It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think the Anti-Christ is good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I'm not really religious myself and I know Chritstianty is followed by many, but I didn't know all of the messages it the religion gives.

Now that you put it in that way (your post above), it's very obvious someone disproving Christianity is an evil person. The Anti-Christ may have people fooled by making himself look like he's a good guy, but in reality, he's for evil and violence.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

The "concept of Christianity" is as follows: love other people as you love yourself; forgive under ANY circumstances; do not commit violence, not even a bad word, against anyone, regardless of how they treat you; believe that you can do anything Christ did "and more" (quoting J.C. himself).

So, "disproving" this would be... good?

EXACTLY! People think that Christianity is some hokey fairy-tale, and while it DOES have some roots in pagan mythology, it is also a philosophical and historical book.

That's all it should be to non-believers, a philosophical and historical 'story'. It shouldn't offend them so much... it shouldn't concern them so terribly. But if you look at the atheistic community, they honestly truly want to see Christianity die.

Well what's going to come after that? The antichrist. No reveration for life, no spiritual recognition in our life, no kind treatment of others or your enemies, no thing done in the name of 'God'. The antichrist just means the death of every good religious tenant.

As I said before, it's already here. Antichrists already run the world. They don't love their neighbors, they don't want us to love our neighbors, they highjack the political scene by stealing christian votes when they are actually satanists.

It's a cruel joke that people think Christianity is evil and that the antichrist can save them. But that's EXACTLY what's happening. The sick thing is, many of these antichrists are proffessed Christians themselves...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If there really is an "Anti-Christ"
then i agree with the OP all the way.

If the church says it is evil...then that pretty much tells me that this so called anti-christ is just like me and believes that the church is evil.

religion is a sin to nature.
religion is the root of most wars ,death and separation from each other.

so...an Anti-Christ?

Bring him on please...he/she has my vote all the way.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Ah, yes, but let me ask you all this.

What makes you so blindly believe the "chruch" represents "Christ"?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Maya432

I'd have to say that most people have been indoctrinated to think that. Catholics, atheists etc.

People truly believe that Christianity = the Catholic church. Not true. Catholicism is a perversion of Christianity (no offense, Catholics).

People also believe that by destroying Organized religion we're going to get rid of all the ignorance etc. Also, not true.

You can destroy religious institutions but you cannot destroy the christ consciousness. The antichrist WANTS you to believe that christ consciousness/ spirituality is a lie and a front for organized religion. The result will be people calling for the fall of the church etc.... sound familiar? It's going on all around us.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
Bring him on please...he/she has my vote all the way.

Don't be in too much of a hurry. Some believe the Antichrist will back Islam and make it a one world religion. The Antichrist described in Christianity matches the coming Islamic leader almost to a "T." If you hate Christianity, you might not be in for a good time if this suspicion is right.

Maybe this is wrong of me but I find that almost humorous (in a sick, twisted not-really-funny kind of way). Christianity, in reality, isn't forcing anything on you as in a convert-or-die choice. You just find us annoying in the same way we find Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on our door annoying. But if your mindset is that Christianity is 'bad,' then be prepared to be taken from bad to worse if the above view is correct. Instead of a church on every street corner, enjoy some mosques.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

WHOOP THERE IT IS!!!!

Sure christians come to you pretend they want to be your friend just to flip it on you and say "come to church with me"

Sure Christians babble at you in the malls and will come knocking on your doors and such...

HOWEVER Christians haven't beheaded people for hundreds of years for not believing...

Of course, you have the choice in islam to bowdown to their religion and vision of "god", be beheaded, or be a slave.

Where you saying you wanted to join in with the antichrist?

Nostradamus: a mystic to most christians, also names the antichrist as out of the mohmmamadman religion.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

[

EXACTLY! People think that Christianity is some hokey fairy-tale, and while it DOES have some roots in pagan mythology, it is also a philosophical and historical book.

AND, much more importantly, an unambiguously stated "manual" for living. It's "take it or leave it". You cannot be "a little bit Christian", not really.
(What I mean by this is: any "Christian" who advocates anything that is not in line with the precepts above is a very poor Christian - or no Christian at all.)

Now, the basic Christian concepts (see above) are apparently a tall order for very many people (I am tempted to say "most"), including Christians - which is why, I suppose, needed to be "revealed" and restated, again and again.

(Once upon a time, I would have added "to no avail"... but I know better know: actually, Christianity with its precepts was THE defining influence in the formation of social sensitivity and personal emancipation through history that led to today's personal liberties, social awareness and services etc.
To anyone interested in this particular subject I'd recommend the works of Rene Girard.)

But equating the actions of inherently weak mankind - not to mention institutions! - with the precepts, the very PILLARS, of Christianity is sophistry, to say the very least. I think it has more to do with sheer ignorance, not malevolence - I hope.

P.S. Only the ritual part has some pagan roots - not the teachings themselves. The fact that you can find similar teachings in certain other belief systems only proves that this conception of humanity is - or once was - universally recognised as "good" for mankind.

(And BTW... everything in this world has ancient - in fact, the SAME - "roots"...
)

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

I was very glad to read this, Monsterenergy.
It's people like you who give me continued hope for humankind...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Actually my first post described how aliens could quite easily be mistaken for an anti-christ when their really quite nice thats why the Anti-Christ could be good however its in a completly different way of looing at it than it would be to look at it as one of Satan's followers who without question are evil no matter what religion you are.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
ahhhh... but I have not singled out any one religion.
I believe the entire concept of religion is false.

I also believe in what you would call the christ consciousness.

I believe in the path to god

...I also believe this path is between me and god and NO man or false god will interfere in my path.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Maybe the great deception, is say the antichrist' telling us of the aliens, but implying that the benevolant ones are malevolent, and visa versa....
Showing us the wonders of technologies even beyond what we see now.
Do remember, these conspriracies are not focussed around anything here. Considering the actual amount of peopel here from all over the world would barely be a small town, i'd say we are severely outnumbered by the masses who consider such possibilities as a sign of psychological mishaps
. Thus making our minority about as important as inmates.
Dont fool yourselves into thinking you can make others see...only those meant to see will. And you will find out why when you are the only one in 5 blocks radius who isnt freaked out into such shock that you become sterile".. and can hopefully be a figurehead for those left after the devestation.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Similar to my belif. My belif is that every living thing has its purpose and deserves to be here just as much as the other. I believe we have to love each other just as much as we love ourselves. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Everything on this Earth is equal.

Pretty much just some decentcy and morals.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Maya432

If you are referring to the New Testament 'church' that Jesus Christ established on Earth, then it is You who is 'blind'......
You are once again kidding, right?
(I think you should get your 'wings' clipped"!)

"I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18)
Jesus Christ speaks of His Church(people) being there to the END!
There are many more quotes in Scripture, but as you do not believe the Word of God as written in the Bible,I shall stop here!

helen

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
geez its annoying to get those bible quotes. Nice story we get the point.

But in my opinion, as described in a few prophecy, the Anti-Christ will not be the one we think he is. Of course all the christians think he will come from the middle-east, after all Iran is part of the axis of evil. And the musilms fighters are at opposite with the christians in america so they must be the anti-christ.

But like I said, I think the anti-christ will be the great deceiver. Someone who will look like the great good doer. Someone who will talk peace. But in the end, he will have caused great trouble.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

religions have killed millions of people over history
Atheism has killed none

and satanism is not atheism, satanism is worshiping th devil. you would have to have some involvement in christianity to be a satanist.
People become atheist because they believe in what works and what is seen.
People in religion have supernatural powers and you dont see that stuff today.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by evolutionz
Atheism has killed none

I would seriously go and do some research, Hon. Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists are currently being slaughtered left and right in the East by atheistic governments.

But if you want to get technical, neither atheism nor religion has ever killed people. People use their beliefs (theistic or atheistic) to justify killing people. Beliefs don't run around killing anyone.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Atheism has killed none

People use their beliefs (theistic or atheistic) to justify killing people. Beliefs don't run around killing anyone.

True. so they all cancel eachother out in that manner

but atheism is not communism
I can't find any atheistic governments

[edit on 13-1-2008 by evolutionz]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Atheism has killed none

People use their beliefs (theistic or atheistic) to justify killing people. Beliefs don't run around killing anyone.

True. so they all cancel eachother out in that manner

but atheism is not communism
I can't find any atheistic governments

[edit on 13-1-2008 by evolutionz]

Hi/
Atheos.......Having no God!

Just because one calls themselves a Christian does not mean they are Saved and all is good.....
Likewise, one who now does not know of God may come to know Him in their own time and be Saved.
Jesus Christ was crucified by one of His Own...Judas knew Him, but judas allowed 'Greed' to rule him, until it destroyed him.
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard,
that leads to life,
and those who find it are few (Matthew 7:13-14).

Who is The Devil?
the word for devil, diabolos, means the one who
deceives and creates discord,one who opposes.......

In todays society there are many devils........for Devil means(and so it is in Scripture) one who deceives!
One who deceives can be any of the many religions...whether he/she is Christian or not!

Having no beliefs but only of one self, is dangerous because it has no foundation.
It has nowhere to go...therefore believes it has nothing to lose!
If it feels right , then do it....is a deceitful saying!
Just because something looks good, it does not mean it is good!

Just because someone is in power, does not mean that he/she is all good.
God is all good.
God created Adam and Eve all good......it is their own doing that changed what God made.
eg/If I'm given a clean house and I begin to destroy it from its first natural state,it was my own doing that it became like that, and no one elses!

What I'm getting at, is that if Someone calls themselves a Christian and does not follow the teachings by the Apostles,as given by Christ,then one truly is not a Christian in Gods Eyes.
The same can be said for an atheist.....if one only follows their own rules and breaks them.....they are in fact contradicting their own beleifs...but since this can change according to the beliefs they have, who is to blame but themselves!
When one has no foundation ........then there is no purpose as to what one can do .
We have Laws for a reason....imagine what would happen with no Law !
So, back to Satan........He is called a lier from the beginning, because he is a 'devil' a slanderer and full of deceit.

hope that made sense,starting to confuse myself now.

helen

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I would ask that you hold your tounge. I do have my belifs, I believe in a creator . I just don't believe that any religion on Earth has nailed it down. Why not ? Too many wars, people bashing their views into you. I mean the other day a Jewish kid was bashed by a whole lot of Christian boys at my school.

I would ask you don't call me an atheist again, because I'm quite clearly not.

It seems almost obvious that you are confused because you are 'pigeon holing' religion based on Man's expectations of it, as a result you end up expecting more than any religion might be able to spriritually provide.
I also think you are expecting too much from Man as well. You should not blame God for the actions of Man.

Every religion on believes their "version" to be the whole truth but to err is human and I doubt any one religion in the world is the one that holds all truth. To get to the real truth you must look at all religions with a fine toothed comb.Truth comes from looking at what each religion has to say and by trying to figure out what the sacred writers were trying to convey.

I am not saying you must cherry pick this and that to suit your agenda but you need to be able to recognize and identify the things that have been intentionally introduced to confuse the masses, this includes any contradictions, confusion and deterrents. This may prove to be extremely difficult to do but nothing worthwhile has ever been easy.

This confusion was intentionally introduced across the board because it was known from the beginning that religion would play a big role the life and spiritual development of Man, most likely by the very force you would call the anti-christ.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join