It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think the Anti-Christ is good.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The anti-christ has always been thought of as the devil or an evil demon who will try to rule the world however I feel is only because its being defined by a christian. I'm putting forward a point of view that is rather unique. Rather than think of the anti christ as the devil or something similar why not think of the anti christ who disproves the concept of Christianity.

For example; If I was to present a peice of evidence that disproves maybe not just Christianity but all other religions then I am darn sure I would be deemed the devil by all classes of the world by the worlds religious folk. So there we go I just disproved Christianity and al of a sudden I'm the "Anti-Christ" amungst various other things.

My argument is that the anti-christ is not just the one who disproves Christianity but also the one who disproves or debunks if you will, the concepts behind modern day religion. In the 1800s a prophet predicted that when the Anti-Christ appears from the heavens we will know of life on other planets. Wow, thats funny because if 'aliens' were found to be true then a lot of religions would have a lot of explaining to do in order to get themselves out of the new found mess they are in.

Is this necessarily a bad thing though ? Personally I think if this is what/who the Anti-Christ really is then they are doing us a big favor. The worlds wars are religiously started or enflamed. Who knows we might actually show some love to each other.

This is not where this argument ends. Some may dismiss my idea of the Anti-Christ due to bible passages like this one;

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

All an alien would have to do is pop its little head out of its space ship and let out a big loud hello for Christianity to go inot chaos. Not aliens claiming Jesus is an alien.

Now this also raises two questions; Did the writers of the bible know of alien life on other planets ? If so how ? To be honest the above statement seems to be aimed at no one else but an alien race who posseses great technology that could be seen as god like.

What are your thoughts on this ? I am sorry if you have been offended by anything wrote in this post, you have my sincer appologies but I am just trying to throw some ideas out there.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Excellent topic. I think you're on to something here. The appearance of aliens who then claim to have created life on Earth would be a near death-blow to Christianity and most other religions. I half expect something like this to happen. This would be a genius plan for the devil to use. I think Jesus hinted that something of this nature would happen.

Matthew 13:22
false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sorry I have to use this analogy but if you had seen any movies such as the Incredibles, than you might understand how some alleged enemies are created in order to appear as a hero.

According to some I have spoken with, we have been programed to accept religion as an alternative to the truth like a placebo. The Matrix was another example of disinformation programing because supposedly most people can't handle the real truth as if in Hell or a living nigthmare.

Knowing that many people may die in a future global disaster within the next few years might keep people from going about their lives as usual, and yet we could die anytime anyway.

Supposedly this program of eventual disclosure will happen in the near future and possibly even 2012. It brings to mind other movies, such as the Wizard of Oz and one of the Star Trek episodes with the childlike alien and the fake or dummy appearance. Unfortunately for many, we are only told at best....half truths.

It just may be that even our own governments aren't sure what the exact truth is, but are preparing themselves anyway. Disclosure now could mean unnecessary chaos and that the war in the middle east is just another form of disinformation to focus on.

So, it could be that speculative NEWS and false information and panic etc. is the real ANTICHRIST. Jesus had supposedly said that it does not add a minute of time to your life by worrying.

But being psychologically and physically prepared doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by eRauzed
The anti-christ has always been thought of as the devil or an evil demon who will try to rule the world however I feel is only because its being defined by a christian.

The first reference to the Antichrist comes from the Old Testament, therefore, the Jews. Christianity only later expounded on the future figure.

I'm putting forward a point of view that is rather unique. Rather than think of the anti christ as the devil or something similar why not think of the anti christ who disproves the concept of Christianity.

It's actually not unique (no offense). Many already believe this is exactly what he is going to do. Many prophecy watchers are convinced the Islamic Al Mahdi and the Antichrist will be one and the same.

This stems from the fact that basically everything the Bible describes as being the Antichrist's characteristics uncannily reflects how the Islamic Hadith describes the Al Mahdi. One of the things this Al Mahdi is supposed to do is "discover" ancient copies of the Hebrew Bible (our Old Testament) and New Testament books. He will be able to "prove" our Bibles are distorted and that only the Koran is the inspired revelation of God to mankind.

My argument is that the anti-christ is not just the one who disproves Christianity but also the one who disproves or debunks if you will, the concepts behind modern day religion.

This is exactly what we are told he will do. He will set up a "true" one world religion after "proving" all others false. If you do not convert, you die.

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Although I am certain this had dual meanings, at the time this was written, Gnosticism was rearing its ugly head and trying to merge with Christianity. Of course, Gnostics do not believe Jesus came in human, physical form but as a spiritual being. This passage was refuting this belief and was warning those who might think Gnosticism and Christianity were one and the same. In other words, if you hear a Gnostic teaching saying Jesus was not actually here in human form, do not believe it. But I also firmly believe this is a warning for our day as well.

All an alien would have to do is pop its little head out of its space ship and let out a big loud hello for Christianity to go inot chaos. Not aliens claiming Jesus is an alien.

I haven't decided on this theory yet but many, many Christians believe this is exactly what will happen. They believe the "Nephilim/Watchers" will return in the last days posing as aliens. They feel the modern UFO sightings are conditioning us to accept this instead of showing up suddenly without any prior warning. When they do show up, many believe they will use our own Bible to point our "references to aliens" as proof and claim the ancients were so ignorant that they mistook they aliens for gods and angelic beings.

Whether the deception is caused due to the appearance of pseudo-aliens, the Mahdi, "discovered texts," or what have you, the repeated warning is this: DO NOT BE DECEIVED.

We are told a massive deception is to occur on earth before the Second Coming. This deception is going to be so believable that the Bible says it could deceive "even the elect of God, if it were possible." Yikes! That is pretty serious. But Jesus said see to it that you will not be deceived. I have told you in advance not to trust this "proof." If you can hold on for seven more years, I'll be back. That's what I plan on doing.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oops. I missed some things.

The anti-christ has always been thought of as the devil or an evil demon who will try to rule the world

We don't believe the Antichrist is Satan but that he will do the will of Satan, even if unknowingly.

All an alien would have to do is pop its little head out of its space ship and let out a big loud hello for Christianity to go inot chaos.

I definitely believe this would cause chaos for the Christians who are ignorant of all the facts. In other words, the Sunday-Morning-Christians who go through the motions of the Christian faith but do not actually know prophecy or the Bible.

To be honest the above statement seems to be aimed at no one else but an alien race who posseses great technology that could be seen as god like.

As stated, at the time, this was a direct refutation to the Gnostic doctrine that Jesus was only a spiritual being and not God who came in human form. So, it was not a case of "this statement can only be aimed at aliens." It was a warning for the current Christians as well as a possible warning for us in the future.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

hi/
It's perfectly ok to watch a movie and enjoy it,but by no means believe all that is shown as truth...it is exactly how many will be fooled.
Aliens have been shown good and bad.
So, which is it?
Many people don't even know that Aliens have existed since man was on this earth.....all that has been done is take on a new form to fit in with todays society and they are widely accepted as beings from other planets.
This is not so unbelievable, as early fathers of the church and later, have come in contact or have seen these beings.
Here is something to think about!
There can be no doubt that there are aliens,many have come forward with having contact and seeing with their eyes,but the question is, what exactly are these aliens and what do they want?
Why do they not appear to hundreds at once, but seem to pick and choose who they appear to?
If they are so advanced......why are they playing idiotic games of stupidity?

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not; yet, if
should come in his own name, him ye shall receive (John 5, 43)

"So, be warned, my friend. I have given you the signs of the antichrist.
Do not merely store them in your memory.
Pass them on to everyone without stint.
If you have a child after the flesh,
teach them to him forthwith.
And if you have become a godparent,
forewarn your godchild, lest he should
take the false christ for the True.
For 'the mystery of lawlessness doth
already work.'" (St. Cyril of Jerusalem)

quote///" The false religion of Antichrist can be characterized as a humanist religion, in the sense that it is not divine; it is vain, transitory.
This is why the number of the beast is called in the Apocalypse, the number of a man (Rev. 13:18).
The number of a man is the name of the man-Antichrist,
who will reveal himself to be a god,
but who in essence will be merely a pathetic slave of the fallen angel...
count the number of the beast
Antichrist will be a man......Having received power and authority from Satan (Rev. 13:2
When would be the right time for the Antichrist to make his appearance?
"when people will not endure sound doctrine,
but according to their own desires they will choose teachers who will tell them just what they want to hear.
They will turn their ears away from the truth and go after fables" (2 Tim. 4:3-4)
So how are people to know what to look for?
"Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name,
saying I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Do not follow them.
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive,
if possible, even the elect.
See, I have told you beforehand" (Mathew. 24:5, 24; Mark. 13:6).
The Apostle Paul explains to the Thessalonians that these will be not actual miracles but mere illusions and deceptions of the evil spirits (Apocalypse, 13:13-15, 2 Thess. 2:9).
"In latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Tim. 4:1).

helen
EDIT.....it's a little late here...and my reply may be all over the place...hope its still readable.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by helen670]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
To all who responded thank you very much

dbates:I'm really sorry that I don't believe I explained my stance well enough. I was trying to say that I believe aliens could quite well be labeled the anti-christ just through what they would do to religion but what they would do for the world is an entirely different thing.

aleon1018: I do see your exact point but please read my reply to dbates, your misunderstading of my point is my fault for not explaining myself clearly.

AshleyD: I'll begin by saying thank you for your very insightful post. I do think theres parts of my arguement that you have however missed the point again, this is my fault. Please read my reply to dbates

helen670: You are quite in your rights to think 'Why are they playing idiotic games?' I think this question however can be answered by abit of thinking to how exactly the world would react to mass alien landings on the whitehouse lawn. There would be mass suicides. This is another reason to why I feel aliens could be misunderstandingly be labeled the anti-christ or be the anti-christ by the explanation I used above (Proving Christiantity wrong).

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The "antichrist" is anti-christ not anti-christian.

In many ways, too many of the teachings of the christians are antichrist teachings.

Just because the so called "christians" (christ stains) (sudofollowers of christ) are fools and loud mouth braggers, and hypocrites, and blind and lame teachers, both mentally unable to understand christ and his consepts...

The Kingdom of God is like a man whom planted fine seed in his field, and while he was asleep the enemy came and planted seeds of weeds. Instead of damaging the good grain, it was judged to let them all grow up together, and in the time of the reaping the grain will go to the storehouse and the weeds will go into the fire.

The most annoying "christians" taint the real and hardworking in the works and understandings of christ followers of christ.

The antichrist is a man that will come to rule over mankind. The antichrist is by no means "good".

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I also have another view I'd like to present on the Anti-Christ. This one may seem far'fetched and highly debatable but I found it quite interesting. Now before I go on I am not religious, I have my own belifs but none of which have their bible.

It begins with the story of the same prophet who in the 1800s predicted that when the anti-christ next comes we will know of life on other planets. Quoting what AshleyD said:

We are told a massive deception is to occur on earth before the Second Coming. This deception is going to be so believable that the Bible says it could deceive "even the elect of God, if it were possible." Yikes! That is pretty serious. But Jesus said see to it that you will not be deceived. I have told you in advance not to trust this "proof." If you can hold on for seven more years, I'll be back. That's what I plan on doing.

Theres been speculation that 2012 will be the year of the anit-christ. I speculate that this is actually the year of the Second Coming. Jesus said if you can hold off 7 years he will return. So I started by taking 7 off 2012 and seeing wheather there was any interesting religious activities that went on in that year.

Funnily enough Pope Benedict XVI (16) was brought into power in 2005. When found this out a lot made sense. I thought, hmm the anti-christ was stated that they would seek religious power, Pope Benedict XVI is seeking religious power. They also mentioned he would be of European, whatcha know; hes European.

Now some may ask how is this far'fetched. Well this is the part when I bring in the out-there opinion. What if Jesus was an alien ? Yes I know a lot of you could say 'RAUI YOU ARE FALLING INTO THEIR TRAP'. Not quite because their can only be one anti-christ. I'm just using a different analogy of what was said by the 1800s prophet.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

You only feel that way because your analogy of anti-christ. It all depends on what way you look at it and I don't know about you but I like the positive side rather than the negative

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
When he changes the holy day, Thursdays aren't good for me. Anyone who tries to implant my forehead or hand better be quick on their feet, I'll jake 'em where they stand. I'll eat tree bark first. The positive side. Hmm. You mean the evil spiritus condemned to hell after a great battle! Eternal shunned of God's love, and would like nothing more than to see every soul ripped from humanity? Those guys. Ya, good luck with that and their lies.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

dbates:...I was trying to say that I believe aliens could quite well be labeled the anti-christ just through what they would do to religion...

AshleyD: ...I do think theres parts of my arguement that you have however missed the point again, this is my fault. Please read my reply to dbates

Ah, in that case, many Christians already agree with you.
I myself am undecided but I do know why God didn't tell us exactly what this deception is and instead only told us to watch out for it.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You only feel that way because your analogy of anti-christ. It all depends on what way you look at it and I don't know about you but I like the positive side rather than the negative

well that is your perception of events. It's a fair enough spin.

However all these future events have already happened. I'll now look into my crystal ball and read my tarrot cards for you. Mmmm... just like I thought. You were wrong.

Don't take me wrong in calling you wrong. I do understand what you're getting at. However it is biased with your distaste for the christ Stains, and I can respect that. We share that feeling. However it isn't based in the reality of the quest of the spiritual things, only those who are fools and in error and annoying the world in the name of God's Christ.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Care sharing why god didn't go into the description ?

I am unsure on your religious stance now, are you or are you not Christian ?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

Everyone has their opinions.

But IMO, I believe the Anti-Christ to be bad. I know I'm just conforming to the idea of most people, but I don't think anyone who is the anti of Jesus is anyone good (unless Christ was not who he said he was).

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Yes, your right. Anyone who was anti-jesus would be bad. I am more thinking of the anti-christ as someone who disproves the concept of Christianity.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

Oh, well that wouldn't be as bad.

But I still think the Anti-Christ is less dis-proving Christianity and associated more with violence, his followers who don't know he's evil, and he might even be associated with reptilians.

I know people on ATS think reptilians are all bunk, but I don't think it's entirely true. But still some Youtube videos on these shape shifters are laughable.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

My argument is that the anti-christ is not just the one who disproves Christianity but also the one who disproves or debunks if you will, the concepts behind modern day religion.

*sigh* Don't worry , atheists. You're all so bent on hating religion and wanting to whipe it out. Don't worry. It's gonna happen.

And this 'anti-christ' everyone is talking about? You're it.

Atheists: YOU ARE THE ANTICHRIST. So are so many of the supposed Christian leaders, so are so many of the anti-everything let's kill everyone brigade. You're all $#&@ing antichrist's because you want spirituality and religion dead. You want spiritual and religious people to be dead. And you don't even understand the psychological manipulation which has lead you down this path. You are the @$*#ing Antichrists and you don't even know it.

The bible has nothing to do with this. The end of spirituality has been foretold by every philosophy and every religion, and it is ALWAYS the atheists who bring it about.

To a very specific group of people, (which is now billions strong) spirituality is dead, morality is dead, material and physical reality is all there is etc. In other words, to atheists, God is dead, spirituality is dead, etc. You are the anti-christs. You have already killed God within yourselves, now you want to see it die world-wide.

You are all outraged and confused over your literal interpretations of the Bible. It's a historical and philosophical book, but for some reason it's existence is a thorn in your sides so you want it all to go away.

You have already KILLED your own spiritual history, and now atheists are ready to call in a world without religion, based on science and militarism etc.

So don't $@&%ing worry people. You're going to get your antichrists, as you've already had them. The Christian voting base voted in G.W. who is a satanist. So that's one antichrist.... line them up, there's plenty more.

next will be the atheist hordes who have no self-value, no spiritual insight, and hate religion and all religious people. They're going to get their antichrist as well. Don't worry.

*sigh*

Sick to death of this anti-christian anti-religion anti-everything nonsense. I'm sick to death of atheists period. Go destroy your own $@&%ing selves and stop trying to bring Religion into it. It has NOTHING to do with your self-destructive anti-spiritualist agenda. You just want to blame it all on religion.

Blah.

Here's the real reason you think the antichrist is a good thing: because you're an ass-backwards materialist maniac just like everyone else who wants religion and spirituality to die. You are the same group of people who are slowly being convinced that death is good, evil is good, destruction is good! You are thinking in this manner because you are ass-backwards products of a manipulated and twisted society. You will never realize this because you need SPIRITUALITY to realize it! You want to kill spirituality so you're damning yourselves to a life even more controlled and deceptive than you're fairy-tale idea of Religious society.

BLAH!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Yeah I know, my view on it is a different one and does need abit of extra thought to agree with

My post here; www.abovetopsecret.com... tells my views on that sort of Anti-Christ. You may say 'Oh well why do you always assume aliens are benevolent?' Its more of a I don't see how a race with the technology they obviously have (being able to travel around stars and all) to have any reason to be malevolent.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I would ask that you hold your tounge. I do have my belifs, I believe in a creator . I just don't believe that any religion on Earth has nailed it down. Why not ? Too many wars, people bashing their views into you. I mean the other day a Jewish kid was bashed by a whole lot of Christian boys at my school.

I would ask you don't call me an atheist again, because I'm quite clearly not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join