It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviets Found Something ....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I'm not saying I've got this correct at all, but my visual interpretation of the 'bend' in the 'box' is that it's a shadow, and at the split is where the surface (the ground) meets the box.

I did a quick drawing on your .gif Internos, to demonstrate what I mean. Not sure if this is on track, but it's what came to mind when I looked at the image...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Mmmm: not sure, about this one. It seems to keep its texture, even in the shadow area, but i may be wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
Not sure if that it could be another lunar satellite, dust or dirt on the lens or what!

Here is a link to The Original Photo.

[edit on 14/1/08 by Keyhole]

Uhh, film scratches? Was this scanned from a print perhaps? Because those scratches are apparent all over the photo, not just the section you cropped.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I'm glad you are on this case, Internos, in my mind the likelyhood of finding a solution to this case is increased by the presence of the excellent research team assembled here trying to find logical explanations for these objects.

I agree 100% that visually it appears to keep it's texture. It's really hard to tell (due to resolution) where the object stops and the 'soil' begins.

I think 2 points might help to answer these questions for us:

1) Where is the Sun oriented in this picture? (Are we seeing a shadow or a darker area of the object, perhaps just a facet of the 'box' that is in the shade of the rest of the 'box'?)

2) Can we determine the size of the object?

I'll admit I don't have a suggested method for acquiring values for these variables, but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else does?

In this picture:

It seems that the surface cuts across the object at the 'bend', but once again, I'm just making a visual observation, and I could be totally wrong

The comparison to the 'box' shaped device in Havalon's image is rather striking, except of course for the percieved 'bend' in the 'washing machine' we see on the surface. I'm almost willing to go with that explanation as the most likely origin, if we can prove that the 'bend' is just an optical effect...

Here is that pic again so we have it on this page for compare/contrast:

Another way we might be able to 'prove' if it was the same piece, is to check the Lunokhod 1 to see if the 'box' is still there. I'm not familiar with this particular experiment, but the Lunokhod 1 looks like a rover to me, suggesting it's still on the Moon right now. Short of driving another rover up to it and snapping a pic, I'm not sure how this could be accomplished...

Anyway, I'm just as curious as everyone else
Let's find out what this thing is!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join