs

Good news for all of then! Time to get digging!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It could very well be just a rock. It's not impossible to find a stone with a geometrical shape that closely resembles a rectangle or square. It is rare, but can happen. I for one would hope that after reviewing this image that the Russians would at the very least think that this object warrants further investigation.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think that this is a nice find: at least, this has some *apparently* straight lines and even an *apparent* corner with three *apparently* 90 degrees (more or less) angles: and it looks to be semi-buried to me too.

I mean that if all would use the same criteria used by olegkvasha in order to "find" something odd on the Moon or on Mars, instead of opening a thread every time that someone spots a rock with the apparent shape of a banana, or of a crocodile, or of a bird, this type of threads would have more chances to be appreciated.
Of course i may be wrong: anyway, star and flag.

ed: spelling

[edit on 13/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Its one of the "Obliscs" like the one found earlier in space by NASA but this one crashed landed and this is why the Russians picked that site as a place of interest to land while on their way to intercept the "Black Knight" satellite to which all other satellites were modelled on...NOT!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Is this source reliable? Is there any official source for the same image?
Googling-->

[Edit] So far it looks legit, several sources have this image. Bizarre.

[edit on 13/1/2008 by PsykoOps]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
.... Or its a rock...

Never seen a square rock before? [Mod Edit]

[Mod Edit: Personal comment removed. Jak]

[edit on 13/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I have never seen a natural square rock. Even though I spend a decent amount of my time observing my surroundings. And that doesn't mean moms basement btw, comments like that are infantile.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join