It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviets Found Something ....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I have seen natural square rocks.

As far seeing stars in the picture.... there is stars on the lander.

Just poor noise. I think.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
How would a rock naturally obtain a square shape in moons conditions? There's all kinds of erosion going on earth with water and wind but would the effect be the same in moon?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
How come the Russians get to have stars in their moon pictures?

What stars? What you are seeing are the grains in the image. No stars here! Or am I missing something?

Cheers!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I gave a star to one of your previous posts.
About your question, the site, in the acknowledgements section reads:

Acknowledgements
Thanks to Phil Stooke for Luna-12, 13, 20, 22 and Zond-6, 8 photos, scanned at IKI and MIIGAiK in Moscow. Thanks to Alexander Basilevsky and Arnold Selivanov for information about Luna-16, 20 and 24 missions and imagery. Thanks to Don Davis for some high quality Zond-7 scans. Thanks also to Sergei Hlynin for Luna-12 and 19 images.
Luna-3 and Zond-3 frames and spectra were gathered from various sources, including inverse halftoning and processing of images published in Atlas Obratnoi Storony Luny. Luna-9 and 13 images were similarly processed from sources including Pervye Panoramy Lunnoi Poverkhnosti and an extra fragment supplied by Phil Stooke from another source. Lunokhod images were published by the Sternberg Astronomical Institute, and others supplied by Phil Stooke and in Peredvizhnaia Laboratoriia na Lune Lunokhod-1.

www.mentallandscape.com...

IKI is Russian Academy of Science
MIIGAIK is Moscow State University forGeodesy and Cartography

The Soviet created the 'Atlas Obratnoi Storony Luny Chast' (the Atlas of the Far side of the Moon) in 1967,based on pictures returned from the Luna and Zond spacecraft.

There are more infos about it in this russian website
www.astronet.ru:8105...

[edit on 13/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's just a damn rock. Nothing more...

I see many irregular shaped rocks on planet earth that have broken off and ended up looking like that when viewed from afar and at certain angles.

I bet if the camera is 100 times closer you would be dissapointed...

Man... believers are desperately grabbing at straws nowadays....

"OMG an irregularly shaped rock!!! Ancient alien civilization!!"

[edit on 13-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I can honestly say that I have never seen a natural square rock. Even though I spend a decent amount of my time observing my surroundings. And that doesn't mean moms basement btw, comments like that are infantile.

Obviously you haven't gone out much.

It's quite common to see these kind of rocks, like say from a far and from certain angles. Coupled with a blurry, grainy, ambiguous, poorly illuminated photograph, and a wild imagination, non-critical thinking and paranoia you got yourself a lost alien civilization that was covered up by a shadowy black government that somehow has the power to cover up every historical major occurance in this world.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

I can honestly say that I have never seen a natural square rock. Even though I spend a decent amount of my time observing my surroundings. And that doesn't mean moms basement btw, comments like that are infantile.

It's quite common to see these kind of rocks, like say from a far and from certain angles. Coupled with a blurry, grainy, ambiguous, poorly illuminated photograph, and a wild imagination, non-critical thinking and paranoia you got yourself a lost alien civilization that was covered up by a shadowy black government that somehow has the power to cover up every historical major occurance in this world.

Obviously you don't know much about science or read all the posts on this thread. How are rocks shaped here on earth?.. Erosion by things on earth, I never knew they had Weather on the moon.

One thing I hate is when people come on here trying to be know-it alls saying "Ignore ignorance" then ignore basic science itself and ignore other peoples posts. This is based on the remarks of Rock forming and the sarcastic replies. I'd also like to add that this thread was posted to find out what something was, in no point do I see anyone saying theres a lost alien civilization...

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Zemouk]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Originally posted by omnicron

Why on earth would you say that? do you know that person?

It's quite common to see these kind of rocks, like say from a far and from certain angles.

Here on earth maybe, where we have "weather" ie, rain, wind coupled with dust etc, but the moon is supposed to be a vacuum. No wind, No Rain, no dust. Oh wait! meteor impact? I don't think so!

Coupled with a blurry, grainy, ambiguous, poorly illuminated photograph, and a wild imagination, non-critical thinking and paranoia you got yourself a lost alien civilization that was covered up by a shadowy black government that somehow has the power to cover up every historical major occurance in this world.

I would like to hear your non-critical thinking (without the paranoia!)
Q) how is 90 degree angular shape formed in a vacuum?

I look forward to your (non-critical) theory.
H

[Mod Edit: Quote format - Jak]

[edit on 13/1/08 by JAK]

Cheers Jak!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is more than one way of shaping rocks.

Here on Earth rocks are shaped by erosion, but they are shaped from their original shape, all rocks (as other things) exist with an original shape.

That shape depends on the way the rock was created, that is why there are amorphous rocks, crystals, slabs, etc. Those shapes are not created by erosion, they are the original shape of the rock.

Having said that, that thing (that I suppose is a rock) does look like it has some flat sides and sharp corners, things that are not common (I don't remember seeing one like that) on the Moon, but that does not mean that this is not a natural occurring thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
(I don't remember seeing one like that) on the Moon, but that does not mean that this is not a natural occurring thing.

Exactly. We don't know everything about our own planet, so to say what things can and can't do on Mars is a bit far fetched. It has what looks like angles, but it's hard to call it natural or man made just from that one picture.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dont they shoot people into space now after they die ?

Whats the chance of it being some poor blokes remains?

To me it looks more like a "headstone" that has tipped onto a small mount of dirt . As much as it looks square the line that makes it square is shrouded in shadow .

So ... what i would like to know is there any type of (shale)(lime) stone that has
the properties to splinter or break in a way that could leave a flat surface found on the moon or in meteors?

Thanks for this . I love getting my brain going in the morning

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

How would a rock naturally obtain a square shape in moons conditions? There's all kinds of erosion going on earth with water and wind but would the effect be the same in moon?

Actually I would say you are more likely to have 'square shapes' in rocks on the moon because of the lack of erosion forces.

On Earth (or other planet with an active atmosphere) square rocks would very quickly (quickly in geological terms that is) become rounded or even chipped once they reach the surface - or sea floor.

On the other hand volcanic action can cause some interesting geometric shapes - so far as we know the moon is dead in that way - so who knows.

As regards the picture I have no real option - looks natural to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The one line, sarcastic comments are getting a little old. If you have nothing to really say then just don't post anything.

No. There was nothing else to say really.

At a family summer home, we made a staircase out of rocks like these we found in the woods. This is a common natural occurence, not proof of extra-terrestrial life.

Far-fetched extraordinary claims out of benign facts are getting old. If you have nothing interesting to present, don't post anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If this is a common natural occurrence than nobody should have any problems posting a picture of a naturally made square rock with a flat top and 90* angles.

That would be great, thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

Although I am one of those that think that rocks are rocks, and even if that is a rock (the most probable explanation), I think that this is a rare finding, so I would like to ask you something:

Do you remember ever seeing something looking like that on a photo from the Moon?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Theres no point asking the guy questions; look at both his replies, he's not even read anyones replies and gone back to telling us we have to learn secondary school science lol!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just went to the site referenced and this image is posted there and is identical to what is referenced in the post.

Too me it does seem unusual although if a meteorite of what ever geological makeup did break up it is possible to have breaks along structural lines similiar too slate and other geological formations.

But to have a rectangular appearance seems highly unlikely to occur naturally.

Anyways here is a copy of the site I compared the original iamge too.

www.mentallandscape.com...

Check out some of the other images there they are interesting, also during my search NASA has some of the Soviet Images posted however I was unable to find this particular image in there database. Seems too me that this possibly confirms NASA's sanitizing process.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

I am an optimist, I will wait for his(?) answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Please Stay On Topic.

Play the Ball... so to speak.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join